RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Flip Flopper Obama: WILL NOT VETO DETENTION BILL(I is so surprised like sarcasm)
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Flip Flopper Obama: WILL NOT VETO DETENTION BILL(I is so surprised like sarcasm)

Wow like I really had faith in obummer(sarcasm).
Welcome to fascism folks where in a little while we'll see military police showing the pigs in blue how its really done.

Quote:This evening the U.S. House of Representatives passed, with overwhelming support, the National Defense Authorization Act in a 283-to-136 vote.

You’ll note that at the time the legislation was being debated President Obama assured Americans that he would never sign the bill if it came to his desk.

The bill, which allows for the indefinite detainment of those, including American citizens, suspected of engaging in or supporting terrorist activity has not changed in any meaningful way over the last few weeks. This, of course, leaves inquiring minds questioning why the President would have so abruptly reversed his position:

Quote:Less than a month after he threatened to veto terrifying legislation that would cease constitutional rights as we know it, Obama has revoked his warning and plans to authorize a bill allowing indefinite detention and torture of Americans.

After passing in the House of Representatives earlier this year, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 went before the US Senate last week, where it was met with overwhelming approval. In the days before, the Obama administration issued a policy statement on November 17 saying explicitly that the president would veto the bill, as it would challenge “the president’s critical authorities to collect intelligence incapacitate dangerous terrorists and protect the nation.”

Opposition from the White House seemed all but rampant until RT revealed earlier this week that Senator Carl Levin told lawmakers that the legislation was altered because “the administration asked us to remove the language which says that US citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section.”

On Wednesday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said that those last minute changes yielded legislation that would “not challenge the president’s ability to collect intelligence, incapacitate dangerous terrorists and protect the American people,” and therefore “the president’s senior advisers will not recommend a veto.”

Originally the White House said that the administration objected to matters in the bill that applied to detainees. Under the act, Americans could be arrested and held indefinitely in military-run prisons and tortured without charges ever being brought forth, essentially making Guantanamo Bay a threat for every American citizen.

Source: RT

On December 5th, ahead of Congressional voting, Senator Rand Paul warned that the new legislation would allow the government to detain American citizens under terrorism laws without evidence, charge or trial. Specifically, Paul cited the government’s own broad definitions and characterizations for domestic terrorism or suspicious activity as involving those who, among other things, own guns, ammunition or store food.

Bill Cosponsor John McCain (under questioning from Rand Paul) argues that detention (as defined by the National Defense Authorization Act) of anyone who is deemed a threat to the national security of the United States of America is appropriate:

The very fact that this bill was ever penned and allowed to get as far as it has gotten in our Constitutional Republic is cause for concern. A glimmer of hope existed for a few weeks when the President claimed he would veto it if it came to his desk. As has been the case throughout this administration’s term, however, our hope was for naught. Someone, somewhere needs this legislation to pass. To what end we can only speculate.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/fl...ent-295414

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011 07:29 PM by HeartofShadows.)
12-15-2011 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
RE: Flip Flopper Obama: WILL NOT VETO DETENTION BILL(I is so surprised like sarcasm)

I never trusted Obama, I mean he did renew the Patriot Act. Maybe it wasn't entirely his decision but I still never liked him very much.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
12-15-2011 10:17 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)
RE: Flip Flopper Obama: WILL NOT VETO DETENTION BILL(I is so surprised like sarcasm)

When Obama said change, he meant the same old shit Bush did but more extreme, right?

This bill makes me sick to live in this country. Every value that it stood for is dying by the day.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011 11:05 PM by Sunbourn.)
12-15-2011 11:04 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Why is every news story now setting up the world for a Deus Ex based scenario?
[Image: 150px-Deus_Ex_GuntherHermann.jpg]
electronic old men running the world
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 01:33 AM by aaaaaaasd.)
12-16-2011 01:33 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

see you guys in FEMA camps, I have a feeling we "internet anrachist extremists" will be the first to get bumped off, there will be no room or tolerance in this country for naughty men like us

It's been an honor serving with you gentlemen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
12-16-2011 02:19 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

^^
[Image: Mister_Gutsy.png]

ANOTHER GLORIOUS DAY IN THIS MANS ARMY!!!!!!

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-16-2011 03:29 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

(12-16-2011 02:19 AM)Jesusaurisrex Wrote:  see you guys in FEMA camps, I have a feeling we "internet anrachist extremists" will be the first to get bumped off, there will be no room or tolerance in this country for naughty men like us

It's been an honor serving with you gentlemen

Most have already been knocked off and replaced with government spies. Be careful who you speak to.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
12-16-2011 03:30 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Okay, Americans... you can get off your asses and do something anytime now...Lookleft

12-16-2011 03:31 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-15-2011 10:17 PM).Manicrose. Wrote:  I never trusted Obama, I mean he did renew the Patriot Act. Maybe it wasn't entirely his decision but I still never liked him very much.

Yep there was also operation fast and furious(essentially sold guns to Mexican drug cartel and got alot of people killed and Mexican cartel are using guns against us and members of the Mexican government that we sold em). In the normal world a scandal like that would have ran like wild fire and would been enough to have him impeached but in this fascist world its ignored and nothing happens.
Though it doesn't matter as he's a puppet like them all.

|55555|: yeah I can't wait til the stores go empty of food and supplies because the countries broke and the people with their heads in the sand wonder whats going on. It makes me sick too..

Jesus: Logic would tell me to disagree with you but this is the government that fema camped Japanese people because they were Japanese in world war 2.
Well I got shotgun and would rather die than get on the train to holocaust camp 2 I mean Guantanamo bays little brother.

gore goroth: won't happen until they go to the super market and see nothing in them. The country will then get the military police ready for riots and politely tell the sheep that the countries broke now then martial law.

Baronvonstrangle: Where is the NSF when we need em.
[Image: image.jpg]
png image hosting

image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 03:44 AM by HeartofShadows.)
12-16-2011 03:43 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

(12-16-2011 03:31 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  Okay, Americans... you can get off your asses and do something anytime now...Lookleft
Nobody cares because they're keeping up with the Kardashians and they probably have no reason to be afraid (as long as they keep their heads down and let the government do what it wants). The few people who do care, like us, are fucked. I am getting more and more serious about moving to Norway when I turn 18.

Also I just read some comments on the Huffington Post about this and here's a sample:

Quote:The whitehouse asked for it. It wasn't the republican­s this time.
Proof Obama will sign NDAA 1031 Citizen Imprisonme­nt Law in a few days
http://www­.youtube.c­om/watch?f­eature=pla­yer_embedd­ed&v=PLiKv­Sz_wX8

See?

All representa­tives are in it for the money. Time to dispose of government­. I know that sounds tea party but I was a democrat. I am not a righty. Gotta be an anarchist now. Anarchism is natural. 50,000 years of human anarchy can't be wrong.
So from what I see a good number of people (at least the people who comment on the Huffington Post) ARE aware of how bad this is. But what can we do about it besides calling our representatives? And we know how well that will work....

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 04:20 AM by .Manicrose..)
12-16-2011 04:05 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

I posted "Hey Obama supporters, how does it feel to have the administration withdraw its statement that it will veto the NDAA? Does it feel like rape yet? Because I must say, I am most displeased with this nonconsensual fucking" as my facebook status

Gingrich biblethumpers rally and shit talk Obama without any idea what the fuck NDAA is

[Image: t266767_mfw1.jpg]

mfw I delete the Gringrich Jesus cancer to save them from further humilitating themselves

12-16-2011 05:05 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

When will you people learn that the president doesn't run the country?

No, this is Patrick.
12-22-2011 04:40 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

(12-22-2011 04:40 PM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  When will you people learn that the president doesn't run the country?

He doesn't hold sole power, but he holds a significant amount of power and influence. Enough to get shit done. The current situation can be compared to baseball, with Obummer being the catcher. Constitutional rights shredder hits a ground ball with a runner on second. Centerfielder throws the ball to Obummer to block the runner. He catches it, then steps to the side letting the runner score. Here, Obama has stepped to the side and is in all likelihood even for congress taking away our rights.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011 04:51 PM by Sunbourn.)
12-22-2011 04:47 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

I support the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan 100%. 9/11 was America's fault. COME FUCKING GET ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT GOVERNMENT!

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-22-2011 05:08 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

WE are the terrorists, not the people fighting us for invading their damn country for oil. Fuck capitalism.

No, this is Patrick.
12-22-2011 05:14 PM
Fanatic

(12-22-2011 05:14 PM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  WE are the terrorists, not the people fighting us for invading their damn country for oil. Fuck capitalism.

WE invade a country and people think they shouldn't hate us. Fucking typical Americans.

Live until you die
12-22-2011 05:15 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

We bomb innocent people, some of our soldiers kill civilians for fun. We are the terrorists, because I'm pretty sure they're terrified of us.

No, this is Patrick.
12-22-2011 05:21 PM
Fanatic

We roll tanks through their towns, we bomb their houses, we kill their people. The media would have you believe it was because of 9/11. Even IF that was true how are we going to invade and bomb a whole country because of a group of radicals not even based in that country? Fuck this country man.

Live until you die
12-22-2011 05:23 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Stadium you should be labeled as Mr spouts out the obvious more so than the cynic.

Unschool: I agree.
We abduct people all over the world, prop up dictators loyal to our wants that fuck up countries and kill loads of people for the business interests of a few and our stupid citizens are surprised the world hates us.
Reminds me when the Russian leader refused to shake obummers hand when they met.
To me it was like he knew Obummer was a puppet, didn't deserve respect and wouldn't bend like alot of the other countries would to america.

Though it doesn't matter..
Not like people can really change the inevitable..
A quote from a friend I knew from school.

"People aren't infallible. Most times the worst case scenario is the most likely to happen."

image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2011 06:43 AM by HeartofShadows.)
12-23-2011 06:37 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Holy shit. I think I'll be revising my stance on prepping. I don't know about you guys, but this is literally one of the worst things that has happened in any of our lifetimes. I've never seen a bill this scary. Like, we have seen disturbing bills, we have seen the patriot act, we all know about the government's hypocracy and all of that, but this is a big deal. Every time the government does something stupid, we start a thread, say fuck that that's not good, and move on with our lives. I think we'll probably do that again in this thread, too. Just know that this time it's different. This is NOT conspiracy theorist bullshit. This IS happening.

Watch on YouTube

Assassination of United States citizens for no reason whatsoever is completely and utterly legal. Someone speaks out against the military, boom, shot in the head. The president has a competitor he doesn't like? He can have him killed. This is NOT something we can just laugh off and say, LOL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS. It's on the books, it's happening. Three people have been assassinated, and NONE of them were tried in any form of court.

Now it's even worse. They can kidnap ANYONE THEY WANT for NO REASON WHATSOEVER and torture us. That means you too, dumbass. YOU are liable to be tortured in a fucking camp somewhere by military authorities, and it will be completely legal. Nothing you can do about it. This is really REALLY bad. Literally the worst bill I have ever seen. Hands down. "Oh, but I'm not going to get kidnapped, it won't be me, it'll be someone who probably deserves it anyway." FUCKING WRONG!

No one is stopping someone in the government from killing one of his enemies. No one is stopping Obama from having a protester arrested. NO ONE. How long do you think before these events start happening? Sure, it seems unlikely now, but THERE IS NOTHING TO PREVENT THEM FROM DOING IT. Obama might say now that it's morally incorrect to kidnap and torture someone just for disagreeing with him, but how long before the power gets to his head? How long before the power gets into the head of a general? How long before SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE starts abusing this power? How long before it becomes normal?

If this isn't changed, we WILL find ourselves in a situation resembling Russia during it's USSR days, or Iraq during Hussein, or some variation therein. EVERYONE on this website has repeatedly spoke out against the government multiple times. EVERYONE here is suspicious to the government. WE aren't safe. Good luck everyone. Watch your back. I know I will be.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-23-2011 07:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-23-2011 07:13 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Holy shit. I think I'll be revising my stance on prepping. I don't know about you guys, but this is literally one of the worst things that has happened in any of our lifetimes. I've never seen a bill this scary. Like, we have seen disturbing bills, we have seen the patriot act, we all know about the government's hypocracy and all of that, but this is a big deal. Every time the government does something stupid, we start a thread, say fuck that that's not good, and move on with our lives. I think we'll probably do that again in this thread, too. Just know that this time it's different. This is NOT conspiracy theorist bullshit. This IS happening.

Assassination of United States citizens for no reason whatsoever is completely and utterly legal. Someone speaks out against the military, boom, shot in the head. The president has a competitor he doesn't like? He can have him killed. This is NOT something we can just laugh off and say, LOL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS. It's on the books, it's happening. Three people have been assassinated, and NONE of them were tried in any form of court.

Now it's even worse. They can kidnap ANYONE THEY WANT for NO REASON WHATSOEVER and torture us. That means you too, dumbass. YOU are liable to be tortured in a fucking camp somewhere by military authorities, and it will be completely legal. Nothing you can do about it. This is really REALLY bad. Literally the worst bill I have ever seen. Hands down. "Oh, but I'm not going to get kidnapped, it won't be me, it'll be someone who probably deserves it anyway." FUCKING WRONG!

No one is stopping someone in the government from killing one of his enemies. No one is stopping Obama from having a protester arrested. NO ONE. How long do you think before these events start happening? Sure, it seems unlikely now, but THERE IS NOTHING TO PREVENT THEM FROM DOING IT. Obama might say now that it's morally incorrect to kidnap and torture someone just for disagreeing with him, but how long before the power gets to his head? How long before the power gets into the head of a general? How long before SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE starts abusing this power? How long before it becomes normal?

