RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair dye rules
RammsteinFearFactory Offline
Celery Addict's metalhead friend

Given 33 thank(s) in 28 post(s)
Hair dye rules

I don't get it, it's hair dye for God's sake, not a permanent tattoo of a bad partner's name or dope or something.
01-07-2012 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: Hair dye rules

I would never dye my hair because I couldn't give less of a fuck how I look...but if you like dyeing you hair, more to power to you!! Fuck the haters!

No, this is Patrick.
01-07-2012 09:09 AM
 Thanks given by: magok
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Are you talking about in school? Like how they say you can't dye your hair "unnatural" colors? In my school, no one actually paid attention to that stupid rule. But, like, they said it was because "weird" hair is a distraction.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
01-07-2012 09:11 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Where is all this coming from.

Previously known as Derchin.
01-07-2012 09:11 AM

(01-07-2012 09:09 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  I would never dye my hair because I couldn't give less of a fuck how I look...but if you like dyeing you hair, more to power to you!! Fuck the haters!

I don't dye my hair.

(01-07-2012 09:11 AM)Derchin Wrote:  Where is all this coming from.

One of my internet friends wanted to dye their hair red, but school didn't let them.
01-07-2012 10:23 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Lol, my old school was strict on this. College = can go rainbow if you want.

I've got a friend who wants to dye my fringe pink. I wouldn't mind trying neon green though.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-07-2012 10:39 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Our school has restrictions on hairstyles. Not as strict as others, but at my school "extreme" hairstyles are forbidden...lol
It shouldn't even matter o.O

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-07-2012 11:18 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Our school has restrictions on hairstyles. Not as strict as others, but at my school "extreme" hairstyles are forbidden...lol

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-07-2012 11:18 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Had to cut my hair all the time in Venezuela. Some guy got pretty pissed that they wanted him to cut his hair and I supported him...

Supposedly in a school one of my friends goes to males can have mohawks but not long hair.

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 11:29 AM by LOON_ATTIC.)
01-07-2012 11:29 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

So I'm getting my fringe done neon green tomorrow, should be interesting.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-07-2012 11:40 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

(01-07-2012 09:11 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Are you talking about in school? Like how they say you can't dye your hair "unnatural" colors? In my school, no one actually paid attention to that stupid rule. But, like, they said it was because "weird" hair is a distraction.

How short sighted they are. Its only "weird" in the begining, nobodys gonna give a fuck later on. Whats with personal freedom? How stupid are they?Noo

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-07-2012 11:50 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(01-07-2012 11:50 AM)aCol Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 09:11 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Are you talking about in school? Like how they say you can't dye your hair "unnatural" colors? In my school, no one actually paid attention to that stupid rule. But, like, they said it was because "weird" hair is a distraction.

How short sighted they are. Its only "weird" in the begining, nobodys gonna give a fuck later on. Whats with personal freedom? How stupid are they?Noo

Yeah, there was a guy in my high school who had a mohawk and then he cut it off and that was a distraction.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
01-07-2012 01:07 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

(01-07-2012 11:40 AM)Elfy Wrote:  So I'm getting my fringe done neon green tomorrow, should be interesting.

That will be ah... crap you already said interesting.

My school when I was in 6th Grade was much more lenient. I loved it. It's where cruel bastards like me could prosper.

OT: One of my favorite memories, was the agenda passes. My school operates with 9 passes in the back of your agenda for each quarter, now what I picked up on, was that you could buy agendas in the office for $10. God that year was amazing. I pretty much never had a shortage of customers, once kids figured they could just get more, they started getting looser with their passes.

There were two best parts, one when the office had a small... ah... shortage. They charged $10 for every agenda then, so I charged $20, business was down quite a bit, but the $5 increase in profit meant I could stock up on them, an agenda for every one sold, where as before it was every two sold. Amazing year. In 6th grade there was an underground market for the students, the teachers never found out, I ran a pretty good front, those were the days.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
01-07-2012 02:59 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

STUDENTS: OMG LOOK AT YOUR HAIR OMG I WONT DO MY WORK CAUSE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!O_O_O_O_O!

TEACHER: OMG WOULD YOU PLEASE NOT DYE YOUR HAIR GREEN IT IS TOO DISTRACTING.

(From School Boards' Mind)
01-09-2012 02:42 PM

(01-09-2012 02:42 PM)fish20 Wrote:  STUDENTS: OMG LOOK AT YOUR HAIR OMG I WONT DO MY WORK CAUSE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!O_O_O_O_O!

TEACHER: OMG WOULD YOU PLEASE NOT DYE YOUR HAIR GREEN IT IS TOO DISTRACTING.

