RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is absolutely sickening.
alexander144 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: This is absolutely sickening.

I can see that father-daughter relationship really getting great over the years assuming she doesn't commit suicide first.
02-10-2012 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
proud-scene-kid Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

This guy a ia fucking jerk. On the other hand, that girl didn't stand up for herself until she posted that message on Facebook... She could have at least tried to make her parents stop?

(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")

[Image: n3rs4k.jpg]
-Proud member of the LGBT community
02-10-2012 11:25 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

(02-10-2012 03:36 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:35 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:33 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Clearly her parents are not good communicators. She was not wrong. At all. She needed someone to listen, because her dad only listens to his dick and gun apparently.
Really EVERYONE on her friends list? every single fringe "friend" she could have just easily emailed herself the messaged or typed it in notepad and not in facebook.
I don't see a problem. People do it here all the time.

Yeah and shit hits the fan every time a patent finds this site. Just ask Baron or sapphire.
02-11-2012 12:19 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

(02-10-2012 04:46 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  I like how you are assuming when I said "rights" I mean government endowed rights. Please... away with you.

(02-11-2012 12:19 AM)Aya Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:36 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:35 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 03:33 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Clearly her parents are not good communicators. She was not wrong. At all. She needed someone to listen, because her dad only listens to his dick and gun apparently.
Really EVERYONE on her friends list? every single fringe "friend" she could have just easily emailed herself the messaged or typed it in notepad and not in facebook.
I don't see a problem. People do it here all the time.

Yeah and shit hits the fan every time a patent finds this site. Just ask Baron or sapphire.
Well when you say 1 that makes me think of the first amendment. And the first amendment doesn't give you the right to say whatever you please, it just says congress cant make legislation AGAINST it.
02-11-2012 03:50 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

with love from my facebook status:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: 21ki3dj.jpg]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
02-11-2012 05:05 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

that girl got pwned by her dad so hard
02-11-2012 05:06 AM
EnemyOfTheState Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Nope....

I gotta go with BOTH being in the wrong here. The daughter was REALLY FUCKING STUPID enough to make a FACEBOOK post raging at her Parents, when she could have calmed the fuck down and tried to compromise with her Parents a deal. Most of what I got from her little post was "BOOHOO CHORES ARE HARD, PAY ME!! WAHHHH!!"

But the father was in the wrong as he lost his cool and went STRAIGHT to the punishment route as a way to combat his daughter's stupidity. Also by some of the chores he was asking his daughter to do seemed more like chores that made it so him (the father) and the mother wouldn't have to clean their own shit up. Plus the father could have sold the laptop on EBay or something instead of throwing away hundreds of dollars....

In the end, there seems to be NO winners here.

[Image: adventure_time_signature_by_solidmetal-d328ime.png]
02-11-2012 07:11 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Wow, what a fuckin dick, it was just a post in facebook, he didn't needed to overreact like that. And, from what I heard from the message, she had every right to vent, especially living with these batshit insane rednecks parents.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 07:32 AM by Luizao876.)
02-11-2012 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
avrillavigne12251 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

this girls dad is the biggest dick i have ever seen. calm the fuck down, its a fucking facebook post. if i was that chick i would of kicked the asshole in the nuts before he got a fucking chance to shoot the laptop. and its such a waste, i agree. give the laptop to charity, not shoot it. WHO THE FUCK LET THIS GUY GET A GODDAMN GUN IN THE FIRST PLACE? seriously.

This was on Yahoo news, and the number of parents who agree with this is even more sickening.

Honesty is the best policy, but Insanity is a much better defense.
Nutter
02-11-2012 08:48 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

I'm personally not a fan of people talking shit about me.
02-11-2012 08:55 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

He's talking about having respect for her family yet he has a second family of his own, possibly causing this large amount of housework for his own daughter, andddddd he owns a gun. Yeah. She expresses her feelings and his solution is "shoot it."
02-11-2012 10:24 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

He's retarded, sorry. He's just some asshole with an ego problem. The chores and shit aside that you guys are arguing about, he put on a show for his own gratification, also he wasted a perfectly good laptop -__-. Pretty childish. And clearly there are communication problems between the daughter and the father.

And he reminds me of the fucking inbreds I went to school with in the Texas hill country which made me rage in itself.

Also, I read like 2 comments, decided I better not read anymore, lol.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 11:09 AM by Desu.)
02-11-2012 11:08 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(02-11-2012 11:08 AM)Desu Wrote:  He's retarded, sorry. He's just some asshole with an ego problem. The chores and shit aside that you guys are arguing about, he put on a show for his own gratification, also he wasted a perfectly good laptop -__-. Pretty childish. And clearly there are communication problems between the daughter and the father.

And he reminds me of the fucking inbreds I went to school with in the Texas hill country which made me rage in itself.

