RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Peace:Hopeless Dream or Maybe Possible
KollerKid Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
World Peace:Hopeless Dream or Maybe Possible

What do you guys think?

We all live in the dark. The light isnt what we seek. We seek the answer we want. The truth isn't some all mighty or something so perfect. Its actualy the oppsite. We know the truth is that we are what we are. We can't comprehend that one simple fact. But we still like to think theres some crazy reasoning behind everything when the light is us.
12-15-2010 10:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Re: World Peace:Hopeless Dream or Maybe Possible

If war didn't exist we wouldn't call it peace.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
12-15-2010 11:01 AM
KollerKid Offline
Rebel

War is peace. There can never be peace because with 7 billion people there is going to be disagrement. Violence isn't the answer it's the standard. Peace is complete decimation of the sick diease humanity.

We all live in the dark. The light isnt what we seek. We seek the answer we want. The truth isn't some all mighty or something so perfect. Its actualy the oppsite. We know the truth is that we are what we are. We can't comprehend that one simple fact. But we still like to think theres some crazy reasoning behind everything when the light is us.
12-15-2010 11:21 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Kill everyone, then there's no one to kill Razz

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-15-2010 11:51 AM
KollerKid Offline
Rebel

Theres peace simple but the mark we left here wont be as easily removed. If its possible.

12-15-2010 11:53 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

World Peace: I'm taking this as a world without war...

Easy, do something like this: http://www.launchpadmovement.com/blog/?p=521

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-15-2010 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Not until humanity dies and even then animals kill each other to survive.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-15-2010 11:54 AM
KollerKid Offline
Rebel

They cant permanitly damage the world. Nor can they make the worlds water supplie become unusable or turn it into acid.

12-15-2010 11:57 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

desperate times call for desperate measures. if there is ever world peace, I would kill everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
12-15-2010 01:09 PM
KollerKid Offline
Rebel

Have you ever thought of turning your name"Jesusaurisrex" and turing it to an actual religion. Devoted to killing the human race.

12-15-2010 01:16 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I tried that already, I killed all my followers because they where retards. Really, what sort of dumb shit would accept ME at their god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
12-15-2010 03:35 PM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

^Hahaha, you always amuse me!

As long as there are people around, there will always be some violence. No matter how civilized we think we are, we'll find other ways to promote our selfishness and bullshit to suit ourselves.
12-15-2010 04:08 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Impossible to have 100% peace because no matter what there will always be someone who is evil or just in disagreement.

Even if we all were clones and thought EXACTLY the same, unless we changed the laws of physics, eventually you would still end up with different thoughts in people.

Maybe we could avoid big wars but you can't have perfect 100% peace.
12-15-2010 05:00 PM
Mondasin Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

They only way to have true world peace is to kill everything. I do not mean just Humans or carnivores, I mean everything. Even plants fight over the basic resources that are around them.
12-15-2010 06:58 PM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

There can't be peace as long as the earth exists. Hell, if any world exists. There will always be something evolving making a new human race.... Then, we'll be right back where we started.

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
12-15-2010 11:27 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Sure, peace is possible. But do we really want it? Humans are individualistic creatures. As long as their is diversity there will be conflict, and to have peace is to suppress that diversity until humanity is either all the same or to beaten down to think for itself. Remember, peace just means a lack of violence. It doesn't mean freedom, it doesn't mean happiness. There are many ways to achieve piece and not all of them are good.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
12-15-2010 11:34 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

KollerKid Wrote:They cant permanitly damage the world.

No but we can still fuck it up for the next million years.
12-16-2010 02:14 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

People think everything we do has some sort of a catastrophic repercussion. Well, that's a load of bullshit. The only lasting effect we will ever have on this planet is going to be fucking plastic, and that really isn't even a big deal...

Really, we are, as someone who I cannot recall put it, "A group of people on a spec of dust suspended in a sunbeam" or something along those lines. Seriously, it wouldn't matter if we fucked everything and nuked the whole world, in a few billion years, everything would be back to normal. Minus humans, and perhaps a few new species would evolve.

And even if we did manage to fuck up the entire planet for the rest of it's existence, that doesn't fucking matter either. It's just earth, and earth will inevitably be engulfed by the sun eventually anyway. Who gives a shit.

All of this "save the earth" shit is for selfish reasons: to preserve ourselves, and other animals on this planet. And the people who want to preserve other species from dieing off typically only do it because they think that other animals are beautiful and innocent or some shit.

/Rant.

Edit: That's not to say I'm not all for protecting our resources and preserving the planet. I don't really want humans to die off yet. Especially while I'm here... Laugh

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-16-2010 06:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PrecociousOne Offline
Defiant

I would love to live in world peace, however to my dismay it will never happen. With the amount of people slowly but steadily growing, disagreements are inevitable. We have to have war in order for some nations to thrive, and others to falter. Ideally, i would love world peace. Realistically, it won't happen.
12-17-2010 12:33 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Lack of war (killing people etc) would be nice, but there will never be 100% peace as in utopia unless people undergo some kind of weird brainwashing... and that wouldn't be genuine "peace" anyway...

I think a lack of war is definitely possible, though... but a complete lack of anyone killing each other at all is probably a bit far-fetched, at least for now.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-19-2010 11:43 AM
Dannyboy Offline
Defiant

in order for that to happen people would have to stop pushing what they like and believe onto other people as much as possible. is that ever gonna happen? maybe, but it won't be in my lifetime.
12-19-2010 06:07 PM
GoldenEveeee Offline
Rebel

I think dat world peace can be if we hepl eveyrone to help each over so that we can all helpt o get world pease so that Eveyrthingsa can be Super!!! ^__________________^

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
01-15-2011 11:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  peace darkmind15 7 3,615 03-03-2014 09:03 PM
Last Post: Stadium
  petition to "Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize" Potato 2 2,260 04-05-2013 09:18 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Obama gets Nobel Peace Prize for being a warmonger Leon Kinotolian 15 4,699 12-16-2009 07:48 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Obama wins nobel peace prize Vatman 42 6,300 10-15-2009 04:51 AM
Last Post: Pieman