RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What'd you learn from video games?
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)
What'd you learn from video games?

ITT: We depict the obscure things video games taught us about life, and the other posters try to figure out what game its from

I'll start us off:

VIDEO GAMES TAUGHT ME THAT:

...Killing innocent people makes you grow horns

...If you can't find a way out of your apartment, try looking for a gaping hole in the bathroom

...A cardboard box is a perfect place to hide

...When in a street race the cops will never go after the other racers, just you

...No matter how far you fall or how many bullets there are inside you, morphine injections mean perfect health and no pain

...Even if your trapped in a mall flooded with zombies, don't bother trying to escape through the front door, STAND AND FIGHT!

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
12-07-2010 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
Re: What'd you learn from video games?

....If you upgrade the very first ability you learn to max, you'll be unstoppable.

....Apparently zerging is the worst strategy when playing zerg.

....The shotgun is generally the most overpowered weapon in a game/followed directly by the starting machine gun.

.....It's not a complex storyline unless your sidekick betrays you apparently.

.....Accumulating money serves no real purpose in the game, ever.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
12-07-2010 09:37 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

From Left 4 Dead:

Gauze and ibuprofen heal all wounds.

High-powered automatic weaponry and explosives can be found in the most convenient of places.

You're gettin' too old for this horse shit.

It's not like you need all your blood.

Escape vehicles will always be waiting for you at the end of each hellish, zombie-infested location, only to take you to an equally hellish, zombie-infested location.

You never need to play any other game. Ever.

From Half-Life:

Nobody can see how operating in an underground laboratory where you basically play god and carry out experiments on teleportation and aliens in secret could possibly go wrong.

Doors will be blocked, passages will cave in, and access panels will malfunction, but always in a way so that there's some method of progressing.

Air vents are your friend.

Goverment cover-ups were not in your job description.

Walking over something makes it warp into your hands.

Radioactive waste can be found every and anywhere. No exceptions.

The US Marine Corps' Hazardous Environment Combat Unit, aliens from another dimension, trained assassins, and cybernetically altered supersoldiers can be beaten by a geeky mute physicist with an orange suit, glasses, and a crowbar.

Heal-U-Qwik Industries decided to spread their high-quality medkits around Black Mesa and City 17 at the most convenient of times.

From Call of Duty:

Anything that would certainly kill you instantly in real life, completely heals within three seconds.

From Sonic:

Evil geniuses who command giant robot armies are somehow incapable of removing the shiny gold rings and strange television monitors that are essentially the one thing keeping you alive.

Water is the most dangerous thing in the entire world.

Labyrinth Zone was created by one cruel son of a bitch.

From Portal:

A couple pieces of metal can completely negate any injury that you would receive from landing on a concrete floor after falling hundreds of meters.

You don't need your teeth.

From S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:

Vodka can cure radiation poisoning.

You should get out of here, stalker.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-07-2010 10:18 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

...Enemies will either die extremely gory deaths, or poof away, depending on ESRB rating
...If someone offers you cake, they're lying.
...If you kill someone when no one is around, the guards will still know. They're always watching.
...If you're a girl and you train only strength, you will look like a hideous man, no exceptions.
...Giant Ostrich/Chickens are wonderful for riding.
...Never cut a card in half, they squirt blood EVERYWHERE. It's a pain to clean.

Sociopath Wrote:ITT: We depict the obscure things video games taught us about life, and the other posters try to figure out what game its from

I'll start us off:

...Killing innocent people makes you grow horns Fable

...If you can't find a way out of your apartment, try looking for a gaping hole in the bathroom I have no clue

...A cardboard box is a perfect place to hide :/

...When in a street race the cops will never go after the other racers, just you Any racing/car game ever

...No matter how far you fall or how many bullets there are inside you, morphine injections mean perfect health and no pain Fallout 3

...Even if your trapped in a mall flooded with zombies, don't bother trying to escape through the front door, STAND AND FIGHT! It's Dead Rising, right? (The one with the mall zombies?)

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-07-2010 10:22 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

...Drinking mysterious, randomly placed red bottles keeps you alive, along with simple bandages.

...You can survive any fall by preforming a somersault, or some other kind of fancy trick in midair.

...If you die a horrible, and painful death, you'll be transported back to the nearest book, checkpoint, door, computer console, etc. without a scratch on you.

....Despite various economic and/or apocalyptic conditions - money, food, clothes, and weapons are always insanely easy to obtain.

...There will always be a guide of sort to help you through the beginnings, or sometimes the entirety of your adventure that you somehow inexplicably winded up.

