RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't take it anymore
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
I can't take it anymore

I shouldn't even have to explain. I'm sure someone knows what I mean. I mean, it isn't like I'm trying to be ungrateful. I lose this whole competition of deserving sympathy and am subject to burning at the stake if I complain about my life. I get that. But what I'm saying is, I'd rather not be here at all. Not die. I mean sure, every once and a while I swear I feel like dying. Sure I do. Everyone does. But it's too much work, you know what I'm saying? Everything is so much work. I mean if you really think about it, it is. If you just ignore it, well, I guess that's the only way to make a door appear. That's when I have days like this. You know, after a holistic 20 minutes of sleep you have your work done and all but you can't go to school. You just can't. You just don't feel right for it. That's what I wish I could do. Hide under my covers every damn day there is school, or anything, really. You ever have a moment like today? Where you don't know what you're going to do, so you just stop giving a damn about who you are or the future or anything and lay in bed and then all you can turn to is wishing for time to stop, but it doesn't of course, and your desperate moment expires, and the day is gone, and you have to head back the next day like god damn clockwork and reconcile the whole situation with people who have stop their own god damn clocks every time you do something and you have to somehow compensate. And it isn't life, either. It's people. But it may just as damn well be life or death because it's just as inescapable. I know people think it is life. Oh, sure I do. Talking about winners and losers, and all, and about how life is hard and you must face it for the sake of doing so, all that stuff gym teachers say from their lawn chairs when freshmen are coughing up blood and all. Or those damn soapboxes I have to listen to in Debate, my teacher thinks he's a real hotshot because he used to be a mediator even though he's about further right than anyone in GOP. About how he wasn't thinking clearly in high school, and all, because the back of his brain was disconnected from the rest of it, which isn't true, the stupid pedant meant the frontal lobe of the pre-frontal cortex doesn't fully connect until eighteen, but it doesn't even mattter, it's not even about that. Day after day, listening to them all talk like they're writing it up for an article. English is almost as bad. I hate reading, but I have to for school. I hate writers. They must be the most conceited people in the world. I'm not kidding. That what they say, what they actually say, on a day to day basis is so god damn interesting it needs to be written down so everyone can read it. I'm surprised no one bottles their own farts while they're at it. And all those pretentious fucks who think they're monarchs because they own a thesaurus. God, I can't stand it. So I stay home. I need my days off, I really do. Don't think I don't work though. I help file criminal appeals, I don't get paid but it's what I'm here to do. I love my job and I hate this fake corporate crap. The thing is, though, I mean the reason why I'm writing this is because they don't even let me stop there. God damn high school threatened to serve me with a subpoena for truancy, because I had thirteen absences and all. You should have seen the slag who talked to me. She looked like an ogre, and knew about nothing. She made a trite attempt at her appearance, though. But she was an ogre. And that's all office staff is. Female ogres who trample over students. You should have seen her when she declared she had to confiscate some kid's headphones. That fat-assed ogre. All beaming with pride. Damn. To think they want to kick me out. I have a 3.8 grade point, too. I worked hard, on my homework and all. And it isn't even academics. They keep putting me in programs to "help with social transitions" and all. Do they ever do that to you? Spend too much time on work and you aren't "friendly" enough. I remember in fifth grade one of the slags who taught me wrote all over my report card how I didn't have any friends and all. And then another slag at that school kept trying to diagnose me with Asperger's because I still didn't make any friends. I get disgusted thinking about it, to be honest. Ever have days like those? To be honest I'm about ready to make the whole campus and everyone in it go boom. But I'd rather drop out first. What about you? What are you gonna do? Don't you just hate it?
01-20-2012 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: I can't take it anymore

Every. Fucking. Day. Trust me a lot of us on this site know exactly what you're going through and it's complete bullshit what they do to us.

No, this is Patrick.
01-20-2012 01:31 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

I go through the same shit every day, waking up and going through the same fucking rotine every day. Just try and find SOMETHING that brings you enjoyment and do it as much as possible no matter what it is.
01-20-2012 01:33 PM
cuttlefishCuller Offline
#1 Homestuck Spambot

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

You seem to be a pretty introverted person! You probably need to take some time to be by yourself and recharge your energy, instead of burning it out completely with constant social interaction.

Just do have some time to be alone.

