RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space exploration-benefits
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)
Space exploration-benefits

This has been discussed before, but I wanted to discuss the benefits. Would space exploration, and expansion, be a "good" thing for humanity? By good I mean good for the longevity of humanity, and individual humans.

Would it really end war? Doubt it. There are definitely financial benefits for those involved, but I'm talking about how it would help everybody.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 12:18 AM by psychopath.)
11-24-2011 12:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Space exploration-benefits

Quote:Space exploration is a half-century endeavor that attempts to understand and venture into the realms of space. If someone were to name one of the biggest and most famous space agencies, NASA would come to mind. With a budget of $17.6 billion dollars, the agency is able to accomplish a great deal in space as well as the sky. But a question arises, what about down there? Why are we so excited about going into space, but hesitant to explore the planet beneath us? Why does NASA get so much funding, while the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the United States Geological Survey (USGS) receive far less? And space exploration is a great tool for understand the universe around us, but why not explore the planet itself as well?

We have better maps of our moon, Mars and even Venus, but maps of the ocean floor are lacking. Why?

Previously known as Derchin.
11-24-2011 12:31 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

I don't want to be an ass, but we're discussing the advantages(or disadvantages...) of space exploration, not alternative things to spend money on lol.

Basically, if you think it's pointless, tell me why you think so. These discussions are usually dominated by comments like "well we could spend the money on curing diseases etc", so I'm curious why people think space expansion is either a good thing or a waste of time.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 12:35 AM by psychopath.)
11-24-2011 12:33 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

In that case

"Technology - During the past 30 years, space program technology has resulted in more than 1,500 commercial products, including rain water purification systems for developing countries, satellite radio, digital and satellite television, cell phone technology, cordless tools, and GPS navigation in the family car, boat and even on the family farm.

Innovation - A survey of 146 senior executives by Christian & Timbers in 2004 found that 69% agreed with a prediction that the Vision for Space Exploration would drive new technology and boost venture capital markets.

Medical - Digital hearing aids, miniature heart pumps, cancer detection devices, common smoke detectors, fire-resistant aircraft seats, safety grooving on roads, LASIK eye surgery, humanitarian demining devices, and numerous other medical and safety devices and improvements trace their origins to space technology.

Economy - Just 15 firms that received an initial $64 million in NASA life sciences research and added $200 million of their own money created a $1.5 billion return on investment in the form of sold commercial goods and services during 25 years (Space Policy Institute at George Washington University).

Environment - We have learned more about our home planet and how best to preserve and protect it due to improved software and imaging developed from the space program. Space technology is responsible for rainwater purification systems for developing countries and numerous environmentally friendly products."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_b...z1eXYz1h3p

11-24-2011 12:54 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(11-24-2011 12:15 AM)psychopath Wrote:  This has been discussed before, but I wanted to discuss the benefits. Would space exploration, and expansion, be a "good" thing for humanity? By good I mean good for the longevity of humanity, and individual humans.

Would it really end war? Doubt it. There are definitely financial benefits for those involved, but I'm talking about how it would help everybody.

If it wasn't payed for with stolen taxpayer money, space exploration would be an awesome thing for humanity.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
11-24-2011 03:02 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

I think it is going to be very necessary for the longevity of humanity. A lot of the members here would rather see humans die off than continue on to other planets and colonize, but I think that's fucking stupid. Life is pretty rare, and arguably the most important thing in the universe. We should definitely spread out. Would it stop war? Doubt it. WW4 or some shit will be between two planets, lol, instead of just two countries. Will it cure diseases, eh, maybe. I doubt we'll find TOO many different compounds and substances, though, the universe seems to be made up of mostly the same shit...

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
11-24-2011 03:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

If Humanity has the ability to expand to other worlds then it must.

Our world is getting smaller to us, there are few places left to explore or conquer, every inch of it is claimed by someone. We could take Life to countless planets, we could spread our environment across the universe and create innumerable homes for the human race.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 03:56 AM by Liquid.)
11-24-2011 03:55 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Eventually we will need to master space travel to survive. I think it is an awesome endeavor. Too bad I will be long dead before they even make a serious attempt at colonizing other planets.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
11-24-2011 07:27 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I used to have some space sim, where they reasoned that there were air pockets under the rocks, huge amounts of water frozen in the south pole of the moon, and tons of precious minerals.