...If you go searching under boxes, inside buildings, in gardens, alleyways, or sewers, you will always find somewhat useful objects.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
12-07-2010 10:28 AM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Call of Duty:

You can dual-wield two Winchester 1887 shotguns and fire them at the same time without any injury from the massive recoil you receive.

If you sit in a corner in a building and guard a doorway for awhile, then turn to check another entryway, someone will come through the doorway you were just watching at the moment you turn your head and kill you instantly.

You can only sprint in intervals of 30 feet before becoming tired, no matter how much training you've put in beforehand.

You only have to aim down a sniper rifle scope for a half of a second to get an accurate kill.

If you try to knife someone in the back, you will either completely miss at point-blank range, or you will slide across the room and your knife will magnetize to your foe's neck.

You can have instant access to nuclear weaponry, just as long as you get enough kills.

You can become a five-star general just by constantly killing people.

Shooting someone in the leg two or three times will kill them.

Throwing a knife at someones toe will instantly kill them.

Your allies and friends can always take hundreds of bullets to the chest and survive while standing shoulder to shoulder to their enemies and doing absolutely nothing helpful, while if you so much as poke your head out from behind cover, everyone within twenty miles will automatically aim their weapons with perfect accuracy at your head and obliterate you instantly.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
12-07-2010 03:08 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

..If you see a mysterious red liquid in a syringe inject yourself! you will get lightning powers.
12-08-2010 03:26 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Live a Live(Live an Evil)

-Being betrayed by humanity as a whole, your best friend and even the love of your life is enough for you to go insane and become a curse on humanity that follows them through time, world and eons.

- If every main villain in every time period has the same name or variations of the name you better believe every heroes story is connected in some kind of way.

-Once all the villains reincarnations are beaten in every time period he'll summon all the heroes to him in his time to prove to him that hate will always win.

-The main villains reincarnation don't even have to be human and yet know to spread their hate and destruction(In the far future a Robot AI, in the past a TRex and in the closer future a robot that turns humans into purple paste and eats them).

- Even though the Villian can destroy the universe in one move he won't do it because of his pride and because he wants to prove a point.

Video games in General

- A dopes version of a good plot twist is when the story never happened or the main character is betrayed because they are so used to the game holding their handing and telling them everything.

- The Game overs of a game can be philosophical or just a vision of what will happen since you died and the game over music in rpgs tends to be better than the victory music.

- Tend to have overabundance of plot armor.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-08-2010 03:34 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

CrayolaColours Wrote:...Enemies will either die extremely gory deaths, or poof away, depending on ESRB rating
...If you kill someone when no one is around, the guards will still know. They're always watching.
...If you're a girl and you train only strength, you will look like a hideous man, no exceptions.
...Never cut a card in half, they squirt blood EVERYWHERE. It's a pain to clean.

Sociopath Wrote:ITT: We depict the obscure things video games taught us about life, and the other posters try to figure out what game its from

I'll start us off:

...If you can't find a way out of your apartment, try looking for a gaping hole in the bathroom I have no clue

...When in a street race the cops will never go after the other racers, just you Any racing/car game ever

...No matter how far you fall or how many bullets there are inside you, morphine injections mean perfect health and no pain Fallout 3

...Even if your trapped in a mall flooded with zombies, don't bother trying to escape through the front door, STAND AND FIGHT! It's Dead Rising, right? (The one with the mall zombies?)
Ya got most of em right, except for the fallout one, thats not it. Keep guessin'! Wink

A'ight, lemme try:

Pieman Wrote:...Drinking mysterious, randomly placed red bottles keeps you alive, along with simple bandages. Kingdom Hearts?

...You can survive any fall by preforming a somersault, or some other kind of fancy trick in midair. Super Mario 64?

...If you die a horrible, and painful death, you'll be transported back to the nearest book, checkpoint, door, computer console, etc. without a scratch on you. Assassin's Creed?

....Despite various economic and/or apocalyptic conditions - money, food, clothes, and weapons are always insanely easy to obtain. Fallout 3?

...There will always be a guide of sort to help you through the beginnings, or sometimes the entirety of your adventure that you somehow inexplicably winded up. Borderlands?

...If you go searching under boxes, inside buildings, in gardens, alleyways, or sewers, you will always find somewhat useful objects. Dunno...

CrayolaColours Wrote:...If you kill someone when no one is around, the guards will still know. They're always watching. Oblivion?
...If you're a girl and you train only strength, you will look like a hideous man, no exceptions. Fable?
...Giant Ostrich/Chickens are wonderful for riding. Final Fantasy?

