RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successful guide to cutting school?
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

So I sit here today, cut school. And though it wasn't a completely clean cut, I manage to get to my house at 9:30.

Thing was, I had it planned. I would wait an hour, walk around town, go to the library pick up a this movie, and then go home. Turns out I see a large group of people waiting outside for the library to open.

I think it's just a bunch of hobos, so I use the back entrance. WHen I get in, I see an entire senior advisory from my school entering the library. ONe girl sees me and laughs, and I turn and run the other to the back entrance and out. ALMOST CAUGHT!

I think we masters at cutting school, should create a guide to cutting school.

Thing is, since they don't call my parents if I miss school, it's easier for me.

My advice, is to leave the area as soon as you get dropped off. Don't hang around and risk getting caught. You don't have to go home, but have somewhere you can crash until it's safe to got where you want.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 12:51 AM by SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT.)
02-02-2012 12:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
proud-scene-kid Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: Successful guide to cutting school?

My advice:
1. If your school calls your parents to confirm that you're at home if you're absent from school, call in early. This may seem obvious, but if you don't, you're gonna get in trouble for sure.

2. Don't go to a place where you might get recognized by someone. This includes near your school AND near your place (if you plan to go out). Again, this may seem obvious, but many people don't think about it. However, if you DO get recognized, lie. Say you have the day off. If people don't believe you, deny the fact that you're cutting class. Stick to your lie and don't mess it up.

3. Never, EVER, brag about it. Someone could snitch on you.

4. If you only want to skip 1 or 2 classes, hide in the bathroom. Try to pick classes where the teachers don't call roll/take the attendance. Make sure that you bring something to entertain you, like a book, a handheld video game or an iPod.

Might post some more later Smile

(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")

[Image: n3rs4k.jpg]
-Proud member of the LGBT community
02-02-2012 03:55 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Lol "proud scene kid". Whatever floats your boat...

---------------------
"Unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot."
02-02-2012 04:37 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

You can leave the area as soon as your dropped off. But if you're like my school that's starting to use technology, they scan your name in every class. And if you're not in those classes the system sends the parents an SMS or if the system is down you get a phone call.
So to stop this from happening. Destroy the schools phone lines (and hopefully the internet).
Then wag.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
02-02-2012 04:32 PM
proud-scene-kid Offline
Renegade

Okay. I'm writing this at school hoping I won't get caught.

If you choose to skip only 1 class (assuming that they don't call roll and/or scan your name) and you choose to use the bathoom method, (Watch out, Captain Obvious is back...) no one should see your feet. So keep your feet on the rim of the toilet bowl. If someone sees you, just yell something like "I'm using the bathroom, is that a problem?" Usually they'll leave you alone. To make sure that no one gets suspicious, change stalls every once in a while. If you plan to stay in the same stall for the whole class period, you can even forge an "out of order" sign. Do anything you want, but don't get caught. If you choose to bring an iPod, keep the volume low and only use 1 earphone, so that if someone comes near your stall, you know when to turn the music off.

(")_(")

02-02-2012 11:28 PM
LoganJ7 Offline
Defiant

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Thanks for the guides on how to skip school without getting caught. Gonna try this.

But what if someone does catch you? And what are some good excuses for skipping class (to tell parents and anyone else who asks?) I'm paranoid and always want to have a good explanation for everything I'm doing...
02-03-2012 12:13 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I was a TRUE master, because my name was never flagged as truant on the system, even though they marked the roll every class. This is because my school had a new signing in/out system that was kind of flawed and could be exploited easily, letting you truant easily. I also left during recess, lunch and assembly.
02-03-2012 12:22 AM
LoganJ7 Offline
Defiant

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

How did you do that?
02-03-2012 12:25 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Well, first of all the card swiping thing was only meant to be used to "sign out" if you have a note from a doctor or parent to leave early, however the machine was in clear sight, so I just ran into the office, swiped my card super quick and left before someone saw me. Therefore, the system didn't flag my name as truant when I was absent from classes afterwards, and it was basically an absence but not truancy.

And even if a teacher questioned me, I would have the receipt/note from the card swiping machine. It was an exciting feeling, going into the office to swipe my card and GTFO. And I knew the code for another type of absence, one for "free periods", which was like an even more legitimate absence. My friends also used the same method, but I was TEH MASTER. It was a fucking obvious flaw in the system but nobody really exploited it. So I was a LEGIT truant that also has a leave pass for any suspicious teachers. And I was a senior so teachers questioned seniors less.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 12:48 AM by psychopath.)
02-03-2012 12:45 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Laugh

That is hilarious and genius at the same time.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-03-2012 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

My school is really good at catching you if you skip...if you plan on skipping the whole day without an excuse, they will catch you. They won't do anything unless you miss a certain amount of days though. Skipping one class is pretty easy...you just don't go. Walk around the school, leave, whatever...the only way they will catch you is if they are reviewing your attendance records or you skipped the wrong class and the teacher reports it to the office.

