RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIRACY MADNESS!
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
PIRACY MADNESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igi-IhLC...vmDcotFJKP

Yes my friends if you buy a pirated dvd you contribute to DRUG DEALERS, PEOPLE LOSING JOBS, CHILD LABOR, GANG VIOLENCE, AND AND AND DEATH!!!!!!!

Fuck this shit look at where my tax dollars are going. This is why I don't support taxation sorry! Thank god for the internet. The government can no longer make bullshit commercials and most people will believe it. The facts are laid out on the internet.

If the internet existed during the beginning of the drug war I bet it would not have gotten far.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2011 07:16 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
12-03-2011 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
RE: PIRACY MADNESS!

Seriously..
I remember watching old anti drug commercials and couldn't believe people were and are this stupid. You should look for "don't copy that floppy and its sequel."

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-03-2011 07:48 AM
MG917 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Who the fuck BUYS pirated stuff?
12-03-2011 08:15 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(12-03-2011 08:15 AM)MG917 Wrote:  Who the fuck BUYS pirated stuff?

Yea this too.

I love how they just had to include children. Just to tug at heart strings. Too bad I think child labor should be legal. Except of course with the same pay and protections as adults. It'd help a lot of poorer families out. Instead of having them sit rotting in schools or hanging in streets trying to act thug.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-03-2011 08:24 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

This is depressing.

No, this is Patrick.
12-03-2011 08:29 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(12-03-2011 08:24 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  I love how they just had to include children. Just to tug at heart strings. Too bad I think child labor should be legal. Except of course with the same pay and protections as adults. It'd help a lot of poorer families out. Instead of having them sit rotting in schools or hanging in streets trying to act thug.

Same here on all accounts.
I wished I learned trade or something useful with the years they made me waste in high school and some middle school.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-03-2011 08:36 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

I'm so glad I already have the stuff I got off torrent already on my computer. The gubments is going after the internets and its only a matter of time.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-03-2011 04:55 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-03-2011 05:57 PM