VIDEO GAMES ALSO TAUGHT ME THAT:

...Even if you don't feed or water or bathe your dog, it won't die, instead it'll run away and give you a present when it gets back

...The princess is ALWAYS in another castle

...Its a good idea to listen to the homicidal maniac living inside your head, trust him, he knows what he's doing

...If you're near death, dunking your head under water and resurfacing heals you

...Shooting your teammate heals them

...If the rooftop your trying to get to is too far away, try jumping in slow-motion

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-08-2010 04:23 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:...If you go searching under boxes, inside buildings, in gardens, alleyways, or sewers, you will always find somewhat useful objects. Dunno...

This one was sort of a generalization.

...Even if you don't feed or water or bathe your dog, it won't die, instead it'll run away and give you a present when it gets back
Fable II

Super Mario Bros.

...Its a good idea to listen to the homicidal maniac living inside your head, trust him, he knows what he's doing
No idea.

...If you're near death, dunking your head under water and resurfacing heals you
Some kind of aquatic game..uh..National Geographic: Prehistoric Adventures? Razz

No idea.

...If the rooftop your trying to get to is too far away, try jumping in slow-motionViewtiful Joe

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
12-08-2010 06:12 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

...Shooting your teammate heals them - Borderlands (if you're a soldier)
...If you kill someone when no one is around, the guards will still know. They're always watching. - Definitely Oblivion... damn that was annoying.

Quote:...The princess is ALWAYS in another castle
Laugh
Also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMrtGifNBo4

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-08-2010 06:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:...Enemies will either die extremely gory deaths, or poof away, depending on ESRB rating

I'll start us off:

Ya got most of em right, except for the fallout one, thats not it. Keep guessin'! Wink

A'ight, lemme try:

Pieman Wrote:...Drinking mysterious, randomly placed red bottles keeps you alive, along with simple bandages. No, you get orbs in KH.

...You can survive any fall by preforming a somersault, or some other kind of fancy trick in midair. Super Mario 64?

...If you die a horrible, and painful death, you'll be transported back to the nearest book, checkpoint, door, computer console, etc. without a scratch on you. General thing. Assassin's Creed has various things it'll teleport you to.

....Despite various economic and/or apocalyptic conditions - money, food, clothes, and weapons are always insanely easy to obtain. Fallout 3?

...There will always be a guide of sort to help you through the beginnings, or sometimes the entirety of your adventure that you somehow inexplicably winded up. Every game ever. It's kinda necessary.

...If you go searching under boxes, inside buildings, in gardens, alleyways, or sewers, you will always find somewhat useful objects. Dunno...

CrayolaColours Wrote:...If you kill someone when no one is around, the guards will still know. They're always watching. Oblivion?
...If you're a girl and you train only strength, you will look like a hideous man, no exceptions. Fable?
...Giant Ostrich/Chickens are wonderful for riding. Final Fantasy?

TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER YEAAAAAAH.

...If the rooftop your trying to get to is too far away, try jumping in slow-motion

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-08-2010 07:02 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

AWOL Wrote:TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER YEAAAAAAH.
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! I loved Ty, my game broke though D:

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-08-2010 03:35 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Got all three, 'cause I'm Australian.

Dawg.

12-08-2010 06:02 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

.. You can survive falling 3 stories and land on your feet and keep walking around. -Golden sun (babi lighthouse)
12-09-2010 03:27 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Comrade Wrote:.. You can survive falling 3 stories and land on your feet and keep walking around. -Golden sun (babi lighthouse)

There have been instances where this has happened.

12-09-2010 04:45 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Pieman Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:...If you go searching under boxes, inside buildings, in gardens, alleyways, or sewers, you will always find somewhat useful objects. Dunno...

This one was sort of a generalization.

Fable II

Super Mario Bros.

No idea.

Some kind of aquatic game..uh..National Geographic: Prehistoric Adventures? Razz

No idea.

...If the rooftop your trying to get to is too far away, try jumping in slow-motionViewtiful Joe
Sorta. Ya din't get viewtiful joe, the aquatic game, or fable II right. Try again. Razz

@AWOL: that wasn't the game I was thinking of, but ok.

----------------------

...The average price of pain medication is $100,000

...There is no spoon

...wtf? You can't buy BOMBS?