If this isn't changed, we WILL find ourselves in a situation resembling Russia during it's USSR days, or Iraq during Hussein, or some variation therein. EVERYONE on this website has repeatedly spoke out against the government multiple times. EVERYONE here is suspicious to the government. WE aren't safe. Good luck everyone. Watch your back. I know I will be.

Gotta remember I posted this so I know how serious this is.
Every community I posted this too seems to take this seriously but people are too cowardly to fight back and occupy wall street showed us how efficient protesting is(specially to the idiots who believe it works).
Maybe this is the domino to start the fall absent and if it is then it must happen.
For now all we can do prepare on our own..
Stock up, make worthy allies and try to save ourselves.

image hosting jpg
12-23-2011 07:22 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I'm thinking it'll take a few months, or maybe a year or two before the executive agencies start widespread use of this. E.g. You've got a tiny window of time before kidnappings and assassinations run rampant. Me thinks. I don't have enough trust in humanity to think that the executive branch, with all of it's employees and agencies, the military, and any other crafty fuckers in the government who are able to use this authority, won't abuse this.

Blog I post to now:

12-23-2011 07:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

All I got to say is, if this bill is what it takes for people to get off their asses and finally do something then so be it.

12-23-2011 07:56 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(12-23-2011 07:36 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  I'm thinking it'll take a few months, or maybe a year or two before the executive agencies start widespread use of this. E.g. You've got a tiny window of time before kidnappings and assassinations run rampant. Me thinks. I don't have enough trust in humanity to think that the executive branch, with all of it's employees and agencies, the military, and any other crafty fuckers in the government who are able to use this authority, won't abuse this.

Yeah they still have to train their new military police force as well so I would give it some time. Misanthrope here so I sure don't trust my government overlords to use this power with responsibility like spider man.
Though everybody who could leave already left this year and with no money I'm forced to watch the train wreck.

Manicrose you are one lucky girl if you can get out in time.

image hosting jpg
12-23-2011 08:02 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I'm sticking around for the fight. I have no money, and no useful marketable skills I could survive off of except for my expertise in computers, and even then I have no formal training to it would be hard to get any jobs.

Blog I post to now:

12-23-2011 08:50 AM
Fanatic

Might actually move to Albania haha

Live until you die
12-23-2011 08:56 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

(12-23-2011 07:56 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  All I got to say is, if this bill is what it takes for people to get off their asses and finally do something then so be it.

YOU GET OFF YOUR ASS, YOU WILL BE DETAINED FOREVER. SIT BACK DOWN AND ENJOY YOUR CNN. EVERYTHING IS FINE.

12-23-2011 03:23 PM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

IT'S ALL OVER, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/31...77836.html
Quote:Indefinite military detention of Americans became the law of the land Saturday, as President Barack Obama signed a defense bill that codified that authority, even as he said he would not use it.
(If he's not gonna use it then what's the point of signing it lolol? And what about when someone else becomes president, someone who'll be even more eager to use it?)

Hidden stuff:
01-01-2012 12:02 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(01-01-2012 12:02 PM).Manicrose. Wrote:  IT'S ALL OVER, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/31...77836.html
Quote:Indefinite military detention of Americans became the law of the land Saturday, as President Barack Obama signed a defense bill that codified that authority, even as he said he would not use it.
(If he's not gonna use it then what's the point of signing it lolol? And what about when someone else becomes president, someone who'll be even more eager to use it?)

Yep here it comes..
Was thinking of posting the article where obummer signed the bill from the huffington times but you beat me.
Alliances, ammo, seeds and the like are key now for the coming shitstorm.
This is going to be an interesting year eh folks?

image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 03:06 PM by HeartofShadows.)
01-01-2012 02:59 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Happy 2012 everyone!!!Biggrin

01-01-2012 04:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Impeach Obama' Bill: Use of military without Congress approval 'high crime' HeartofShadows 0 1,584 03-13-2012 06:06 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Obama signs anti-protest Trespass Bill HeartofShadows 3 2,407 03-12-2012 04:14 AM
Last Post: The Shadowman
  Senate Bill to OK Indefinite Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Charge or Trial HeartofShadows 34 15,604 12-16-2011 11:16 AM
Last Post: Efs
  Obama's healthcare bill passed aerftghyjk 82 16,799 04-19-2010 06:55 AM
Last Post: Swift
  Obama signs hate crimes bill into law returnal 22 6,561 11-07-2009 12:57 PM
Last Post: Squittle
  Obama's Proposal "Prolonged Detention" ~Mystery~ 1 1,523 10-27-2009 07:52 AM
Last Post: returnal
  McCain-Feingold try to grant more veto powers to Obama John Tuttle 0 1,510 03-05-2009 08:33 AM
Last Post: John Tuttle