I researched this and found it to be true. So basically, if we could get to the moon, just mine the resources and pay for colonization and future missions with that. Plus, it would provide a ton of new jobs.

Not to mention there would probably be a lot of willing participants to go up. This would free up some space for us down here. If we could get a few American research and drilling sites up there, we could help the economy.

Nemo me impune nocet.
11-25-2011 01:48 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1roP52Py...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
11-25-2011 02:35 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

I want to have sex with a hot alien.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
11-26-2011 09:52 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(11-26-2011 09:52 PM)Efs Wrote:  I want to have sex with a hot alien.

Mass Effect

No, this is Patrick.
11-30-2011 10:00 AM
xydougie Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Thumbs Up RE: Space exploration-benefits

Not now

We need to focus on the shit popping up around us. And what's the point anyway? It'd be infinitely more cost effective to put robots in space that are either automated or controlled by us down here.

Putting flesh and blood in orbit is extremely expensive compared to simple , expendable circuitry

Not to mention all the liability and long term effects with putting humans in space
[/quote]

Or get rid of NASA and make private space companies. It'll help the economy and it'll cut taxes dramatically
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 12:27 PM by xydougie.)
12-02-2011 12:24 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

No benefits at all. Sociopaths are just going to try to dominate the universe as they are the planet, and this will lead to yet another destroyed planet.

Astronomy is stupid, they are just trying to dominate space and make it a resources to develop new technologies, it's all about the realm.

But fuck it we're pretty much doomed anyway. I mean honestly. All this new space world inhabited by humans is a complete fantasy.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
12-03-2011 09:53 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(12-03-2011 09:53 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  No benefits at all. Sociopaths are just going to try to dominate the universe as they are the planet, and this will lead to yet another destroyed planet.

Astronomy is stupid, they are just trying to dominate space and make it a resources to develop new technologies, it's all about the realm.

But fuck it we're pretty much doomed anyway. I mean honestly. All this new space world inhabited by humans is a complete fantasy.

Astronomy isn't stupid, I love astronomy. I love to learn about the mysteries of the universe...

12-03-2011 07:26 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-03-2011 07:26 PM)Efs Wrote:  
(12-03-2011 09:53 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  No benefits at all. Sociopaths are just going to try to dominate the universe as they are the planet, and this will lead to yet another destroyed planet.

Astronomy isn't stupid, I love astronomy. I love to learn about the mysteries of the universe...

No one will ever find out the mysteries of the universe. Astronomy only explores the physical dimension,objects, and chemistry but doesn't shed life on purpose, or why they are the way they are. Besides NASA'S only trying to find new resources to exploit and lifeforms to dominate and destroy. The shit is basically set on competing against other countries, and creating more scientists to add to the ignored sociopath cult.

The theories and studies of astronomy in itself are pretty useless, if not everybody can use it.

People used to use the stars and sky to navigate and find their ways home and to different destinations.

But now most can barely see the starry sky anymore, so we put all our faith into these scientist on mars, when we forget that it is also scientists that are making these skies so unclear.

I wouldn't based all of my faith on astronomy. People have been predicting earthquakes and eclipse's and shit before and without almanacs throughout time.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

12-03-2011 10:52 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Astronomy is stupid,

No its not, you just don't understand it.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  they are just trying to dominate space and make it a resources to develop new technologies, it's all about the realm.

How the hell can we dominate something we can't even reach?

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  But fuck it we're pretty much doomed anyway. I mean honestly. All this new space world inhabited by humans is a complete fantasy.

It really isn't. We have people orbiting the planet as we speak and plan to have them back on the moon or mars by end of the decade. Its no where near a fantasy.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  No one will ever find out the mysteries of the universe.

Yet.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Besides NASA'S only trying to find new resources to exploit and lifeforms to dominate and destroy. The shit is basically set on competing against other countries, and creating more scientists to add to the ignored sociopath cult.

No its not. You need to cut this shit out now.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  But now most can barely see the starry sky anymore, so we put all our faith into these scientist on mars,

There's no scientists on mars.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  when we forget that it is also scientists that are making these skies so unclear.

That's bullshit. Pollution causes unclean skies.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  I wouldn't based all of my faith on astronomy.

You don't know a damn thing on astronomy. You try to lump everything into this "super conspiracy cult", when they're not. You can't accept that some things actually exist to help benefit humans and earth.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 01:49 AM by Miller0700.)
12-04-2011 01:46 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Hooray for Derchin!