No, this is Patrick.
02-03-2012 03:03 AM
proud-scene-kid Offline
Renegade

If you're good at acting, you can fake being sick too... But you need to be prepared. Start showing "symptoms" the day before, say you don't feel well. Headaches are easy to fake, because no one can prove whether it's true or not. Don't fake a fever, a sore throat or a stomach virus, cause these can earn you a trip to the doctor's office, which is even more boring than school, plus if they take your temperature or run tests, they will find out that you were faking and you'll be in deep shit. If your parents don't believe you and make you go to school anyway, as soon as you enter the building, show some "symptoms". After 10-15 minutes, tell the teacher that you don't feel well and that you need to go to the nurse. At that point, the nurse will either make you stay in his/her office or make you leave. Either way, you'll miss at least half an hour of class Smile btw, if someone wants to give you medicine, put it in your mouth while they're there, but spit it out as soon as their back is turned. (Captain Obvious is back!)

(")_(")

02-03-2012 03:49 AM
avrillavigne12251 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Faking sick is a lot easier if you're decent at it. I usually just complain about a sore stomach and all, dodging any "let's go to the doctor" bombs, and such. Actually, for me, going to the doctor isn't too bad, and its typically a one hour visit, which is long but bring along a ipod or book to entertain you during waits then the rest of the day... Your rents should leave you alone and you're free.

Also, girls.. Faking cramps is your best friend. Easily gets you out of class.

Going to the bathroom during the end of class and not coming back after the bell goes. Just make sure its fairly in the end of class. Even then, a lot of the time teachers won't mark you absent because the attendance is already in.

Anyone in elementary still can easily go in for morning attendance and then suffer until recess and leave then. I actually had a teacher in grade 6 who made kids go home for assignments so I would always say I left something at home, and get out of class for 30min-1hr with that.

Also, anyone have advice about faking calls to the office?

Honesty is the best policy, but Insanity is a much better defense.
Nutter
02-03-2012 02:52 PM
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

When faking sick, YOU MUST KNOW YOUR PARENTS. If they want to send you to the doctor at the slightest 'headache', you can get fucked over. If they don't give a fuck, either leave right after they drop you off or walk in, fake a headache (a migraine is what I would recommend), and go to the nurse's.
Normal migraine symptoms would be that all sound and light is magnified; so, if she talks, cover your ears and politely tell her to tone it down. If she shines a light, don't hesitate to cover your eyes or flinch as she puts the lights in your eyes. Make sure they don't call your parents, especially if they're assholes like mine or Zvesda (although his parents are a different grade of asshole).

Also, you could do the old pillow under blanket trick. However, your parents should be incredibly stupid to pull off this trick, otherwise they will catch on and watch you.

Also, if you have a scanner, find someone in your school (preferably a 'computer geek', as they call people like myself) and try to get them to crack into the system. If they can, get them to try and crash it. Anyways, promise them something (but nothing too extreme, unless you can pay for or find it) and, when they are done, give them what you promised. Don't be underhanded or they'll be less likely to work for you in the future. Good payment would include helping them with any bullying problems they may have (whether at sKKKool or home) or helping them in a subject if you are aceing it, with say, answer sheets (if it's a school that allows you to redo an assignment before a specified date) or find the teacher's answers to, say, next week's quiz. Also, to add to it, have them hack the grading system and change your grades and whoever else they want to change the grade on. Of course, make sure he isn't a snitch. The teachers and administration sometimes plant their snitchy little bitches to get people in trouble.

If you have a normal sign-in sheet, one of those pesky pieces of shit where you write your name to sign out, don't write the time on the sheet. If you do, you could fuck yourself over.

Also, if you can,you could probably get advice from someone about pocket-sized EMPs and camera jamming devices. A good example of this type of thing would be HERE . Expensive, but worth it in the long run of cutting classes.

666 Baby Annihilator.
07-28-2015 12:05 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Im pretty sure jammer and/or EMP usage for "unauthorized" uses is a federal crime punishable by monetary penalties and even jail.

Cutting class aint worth a few thousand dollars or juvie. Even selling jammers is a crime in the US(afaik most of these sites selling em arent located in the US. This doesnt make it legal though because you arent allowed to have em anyway).

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
07-28-2015 12:32 PM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I have actually skipped school before. And got away with it. It depends on your parents, though. If your parents take you to the doctor for the slightest illnesses/injuries, then don't do it. If they are like my dad (who believes doctors try to rip off people), then this could work.

