RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Forced to be With People
Tofu Girl Offline
スキ!

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: Being Forced to be With People

(12-22-2011 11:35 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  I want an alone day every day. I hate people, and I have to see 2000 of the stupid fuckers every day. School is bullshit, something should be done about this but no one gives a fuck, and even if they did they couldn't do anything.

I agree with you.
01-09-2012 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geek Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

(01-09-2012 01:45 PM)dirtbikemike204 Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 02:01 PM)geek Wrote:  The most annoying and stressful part of my day is if I have any time of sweets or drink in my locker I get surrounded with people.
"Can I have some! Pleeeeease! pleease!! Why not I said please! Jeez what a bitch."

Just because I want to actually eat my packet of crisp that I paid for suddenly I'm a bitch????

People just confuse me.

This happened to me after our football coach told us to start bringing stuff to drink/eat. They would try to steal it too. Out of football assholes, if I'm in school and I have food and I say no to everyone there will be that one asshole that grabs the bag, container, or drink the food or liquid is in which makes it fall on the floor, spill, ect.

People need to grow up! Too bad everyone around them has influenced them. If a teacher were to ask me if my parents raised me in a way that promotes [insert mindless stupid action here], I would have to answer "No, these idiots around me did." and actually I could predict this whole conversation...

Ignorant Teacher: "Did your parents raise you in a way to promote [insert mindless stupid action here]"
Me: "No, these idiots around me did."
Ignorant Teacher: "How? You spend time with your parents, don't you?"
Me: "No, I've been forced to come here and be influence by everyone here since I was 5."
Teacher: "Well you have to come here."
Me: "Then how am I supposed to be raised by my parents instead of influenced by a pack of wild monkeys?"
Teacher: "MONKEYS!?"
Me: "Wait did I say monkeys? I mean't the people at this school."
Teacher: "These people are not monkeys, they are intelligent human beings!"
Me: "Then why did I become influenced to [insert mindless stupid action that was mentioned earlier here]?"
Teacher: "..."
Me: "Can I go now?"

That happened to me the other day! I had a packet of jelly babies and I was sharing them with FRIENDS people who give me food. Then this one guy who is a complete dickhead comes over and asks for one I say no then he just shoves his hand into the bag I try to pull away and he just yanks it and rips the back open all over the floor!!! I was just like "There have your fucking jelly babies! Eat of the floor you fat pig." I still hate him and I will keep hating him till he buys me a packet of jelly babies.

I have 2 siiblings, one of them I like, the other I hate. Luckily the other has moved out but everytime we go see her I try to find a way out and my mum will be like "She is your SISTER! You would rather be home alone then go see your SISTER."

Just because she is my sister doesnt mean I want to spend time with her or see her. :/

It is being forced to spend time with someone I hate. I like her fiance though, he is awesome.
01-10-2012 08:36 AM
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Yes, well, I had this problem...and I think it's because I'm an introvert. I HATE being around bunch of people. I feel good in one-on-one relationships or in small groups, but I feel SO uncomfortable in large groups. When I was a kid I used to cry when I was left alone with a lot of people. In school I didn't cry, but I withdraw. I just couldn't speak with other people in my class. I don't know why, I was just so overwhelmed by so many people. That's why I was always labeled as weird and "the one who doesn't speak". Now, when I'm older I learned to control it but it took me a lot to manage that.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 09:41 PM by Lil'Orange.)
01-10-2012 09:28 PM