RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] what kind of life would you like to live?
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)
[split] what kind of life would you like to live?

*WARNING! MY POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO LOTS OF PEOPLE*
God can suck my dick.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-26-2011 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: what kind of life would you like to live?

(12-26-2011 01:43 PM)Efs Wrote:  *WARNING! MY POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO LOTS OF PEOPLE*
God can suck my dick.
I suppose, technically, he is sucking all dicks, all the time. He is everywhere, after all.

"I have been allotted months of futility,
and nights of misery have been assigned to me.
When I lie down I think, ‘How long before I get up?’
The night drags on, and I toss and turn until dawn." Job 7:3-4

Both of my parents are teachers. My body is bound, but my mind is free.
12-26-2011 01:48 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(12-26-2011 01:48 PM)Story and Myth Wrote:  
(12-26-2011 01:43 PM)Efs Wrote:  *WARNING! MY POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO LOTS OF PEOPLE*
God can suck my dick.
I suppose, technically, he is sucking all dicks, all the time. He is everywhere, after all.

Haha you got me there.
But if this abrahamic God did exist, then I wouldn't care about him. He created the world, but he also created the worlds problems. To be honest, he sounds like a complete douche that I just want to turkey slap.

12-26-2011 01:53 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-26-2011 01:53 PM)Efs Wrote:  
God can suck my dick.

Haha you got me there.
But if this abrahamic God did exist, then I wouldn't care about him. He created the world, but he also created the worlds problems. To be honest, he sounds like a complete douche that I just want to turkey slap.

Duh, He created the problems (actually that wasn't Him, that was Satan, but I think you're going for transitive guilt here) but He also has the solution. He's just giving us a chance to solve them on our own. It's like telling a little kid "ok, fine, you can assemble your new Christmas toy yourself" and then stepping back and watching as they make a complete mess of it, then jumping back in to save the day when the kid finally turns around and asks for help. I mean, come on, if God just showed up out of the blue and offered to help humankind, how many people would accept? Especially since the way He plans to fix it probably won't make sense to us.
As for him being a douche- He probably has at some point. (everywhere, remember?) And feel free to turkey slap the nearest Wall because of that. But regardless of whether or not you like Him, He made the world, He probably knows how it works better than any of us, and I think He has a better plan for fixing it than we could come up with on our own.
That's just my opinion, though, and I understand if you feel differently- you've probably had different experiences with Him than I have.

12-26-2011 02:06 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(12-26-2011 02:06 PM)Story and Myth Wrote:  
(12-26-2011 01:53 PM)Efs Wrote:  
God can suck my dick.

Haha you got me there.

Duh, He created the problems (actually that wasn't Him, that was Satan, but I think you're going for transitive guilt here) but He also has the solution. He's just giving us a chance to solve them on our own. It's like telling a little kid "ok, fine, you can assemble your new Christmas toy yourself" and then stepping back and watching as they make a complete mess of it, then jumping back in to save the day when the kid finally turns around and asks for help. I mean, come on, if God just showed up out of the blue and offered to help humankind, how many people would accept? Especially since the way He plans to fix it probably won't make sense to us.
As for him being a douche- He probably has at some point. (everywhere, remember?) And feel free to turkey slap the nearest Wall because of that. But regardless of whether or not you like Him, He made the world, He probably knows how it works better than any of us, and I think He has a better plan for fixing it than we could come up with on our own.
That's just my opinion, though, and I understand if you feel differently- you've probably had different experiences with Him than I have.

The problems other people create are not my problem. So it's stupid when you say "We created the problems." No don't include me in this fuckfest I don't want to be a part of. God probably doesn't exist. And if does, he's an asshole. Why does he have to test us? He can fuck himself.

12-26-2011 03:04 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-26-2011 03:04 PM)Efs Wrote:  The problems other people create are not my problem. So it's stupid when you say "We created the problems." No don't include me in this fuckfest I don't want to be a part of. God probably doesn't exist. And if does, he's an asshole. Why does he have to test us? He can fuck himself.

Fine, don't include yourself with the rest of humanity. You are your own unique little snowflake that has never harmed a fly. I'm going to ignore your outburst and focus on your question.
Quote: Why does he have to test us?

Because He wants to know who the good people are and who the bad people are. He doesn't want to be stuck in Heaven with people who are mean, He wants the people who He can trust to follow His instructions.

12-26-2011 03:14 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(12-26-2011 03:14 PM)Story and Myth Wrote:  Because He wants to know who the good people are and who the bad people are. He doesn't want to be stuck in Heaven with people who are mean, He wants the people who He can trust to follow His instructions.

But isn't he "all-knowing"?

12-26-2011 03:17 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-26-2011 03:17 PM)Efs Wrote:  
(12-26-2011 03:14 PM)Story and Myth Wrote:  Because He wants to know who the good people are and who the bad people are. He doesn't want to be stuck in Heaven with people who are mean, He wants the people who He can trust to follow His instructions.

But isn't he "all-knowing"?

Yeah- that's where the whole "free will" paradox comes in. He knows what we're going to do, but He still wants to give us the chance to do it. The big debate about free will has been raging for centuries though, and I haven't found any satisfactory answer. The closest I've come is that God could, in His mind, play out all of Earth's history and just punish or reward people accordingly, but then we'd have no idea why we were being punished or rewarded. Since our circumstances and choices change us somewhat, He wants us to go through all of it.
That's not a good answer, though, and if you have a better one I'd like to hear it.

12-26-2011 03:25 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Dammit a good thread ruined by religion war.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-26-2011 04:30 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(12-26-2011 04:30 PM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  Dammit a good thread ruined by religion war.

*blatantly copies

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-26-2011 04:40 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

My butt clenches every time I see another christ-faggot posting on SS. I know this just isn't going to end well.
12-27-2011 05:50 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(12-27-2011 05:50 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  My butt clenches every time I see another christ-faggot posting on SS. I know this just isn't going to end well.
But Ayliana aren't you the christ-faggotiest of them all?

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
12-27-2011 06:05 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

(12-27-2011 05:50 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  My butt clenches every time I see another christ-faggot posting on SS. I know this just isn't going to end well.

Pics or it didn't happen
And my life I just want to do whatever I want whenever I want.
12-27-2011 06:17 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Ayliana for SS's best christfag

12-27-2011 07:05 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

(12-27-2011 06:05 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  

Yes, and if you've noticed, most times I try to stay as far away from these threads as possible. I just doesn't go well on these forums.
12-27-2011 10:57 AM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-27-2011 10:57 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  
(12-27-2011 06:05 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  

Yes, and if you've noticed, most times I try to stay as far away from these threads as possible. I just doesn't go well on these forums.

Wait a minute you're a Christian too?
I'm sorry I've drawn you out of your safe place. I didn't realize SS was so hostile.

12-27-2011 11:43 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Don't worry, it's not the first to time I've been dragged into the fray. Just keep in mind that most people here are anti-authoritarian. The idea of anyone let alone a god telling them what to do or how to live chafes them.
12-27-2011 12:01 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-27-2011 12:01 PM)Ayliana Wrote:  Don't worry, it's not the first to time I've been dragged into the fray. Just keep in mind that most people here are anti-authoritarian. The idea of anyone let alone a god telling them what to do or how to live chafes them.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future. I did want a lively debate about the Bible, but this is a bit too much for me to handle. I guess I'll have to grow as a Christian elsewhere. Scratchchin

12-27-2011 12:12 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(12-27-2011 12:12 PM)Story and Myth Wrote:  
(12-27-2011 12:01 PM)Ayliana Wrote:  Don't worry, it's not the first to time I've been dragged into the fray. Just keep in mind that most people here are anti-authoritarian. The idea of anyone let alone a god telling them what to do or how to live chafes them.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future. I did want a lively debate about the Bible, but this is a bit too much for me to handle. I guess I'll have to grow as a Christian elsewhere. Scratchchin

Religion has fucked many of us here in the ass. Not only it's teachings but the fact that it was forced on us. We come here to get away from it.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-27-2011 12:18 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-27-2011 12:18 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Religion has fucked many of us here in the ass. Not only it's teachings but the fact that it was forced on us. We come here to get away from it.

I'm sorry- I thought the site's hatred was directed at the evils of the school system, not every authority everywhere.
Kind of a n00bish mistake, in retrospect. I'll try to keep my Biblical opinions to myself unless a thread is specifically about it.

12-27-2011 12:21 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

QFT, and I don't see that as a bad thing.

12-27-2011 02:04 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

ITT: Moralfags vs. fight the power fags.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-27-2011 02:15 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

(12-27-2011 02:15 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  ITT: Moralfags vs. fight the power fags.

So many fags! Goingcrazy

12-27-2011 02:25 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(12-27-2011 12:21 PM)Story and Myth Wrote:  
(12-27-2011 12:18 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Religion has fucked many of us here in the ass. Not only it's teachings but the fact that it was forced on us. We come here to get away from it.

I'm sorry- I thought the site's hatred was directed at the evils of the school system, not every authority everywhere.
Kind of a n00bish mistake, in retrospect. I'll try to keep my Biblical opinions to myself unless a thread is specifically about it.

You're still free to express your views. I stay away from religious debate because I was once a devout christian. No longer obviously, but I understand those who believe.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-27-2011 03:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] I mosdef luv ma life brainiac3397 9 4,082 10-01-2014 03:40 PM
Last Post: Gwedin
  mcampbell075 (split from 'God' and life.) HeartofShadows 11 1,917 08-18-2010 02:12 AM
Last Post: mcampbell075
  How many of you would rather live a simple life? thy 26 3,708 04-25-2008 05:11 AM
Last Post: liq3