My method involved faking an illness (I chose a stomachache). After trying to make myself throw up (gagging and chugging saltwater were the methods I tried), I failed. That morning I stayed in bed and told my mom I felt sick to my stomach. And she believed me. She felt my forehead (she never uses a thermometer) and thought it was warm (it was probably pretty close to normal). So I stayed home, watched Netflix, posted on SS, and played video games.

I would suggest faking a headache, though, as many above have suggested. It is easier to fake.

Running out of the school: (never tried this before, so this isn't from experience)
Advice- Wear a dark hoodie and bend over so the cameras cant see your face. Start doing this the millisecond you walk out of the classroom. Also bring money, so you can do something during your spare time. Also memorize what time you get home. So that way you don't get caught. Give it like a 5 minute time range.

1. Ask for a bathroom pass
2. Walk towards a bathroom where an alternate exit is located
3. Walk past bathroom
4. Sprint through alternate exit
5A. (if school is in a close suburb to a major city or on the outskirts of town) Run towards downtown
5B. (if school is in downtown) Run as far from the school, but stay within urban area
6. Do something. Anything. Of course, make it look reasonable. Like jogging (if you are wearing athletic clothing). Or going to a local coffee shop. Or something else.
7. Get home on time. Definitely don't be early or late (as that will arouse suspicion).

If your school calls home when you are missing from school, you aren't 100% screwed. If your parents are off at work, then call back with an accent that sounds like one of your parent's accent. Also keep said home phone in your bedroom. If one of your parents are at home (and your home phone isn't in your room), you are screwed.

If your bus drops you off at a group bus stop, just walk home with the other kids like usual. If your bus drops you off at home (and an adult is home), then you are screwed. Unless you live in an area where you can walk and tell your parent that you decided to walk home today. Does not work in a rural area, though.

Also, if your parents are nice, chug a lot of caffeine. Then get into an argument with them. But don't make it heated to the point where you are grounded. Make sure that the argument is very late at night (like 3am or later local time) And if your parent(s) are awake. If your parents are nice enough, they will let you stay home that day. I actually did this one, too.

If you are just cutting a class or two, then just do some of the methods listed above. I would suggest not listening to music at all, though (because someone might hear it, and you do not want to risk that). Make sure the class(es) you are skipping do not take attendance/roll. Hide your feet and change stalls often (or fake/steal an Out of Order sign, but still hide your feet). Keep very quiet, unless they are sounds of trying to get a brick out of your ass. You could realistically sit on the toilet and keep your feet down for as long as one whole class period, but you MUST make sounds that make you sound constipated, and keep doing it for a long time. I haven't tried this method, but it could work.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
07-28-2015 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I infrequently cut school with the illness bit.

Getting trapped in bed wasn't always worth it. Only if I had a good book would I try the sickness method(and my mother being crazy regarding attendance made faked illness extremely difficult)

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
07-29-2015 08:40 AM
schoolsux Offline

my mom let me do whatever i wanted for the most part. i chilled out and watched netflix all day.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

07-30-2015 11:56 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

When I was cutting school, Blockbuster was still a thing, Redbox was a social experiment, and Netflix was still mail-in DVDs with the wacky yet entertaining commercials.

I feel so old.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-30-2015 12:06 PM
 Thanks given by: Prankster813
schoolsux Offline

youre not that old compared to me (13)... i still remember blockbuster. granted they mostly closed down before i started skipping school. the last one i remember was closed 2 years ago. i bet a few of my friends forget about blockbuster, though.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2015 12:33 PM by schoolsux.)
07-30-2015 12:31 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I'm 20. I think 7 years makes a substantial difference considering 7 years ago, you were of questionable conscious awareness.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-30-2015 12:42 PM
schoolsux Offline

okay, i was wrong about that

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

07-30-2015 12:51 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Yerp.

I had a blockbuster across street from me. Wish I never returned the two vidya games I rented, cause the next day they began going out of business and selling stock. I doubt they'd have noticed the two games missing seeing as the entire company was shutting down.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-30-2015 01:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Once-active SS-user is now conventionally successful. Discuss. Will 8 6,065 04-19-2017 04:58 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  How will school make me successful? MusicAndFruits1092 12 6,677 05-24-2016 02:23 PM
Last Post: navitasharma
  high school survival guide -- real helpful thewake 6 4,789 05-03-2015 03:08 PM
Last Post: thewake
  City will fine students for cutting class Draculimortis 8 5,757 07-13-2011 10:27 PM
Last Post: thewake
  My epic, successful (kinda) skipping of a whole school day. username01462781 18 9,728 03-03-2010 04:57 PM
Last Post: Coma Girl
  Just another reason to ditch...and a successful one. Fuckthesystem 5 3,499 02-26-2009 12:04 PM
Last Post: Amortisatie
  are there any adults that are successful on this site? guitarniac 14 4,750 07-18-2007 02:36 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser