RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
A Tribute

They held me in a small white room. I sat in front a white table and a empty white chair. Behind the empty chair was a white door which I came through and a camera in the right corner.

I honestly don't know why I'm here. I filled out this survey thing they were doing in the area and I'm in a desperate situation financially.

I couldn't watch TV because they didn't put one in here and I had nothing else to do so I twiddled my thumbs and that went on for about ten minutes (Not joking), until the door slowly opened. In came in this man, perhaps fifty. He was graying everywhere but his beard which was still a dark black. He wore this black sweater-thing; I've never seen it before. I stared at him for a while, but he never once did look at me.

He instead flipped through some papers that were attached to a clipboard, dropped it on the table and pulled the available chair in front of me. He folded his hands then looked at me with an emotionless expression on his face. I didn't want to give him any false impressions of me, so we just stared at each other, awkwardly enough, for a few more seconds until he spoke.

"You're probably wondering why you're here," he said to me.

"Yeah, in fact I do," I replied.

He flipped through the papers again.

"You need some money, am I right?" he asked me without looking up

"Yes I do. How much are you guys actually giving out."

"$5,000"

A smiled. Five grand wouldn't pay off all my debts, but it would greatly help a lot.

"Fine, what do I have to do?" I asked

"A test," he told me

"Okay, where is it?"

"No. Its not a paper test, its a verbal one."

"Okay, lets do it," I told him

"But no one has completed this test. After we start you can't leave until we're done," he told me

"Can't be that bad," I said

"Okay. Fine enough. Just one question."

"What is it?"

"Why do you live?"

"I'm sorry?"

"What do you live for?"

I didn't reply to him because honestly, I didn't know myself.

"Says here you have clinical depression, am I wrong?"

No," I replied.

He stopped for a second to write something down.

"So why are you depressed?", he asked

"Well you should know as much as I do that life is meaningless. And when people break out of their little bubbles, they'll realize this too. And all their hopes, dreams, and desires are only distractions from the big picture: That life pretty much sucks, " I concluded.

"So a person of your type would be quick and unresistant to kill themselves, would they not? There's nothing worth living for, right?"

"Right," I replied

"So why not you?"

I didn't reply.

"Perhaps there is something you want to get out of life meaning there is something worth living for that keeps you alive. Or perhaps you don't want to let someone down, your mother? You father? Sisters, brothers, friends? Maybe you're just scared. Scared of that unknowable void that awaits you when you do," he concluded

"I just can't bring myself to do it."

"So you are scared?"

I hesitated "Yes."

"What does this have to do with anything anyway?" I demanded. I was getting tired of these pointless questions.

"In do time it will all come together. Now, a few more questions."

"No, why haven't you killed yourself already?" I asked. I decided to turn this all on him now.

"I have no reason to."

"And why not?" I asked him

"You see there is purpose for man and that purpose is power," he told me.

"So you want to rule the world, huh? You have a idea and you wish to spread it. You guys are so typical," I said

"You didn't let me finish. Power is not to be spread. Its not like some virus that spreads to everything. No. Power is to be held, to be used, but only in those who truly know how to use it. And yes you are correct. We do set out to rule the world. Your attempts to degrade us failed because I see nothing wrong with that."

"But you will die and people like you will die. And your delusions of grandiose will die horribly."

"The man may die, but the idea won't. It will simply be passed on. We will live on for that reason."

"How can you even say these things??? Everyone who tried to rule the world failed miserably and their descendants have failed too," I said

"They were arrogant, stupid fools who went against nations of equal strength or greater. Why goes against enemies when they can become your allies. That being said, we've already become allies with many nations. And it won't be long until a global elite is formed," he said.

"This is bullshit," I chuckled off "And what will you do with this "power?" Most people don't even know what to do with it."

"Power can only be created by obedience. And the only way to obtain obedience is by two ways. Love can make someone obedient, but only for a short period of time. The person will then question why they are loyal to them in the first place or even move on to someone else. The other is by suffering. Drill Sargents do this all the time. You tear the man down, not only physically but mentally as well. Take away their ability to fight; take away their hopes, their dreams, their goals and you build them back up in the way you want them to. People are already going with this. You see it everyday. The Television is the new mothers and fathers of this world. The TV scares people: "Ten people were killed in an explosion", a" new super-virus has emerged, "if you don't buy this, people won't like you", and so on. Its beats them down; makes them mailable. People then put their trust in the Television because it makes them feel safe; it seemingly has all the answers to the problems it caused. It tells you how to dress, what to eat, what to buy, how to look, what to hate, what to love, and so on. And who controls the TV? We do. People will go along with this. And history has shown that it doesn't take much to sway the opinions and decisions of the people. Pearl Harbor, the red scare, 9/11, ETC. We can have a disaster happen right now if we wanted. The people will helplessly fall into our demands. "

He went on.

"And the first thing of business is our population control plan. The people are already going along with this. We just brainwashed them, told them that we're running out of resources when we're not. Told them we're running out of food, water and living space, when we're not. And we blame it all on over-population. For our new world, the population will have to be reduced. 7 billion is way, way too many people. We don't want that many people around to start any trouble. 750 million suits us fine. By controlling food, water and other resources, we says who gets who and we says who lives and who dies. We'll first start by weeing things off of third world countries, where most of the population emerges from. They'll die a slow death and they'll be out of the way and no one will notice, nor care about them and their dirty, uncivilized ways. And we will control reproduction as well so no one can reproduce as much they would like. And if we have to, we'll sexual intercourse as horrific as possible so no one does it without orders."

He went on.

"Most people would love to live in a utopia, but you can't have a utopian world, you just can't. People will be smart enough and greedy enough to overthrow everything. You must have dystopian-totalitarianistic world. A world where the minds of the people are beaten down constantly so you can control and closely watch them. You must not have intelligence flowing, nor love, nor god. These would bring a revolution. Hate and ignorance must be the norm and you can see its happening now. There must be only fear, hatred, anger and loyal in our world and you must only be loyal to us. That's power. " He concluded

"And you think people are just going go with this?" I asked "And what about me? I can just go out and tell people about this. A revolution will happen."

"Your kind are already being hunted down and its happening as we speak. The masses are doing an excellent job, just like we taught them. They're weening out the undesirables; weening out the ones who think they can say or do whatever they want. See? Look at you. We've gotten to you too.Cameras are being set up everywhere to monitor people; to make sure they aren't doing anything wrong. And if they do, they'll quickly be arrested. Make no mistake, we will have conformity and will will have subservience. "

"And you expect people not to see this?"

"Yes."

"Your a fool. What about the internet?"

"Who will believe a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists anyway? They'll be taken care of soon enough and so will the internet. "

"So what about me, huh?"

"We won't kill you, you'll be "encouraged" to commit suicide. And if not, you'll be converted back into the masses. And you thought this meeting we have here was only it? This is happening everywhere."

"So that's why no one made it out here."

"Bingo," he told me

I pushed back the chair and walked to the door. I intended to leave. He didn't bother to turn to look at me.

"You can't leave. The doors have been sealed shut. I told you, you can't leave until we're done."

"What can I do to leave then?"

"Come take a seat."

I turned back around and sat back down.

"Perfect."

He pulled out a pistol from his pocket and slid it my way.

"Here's your chance. You wanna leave this "awful cruel" world behind? Go ahead. Do it. You're not needed anyway. Our plans will go on with or without you. This is one of many ways to end your kind. Or you can join us. Its your choice."

I stared at the gun for a second then looked back to him.

"And don't get your hopes up. There's only one bullet in there. And please believe me that I'm protected."

I sunk back into my seat for a second or two, before staring at the gun and then at him with much rage, much anger, and much sadness. I wiped a tear from my eye and sat straight up. It was then when I made my decision....

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 04:21 AM by Miller0700.)
11-25-2011 03:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: A Tribute

Moar?

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-26-2011 04:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.