RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Sail for Boring Tales: Some Whines, Some Reflections
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Set Sail for Boring Tales: Some Whines, Some Reflections

Here we go, kids. Settle down now, for Papa Maelstrom is gonna tell you how his mundane existence transpires. Let's hope that this doesn't get derailed, as it usually does.

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 01:08 PM by Mælstrom.)
01-25-2012 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: Maelstrom's Sexy Blog with Ghosts and Groovy Mysteries and Self Hate and.............

Well, I am so interested in this blog!!!!
01-25-2012 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Maelstrom's Sexy Blog with Ghosts and Groovy Mysteries and Self Hate and.............

This is groovy

No, this is Patrick.
01-25-2012 01:41 PM
TheWhiteRussian Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

but is it sexy? Wink

I am of nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common boy with common thoughts, and I have a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten.
01-25-2012 01:43 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Only time will tell

No, this is Patrick.
01-25-2012 01:44 PM
TheWhiteRussian Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

agreed

I am of nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common boy with common thoughts, and I have a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten.
01-25-2012 01:45 PM
Mælstrom Offline

As I mentioned a few days back, I got into a fight with the cretin that bullied me for years. Here's what transpired.

We met in a local park, with around seventeen kids coming to watch the fisticuffs go down. My bully taunted me for a few minutes, calling me
unintelligent names such as faggot, Nazi, cockmuncher, and faggot many more times. I told him how he had sown the seeds to his own destruction, and how his pathetic belittling of others was going to end, whether he wanted to or not. He's a boasting Neanderthal, so why can't I give him a taste of his own medicine?

After this verbose, we fought. He foolishly made the first move, which allowed me to dodge his haymakers, and uppercut him in the jaw. He got up quickly, and pushed me down a ditch, which was a mistake on my part. As he jumped onto me, I used momentum to kick him off, sending him into a frozen pond. The ice was thin, and the bastard started to show the onsets of hypothermia in only a few minutes (due to the wind chill of -22 F). The rest is a blur, except that I can remember getting my nose broken by hitting a metal pole.

As the miscreant was smugly boasting to his friends, adrenaline kicked in. I ran up to him, punched him in the solar plexus, and pummeled him. What little hits he gave me back I couldn't feel, and it was glorious. I left him alone, and told his friends and him that if they ever tried to fuck with me again, then they'd be lying in a puddle of their own blood. While I'm too weak and inexperienced to actually do something of that magnitude, the bluff made them run like hell. I think I got my message across.

01-25-2012 01:57 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Fucking awesome I wish I would so shit like that!

No, this is Patrick.
01-25-2012 02:00 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(01-25-2012 01:57 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  As I mentioned a few days back, I got into a fight with the cretin that bullied me for years. Here's what transpired.

We met in a local park, with around seventeen kids coming to watch the fisticuffs go down. My bully taunted me for a few minutes, calling me
unintelligent names such as faggot, Nazi, cockmuncher, and faggot many more times. I told him how he had sown the seeds to his own destruction, and how his pathetic belittling of others was going to end, whether he wanted to or not. He's a boasting Neanderthal, so why can't I give him a taste of his own medicine?

After this verbose, we fought. He foolishly made the first move, which allowed me to dodge his haymakers, and uppercut him in the jaw. He got up quickly, and pushed me down a ditch, which was a mistake on my part. As he jumped onto me, I used momentum to kick him off, sending him into a frozen pond. The ice was thin, and the bastard started to show the onsets of hypothermia in only a few minutes (due to the wind chill of -22 F). The rest is a blur, except that I can remember getting my nose broken by hitting a metal pole.