...Its possible to move all your appendages, even if they're not attached to your body

...You can make jetpacks out of wooden barrels

...If you make a mistake in the room, exiting and reentering will fix it

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-10-2010 02:42 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

The last one could either be the Harry Potter games or Zelda.

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 07:27 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

The one with the dog and the present was Nintendogs. Right?

...Money? You'll either never have enough, or never have a use for it.

...If you bathe your dog it will sparkle.

...Clicking randomly sometimes works.

...The number of trees is 7.

...Eating small animals makes you evil.

...Yelling "AWAY FROM THE BITCH!" at the screen when you see your wife and kids will not stop her from greeting you. Beating her will simply end in divorce.

...Cuddle the bubbles.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
12-10-2010 07:57 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

MorikoMisa Wrote:...Cuddle the bubbles.

*awesomeface* Speaking of...

Ask for help, and you'll get cryptic answers by a cat that sounds like Snape.

I also learned that, only a few find the way, some never do, some, don't ever WANT to.

If you build a wall, a fairy will vomit sparkles EVERYWHERE.

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 09:49 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

If you throw dice when you're alone...you will likely die. :(

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
12-10-2010 10:03 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Y'know, I've learned quite a bit from this game.

When you're the size of an ant, an acorn falling is the equivalent of a bomb.

Children go to "skool" to get nails into their head, and half their brains taken out.

When buying/torrenting an old game, it will manage to bite you in the ass, as you'll end up paying a million dollars just to read a fucking mini casebook (which was oh so worth the trouble. I actually didn't buy it, my savior at the Alice forum linkeded it to me. It's extremely difficult to find, fucking three months.)

Nightmare mode, it lives up to it's name.

Spiders have faces of infants on their backs. They're also pants shittingly terrifying.

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 10:23 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

CrayolaColours Wrote:They're also pants shittingly terrifying.
Not as much as a Bloodsucker.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-10-2010 10:47 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

while those may be "OH SHIT WHERE'D YOU COME FROM" Scary, this was. "What the FUCK is that thing?" Scary. It must've been the result of a REALLY bad fucking trip. The Bloodsucker may make you jump, but it's those fucking spiders that keep you up at night.

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 11:32 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Like ceiling spiders?

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
12-10-2010 11:42 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Yes, but they have human faces on their backs. They just drop down and bite you, and when they bite you, the screen gets EXTRA fuckin trippy and you can't see shit. I can't find a good video of it, because in all the videos, the LPer owns and dispatches of them quickly.

Oh shit, if they revive these guys for Alice: Madness Returns, I'm going to shit a literal brick. AUGH.

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 11:59 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Interesting. They sound like a cross between a Barnacle from Half-Life, a Hunter from L4D, and a Bloodsucker from Stalker.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
12-10-2010 01:19 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Yep, I can only imagine an improved graphics rendition of it. Watching the video, they don't look too scary, but god damn, the first playthrough it's like OH SHIT KEEL EET I'm holding off replaying Alice just because I don't like them. xD

They're kinda snakelike too. And they're fast, I want to know who came up with these motherfuckers.

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 01:38 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Oh, those, I really only found them annoying at worst.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
12-10-2010 01:51 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I had an... unpleasant... first experience. I ran and alerted them all at once, it was late, I was tired, the lights were off, and I was like "OSHITOSHITOSHITOSHITOSHI-" So, maybe that biased me.

The final boss, I was okay with, even though that was REALLY whacked out. xD

Have YOU read the Alice Casebook? It's fucking amazing. Do you know Alice gouged into the IRL equivalent of Tweedle Dee's cheek? ...With a fucking spoon? I still can't get over that. She did severe damage with a spoon. Then she went back into her coma.

"The orderlies learned an essential lesson in asylum protocol - never turn your back on a patient...no matter how docile she seems."

Faith o' Meter
12-10-2010 03:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  itt we are a srs bsns discussion about video games aaaaaaasd 4 2,546 04-18-2012 03:23 AM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  Video game hotline: Minecraft and other games thewake 11 7,177 08-02-2011 12:12 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath
  Next 25 Years of Video Games The Desert Fox 15 3,067 01-11-2011 06:54 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  The games forum lacks serious games... aaaaaaasd 17 4,354 03-24-2010 01:36 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  RTS games/MMORPG games aewanko 9 3,741 12-19-2008 11:28 AM
Last Post: arthasmenethil
  What annoys you in video games? Decoy 31 5,896 10-11-2008 10:39 AM
Last Post: PunchingYou
  What's the deal with video games? NiteRaidah 15 4,207 04-25-2008 04:56 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows