RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which presidental canidate fits you?
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
Which presidental canidate fits you?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/full...d=15177995

Quote:Your top candidate match is Barack Obama! Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman were runner-ups.

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2011 12:21 PM by Miller0700.)
12-20-2011 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
RE: Which presidental canidate fits you?

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a sadist but you know something is wrong in this country when gays are allowed to serve openly in the military.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-20-2011 12:23 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Obama was my first one, with Jon Huntsman (makes sense) and Rick Parry (lolwut) as the runner-ups.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-20-2011 06:20 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-20-2011 06:20 PM)The Desert Fox Wrote:  Obama was my first one, with Jon Huntsman (makes sense) and Rick Parry (lolwut) as the runner-ups.

haha don't be complaining about them gays serving openly in the military now.Laugh

image hosting jpg
12-20-2011 07:26 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Lolwut. I got John Huntsman, Barack, and Rick. Nope, nope, nope. That test blew ass. It didn't provide enough options so I had to pick shit I didn't agree with.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-20-2011 11:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-20-2011 11:25 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Lolwut. I got John Huntsman, Barack, and Rick. Nope, nope, nope. That test blew ass. It didn't provide enough options so I had to pick shit I didn't agree with.

Yeah this is why I didn't bother taking it.
All the money solving options were fucking retarded politician shit and won't work.

image hosting jpg
12-21-2011 02:56 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:Your top candidate match is Ron Paul!
Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry were runner-ups.

I agree with the Ron Paul part lol

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 04:09 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
12-21-2011 04:09 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Some of the questions didn't have choices I agreed with at all.
Fuck ron paul because he's against abortion, and he thinks the gubmint of each state has the "right" to make sex illegal.
Fuck michele bachmann because she's against same-sex marriage.
Bobama... eh. Fuck the government.

Your top candidate match is Barack Obama!
Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann were runner-ups.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
12-21-2011 04:22 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-21-2011 04:22 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Some of the questions didn't have choices I agreed with at all.
Fuck ron paul because he's against abortion, and he thinks the gubmint of each state has the "right" to make sex illegal.
Fuck michele bachmann because she's against same-sex marriage.
Bobama... eh. Fuck the government.

Your top candidate match is Barack Obama!
Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann were runner-ups.

Ron paul is fucking crazy(and not the good kind)
Medicare only for old people and young people too bad.
All the candidates suck ass as usual.

image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 04:56 AM by HeartofShadows.)
12-21-2011 04:56 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Ron Paul is all about "the constitution". Too bad the constitution is a piece of crap.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-21-2011 05:45 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-21-2011 05:45 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Ron Paul is all about "the constitution". Too bad the constitution is a piece of crap.

Yeah thomas Jefferson himself said that the dead shouldn't govern the living and that the constitution should be rewritten every 19 years to reflect the times better.

image hosting jpg
12-21-2011 06:10 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

Vote for Ron Paul, then they will most likely legalize ganja.

AmeriDumbskies.
12-21-2011 06:12 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

All of the economic recovery options were garbage, as HoS said. We're fucked if that's what the new president is going to try. I think, by far, the most important issue is economic recovery, then we can get back to bickering about the other political issues. Ron Paul seems like he knows how to fix the economy at least a little better than the other guys, and he's for getting rid of the department of education too. Which, hopefully, would reduce the amount of bullshit tests we have to take.

Course, that MIGHT end up fucking over the inner city schools even worse... If the states don't keep high standards for them. But still, our best bet at economic recovery is probably Mr. Paul, so I'm going with him... I don't agree with him on a lot of shit, but he'll do more good than the other guys.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 06:20 AM by Absnt.)
12-21-2011 06:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-21-2011 06:10 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(12-21-2011 05:45 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Ron Paul is all about "the constitution". Too bad the constitution is a piece of crap.

Yeah thomas Jefferson himself said that the dead shouldn't govern the living and that the constitution should be rewritten every 19 years to reflect the times better.

I had heard 20 years, but w/e. They talk about this even in the history classes but don't even address how it was never done. And how the constitution was just written by a handful of guys that were all like friends with eachother and just declared themselves rulers of the whole "country". It's sick, but people just act like it's normal. And then people "rebelled" eyeroll barf.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-21-2011 09:12 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Still, Ron Paul is the only non-coorporate bribed guy out there. He is the only one who is going to shrink the government a little bit and not make it bigger. Still I would rather have our government follow the original constitution instead of today's amended a bazillion times to give the government more power constitution. What other choices we got? Rick Perry or more Obama???

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-21-2011 12:52 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

^ The constitution was specifically designed to withstand time, to an extent. It was made to be amended, yes, and it has been multiple times, but I see no reason for it to be rewritten. It does it's job quite well. Plus, the founding fathers were by no means friends, and they barely even agreed with each other. It took them forever to compromise enough so that everyone would agree on any given situation.

Plus, everyone's always talking about what the "founding fathers" thought. The FOUNDING FATHERS WOULDN'T AGREE TO THAT. THE FOUNDING FATHERS WOULDN'T AGREE TO THIS! Which founding fathers? They never fucking agreed on anything. They all had different opinions. They argued like motherfuckers. It's not like they all came to a consensus all the time.

Blog I post to now:

12-21-2011 01:18 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

(12-21-2011 01:18 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  ^ The constitution was specifically designed to withstand time, to an extent. It was made to be amended, yes, and it has been multiple times, but I see no reason for it to be rewritten. It does it's job quite well. Plus, the founding fathers were by no means friends, and they barely even agreed with each other. It took them forever to compromise enough so that everyone would agree on any given situation.

Plus, everyone's always talking about what the "founding fathers" thought. The FOUNDING FATHERS WOULDN'T AGREE TO THAT. THE FOUNDING FATHERS WOULDN'T AGREE TO THIS! Which founding fathers? They never fucking agreed on anything. They all had different opinions. They argued like motherfuckers. It's not like they all came to a consensus all the time.

I not all of America's founders were all 100% freedom and all they are made out to be. John Adams was a supporter of the central banking system we all know and hate. He also passed the alien and sedition acts. He was Jefferson's arch rival.

12-21-2011 01:45 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Not to mention the whiskey tax incident and all of them being drug lords.

image hosting jpg
12-21-2011 01:56 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-21-2011 12:52 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Still, Ron Paul is the only non-coorporate bribed guy out there. He is the only one who is going to shrink the government a little bit and not make it bigger.

He wants to make abortion completely illegal. And he supports the "right" of, say, the gubmint of texas to arbitrarily say that you can't put a penis in your butt, or the other way around, or make dildos illegal or oral sex or any other kind of sex they don't like. "States' rights" is bullshit, the "state" is still just a handful of people controlling millions of other people and no one has a right to dictate what you do with your own body. But Ron Paul says the "state" gubmint has that "right". That since the constitution doesn't contain a "right to privacy", the gubmint can regulate every fucking thing you do.

That sounds like a big ass fucking increase in government to me.
(12-21-2011 01:18 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  ^ The constitution was specifically designed to withstand time, to an extent. It was made to be amended, yes, and it has been multiple times, but I see no reason for it to be rewritten.
Well, according to my government textbook, the doods who wrote the constitution recognized that society was fast-changing and that they could never account for what could come up in the future, so they meant for there to be a constitutional convention every 20 years or whatever.
Quote:It does it's job quite well. Plus, the founding fathers were by no means friends, and they barely even agreed with each other. It took them forever to compromise enough so that everyone would agree on any given situation.
Maybe they weren't "friends", but it's not like they were elected by the population to go to this constitutional thing. They just took it upon themselves to do it. There weren't any evil tyrants around, so they took the job.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 02:05 PM by Prince Rilian.)
12-21-2011 01:59 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

(12-21-2011 01:59 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  He wants to make abortion completely illegal. And he supports the "right" of, say, the gubmint of texas to arbitrarily say that you can't put a penis in your butt, or the other way around, or make dildos illegal or oral sex or any other kind of sex they don't like.

Wrong. Ever heard of the federalism vs. anti-federalism debate? Yeah, it's been going on since, I don't know, the 1700's? What Paul is arguing is that it is NOT the federal government's right to BAN gay marriage. In fact, it comes nowhere close to being a federal issue, so the president, the congress, and the judiciary should have no say in how it ends up at a federal level. He doesn't even think it's the states right, he thinks it should be up to the religious institutions, or the individuals. He also, thinks the government should be taken out of marriage entirely. Straight or gay. But if anyone's going to make that decision, it should be up to the states.

Also, what the hell are you talking about. He deals with marriage only, he doesn't give a single fuck what people do on their own time with each-other. There is NO way he would EVER support banning homosexuality. Here:

Watch on YouTube

Watch on YouTube

Quote: "States' rights" is bullshit, the "state" is still just a handful of people controlling millions of other people and no one has a right to dictate what you do with your own body. But Ron Paul says the "state" gubmint has that "right". That since the constitution doesn't contain a "right to privacy", the gubmint can regulate every fucking thing you do.

That sounds like a big ass fucking increase in government to me.

Again, the federalism vs. anti-federalism debate. State vs. federal government was created to limit and distribute government power. What paul is arguing is that it's the states job to handle this issue, not the federal government's.

Quote:Well, according to my government textbook, the doods who wrote the constitution recognized that society was fast-changing and that they could never account for what could come up in the future, so they meant for there to be a constitutional convention every 20 years or whatever.

I think I remember hearing about something similar to that, but I can't seem to find any proof of what you're saying. Also, even if they did say that, I still don't think we should be fucking with the constitution every few years. It's been working, and is working perfectly fine. If we changed it now, I assure you it would only be for the worst.

Quote:Maybe they weren't "friends", but it's not like they were elected by the population to go to this constitutional thing. They just took it upon themselves to do it. There weren't any evil tyrants around, so they took the job.

They were told to revise the articles of confederation, decided the articles of confederation were crap, and then rewrote the thing. They weren't told to rewrite it, but they did. THEN they went through a painstakingly long process of getting all of the states to ratify it, which sparked up intense debates and forced them to modify it several times. It's not like they slapped the thing together and went with it... Plus they were elected officials from each state under the articles of confederation...

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 02:25 PM by Absnt.)
12-21-2011 02:17 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_p...egislation
Quote:Consider the Lawrence case decided by the Supreme Court in June. The Court determined that Texas had no right to establish its own standards for private sexual conduct, because gay sodomy is somehow protected under the 14th amendment "right to privacy". Ridiculous as sodomy laws may be, there clearly is no right to privacy nor sodomy found anywhere in the Constitution. There are, however, states' rights – rights plainly affirmed in the Ninth and Tenth amendments. Under those amendments, the State of Texas has the right to decide for itself how to regulate social matters like sex, using its own local standards.

For "texas" to decide for "itself" how to regulate sex. The problem is that texas isn't one person. Texas is millions of people. And the people who make up the government of texas are just a tiny percentage. And even if they put it to a vote, how in the fuck do you justify everyone else telling two other people that they can't have the kind of sex they like?
And he wants to make abortion completely illegal.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 02:41 PM by Prince Rilian.)
12-21-2011 02:38 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Obama, I forgot who, and Ron Paul.
>barely gives a shit

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 02:43 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
12-21-2011 02:42 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Probably gonna vote for Obama, unless Ron Paul gets the nomination which is pretty unlikely. Sure he's fucking nuts but eh, what the fuck. Maybe a little psycho is what this country needs. If he ends up helping some things, good. If he screws things up worse, good. Make the country vote in a liberal government next time around.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 02:57 PM by Thought Criminal.)
12-21-2011 02:51 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Paul has also stated he doesn't want to interfere in the free association of two individuals in a social, sexual, and religious sense.[199][200] Additionally, when asked if he was supportive of gay marriage Paul responded "I am supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want."

But yeah, him trying to repeal the court precedent of the right to privacy is fucking bullshit. Thing is, nothing he does will ever turn around the right to privacy. It's already ingrained in our judicial history extremely deeply, and I'm surprised it hasn't become a constitutional right through amendment. Not to mention, do you seriously think Texas, even if they are extremely republican, would ever seriously vote to outlaw the act of gay intercourse? That would never happen, and this one area which we both disagree with Paul is sort of a non-issue. The right to privacy isn't going anywhere, and an and every politician that wants to keep their job is going to oppose any legislation that could possibly be proposed that has anything to do with dictating what gay people do with each other.

Plus, there are more pressing issues at hand. Paul is the only person who wants to fix those issues. Seriously, it is literally a matter of life and death for thousands.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 02:55 PM by Absnt.)
12-21-2011 02:54 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Absentinsomniac said all the shit I wanted to rage about

my nigga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
12-21-2011 03:01 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-21-2011 02:54 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Not to mention, do you seriously think Texas, even if they are extremely republican, would ever seriously vote to outlaw the act of gay intercourse?

Anal sex was illegal in Texas until 2003. And it was only because of the federal gubmint getting involved that those laws were struck down.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-21-2011 03:04 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Not to mention, he is right. They made the court precedent by saying that the right to privacy is in the fourteenth amendment. The judiciary made a law based on a law that doesn't exist. It makes no sense. I strongly support our right to privacy, and I'm pretty sure Paul does too, but the judiciary precedent is based on no solid legal background.

Plus, awwwwwww yeah jesus.

Edit:

Well fuck my shit, guess I was wrong on that point, but I stand by my other points. The political claimant has changed, though, and I seriously doubt that shit would fly nowadays. Plus, let me do more research on this. I agree with you though, we should definitely NOT repeal the right to privacy and all of that. I think it should be amended into the constitution, then we can fix the inaccuracies in the judiciary decision.
That being said, however, and again, while I agree with you on that point, I don't think it is an important enough issue to disqualify Paul. The other candidates are far worse, and this guy will fix far more than he will break. Plus, his argument for the thing we both disagree with is rational if the premise is based on political theory and the way the United States government is set up.

Plus, in response to one of your earlier posts which I seemed to have missed:

(12-21-2011 02:38 PM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  For "texas" to decide for "itself" how to regulate sex. The problem is that texas isn't one person. Texas is millions of people. And the people who make up the government of texas are just a tiny percentage. And even if they put it to a vote, how in the fuck do you justify everyone else telling two other people that they can't have the kind of sex they like?

You can't, it's a matter of civil rights IMO. However, I still think you are misinterpreting Paul on this issue. Paul isn't against butsex, he has stated many times he doesn't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes, he's against the inaccuracy mentioned above in the way the judiciary came to their precedent on the right to privacy, and how that could be exploited in the future.

Quote:And he wants to make abortion completely illegal.

Yeah, not so sure about that. According to this page: http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/abortion/

He thinks it should be left to the states, like it is now. Plus, even if he wanted to pass an abortion bill, it would be blocked by congress. He said it's not up to the president to decide...

Also, here:

Watch on YouTube

That's really recent. ^ He thinks it should be left to the states like it is now. His personal opinions aren't going into his political decisions.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 03:33 PM by Absnt.)
12-21-2011 03:04 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Look guys, Texas is a shithole anyway. Its not the state I live in so I don't give a flying fuck, Texas can die. It doesn't matter to me whether a state government bans teh buttsecks or the federal government bans teh buttsecks. Fact is, buttsecks is still banned. At least if this stuff is up to the states, some states will allow this stuff. If the federal government bans something, its banned for everybody.

FYI: Think about the bigger issues here too. If enough people here are dumb enough to put Obama on the ballot again, SS is gone and the internet will be one giant facebook. Or worse... an extension of FCC regulated cable television channels.

12-21-2011 08:27 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Texas and like 12 other states had laws against buttsecks, and the federal gubmint said they couldn't do that anymore, so it's not banned either way.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-21-2011 08:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Where's OUR Canidate? Miller0700 21 7,463 01-13-2012 11:53 AM
Last Post: Prince Rilian