(From School Boards' Mind)
01-10-2012 05:23 AM
geek Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

To be fair, when I dyed my hair blonde everyone in my class was like "OMG! Have you dyed your hair!!!"

No, it changes colour randomly -.-

But by lunch time no one really cared, teachers cant seem to realize after a day no one really give shit what some has done to their hair.

It is not like every day I still get people asking about my hair :/
01-10-2012 05:31 AM

(01-10-2012 05:31 AM)geek Wrote:  To be fair, when I dyed my hair blonde everyone in my class was like "OMG! Have you dyed your hair!!!"

But by lunch time no one really cared, teachers cant seem to realize after a day no one really give shit what some has done to their hair.

OMG DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR OR DID A UFO KIDNAP YOU AND PUT SOME CHEMICALS SO IT ILLUMINATERS A MYSTERIOUS SHINY BLONDE OMG THE CURIOSITY KILLS ME IT PUTS ME OFF WORK
01-10-2012 05:37 AM
geek Offline
Rebel

(01-10-2012 05:37 AM)Waterlootube97 Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 05:31 AM)geek Wrote:  To be fair, when I dyed my hair blonde everyone in my class was like "OMG! Have you dyed your hair!!!"

OMG DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR OR DID A UFO KIDNAP YOU AND PUT SOME CHEMICALS SO IT ILLUMINATERS A MYSTERIOUS SHINY BLONDE OMG THE CURIOSITY KILLS ME IT PUTS ME OFF WORK

2 days later...

OMG DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR... NO... YOU CUT IT..YOU ARE WEARING EXTENSION- SOMETHING HAS BEEN DONE TO YOUR HAIR! SORRY TEACHER I WILL NEVER WORK UNTIL I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT GEEK DID TO HER HAIR!!!
01-10-2012 08:21 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Ohh! You met hair dye rules, not like it rules the world, but the specific rules related to hair dye. I just got that.

No, this is Patrick.
01-11-2012 03:26 AM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

You can dye your hair freely in my school, and you can get whatever hairstyle you want. But, if it isn't a popular hairstyle or a strange colour of dye, prepare for a bollocking by the students and mocking comments by the teachers.
01-11-2012 04:41 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Mocking comments of the teachers aren't bad if you know to counter them - they can't mock you and then punish you if you give them a sarcastic answer.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-11-2012 06:16 AM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(01-07-2012 11:50 AM)aCol Wrote:  

Mostly it just refers to colors that you can't be born with, or can't actually grow, but we'll see what genetic engineering does to that. At some point.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
01-11-2012 06:44 AM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

(01-07-2012 11:18 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our school has restrictions on hairstyles. Not as strict as others, but at my school "extreme" hairstyles are forbidden...lol

In my school extreme hairstyles are forbidden too. Unnatural hair colours are also not allowed, but people don't care about this rule and teachers would only punish students for unnatural hair colours if they're in Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. Year 12's and Year 13's aren't allowed to have unnatural hair colours either, but for some reason they don't get punished.

doge
02-03-2017 02:02 AM
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

Given 69 thank(s) in 40 post(s)
Hair dye rules

In my middle school one of my friends was told they had to ndye their hair and said ok, then never did it and they didnt notice.
In that middle school, unnatural hair colors weren't allowed but that was never enforced
In my high school it's allowed

well would you look at the time its time to gay
02-03-2017 09:38 AM
The Unleasher Offline
Defiant

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Hair dye rules

I'm personally happy with my natural hair colour and I find no need to change it. People can dye it if they want. It's just if they dye it some extreme colour where I am, they're assumed to be some sort of SJW or goth.
02-09-2017 08:21 AM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)
Hair dye rules

I was born with "weird" hair; in a sea of black-haired kids, I stood out b/c my hair is naturally light brown. School didn't make much of a fuss over it, apart from the "Is that your natural hair color?" questions at the start of every year.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
02-09-2017 04:56 PM
magok Offline
Defiant

Hair dye rules

why does anyone wants to look like cotton candy anyway ?

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/0...y-580v.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JKlzGIsCO2g/hqdefault.jpg
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 02:43 AM by magok.)
02-12-2017 09:38 PM
The man Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 104 thank(s) in 92 post(s)

(02-12-2017 09:38 PM)magok Wrote:  why does anyone wants to look like cotton candy anyway ?

Do you really care?
02-19-2017 01:51 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

I feel like people with purposely different hair are a tad more likely to be cool to talk to.

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
02-19-2017 02:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)
Hair dye rules

IMO it's another way to exercise control and dominance over young people; just like uniforms, cell phone rules and so on. A reasonable dress code can be useful, or even beneficial, but school rules are rarely reasonable.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
03-14-2017 02:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unnecessary Hair Rules Pieman 42 11,542 02-08-2009 01:44 PM
Last Post: Jen