RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. Send me a message if you'd like to keep in touch with me & Steve.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Have you ever been accused of being on drugs at school when you werent?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Time! (my dumb ass middle school)
Jak3kinner Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Story Time! (my dumb ass middle school)

I was in 8th grade, first period. I had gym first thing in the morning because my middle school craved the penis hard. We were playing basketball and I was just sitting there talking to this one girl, and then the teacher walked up to me. I assumed he was just goint to give me the usuall speach on how I "need to get my act together". But no, I was in for a very unwelcomed suprise.

The teacher walks up to me and asks me why im not doing anything (typical). I started to walk away and said "fine ill play". ( I said it like an asshole obviously). He then proceeds to grab my shoulder to turn me around and follows with "Look me in the eye when I talk to you!". I was having a shitty day already so I acted a bit irrationally by saying "what the fuck is your problem?" as I jerked my arm away. He screamed at me and told me to go to the office so I said "whatever bitch, im going home, im not in the mood for this shit".

And guess what? I went home. Of course a few minutes later the SRO came to my house and brought me back to school. But then they really slapped me in the face by accusing me of being on drugs and called my mom. The counselor had a big "drugs are bad" speech, and then they sent me home.

Thank god my mom didnt believe that shit so I wasnt grounded, but I was kicked out of my gym class, and got a week of OSS.

Not the best story but it kind of gives you an idea of how stupid my middle school was.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 07:22 AM by Jak3kinner.)
12-21-2011 07:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: Story Time! (my dumb ass middle school)

Every fuckin teacher out there think when kids are on bad days, they are using drugs.

Good luck in this shit.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 08:46 AM by Luizao876.)
12-21-2011 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

You actually have an SRO? Fuck that shit. Plus, yeah, I've been accused of being on drugs in school when i wasn't. And when I was, they didn't accuse me of shit, they just congratulated me for being a better student. O_o

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-21-2011 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thriller222 Offline
Freedom Fighter

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

My mom always used to think I was on drugs because my grades were bad. She always kept trying to find evidence, eye checks, pulse checks, etc. I'm glad she realized how irrational her thinking was, because I have never done drugs and probably never will, I just dont care for them.
12-21-2011 08:57 AM
Land Of The NotSoFree Offline
Rebuilding

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I liked this story lol.
Man I hate trauncy officers or whatever they're called in my state (New York). It's like, go save a fucking bank.
It's prison, man. It's prison.
12-21-2011 10:33 AM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Lol. I wear contacts and am often sleep-deprived from hours of studying, so I actually have been asked twice whether or not I'm on drugs. The last time someone asked me, I replied, "I have ingested toast, butter, a muffin, some orange juice, and some water within the past 12 hours or so. I have not come into contact with cannabis, methamphetamine, LSD, or cocaine. I'm also on my period. Is there anything else you'd like to know? Because if there isn't, I have an APUSH test next period." I then glared at him over my enormous Advanced Placement United States History textbook, and he backed away sheepishly. I've never been officially drug tested! Biggrin

"I have been allotted months of futility,
and nights of misery have been assigned to me.
When I lie down I think, ‘How long before I get up?’
The night drags on, and I toss and turn until dawn." Job 7:3-4

Both of my parents are teachers. My body is bound, but my mind is free.
12-21-2011 11:19 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

My friends think I'm on drugs sometimes because I come to school and I piss myself laughing the whole day for no reason.
But once a teacher thought my friend was on weed because he had that...look...and his eyes were red and stuff...lol

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-21-2011 05:54 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I used to go to my first period english class everyday laughing my ass off and having red eyes...the teacher was a bitch too, but she either didn't notice or didn't care. And one time I had to go to the office and listen to my parents and principal and the school cop tell me about how weed would ruin my life...why the school was involved in that, I have no idea. That was all in middle school, now I'm in high school and sleep in every class so they wouldn't know if I was high or not.

No, this is Patrick.
12-22-2011 11:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do you pass time in school? Depression101 13 401 05-04-2017 12:51 AM
Last Post: the Analogist
  A professor who knows school is dumb? the Analogist 32 1,665 05-01-2017 02:45 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Time to arrest students for skipping school/class, UnschoolShqiponjë 26 4,911 04-27-2017 06:27 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  My School's Anti-Free Time Policies KFC Nyan Cat 17 2,789 01-21-2017 08:39 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
Bug 'I'm writing a story where evil government discourages people from going to school' Jop 7 1,751 06-05-2016 08:37 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII
Rainbow My school survival story autisticdragonkin 3 1,131 04-18-2016 09:28 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Is middle school that different from high school? schoolsux 15 2,764 11-15-2015 04:42 PM
Last Post: no
  5 Dumb Things I Used to Think About School - A Teacher Turns on the Value of... SoulRiser 3 1,196 09-15-2015 09:06 AM
Last Post: Cianna200
Bug I think it's time for us to do something about the school system. rockstarjim22 25 4,667 07-28-2015 01:18 PM
Last Post: thesupremeanarchist
  Night's School Story Night 5 1,192 06-13-2015 09:09 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397