As the miscreant was smugly boasting to his friends, adrenaline kicked in. I ran up to him, punched him in the solar plexus, and pummeled him. What little hits he gave me back I couldn't feel, and it was glorious. I left him alone, and told his friends and him that if they ever tried to fuck with me again, then they'd be lying in a puddle of their own blood. While I'm too weak and inexperienced to actually do something of that magnitude, the bluff made them run like hell. I think I got my message across.
Fucking awesome. Good job Biggrin

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-25-2012 02:00 PM
Mælstrom Offline

The look on his face when I stared at him in the hallway was priceless. I won't start being a dick to him though, because doing that would just make me the same monster that he is. It seems that what I did has gained me some respect amongst my school, as no new rumour s about me being gay or sociopathic have arises recently. Thanks for the support.

01-25-2012 02:16 PM
Luizao876 Offline

Seriously, you have balls of steel and a very good experience in fighting. Wow, I wish I was you. Good job.
01-25-2012 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mælstrom Offline

Day #2

Had my math examination today, and I probably failed it, seeing as how I spent a total amount of 15 minutes studying for it xD. Oh well, I can always take an online course if I failed it. What a fucking waste of a semester. I lost my friends through their escapades in herd mentality and partying, and know I'm moaning about it for no reason whatsoever.

Have you ever visited the big cat exhibit at a zoo or menagerie, and seen how the tigers relentlessly pace back and forth? That's how I've felt, ever since the isolation started. When the only company you have is the evil part of your conscience, you start to go a little looney.

What was once a vibrant relationship with my parents has turned into a rotting husk. They don't really know me, and the only thing they can think to talk about is school! Never, want to go fishing, son? or " I love you"?

Yet again, I probably cause most of these problems by my own stupidity and arrogance. I just don't know what to do anymore. Sorry for the toxic post, I'll try to keep the emofest at a standstill for now. Good night.

01-26-2012 02:16 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Day #3

Alot happened, thanks to the mood swings and anxiety returning. We had a two hour examination for American History from 6-8 A.M. this morning. Being in the half-asleep state I was in, I hit a deer when driving today. The exam was easy, and then I went to my friends' house. We hotboxed the basement, and watched Mary Kate and Ashley Save Christmas. I came home, got yelled at by my dad, and threw up. Don't expect much more changes in the material of the updates- my life is as dry as the Kalahari Desert.G'night.

01-27-2012 02:29 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

You lucky bitch I want to drive places and hit deer and shit

No, this is Patrick.
01-27-2012 02:31 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Oh yeah, one more pointless update: I'm losing most of the motivation I have left in me. Introducing the new night fartist, Maelstrom!

01-27-2012 02:33 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Motivation is not necessary.

No, this is Patrick.
01-27-2012 02:34 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

You have Diablo II or Minecraft? Deus Ex?

01-27-2012 03:28 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Minecraft Smile

01-27-2012 10:23 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Time for another post, seeing as how we had a slow day on here. I finally kissed a girl today, and I've got to tell you, after years of loneliness, it feels great. Just to know that you have someone who accepts you for not only the positives, but also the negatives, is amazing.

Me and Danielle hotboxed my basement, played Skyrim, and watched the stars and the
galaxy arise from their daytime slumber. Beats
spending dinner with my uptight parents and
racist grandmother, that's for sure.

I also learned how to play Echoes by Pink Floyd on my bass today.

01-30-2012 02:27 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Over the past few days, I've recruited a new member for SS, my girlfriend, Danielle. Me and her have really gotten to know each other over the past five months, and are so alike that it's insane.

We've talked it over, and it's been decided that we're going to run away together, to San Francisco. She's the only person who's ever given me a chance, and I'm infatuated with her, as you can probably tell.

The next semester starts tomorrow, but I don't care. Come May, and the dismal, grotesque streets of Saint Catharines will be long gone from our eyes. I probably failed one of my courses, and will grow insane of the ramblings of my drone-like peers, but there is an escape, finally.

Man, does that sound pretentious, or what xD?

02-01-2012 02:04 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

(01-27-2012 10:23 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Minecraft Smile

Hell, I could host a minecraft server tomorrow. Wanna play?

