RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling my chemistry teacher ^_^
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
Trolling my chemistry teacher ^_^

I decided to troll my Chem teacher and do the homework with every single answer being written as intellectually/old timey as possible, but still containing the answers. My English teacher loved it and my friend is doing the same. Here's One of the questions and the answer I put:

"how does a covalent bond differ from an ionic bond?"

"the inquiry you have provided on this piece of reading material, to be quite frank, simply astounds me. Upon further investigation, I found a possible hypothesis, which is, good sir, that ionic bonds blatantly do not share so called "electrons", while said bonds of covalent nature indeed do share "electrons". I hope the hypothesis I have formulated has been of assistance in your quest for increasing your knowledge of chemistry."

Another one..

"how does a covalent bond form between two atoms?"

"the inexplicable properties of repulsion and attraction in the nuclei of the atoms in question are of excessive importance to the fabrication of said "covalent bonds". The constant "push and pull", if you will, is solely responsible for the synthesis of such bonds of covalent nature, my good chap."

I'll probably get a massive lecture about it, but what can he say? The answers are there, and I can say tons of things in my defense like I'm just putting more thought into the question or my therapist told me to write down my thoughts about things so thats what I did for the questions. He really can't say anything against it.
12-08-2011 05:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
RE: Trolling my chemistry teacher ^_^

I don't see how this is trolling.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
12-08-2011 06:07 AM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Because, instead of being more intelligent, you just sound like a bit of a classhole.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
12-08-2011 06:18 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(12-08-2011 06:07 AM)Elfy Wrote:  I don't see how this is trolling.

He absolutely hates it when people talk like that because it confuses him easily
12-08-2011 06:21 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

If your teacher got confused by that I would be pretty worried, lol.

12-08-2011 06:28 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Laugh

Yeah, there's nothing confusing about it, but it's hilarious. Biggrin

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-08-2011 06:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Sharpie, this is a dumb question, but are you in 8th grade?

Nemo me impune nocet.
12-08-2011 07:55 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

(12-08-2011 07:55 AM)Spiritus_Raptor Wrote:  Sharpie, this is a dumb question, but are you in 8th grade?

This.

Terrible troll is terrible. At most it annoys him a little bit, he doesn't bother marking it and goes on with his life.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-08-2011 02:54 PM
alexander144 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

God some of you are hard to impress. I thought it was pretty funny but trolling doesn't apply to everything as I hardly see how writing smart answers is going to annoy a teacher all that much.
12-09-2011 02:51 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Well, you must make the answers so hard to understand that they are right, cannot be interpred wrong and need a damn dictionary to translate them into "normal" english. Now that would a excessive use of high-quality words meaning the same shit as every other word, but only not so well known and harder to understand.
It would really fucking annoy me if I was a teacher and needed some dictionary for every second word by just correcting the test of a pupil.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-09-2011 04:20 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

I must confess I do find it an annoyance when people go out of their way just to incorporate big words into what they're saying and then proceed to clearly use it in the wrong context and show they do not understand the word at all...

I'm not having a bash at OP but just people in general. The best way to get your points across is to make them as simple as possible. When people try to make it sound complex combined with 'big' words it just doesn't work. When 'big' words are necessary you construct sentences simply.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 04:54 AM by Elfy.)
12-09-2011 04:53 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Have you ever read german literature (books on how something works, books on maths, books on german, books on english, books on physics)?
They use Glossary a non-scientific person would never understand. When you see a sand dry explanation about what happens when you let electricity flow through water [you obtain hydrogen at one pole and oxygen on another, afaik. Correct me when I am wrong] in a child experiment book, you know what's fucked up.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-09-2011 04:59 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Personally I think this is fucking great. Biggrin

---------------------
"Unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot."
12-09-2011 06:07 AM
Hendorne Endoh'roth Offline
Dogboy Prime

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

This would have been brilliant against my science teacher, he barely understands English and he doesn't even speak properly all the time. The only bad point is that it means you are doing more work than necessary.

I'm a therian, not a human, and I'm proud of it. No matter what others say, I will be strong.
12-09-2011 09:28 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(12-09-2011 09:28 PM)Hendorne Endohroth Wrote:  This would have been brilliant against my science teacher, he barely understands English and he doesn't even speak properly all the time. The only bad point is that it means you are doing more work than necessary.

Doing this actually made me WANT to do my chemistry homework and it made it somewhat entertaining, so the extra work was worth it
12-09-2011 10:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  We have a complete idiot as our chemistry teacher??? 8bitmusicislife 3 3,197 12-21-2016 03:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  [RANT] Chemistry experiments are bullshit RandomTroll 6 5,852 04-04-2013 08:20 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Almost fail my chemistry test for being thirty seconds late. Sharpie 12 5,679 02-09-2012 08:58 AM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  My chemistry teacher is so counterproductive Sharpie 9 4,421 12-06-2011 07:31 AM
Last Post: Stadium
  Chemistry teacher antman811 15 4,821 02-20-2009 02:15 AM
Last Post: Amortisatie
  How to master chemistry? psychopath 12 3,648 02-04-2009 12:29 PM
Last Post: mudkip liek