(01-21-2012 10:42 PM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  homestuck more like homeSUCK
01-20-2012 01:35 PM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

You just single-handedly summed up my entire opinion about school. I especially enjoyed your description about the female office workers being ogresses Smile.Our "head librarian" has no official authority over any of the students, and yet she'll nag and nag at you if you wear a fucking sweater in the freezing hallways (because of the "important " uniform guidelines ).

In continuation of my rant, I also 100% agree hhhwith you on what you said about English jclass. I believe that it's a persons decision on how they want to speak or write a language as long as it's understandable, but when the middle-aged skeever corrects me on one spelling mistake or how I write with that smug face of hers, it makes me want to go Columbine. If the class is supposed to foster creativity and independent thought, then why do we have to read from a list of authors they find important, or get failed when we write OUT OF THEIR FUCKING CLOSE-MINDED GUIDELINES!?

Everyone but my two real friends think I'm an idiot because of my low homework completion or average score, but did they ever consider how I get so damn bored of the subjects that I can't find any motivation to complete them in the first place?!

Sorry for raging, it's good to let it out.

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
01-20-2012 01:48 PM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I remember this part of my realization that school is hell in a nutshell. Except my GPA is definitely nowhere close to a 3.8. I still get mad. Really mad. If I'm feeling really strongly against school I could type up a rant 10x longer than this.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
01-20-2012 01:50 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

DIDNT READ LOL; dont let life get you down fuck bitches get money or fuck dudes if thats your preference
01-20-2012 01:52 PM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I know you're kidding, but I hate that fucking phrase so much, because quite a few wiggers treat it as a true philosophy.

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
01-20-2012 01:59 PM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I hear you. I don't know if it helps but once I left high school and started community college, I found it was a huge breath of fresh air. Maybe I just got lucky, but I had fairly down-to-earth teachers through my first semester and laid-back peers, most of which were much older than me but a better amount were so much more mature and easy to talk to. Chose classes that I wanted to take, and got some money from FASFA to help pay for classes. Had no school on Tuesdays or Fridays, which was a massive relief too. If you have a local CC that has a fairly good reputation, look into it. It sucks waiting to get out of high school, but once you do, it's the best feeling ever (or at least it was for me).

I used to just take days off back in high school too because sometimes it would just be too much for me. All that shit work that would be piled on and on from teachers who barely understood their own subject they were teaching, the massive amounts of drama and stupid rumors/accusations among students, the sheep mentality, doing some shit and making myself look like a fool, and my brain replaying it over and over in my head, just plain having a shitty day with little sleep, etc.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 03:06 PM by Wingless.)
01-20-2012 03:00 PM
MsMailbawx Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I miss school at least once a week because it depresses me so much. The problem with this is that when I don't go to school I miss so much and then stress myself out scrambling to collect homework and worry about my grades.....and then I feel like I need another day off. It's just a viscous cycle...and I feel like such a loser compared to my parents who work hard every damn day while I stay at home and sulk. I want to go back in time to when I was little and friends were real and macaroni necklaces earned you an A +. I feel you, I really do. Hey, at least you have a good GPA....mines 2.5.....and it's not because I'm dumb, it's because I just physically can't bring myself to attend school somedays and miss too much work and basically drown in it. Ugh, best of luck to you.
01-24-2012 01:36 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I wish I could miss school once a week, but the school threatens my dad with jail time so he threatens me with all kind of shit. Every morning when I wake up I consider breaking my wrist or something so I won't have to go...I can't just pretend to puke and get to stay home anymore

No, this is Patrick.
01-24-2012 02:41 PM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I have that exact same experience. It's weird. I used to feel alone and all. Like everyone was excited about going and seeing their friends and getting some sort of academic ego trip at the expense of their free will except me I was just lazy. How could I though, when school's the same? I'm at least glad for that.
01-24-2012 03:24 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I either sleep in school, or work on my own projects. Fucking teachers disturb the concentration though. Uhm...I hope this won't be in my graduation toilet paper ( I don't care actually, but it would really be strange if they write "He had average to good grades, but he always slept throughout lessons." I am really excited what they write, last year they wrote "His working manner was rational").
I know what you are talking about, it burns yourself up from time to time, right? You are fucking down some days...It's hard to deal with such stress. A pain that it is expected by fucking morons.

btw, please put in paragraphs, it's easier to read.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-25-2012 02:33 AM