Echoes is awesome... also, good luck with San Francisco. Your girlfriend seems pretty cool, lol, to say the least.

02-01-2012 02:08 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Sure, what's the IP?

02-01-2012 02:19 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

I guess we could play now
and no I'm not telling you all that openly, check your PMs in a sec

02-01-2012 02:35 PM
Mælstrom Offline

Well, that's it. I've stopped seeing reason, I am having a breakdown. Fuck this, fuck everything. I'm done. Goodbye, and keep resisting.

So, before the bastard troll who loves the lower case comes in, does anyone have any questions? Of course you don't, seeing as how I'm a cynical, whiny bore! Arrrrghhh.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 08:15 AM by Mælstrom.)
02-02-2012 08:04 AM
Mælstrom Offline

The bridge is up ahead. It won't be long until the moment comes.

02-02-2012 08:59 AM
Luizao876 Offline

(02-02-2012 08:59 AM)Maelstrom Wrote:  The bridge is up ahead. It won't be long until the moment comes.

Ah shit. AH SHIT.

If you gonna kill yourself, REALLY kill yourself, please, just do it. DON'T BE FAGIX.

Seriously, just try to find a hobby you like. And what about the girl you kissed? Spend time with her.

But, if you keep posting about killing yourself, and you don't do it, I just gonna say "fuck off".
02-02-2012 09:06 AM
Mælstrom Offline

RE: Bridge Jumping and Existential Angst with Eric the Pretentious Twat

Danielle dumped me for my ex-friend, I'm failing everything in school, and I realized earlier on that no matter how hard I try in life, I'll always end up fucking everything over. I'm sorry to subject you to this Luiz, and if any of the mods are watching, it's understandable if you ban me.

02-02-2012 09:12 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

what the fuck
can you please stop being so fucking irrationally and excessively self loathing?
I don't see how you're pretentious; you seem like exactly the opposite...

Danielle seems like a bitch now.

02-02-2012 10:37 AM
Mælstrom Offline

The self loathing is a vestigial part of my personality that I gained from being bullied a few years back. Though the taunting ceased over three years ago, my mind has changed to the point where my mind grew a second, self-hating personality.

02-02-2012 10:45 AM
Mælstrom Offline

Bridge Jumping and Existential Angst with Eric the Pretentious Twat

Well, I'm back ONCE more, though this isn't a safe haven from criticism. On Scholastic Dementia, I started a simplistic thread, one talking about the positive and negative aspects of our society. As was to be expected, Wes arrived, and gave some well-versed rebuttals to all of my negative criticisms, which were understandable. In fear over being proved wrong, I wrote an incomprehensible reply of ALLCAPS, insulting many important old members and doing the self-loathing thing that I always do.

Since quite a few of you guys are still on this site, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for what I did, even though that I have a long period of false pretences and broken promises. I guess.... I don't know. It's not easy for anyone when they're basic moral beliefs are rocked to the core, and swept away like dirt. This isn't to fall into the traps of self-pity. Maybe I'll go back to SD, or even stay here for a while, if you guys take me in. If not, it's perfectly understandable.

In other news, it's been nearly a year since I joined this site, with my annual date of registration occurring on the date of the winter solstice. When I first learned of the conspiracy theories in 2006, I was obsessed, believing in things ranging from the Rapture occurring, to the "reptilians" and Illuminati attacking, to Nibiru colliding with the earth, and everything turning to ashes once more. Now that I'm older, I know that such occurrences will surely not happen, but that old longing for a fresh renewal still subtly lingers. It isn't fair, wishing for everything to be wiped out so that I can live in a lawless, Fallout wasteland, brushing off all of the pain and responsibilities of my old life. Just because my life is boring doesn't justify blotting out the happiness of billions of people, and most of the things that ail me can easily be conquered with motivation, perseverance, and hard work.

Until the next sporadic posting, thanks for reading, whoever you may be.

12-17-2012 01:06 PM