RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now we have to do work on snow days!
RedBird Offline
The Icon

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Now we have to do work on snow days!

Today I was told that our school is trying out a brand new thing called snowbound. No one else in the entire state is doing it we are the first to try it lucky us. So if there is a snow day we still have to do work. They send a packet home with us with work from every class that is related to what we are doing in class. This sucks Snow days are our free days. Also if we don't do the work we are counted as absent.

Quote:efs
It's better to suffer in the world with another person then it is to be alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01-13-2012 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Now we have to do work on snow days!

What is the world coming to...

No, this is Patrick.
01-13-2012 09:52 AM
RedBird Offline
The Icon

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

(01-13-2012 09:52 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  What is the world coming to...

I have no Idea but I don't want to see it. From the looks we may have a snow day tomorrow luckily snowbound is not in effect yet.

Quote:efs
It's better to suffer in the world with another person then it is to be alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01-13-2012 09:55 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

That's fucking retarded. I just wouldn't do it, like all my other homework :D
01-13-2012 10:44 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

At least it snows there...
but that still sucks, to lose some freedom over "trialing" a stupid idea.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-13-2012 10:49 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

It doesn't snow here either it just rains fucking swamp gas lol, we get hurricane days sometimes though.

No, this is Patrick.
01-13-2012 10:56 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

(01-13-2012 10:56 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  It doesn't snow here either it just rains fucking swamp gas lol, we get hurricane days sometimes though.

Melbourne weather: Day 1) Supah hot @ 42 degrees celcius.
Day 2) Hailing 5 inch iceblocks @ 10 degrees celcius.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-13-2012 11:02 AM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

It supposedly snowed over 5 metres of precipitation in Nome, Alaska a few days ago. We have the usual grey and brown,desert-like landscape with cold rains to look forward to in Southern Canada.

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
01-13-2012 11:06 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

LOL "snowdays"
Here in Florida we have hurricane days.
01-13-2012 03:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crimson Symbiosis Offline
Respectless Rubber Glove

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(01-13-2012 09:52 AM)RedBird Wrote:  This sucks Snow days are our free days. Also if we don't do the work we are counted as absent.

"Yea he was absent on a snow day". What the hell?

Also TC, seems like it'd be a little more eventful.

If people have to choose between freedom and sandwiches they will take sandwiches.
-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:
You can get of what you want with a kind of word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. – Al Capone

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. – Dom Helder Camara

A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for petty distinction. You must speak to the soul to electrify him. – Napoleon Bonaparte

01-14-2012 01:52 AM
bulgvar Offline
Gaysecks <3

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Four words: Your school is fucked.
01-14-2012 02:08 AM
Respectless Rubber Glove

That's like telling the slaves

"Yea you still have to help build the pyramids during your break"

If people have to choose between freedom and sandwiches they will take sandwiches.
-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:
You can get of what you want with a kind of word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. – Al Capone

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. – Dom Helder Camara

A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for petty distinction. You must speak to the soul to electrify him. – Napoleon Bonaparte

01-14-2012 06:16 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(01-14-2012 06:16 AM)Crimson Symbiosis Wrote:  That's like telling the slaves

Except the pyramids were actually pretty damn cool. Calculus is not.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
01-14-2012 07:04 AM
Respectless Rubber Glove

(01-14-2012 07:04 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  

And to teachers homework is kinda cool. To the slaves the pyramids sucked.

-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:

01-14-2012 09:08 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

(01-14-2012 01:52 AM)Crimson Symbiosis Wrote:  Also TC, seems like it'd be a little more eventful.

Quite so. While my town has never taken a direct hit as long as I've been alive we have gotten plenty of residual wind and rain over the years
01-14-2012 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(01-14-2012 07:04 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  

You're wrong. Calculus is cool, but I don't give a shit about rhetorical modes or doing this stupid public presentation/speech/acted out thing for history. I'd rather pull an all-nighter doing math, not that I'd particularly enjoy it and I'd despise it if I didn't understand it. The Egyptians probably used some form of math for the pyramids.

/each to his own and all the shit is useful, not that you should be crammed with Calculus since apparently you don't like it nor are interested on it but that doesn't mean it's useless and it sucks. AFAIK you don't even have to take calculus in high school or college if you're going to study literary shit, lol.

Anyway, fuck doing extra shitty homework that's just been given to you to reach an abstract goal that isn't all that necessary (high school diploma). If school wasn't compulsory and there wasn't so much damn pressure on homework, maybe more in tests, then I guess it could be justified.

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2012 11:32 AM by LOON_ATTIC.)
01-14-2012 11:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Snow Day Today!! When do I ask her to be my Valentine? Jacob 15 6,259 02-19-2014 09:15 AM
Last Post: Symbol
  School's snow logic HawkbitAlpha 25 7,633 02-02-2014 11:18 AM
Last Post: Trar
  WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET A SNOW DAY TODAY! Godzillaman 16 5,511 04-28-2013 06:45 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Weekend, then family day, then possible snow day тωιѕтє∂ 2 2,144 02-19-2013 05:28 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  How stupid my school is when it comes to snow. Absnt 11 2,805 02-23-2010 08:17 PM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  Snow fun at all. aaaaaaasd 2 1,554 01-13-2010 05:44 AM
Last Post: Fire Elf
  Fuck the snow! AMomentOfClarity 9 3,640 01-12-2010 04:40 AM
Last Post: Loxor
  SNOW DAY!!!! CrayolaColours 26 4,655 01-11-2010 03:52 AM
Last Post: Night
  Fuck yeah, snow day Milk2Go 10 3,837 12-22-2008 05:10 AM
Last Post: Shagari
  Snow Day thewake 13 3,153 01-31-2008 08:04 AM
Last Post: amizon