RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your mind on compulsory School
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Well, I bet there is an old thread about this. But seriously, I am no necromancer. Also things might have changed.

I know I won't get too much pro opinions, but when, I will be really interessted in what "the enemy" thinks ;-)

My take is following:
I dislike it because it takes advantage over non-compulsory school. Any compulsory school out there is against any of the human rights (everybody has the right to be free, freedom of religion, etc). On some point its against the right to learn and educate yourself. Why? Because it fucking makes stuff uninteressting and demotivates by gradings and exams. I remember this experiance I had in French class:
Quote:'My dad motivated me, so I was REALLY damn interessted in the language. He wrote a little program to train german and rewrote it for french. I hated that thing as I learned for german, but learning french, I did it over hours because of the huge motivation. The program added percent points for right answers and decreased them for wrong answers. While normally only having ~50-75%, learning that language gave me 98%! It was a new high score. However, french class came up and the teachress was a old, stupid idiotic whore that had so much perfum on, that she basically smelled like a bitch. Also, she behaved like one. She asked a class comrad something relatively easy. Then, she asked me some special rule or something, the only rules I could not really answer to. This way, I got fucking bad grades (she called it motivation). I went to france for holidays in summer break (its 6 weeks in germany) and had almost no problem speaking with the natives there. But, occosunally I was an Idiot and my self-esteem was so low. My parents often talked to the principal, but all he ever replied was "the problem is already known". The next year the new french teachress (who was not bad at all) asked me, after hearing from what happend, if I still wanted to learn the language. I denied. She said that it would be ok, and that I should just sit in class and read something or do something else that would not disturb the class. Which I did. I remember taking a test and the only thing i wrote was my name. The moral of the story is that now, even after a few years, I can't stand somebody speaking french in my nearer vicinity because it reminds me of the humiliation and pain that first teachress brought me through.'
Such a thing would have never been possible, not even thinkable in non-compulsory school. A teachress like the first one of this medium story would have been kicked out. That is not so easy in germany, because teachers are clerks, and you can hardly though a clerk out from job. Its liturally hardly possible loosing the clerk-status. But, in non-compulsory school, that would change rapildy because of the competition. School Evaluation would be more frequently, something I really would look forward to. So, by demotivating students, compulsory school is a crime against the human right of education (from my standpoint, anyway).
It also is a narrow-minded system supporting a few, surpressing a lot, and supressing free thought. I already posted that story recently about how we must go outside in breaks because of new rules. As my dad read the letter, this is one quote while laughing hard:
"I am proud of having a son that puts up against such treatment. If only we had more such people back sixty years ago". (for those not aware of german history: 1945 WWII ended after Hitler [godwins law here] raised to power and surpressed the people. If more people would have protestet, WWII might just have never came.)

So, what is your opinion of compulsory school?

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-09-2011 04:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Your mind on compulsory School

Compulsory schooling is a waste. Instead of preparing kids to tackle life and to love learning at the same time, mandatory school ends up teaching kids to be apathetic towards learning and life. Fucked up ain't it?

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 07:01 AM by Miller0700.)
12-09-2011 06:55 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Yep, beacuse people think by making children apathetic to life and learning they will love live and learning!

LOLWUT! ROFL! LOLWTFBBQ!

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 06:58 AM by Luizao876.)
12-09-2011 06:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

I really wonder why people can let such a system live if there is so much resistance against it. Although, when it comes to methods they use securing that, nothing wonders me anymore. A friend of my dad was on a different kind of pre-school (one where you have to learn, averange state school. One where you decide if you want to learn [Monte-Sory or smth like that, I just remember how you speak it, not write] and the "Waldorfschule" [you learn to dance your own name there...])

He was at one of these alternatives, I do not remember which, and tried to go on that further education school he had to attend to (for the sake of graduation). He wrote the entry exams. Grade 5, must have been atleast two times
Quote:Grading system german style
Grades from 1 to 6
1 is best, 6 is worst
Points decide which grade you get
So, he got those two fives. Which is pretty bad, having two 5, you failed. However, his mom said like "WTF? He isn't that bad". They looked at the exams with the teacher, seeing they JUST TOOK FUCKING POINTS FOR NOTHING SO HE GETS A BAD GRADE.

I really don't get why nobody even tries to form a resistance-union.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-09-2011 07:10 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I hate it more than anything else, because it's the root of so many problems in our society.

No, this is Patrick.
12-09-2011 07:10 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

True. And its annoying that so many people seem to think that school is the answer to this.

12-09-2011 07:16 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(12-09-2011 07:10 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  I hate it more than anything else, because it's the root of so many problems in our society.

I agree with this. It is a huge part of societies fundamental disrespect for youth and that probably causes the majority of problems in society.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-09-2011 08:42 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(12-09-2011 08:42 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 07:10 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  I hate it more than anything else, because it's the root of so many problems in our society.

I agree with this. It is a huge part of societies fundamental disrespect for youth and that probably causes the majority of problems in society.

I'm so tired of hearing idiots ask why my generation is so stupid. Use your fucking brain and maybe you'll figure it out.

No, this is Patrick.
12-09-2011 09:13 AM
Fanatic

(12-09-2011 09:13 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 08:42 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  

I'm so tired of hearing idiots ask why my generation is so stupid. Use your fucking brain and maybe you'll figure it out.

They did/do the same to mine. People will always do it because it makes them feel like they are better when they are just pathetic.

Live until you die
12-09-2011 09:36 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

What has socrates said? "Todays youth does not respect its teachers, nor their parents.."
You know what I mean. It is sad that school has come to such a fragil and complex system that might just break down every second.
The only glooy mass holding it together is the fear of students "not to get a good life without school". Imagine, if all of em would say "Fuck it." and went on streets for our reasons...there would be no way of letting this system survive.

(Germany-related sentence warning) We had a students walkout going on. Pupils protestet against how School is atm, students against having to pay for their education [you have to pay ~500€ per semester afaik. But, how so often, i am not completly sure]. This walkout was large in some citys. In others teachers just said "If you walk out we will punish you". It, sadly, had the desired effect. However, guess what a member of the school ministary said about the walkouts (which were while school time, because else, it would be fucking useless because nobody would listen). One virtual drink for the one who figures it out!

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-09-2011 10:47 PM
Land Of The NotSoFree Offline
Rebuilding

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

School was good to me before highschool. I haven't even been to a math or english class in about 2 years, haven't done homework in 4, haven't given a shit for 1 year now. I haven't finished highschool but I feel like my time there is done. I don't need to show im smart through stupid tests and grades anymore, I know I am. It's like my mind had a breakthrough so to speak... a different way of thinking and viewing or analyzing, I don't know. I wouldn't trade this for 4 normal years of highschool.

Only thing a highschool diploma is good for is a job. I haven't even tried to get my first job yet, but I hear it's worthless these days anyway. A diploma shouldnt be the measuring stick. You should be able to just go apply for a job and show them then and there that you're good enough. & by the way, you don't see people with jobs doing the pointless, long, and frustrating work we do in school, so like, the hell are we preparing for?

Screw that. Smuggy ass, elitist people come out of school and its grading crap. You're no better than someone just because of a degree or whatever grades you get
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 01:29 PM by Land Of The NotSoFree.)
12-12-2011 01:09 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

School trains us to be robotic tools. It actually does what it intends to do, making us capitalistic, stressed out, insecure, productive/destructive, perfectionist, competitive, fools, who want money and power. And it makes us deal with society. Because that's all your classmates basically are, society. Stupid, trendy, brainwashed, consumer, competitive, stereotyping, objectifying, hateful, little clone conformist bastards.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
12-12-2011 02:29 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

How can you know my classmates? Not all are trendy, and certainly not all are "conform".

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-12-2011 11:13 PM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Compulsory schooling is a disguise for the government to control the behavior of a child from a young age, and mould it in the way the government sees fit. The child is trained to obey every rule, and must repeatedly learn boring and monotonous facts, so the child will have no interest in learning more when it is an adult, because it will asume that every form of learning can only be mindless repetition. Compulsory schooling is also used to annihilate every single form of individual thought, by grouping a lot of children together, so that a child will sooner give in to peer pressure, and will thus be conditioned to give in sooner to governmental pressure and popular opinion.
12-13-2011 02:48 AM
bulgvar Offline
Gaysecks <3

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

It is indeed not very pleasuring experience, but it teaches you to be hard, to tackle problems, to be comfortable around people and most of all have respect to others. And the graduation moment is worthy.
01-04-2012 09:12 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(01-04-2012 09:12 AM)bulgvar Wrote:  It is indeed not very pleasuring experience, but it teaches you to be hard, to tackle problems, to be comfortable around people and most of all have respect to others. And the graduation moment is worthy.

Allo which has rarely been seen in kids I know. In fact these things happen outside of school.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 09:37 AM by Miller0700.)
01-04-2012 09:37 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

I know it's forbidden to agree with shotgun, but I do this time. Not everyone I know at school is a brainwashed little prick, but a good amount of them are.

No, this is Patrick.
01-04-2012 03:32 PM
bulgvar Offline
Gaysecks <3

(01-04-2012 09:37 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 09:12 AM)bulgvar Wrote:  It is indeed not very pleasuring experience, but it teaches you to be hard, to tackle problems, to be comfortable around people and most of all have respect to others. And the graduation moment is worthy.

Allo which has rarely been seen in kids I know. In fact these things happen outside of school.

Umm..nope.
01-04-2012 06:18 PM
Fanatic

(01-04-2012 06:18 PM)bulgvar Wrote:  

Umm..nope.

Yea true that explains all the home schooled/unschooled kids who are incredibly successful. Or all the hard, problem solving, and social people who existed before compulsory schooling did.

Live until you die
01-05-2012 04:03 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(01-04-2012 06:18 PM)bulgvar Wrote:  

Umm..nope.

Ummm.. yea.

Dumb As A Rock: You Will Be Absolutely Amazed At The Things That U.S. High School Students Do Not Know
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archive...o-not-know

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 01:43 AM by Miller0700.)
01-12-2012 01:42 AM
geek Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I think it should kids should be taught to read and write at home. I hated school trying to learn to write! Everyday I came in feeling like a absolute idiot not being able to write because I couldnt hold a pen.

I think we should get to choose what lessons we want to do. I bloody hate history, I hated last year and the year before. This year I have a awesome teacher so the lessons are fun but I havent learnt anything in the past 2 years so now I know nothing and there is not much point in doing it. I would rather go to a computer room and work stuff I actually have a interest in.
01-12-2012 10:28 AM
Lil'Orange Offline
Revolutionary

All I ever wanted is to be respected, but the school system shows absolutely no respect towards children. They treat children like cattle. I refuse to be cattle. The problem in our society is that there is a mainstream attitude that people should obey to the authority. They think it's the solution to all the problems. You see the same principal in the school, at a job, in the army, in the religion. There is always ONE leader and a bunch of followers who MUST obey the leader. I just think it's wrong and I think that there wouldn't be that much crime and everything if people would just respect each other.
01-16-2012 01:39 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

This, and I just hate the arrogance of the faculty. If you disapprove, or don't want to be there, they laugh at you like you are an ignorant shit who will be sorry.

My teacher told me to become a "liberal reformists, and find a middle ground" in the workforce. Is she serious? I'm an anarchist, liberalism is stupid!

There is no middle ground in america.Just because she FEELS like her job is actually worth is, does not mean she is better or that it actually is.

It's just the power-hungry arrogance of these people, that disgusts me. And you have to feel inferior, to admit that you are inferior and need them, to succeed.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
01-30-2012 05:25 AM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Sure, I hate school, yes, it goes against my principles, and despise many aspects of it.

But I can deal with that.

What bugs the living fuck out of me, is the sort of stigma and taboo associated with disagreeing with this system. Not the usual "Lol homework sucks lol" I mean seriously disagreeing with it, kids who do this are labeled defiant or labeled with some disease, and then from then they always have some stigma attached to them, they're seen as not right.

