RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian, French warships off Syria, Iran...
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)
Russian, French warships off Syria, Iran...

Russian aircraft carrier Admiral Kutznetsov in Syrian port
US, Russian French and British air and naval forces streamed to the Syrian and Iranian coasts over the weekend on guard for fresh developments at the two Middle East flashpoints.
The Russian carrier Admiral Kuznetsov anchored earlier than planned at Syria's Tartus port on the Mediterranean Sunday, Jan. 8, arriving together with the destroyer Admiral Chabanenko and frigate Yaroslav Mudry.
To counter this movement, France consigned an air defense destroyer Forbin to the waters off Tartus.
debkafile's military sources report a buildup in the last 48 hours of western naval forces opposite Iran in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea in readiness for Tehran to carry out its threat to close the Strait of Hormuz.
Britain has dispatched the HMS Daring, a Type 45 destroyer armed with new technology for shooting down missiles, to the Sea of Oman, due to arrive at the same time as the French Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier.
Our sources report too that Saturday, the giant RQ-4 Global Hawk UAV, took off from the USS Stenning aircraft carrier for surveillance over the coasts of Iran. The Stennis and its strike group are cruising in the Sea of Oman at the entrance to the Strait of Hormuz after Tehran announced it would not be allowed to cross through.
This was the first time the US has deployed unmanned aerial vehicles over Iran since its RQ-170 stealth drone was shot down by Iran on Dec. 4. It was also the first time the huge drone was ordered to take off from an aircraft carrier for a Broad Aerial Maritime Surveillance Mission (BAMS).
US military sources reported Monday, Jan. 9 that the Global Hawk's mission is "to monitor sea traffic off the Iranian coast and the Straits of Hormuz." The US Navy was ordered to maintain a watch on this traffic, another first, after Iranian Navy chief Adm. Habibollah Sayyari said in a televised broadcast Sunday night that the Strait of Hormuz was under full Iranian control and had been for years.
Also Sunday, Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the US Chiefs of Staff, warned in no uncertain terms that Iran has the ability to block the Strait of Hormuz “for a period of time.” He added in a CBS interview: “We’ve invested in capabilities to ensure that if that happens, we can defeat that.” Gen. Dempsey went on to emphasize: "Yes, they can block it. We've described that as an intolerable act and it's not just intolerable for us, it's intolerable to the world. But we would take action and reopen the straits."
Appearing on the same program, US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta warned of a quick, decisive and very tough American response to any Iranian attempt to close the Strait of Hormuz.
They both spoke a few hours after a spokesman for the Revolutionary Guards said the supreme Iranian leadership had ruled the Strait must be closed in the event of an oil embargo imposed on Iran by the European Union.
debkafile's military sources report the constant escalation of military tension around Iran and Syria in recent days as not just stemming from the rapid advances Iran is making toward production of a nuclear weapon, but from fears in the West and Israel that Tehran and Damascus are in step over their military plans for the Persian Gulf and Mediterranean sectors.
After the Admiral Kuznetsov docked in Tartus Sunday with much fanfare, the Syrian Navy commander Dawoud Rajha was received on the deck by a guard of honor of marines under a flyover of Russian Su-33 and Su-25 fighter-bombers. This was taken as a signal of Moscow's willingness to back the Assad regime up against any Western military intervention as well as a gesture of support for cooperation between Syria and Iran in their operational plans.
Sunday, the Iranian media issued divergent statements about the situation at Iran's underground uranium enrichment plant at Fordo, near Qom: In English, the site as described as going on stream soon, while the Farsi media reported it was already operational.
The head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization Fereydoun Abbasi Davani declared furthermore," …the Islamic Republic is capable of exporting services related to nuclear energy to other countries."
This statement showed that Tehran has no fear of raising the level of its threats to the West up to the point of offering to hand out its nuclear technology to other countries in a gesture of uncontrolled proliferation.

Comment- Oh boy, doomdays is coming for the world to see. Oh no.

ZZZ...
01-11-2012 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Russian, French warships off Syria, Iran...

WW III here we come.

Goingcrazy

Previously known as Derchin.
01-11-2012 10:53 AM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I hope it comes, I actually do.