And so did she posting that long as shit rant on a very public site. And I think hes rich enough to where he destroys a laptop to prove a point I'm sure he can buy many many more.
02-11-2012 11:23 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

(02-11-2012 11:23 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 11:08 AM)Desu Wrote:  He's retarded, sorry. He's just some asshole with an ego problem. The chores and shit aside that you guys are arguing about, he put on a show for his own gratification, also he wasted a perfectly good laptop -__-. Pretty childish. And clearly there are communication problems between the daughter and the father.

And so did she posting that long as shit rant on a very public site. And I think hes rich enough to where he destroys a laptop to prove a point I'm sure he can buy many many more.

She shouldn't have posted that, but he's still being really childish. The whole thing is stupid. He could have just talked to her about it, but instead he had to make a video of him shooting a laptop and embarrassing his daughter in return.

Him having money to buy laptops has nothing to do with anything.

RIP GORE GOROTH

02-11-2012 11:34 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(02-11-2012 11:34 AM)Desu Wrote:  

She shouldn't have posted that, but he's still being really childish. The whole thing is stupid. He could have just talked to her about it, but instead he had to make a video of him shooting a laptop and embarrassing his daughter in return.

but the daughter got pwnedddd
02-11-2012 12:32 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(02-11-2012 12:32 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

are you fucking retarded
The only reason she got "pwnedddd" is because she's practically forced to keep living with her parents. it doesn't look like he "won the argument" or some shit to me.

[Image: glorious666.png]
02-11-2012 12:40 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(02-11-2012 12:40 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  are you fucking retarded
The only reason she got "pwnedddd" is because she's practically forced to keep living with her parents. it doesn't look like he "won the argument" or some shit to me.

She was all like dad you suck nigga and he was like pop pop watching mother fuckin laptops drop
02-11-2012 12:45 PM
NeuroSmog Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I did a very similar thing when I was her age... Except much worse. Of course, I got punished and my Facebook was deleted, but I think that the father was making the situation worse by posting that video on Youtube. He's pretty much doing the same thing his daughter did -- posting a rant on the internet for the entire world to see. I guess he's perceived as just simply because he's a parent...

My solution? Stay away from social networking sites.
02-11-2012 12:59 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

ITT: net noobs who don't know how to set their facebook to private.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
02-11-2012 01:05 PM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

(02-11-2012 12:40 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 12:32 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

are you fucking retarded

^ trolled

RIP GORE GOROTH

02-11-2012 01:07 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

I said "1" as in......oooonnnneeeeeeeeeee.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
02-11-2012 05:23 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

The daughter posts a message on facebook, so the dad posts a message on YouTube. That's so hypocritical, what he should've done is SOLVED the problem by coming to terms with his daughter. Not shooting the fucking laptop.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
02-12-2012 09:01 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(02-12-2012 09:01 PM)Efs Wrote:  The daughter posts a message on facebook, so the dad posts a message on YouTube. That's so hypocritical, what he should've done is SOLVED the problem by coming to terms with his daughter. Not shooting the fucking laptop.
He didn't care it was on facebook, he cared about what it said LOL
Nearly 19 mil views and over 200k likes LOL this guy so popular.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012 02:58 AM by SaintVicious.)
02-13-2012 02:49 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

My mom was watching this about an hour ago, she just laughed.

The guy way over reacted, maybe that's why his daughter posted something like that in the first place.
02-13-2012 03:28 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

(02-11-2012 10:24 AM)M3116 Wrote:  He's talking about having respect for her family yet he has a second family of his own, possibly causing this large amount of housework for his own daughter, andddddd he owns a gun. Yeah. She expresses her feelings and his solution is "shoot it."

That guy totally has 'step dad' written all over him but how do you know he has a second family?

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
02-13-2012 04:44 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

>facebook
>ruining lives

was this really a fucking suprise to anyone
02-13-2012 05:03 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(02-13-2012 05:03 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  >facebook
>stupid people
>ruining lives

was this really a fucking suprise to anyone

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
02-13-2012 05:05 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

(02-13-2012 04:44 AM)TheCancer Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 10:24 AM)M3116 Wrote:  He's talking about having respect for her family yet he has a second family of his own, possibly causing this large amount of housework for his own daughter, andddddd he owns a gun. Yeah. She expresses her feelings and his solution is "shoot it."

That guy totally has 'step dad' written all over him but how do you know he has a second family?

He seemed to add 'your stepmother' in his angry list of people his daughter had supposedly disrespected. I'm not here to judge, but it says something about his ability to effectively cooperate with his family.
02-13-2012 05:13 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

sweeping the floor and wiping down the counters what an asshole!
02-13-2012 05:15 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

(02-13-2012 05:15 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  sweeping the floor and wiping down the counters what an asshole!
pretty much this

sure is first world problems in here
02-13-2012 05:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thanks (For Absolutely Nothing!) Illuzion 4 2,435 05-22-2014 12:52 AM
Last Post: Ky
  Absolutely pointless assembly James Comey 2 2,082 09-25-2013 09:29 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  This is absolutely ridiculous..Absolutely fucking ridiculous haza 3 2,853 10-12-2007 04:53 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser