RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Diet
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
My Diet

Every day I eat
- flaxseed, 1 tbsp, for omega 3
- carrots, 75 grams, for vitamin A
- Total, 30 grams, for the 12 vitamins and minerals it has 100% of
- brazilnut, ~5 grams, for selenium

Then for protein
- chili beans, or
- soynuts

Then I eat fruits and vegetables such as
- apples
- bananas
- pears
- watermelon
- corn
- broccoli
- peas
- green beans
- cauliflower
- black-eyed peas
- radishes

And sometimes I eat this thing called "cranberry nut crunch" from Central Market (hippie store) that has cranberries, raisins, nuts, and pumpkins seeds in it.

I measure out the portions and write down what I eat and the calories every day. I started this diet on Sunday 11-27, 6 days ago. The first two days, I only ate like 500 calories because this healthy food is .really. filling. But on the third day, I took my blood pressure and it was going crazy. At one point it was 84/66 and my heart rate was 122. I didn't feel sick at all but, blood pressure is not supposed to be that low and the systolic and diastolic numbers are not supposed to be that close together, so since then I've been trying to get 1000 calories every day. More would probably be better, but I've been having to stuff myself right before going to bed just to get up to 1000. My blood pressure has been normal since then.

I started this kind of crazily strict diet for two reasons. One, I'm overweight, and I've been overweight for 7 years now and I'm fucking sick of it. Two, I need to break my addiction to food, which is part of why I've stayed overweight for 7 years. So I'm only eating the kinds of things that don't make me go crazy and want to eat 12 servings. I love rice, but rice is one of those foods I always over-ate on.

Thinking, "I can never have rice/pizza/whatever again," is horrible, so that's not what I'm doing. I'm letting myself have one thing not on my diet once a week. This week, since it was my dad's birthday, it was a tiny 1 in. by 1 in. piece of cake. I am going to eat junk food at xmas, but I'm going to plan ahead of time how much so that it will be controlled.

There's always Dr Pepper in my house, because my dad drinks it all the time, and I love Dr Pepper. Whenever I see it in the fridge, I want it... but I just think, "It's OK, I can have some at xmas."

I've been feeling really great. I feel good just not being stuffed with junkfood all the time. I don't feel horribly deprived all the time. The cravings are getting less often and less intense and it's only been 6 days. And, dude, I think my skin looks better... though that might just be my imagination.

Also, I drink water and black tea. Tea is yummie.

Oh, also, I walk 10 miles every day. I don't have a job or school or anything, so I have plenty of time for that. After xmas, I'm going to apply for jobs, so IDK how that will affect my exercise.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
12-04-2011 03:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
RE: My Diet

this sucks. Good luck counting calories and restricting.

Just beware, and hope you don't get an eating disorder like I did.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
12-04-2011 05:58 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-04-2011 05:58 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  this sucks. Good luck counting calories
Weighing the portions doesn't bother me.
Quote:and restricting.
Obviously I need to restrict what I eat because the whole "eat whatever I want" thing led me to be obese.

Quote:Just beware, and hope you don't get an eating disorder like I did.

What kind of eating disorder?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-04-2011 06:27 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-04-2011 06:27 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  
(12-04-2011 05:58 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  this sucks. Good luck counting calories
Weighing the portions doesn't bother me.
Quote:and restricting.
Obviously I need to restrict what I eat because the whole "eat whatever I want" thing led me to be obese.

Quote:Just beware, and hope you don't get an eating disorder like I did.

What kind of eating disorder?

Bullmia.

Basically breaking out into huge fits of eating, from restriction, and then feeling guilty and purging.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

12-04-2011 06:47 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Oh. Well, I'll watch out for that. Also my mom knows everything I eat.
Also, since I apparently didn't make this clear in the first post, I'm not restricting the number of calories I eat. I'm just not eating shit anymore. And healthy food is more filling per calorie.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 07:16 AM by Prince Rilian.)
12-04-2011 07:14 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Eventually even 1000 calories a day is probably going to make you feel like shit, but as long as you don't go much under that it's manageable.

I mean, I'm not going to pretend like it's the end of the world to restrict calories for a while to lose weight, but in the long-term eating healthy also means eating enough. I know shit depends on your metabolism or whatever, but I'm very short, have a small frame, and can only go like a week on a thousand calories a day before I start to feel weak and get tired easily. (For some reason it usually improves my mood somewhat, but it also makes me not really able to get anything done.) But honestly you'll probably have trouble consistently eating enough calories with just the things you said.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
12-04-2011 09:04 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

If that happens, then I'll add some other stuff.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-04-2011 09:10 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Are you a vegetarian???

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-04-2011 05:38 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(12-04-2011 05:38 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Are you a vegetarian???

OP is.

Also good luck.

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 05:49 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
12-04-2011 05:48 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

How about you just eat whatever you want, but burn the calories by running. I eat like a pig, but I workout so I don't gain a lot of fat.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-04-2011 06:11 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Meh, as long as OP isn't one of those white knight doushebag "don't hurt the animals" vegetarians.

12-04-2011 07:01 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(12-04-2011 07:01 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Meh, as long as OP isn't one of those white knight doushebag "don't hurt the animals" vegetarians.

Nah AFAIK

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-04-2011 07:02 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-04-2011 06:11 PM)Efs Wrote:  How about you just eat whatever you want, but burn the calories by running. I eat like a pig, but I workout so I don't gain a lot of fat.

Just don't eat any grains, or sugary high carbohydrate starches

Don't eat:
Grains
Sugar
potatoes

People get fat from eating grains, without even going over the calorie limit. It increases body fat. Because it causes your body to produce too much insulin.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 12:51 AM by SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT.)
12-05-2011 12:38 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

(12-04-2011 06:11 PM)Efs Wrote:  How about you just eat whatever you want, but burn the calories by running. I eat like a pig, but I workout so I don't gain a lot of fat.

No, this is fucking retarded. Diet is the MAIN FACTOR in whether or not you gain weight. Working out is only a contributing factor. Use running to shave off some of the extra calories but you can't rely solely on running.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
12-05-2011 01:00 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Here's my change in diet:

Just eat meats, green leafy vegetables and root vegetables ( potatoes excluded), and dairy ( just heavy cream, cheese, and butter), fats and oils, coconut oil, olive oil, NO VEGETABLE OILS.

12-05-2011 02:39 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-05-2011 02:39 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  NO VEGETABLE OILS.

Why?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-05-2011 03:30 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-05-2011 03:30 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 02:39 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  NO VEGETABLE OILS.

Why?

Because they aren't high in saturated fats. Like vegetable oil that come in a container isn't good for us.

Humans need saturated fats to feed the brain.

For instance if you choose to make eggs, fry those eggs in coconut oil, butter, or olive oil, just not these vegetable oil or palm oil.

You'l loose rapid weight loss because of lack of carbohydrates. But this is good because you'll have more energy.

Yeah carbs are really not good for us at all, they make are bodies produce so much insulin that regardless of how much we eat the energy automatically stores to fat, because your body is only working off the sugar. It ruins you pancreas, leads to heart disease, diabetes.

You should watch a documentary called Fat Head where I guy eats at fast-food places, but he only eats meats and sales from their and he looses like 7 pounds in three weeks.

If you tried to do this with carbs you'd loos like 2 pounds in 3 weeks.

Infact you eating however the much fuck you want and still loose weight.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 06:04 AM by SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT.)
12-05-2011 04:06 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

A nurse told me that humans don't need saturated fat at all. And your brain works on glucose.
(12-04-2011 07:02 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  
(12-04-2011 07:01 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Meh, as long as OP isn't one of those white knight doushebag "don't hurt the animals" vegetarians.

Nah AFAIK

I think eating animal products is morally questionable. I'm not sure if it's actually evil. I mainly decided not to eat meat anymore for health reasons.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 07:07 AM by Prince Rilian.)
12-05-2011 07:05 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(12-05-2011 07:05 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  A nurse told me that humans don't need saturated fat at all. And your brain works on glucose.

Nah AFAIK

I think eating animal products is morally questionable. I'm not sure if it's actually evil. I mainly decided not to eat meat anymore for health reasons.

I will be going to a steakhouse tonight and I will be enjoying a steak. Is that morally questionable? PL0X RILIAN, I MUST KNOW!

Nemo me impune nocet.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 08:19 AM by Spiritus_Raptor.)
12-05-2011 08:18 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

[Image: internet-memes-at-first-i-was-like-but-then-bacon.png]

12-05-2011 08:27 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Quote:A nurse told me that humans don't need saturated fat at all. And your brain works on glucose.

fuck that nurse

Watch on YouTube
Quote:A nurse told me that humans don't need saturated fat at all. And your brain works on glucose.

fuck that nurse

http://youtu.be/iCVo8HbDpXI

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 10:29 AM by SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT.)
12-05-2011 10:29 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-05-2011 08:18 AM)Spiritus_Raptor Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 07:05 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  A nurse told me that humans don't need saturated fat at all. And your brain works on glucose.

Nah AFAIK

I will be going to a steakhouse tonight and I will be enjoying a steak. Is that morally questionable? PL0X RILIAN, I MUST KNOW!

I get the feeling you think you're being clever.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-05-2011 11:39 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I just eat whats there (which is erm... pizza, bread, different kinds of sausage [real sausages like salami and stuff], noodels, some spinach-meat mixure filled noodle pockets, tortilini...come to think of it actually quite healthy) when I am hungry. Also, I try to eat what I feel like if I have the choice (which I mostly do). To drink almost only water, tea or juice (and from time to time a mass of energy drink ...) and, ofc, coffee. And I hold myself steady at 80Kg being 180 cm. I try to go swimming every Tuesday and I often do, but atm, school stresses me out. However, still steady Smile

You just have to look a little bit what you eat and how much you "train". I think measuring everything up is pure overkill.

Ever tried to go to McDonalds with a scale and a friend and measure out your daily needed calories and only eating those? Now I know you will probably not eat junky fast food (because of that a friend who does, we don't want to waste anything), but it would be hilarious. I'd love to see the reactions on the people around you.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-07-2011 10:18 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

When I go to a fastfood place, I just go by the nutrition information they provide.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-07-2011 10:29 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

How can you be sure the nutrition information if right? Biggrin

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-08-2011 12:23 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

FIXXXXX THE TAGGGGGGG!!!!!

12-08-2011 03:00 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I am totally clueless about nutrition and calories and whatnot.

But I've been riding my bike on average every second day now, and eating 33% less food, but making up for it by piling extra tomato/lettuce/cucumber on top of just about everything I eat.

The bike riding thing has been helping because pants that were horribly tight before now actually fit me. We'll see how the salad thing goes (just started doing that recently).

There is no way in hell I'm counting calories. xD

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-08-2011 05:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

I don't feel like it's even that hard to count calories. The foods that come with a nutrition label, you go by that, and I have a food scale, it's not difficult to put the food on the scale.

The foods that don't come with nutrition information, like apples and bananas, I just look up online. That's going to be less accurate, I suppose, but it's not that big of a deal.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-08-2011 05:48 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

vegetarian. Lol. You know that shit makes you soooo weak right? Eat some fucking bacon.

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
12-08-2011 06:37 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-08-2011 06:37 AM)Alucard483 Wrote:  vegetarian. Lol. You know that shit makes you soooo weak right?
No, because it doesn't.
Quote:Eat some fucking bacon.

I love bacon. But I don't eat it anymore.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-08-2011 08:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Acne and Diet James Comey 16 4,744 02-03-2015 02:18 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  south beach diet cp 9 6,457 10-13-2011 07:16 PM
Last Post: Efs