It makes me sick, kids can't speak out against it without fear of some bullshit diagnosis of disease and getting pills shoved down their throats.

And then the fact that the type of schooling you do is decided by your parents. They don't have any fucking rights to say you have to go to school.

Gah, fuck it.

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
02-04-2012 03:38 PM
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Four Words: Students Against Compulsory Education.

666 Baby Annihilator.
06-21-2015 12:54 PM
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

(02-04-2012 03:38 PM)Sapphire Flames Wrote:  Sure, I hate school, yes, it goes against my principles, and despise many aspects of it.

What bugs the living fuck out of me, is the sort of stigma and taboo associated with disagreeing with this system. Not the usual "Lol homework sucks lol" I mean seriously disagreeing with it, kids who do this are labeled defiant or labeled with some disease, and then from then they always have some stigma attached to them, they're seen as not right.

It makes me sick, kids can't speak out against it without fear of some bullshit diagnosis of disease and getting pills shoved down their throats.

And then the fact that the type of schooling you do is decided by your parents. They don't have any fucking rights to say you have to go to school.

Gah, fuck it.

Holy shit, I agree completely with you. But, unfortunately, you try to talk to your parents as to why you hate school and they say you hate education and play the 'Fake Sorrow' card, as well as 'Malicious Intent', 'Intimidation', and 'Threat' cards, among others.
And, since I spent some time in one of those 'mental facilities' after a teacher told me to draw how I felt about school (which I drew a cross-burning with the assistant principal on it and the American flag with a Nazi logo on it, with the caption 'Burn, fucker, burn!'). Really shows that they care for your feelings, now doesn't it? Basically, I decoded the picture as this in their thick skulls; 'I feel that America, with their Compulsory Education, has become more like a Hitler-era Germany (therefore the Nazi logo), and the image of the assistant principal on the burning cross was supposed to represent the school system, and how it is (the burning cross, although I am atheist now, was supposed to be from when I believed the lies about a higher power and the fact they took prayer out of school).
Hey, I can tell you that the teachers and principals, as Adam Sandler worded it in 'Assistant Principal's Big Day, 'Spank it with a thumb up [their] ass' and fuck the atheletes and very importat pricks, those cunts that flaunt their money.

Also, the parents all appparently love school, saying how it is a benefit and will help you get into college and get a good job. Well, it may seem very tantalizing at first, but like I said in a previous post, there are many good people that can't find jobs, even with college experience (my father is a prime example, having gotten a degree in Accounting and he works for $8 an hour, a little more than minimum wage here in the United Socialists of America) and then turn to crime, drugs, and even contract killing, if not a combination of those and much more. It disgusts me, all the propoganda that the schools toss around. If I had a say in the government, which they couldn't give a fuck less for us 'peons', I would have school wiped off the face of the fucking planet.
But, I will give this advice to everyone; DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT. You'll only be assfucked in the end.
And also, with the drugs they use, they do not help. If anything, they make the situation worse for the person forced into it. I lied my way out of the mental hospital, as I was going mad in there. When I got home, I was terrible, even threatening to kill my mother and 'beat the living fuck' out of my father. My grades dropped from A's and B's (the work was too easy at that fucking school) to F's. By the end, I decided to try and apply a final solution. I attempted suicide (how, I would rather not tell, let's just say I still have circular scars from it) and, obviously, someone found me. After that, I spent time writing rap songs about murdering police officers, shooting the school up, killing the principal with the bomb, and then going down in a blaze of glory, with stories about killing people and mass-execution in between. Today, the thought of them send chills up my spine.
After my snoopy parents found these files, they were horrified. They looked into my drugs and found out that they were no good for me and then I was taken off of them.
But, one plus doesn't make up for a shitload of negatives...

666 Baby Annihilator.
06-24-2015 11:59 AM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

(06-24-2015 11:59 AM)thesupremeanarchist Wrote:  
(02-04-2012 03:38 PM)Sapphire Flames Wrote:  Sure, I hate school, yes, it goes against my principles, and despise many aspects of it.

Gah, fuck it.

Holy shit, I agree completely with you. But, unfortunately, you try to talk to your parents as to why you hate school and they say you hate education and play the 'Fake Sorrow' card, as well as 'Malicious Intent', 'Intimidation', and 'Threat' cards, among others.
And, since I spent some time in one of those 'mental facilities' after a teacher told me to draw how I felt about school (which I drew a cross-burning with the assistant principal on it and the American flag with a Nazi logo on it, with the caption 'Burn, fucker, burn!'). Really shows that they care for your feelings, now doesn't it? Basically, I decoded the picture as this in their thick skulls; 'I feel that America, with their Compulsory Education, has become more like a Hitler-era Germany (therefore the Nazi logo), and the image of the assistant principal on the burning cross was supposed to represent the school system, and how it is (the burning cross, although I am atheist now, was supposed to be from when I believed the lies about a higher power and the fact they took prayer out of school).
Hey, I can tell you that the teachers and principals, as Adam Sandler worded it in 'Assistant Principal's Big Day, 'Spank it with a thumb up [their] ass' and fuck the atheletes and very importat pricks, those cunts that flaunt their money.

Also, the parents all appparently love school, saying how it is a benefit and will help you get into college and get a good job. Well, it may seem very tantalizing at first, but like I said in a previous post, there are many good people that can't find jobs, even with college experience (my father is a prime example, having gotten a degree in Accounting and he works for $8 an hour, a little more than minimum wage here in the United Socialists of America) and then turn to crime, drugs, and even contract killing, if not a combination of those and much more. It disgusts me, all the propoganda that the schools toss around. If I had a say in the government, which they couldn't give a fuck less for us 'peons', I would have school wiped off the face of the fucking planet.
But, I will give this advice to everyone; DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT. You'll only be assfucked in the end.
And also, with the drugs they use, they do not help. If anything, they make the situation worse for the person forced into it. I lied my way out of the mental hospital, as I was going mad in there. When I got home, I was terrible, even threatening to kill my mother and 'beat the living fuck' out of my father. My grades dropped from A's and B's (the work was too easy at that fucking school) to F's. By the end, I decided to try and apply a final solution. I attempted suicide (how, I would rather not tell, let's just say I still have circular scars from it) and, obviously, someone found me. After that, I spent time writing rap songs about murdering police officers, shooting the school up, killing the principal with the bomb, and then going down in a blaze of glory, with stories about killing people and mass-execution in between. Today, the thought of them send chills up my spine.
After my snoopy parents found these files, they were horrified. They looked into my drugs and found out that they were no good for me and then I was taken off of them.
But, one plus doesn't make up for a shitload of negatives...

Holy shit that is horrible. Compulsory schooling is just fucking BS. I mean, we as humans learn more in our 1st 3-4 years of our lives then we do over the next 13-14 years (preschool is included, it starts the process). I mean, we learn how to babble, crawl, talk, walk, eat and become toilet-trained. So, we learn a TON without school. We would learn more without school.

I'll use an example. Let's say there's a kid named Joey. He's interested in electricity. He would learn about it by going to science museums and using kits. Maybe Joey would want to later become an electrical engineer. He would be interested in it.

Now let's put Joey into a school. He would be forced to learn facts about it, and not when he wants to. He'd have to wait a LONG time (until 5th grade, I think, in Ohio's curriculum) to learn about it. And by then he might not be interested in it/the teacher turns him off to it.

This is alot like what my art teacher from 6th grade, Mrs. Tucker, did to art for me. She taught me to hate it because she was a bitch. There is one prime example, which I have shared alot. It's about bacon on a jellybean mosaic. I decided to do bacon for it, and she said I couldn't. She said we could do whatever we wanted. And it was school-appropriate. I hate art and art classes now because of that.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
06-25-2015 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dikont5
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)

>thread started because the OP didn't want to necrobump shit
>is necrobumped

pls

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-26-2015 10:36 AM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 84 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(12-09-2011 04:48 AM)aCol Wrote:  So, by demotivating students, compulsory school is a crime against the human right of education (from my standpoint, anyway).

And therefore a crime against humanity

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual
incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and
marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

01-17-2017 01:41 AM