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
01-11-2012 10:59 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

(01-11-2012 10:59 AM)Maelstrom Wrote:  I hope it comes, I actually do.

You're kidding me. I don't want it and neither billions of others do.

ZZZ...
01-11-2012 11:01 AM
Mælstrom Offline

It's just an idiotic, nearly derelict vision I sometimes have. It's borderline sociopathic, but I want an excuse to escape from my own pathetic life. Billions of people deserve to live life in the ways that bring pleasure and happiness to themselves and others, but I become a selfish whiny cunt in times of moodiness. I'll stop the melodramatic post now.

01-11-2012 11:05 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Update on the situation.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20120110/170695026.html

Russian naval task force, led by the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, has left the Syrian port of Tartus after a three-day visit, Russia’s Northern Fleet said in a statement on Tuesday.
The task force called on the Syrian port on Sunday amid ongoing bloody protests in Syria against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad. Some media reports said the visit of the Russian warships was a signal of Russia’s support for Assad’s regime but the Russian military denied any connections of the visit with the political situation in the country.
“The naval task force has completed its visit to the Syrian port of Tartus with the aim of replenishing [food and water] provisions. The warships left the Syrian territorial waters on Tuesday afternoon and continued on their route in accordance with their schedule,” the statement said.
Syria’s SANA news agency reported earlier that it viewed the visit of the Russian warships as a sign of solidarity with Syria saying that the country “highly respects Russia’s honorable stance in support of the Syrian people.”
The Russian Defense Ministry repeatedly stated that the purpose of the visit at the Syrian port was to replenish water and food supplies during the naval task force’s long-term training mission in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.
Russia maintains a Soviet-era naval maintenance site near Tartus and it is the country’s only military foothold in the Mediterranean. Moscow is planning to modernize the facility to accommodate large warships, including missile cruisers and even aircraft carriers after 2012.
---
But no signs about Iran...

Let see how this plays out. It affects everybody then again.

ZZZ...
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 11:07 AM by Reptorian.)
01-11-2012 11:07 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

No I agree with you maelstrom I would kinda like WW3 to happen. If I die, I die. If not, everything will change.

No, this is Patrick.
01-11-2012 11:19 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

[Image: az6tjn.jpg]

But I can't wait WW3 sounds cool.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-11-2012 05:31 PM
Crimson Symbiosis Offline
Respectless Rubber Glove

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(01-11-2012 05:31 PM)Efs Wrote:  But I can't wait WW3 sounds cool.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

If people have to choose between freedom and sandwiches they will take sandwiches.
-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:
You can get of what you want with a kind of word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. – Al Capone

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. – Dom Helder Camara

A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for petty distinction. You must speak to the soul to electrify him. – Napoleon Bonaparte

01-12-2012 11:54 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(01-12-2012 11:54 AM)Crimson Symbiosis Wrote:  

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I don't give a shit niggah.

01-12-2012 01:43 PM
Respectless Rubber Glove

(01-12-2012 01:43 PM)Efs Wrote:  

As long as you're sure.

If people have to choose between freedom and sandwiches they will take sandwiches.
-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:
You can get of what you want with a kind of word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. – Al Capone

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. – Dom Helder Camara

A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for petty distinction. You must speak to the soul to electrify him. – Napoleon Bonaparte

01-12-2012 10:14 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(01-12-2012 10:14 PM)Crimson Symbiosis Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 01:43 PM)Efs Wrote:  

As long as you're sure.
Not really, I'll probably be running my ass from the gunfire.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2012 08:24 AM by Efs.)
01-13-2012 08:24 AM
Mælstrom Offline

What you said about sticks and stones is probably true, except that there would be small amounts of guns, bombs and relics of our rat race society left in scattered bunkers. When you think about it, a new society formed after a nuclear war would probably be alot like the aristocracies of the medieval age, with those in possession of weapons and the books of today at the top of the hierarchical pyramid.

Looking at it now, while you could do anything you wanted after the war, you would have to survive the years of darkness that nuclear winter brings.

01-13-2012 08:33 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Its like fallout.
[Image: Fallout_3_cover_art.PNG]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
01-13-2012 08:34 AM
Mælstrom Offline

Or Metro 2033 Smile

01-13-2012 08:39 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

We all mutate but SS members have elite cell which mutates for the good of the organism thus granting us insane powers like extended jerk periods and self ass-wipe system in the rectum.

01-13-2012 08:43 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Fuck yes.

No, this is Patrick.
01-13-2012 09:25 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Super-mutant sized dicks.Laugh

01-13-2012 11:18 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

HUR DUR FALLOUT STYLE SITUATION LOL NO CIVILIZATION FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS

the apocalypse would be short lived but hell while it lasted. think fall of Rome type scenario. even in the wake of nuclear destruction life would go on, as long as we have the technology to simulate sunlight, humanity will march forward, and so will civilization. It would be a slow start, but there will always be someone who comes out on top in the wake of a power struggle.

If you survive, you will probably end up in a walled city ridden with plague, just like the dark ages. PEASANT LIFE SOUNDS SO FUCKING FUN DOESN'T IT GUYS?!

GUYS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
01-13-2012 11:31 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

(01-13-2012 11:31 AM)Jesusaurisrex Wrote:  HUR DUR FALLOUT STYLE SITUATION LOL NO CIVILIZATION FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS

the apocalypse would be short lived but hell while it lasted. think fall of Rome type scenario. even in the wake of nuclear destruction life would go on, as long as we have the technology to simulate sunlight, humanity will march forward, and so will civilization. It would be a slow start, but there will always be someone who comes out on top in the wake of a power struggle.

If you survive, you will probably end up in a walled city ridden with plague, just like the dark ages. PEASANT LIFE SOUNDS SO FUCKING FUN DOESN'T IT GUYS?!

GUYS?

We would still probably have vaccines though.

01-13-2012 11:44 AM
Mælstrom Offline

If it ever happens, I hope that the civilization doesn't make the same mistakes that ours did. Knowing human nature, that's probably wishful thinking.

01-13-2012 11:49 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Or we wait for space age technology. We all invest in one big spaceship full of SS members. And we can inhabit other planets and just go back to Earth to ressuply (if we don't have fuel, food, water etc).
And then one day we come back to Earth, and everyone is dead.

01-13-2012 11:54 AM
Respectless Rubber Glove

(01-13-2012 11:44 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  We would still probably have vaccines though.

Yes but I doubt the majority of them would be stored in fallout shelters, that's also saying thugs vying for power wouldn't give a go at stealing them.

Also there WOULD be roaming bands of raiders that would cut your throat for the extra rags on your back.

I'd also say bartering would be more prevalent as people would be looking for what THEY can get out of what they consider trash. So say, hammered sheets of metal will be more valuable currency. That'd actually be preferable since currency would be skewered as hell seeing as how each town would have their own coin/dollar.

Also welcome to ancient middle east, where every oasis will probably have blood spilled over it, and opportunists would claim ownership of water/food, and charge an arm and a leg for it.

-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:

01-13-2012 01:37 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

^^ Just like fallout.Razz

01-13-2012 01:49 PM
Respectless Rubber Glove

(01-13-2012 01:49 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  ^^ Just like fallout.Razz

Eh, pretty much except for the oasis part.

-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:

01-14-2012 01:07 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Save your bottlecaps folks.

01-14-2012 03:10 AM
Respectless Rubber Glove

(01-14-2012 03:10 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  Save your bottlecaps folks.

Again, people will be looking for a more direct route to what they want, so bartering will most likely be prevalent instead of currency.

-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:

01-14-2012 06:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Israel attacked Iran indirectly 4r4b7 6 2,194 11-20-2012 08:35 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Iran threatens attacks on US bases in event of war Reptorian 0 1,413 09-25-2012 04:04 PM
Last Post: Reptorian
  Iran's banks to be blocked from global banking system HeartofShadows 1 1,231 03-17-2012 10:10 AM
Last Post: iexist
  Russian Voter Turnout near 100% and all of them voted for Putin aaaaaaasd 11 5,441 12-10-2011 11:58 AM
Last Post: Efs
  Election in Iran aaaaaaasd 10 2,780 06-30-2009 02:18 PM
Last Post: jammoe
  Moral crackdown in Iran Propaganda Kid 6 4,627 12-14-2007 08:14 PM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Iran? R00t 2 1,238 01-31-2007 03:03 PM
Last Post: Guest