Nemo me impune nocet.
12-04-2011 02:20 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-04-2011 01:46 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Astronomy is stupid,

No its not, you just don't understand it.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  they are just trying to dominate space and make it a resources to develop new technologies, it's all about the realm.

How the hell can we dominate something we can't even reach?

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  But fuck it we're pretty much doomed anyway. I mean honestly. All this new space world inhabited by humans is a complete fantasy.

It really isn't. We have people orbiting the planet as we speak and plan to have them back on the moon or mars by end of the decade. Its no where near a fantasy.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  No one will ever find out the mysteries of the universe.

Yet.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Besides NASA'S only trying to find new resources to exploit and lifeforms to dominate and destroy. The shit is basically set on competing against other countries, and creating more scientists to add to the ignored sociopath cult.

No its not. You need to cut this shit out now.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  But now most can barely see the starry sky anymore, so we put all our faith into these scientist on mars,

There's no scientists on mars.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  when we forget that it is also scientists that are making these skies so unclear.

That's bullshit. Pollution causes unclean skies.

(12-03-2011 10:52 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  I wouldn't based all of my faith on astronomy.

You don't know a damn thing on astronomy. You try to lump everything into this "super conspiracy cult", when they're not. You can't accept that some things actually exist to help benefit humans and earth.

Yes I am right, scientists just want to command the universe to jump through hoops. They are making everyone jump through hoops.

Scientists cause pollution remember. And it is a conspired cult. People rely on all their knowledge from these institutions and cults, they can't even think for themselves.

I used to be into astronomy also, but realized it's all just about domination, competition, and finding ways to exploit it. We don't even use the information we know to be beneficial.

What's satellite compared to being actually to know, and navigate with the stars in the sky and see all of them?

I know what I'm talking about do you? Scientists are capitalists, they are a religious cult.

Engineering
Computer science
Astronomics
Physics
even architecture

they are all capitalists.

Besides it only gives descriptions of the physical world, and this physical world only in use to their advantage.

Science is sociopathy. Firstly, they deny all the shitty things they have done, all the lifeforms they have tortured, and all evil inventions they have brought to the world.They eliminate all other possibilities of knowledge of the world, and force everything to lead back to their distant powers.

" The point of science- and this may or may not be true of individual scientists- is to make the world subject to human domination. If they can abstract, and then they can predict on the basis of that abstraction, then they can try, at both the human and natural levels, to use that prediction in order to exert control...

" Think about it. I mean, what is a laboratory experiment? At the beginning one must select from the multiplicity of objects and relations that constitute the world a slice to study. How do you conduct a laboratory experiment? The first thing you do is factor out the world. You factor out emotion. You factor out ethics. You factor out nature, if you want to put it that way. You factor out cosmos. You create a situation of strict abstraction. From that, we think we can extrapolate propositions which correspond to the world and it's phenomena. Or rather, scientists think that. And these propositions do correspond to the world, so long as we ignore the actual physical world and it's context." - Stanley Arrowitz excerpt from Dreams by Derrick Jensen

Science has not benefited humans are earth at all.You may go into so called "medicinal" fields, but really they've only cured or stopped that which they have created.

12-04-2011 05:43 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(12-04-2011 05:43 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Yes I am right,

Nope.

(12-04-2011 05:43 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  scientists just want to command the universe to jump through hoops. They are making everyone jump through hoops.

How does one go by "commanding the universe to jump through hoops?"
I would love to see it.

(12-04-2011 05:43 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Scientists cause pollution remember. And it is a conspired cult. People rely on all their knowledge from these institutions and cults, they can't even think for themselves.

[Image: face-palm-demotivational-poster-1233926135.jpg]

(12-04-2011 05:43 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  I used to be into astronomy also, but realized it's all just about domination, competition, and finding ways to exploit it. We don't even use the information we know to be beneficial.

What's satellite compared to being actually to know, and navigate with the stars in the sky and see all of them?

I know what I'm talking about do you? Scientists are capitalists, they are a religious cult.

Above.

(12-04-2011 05:43 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Engineering
Computer science
Astronomics
Physics
even architecture

they are all capitalists.

Besides it only gives descriptions of the physical world, and this physical world only in use to their advantage.

Science is sociopathy. Firstly, they deny all the shitty things they have done, all the lifeforms they have tortured, and all evil inventions they have brought to the world.They eliminate all other possibilities of knowledge of the world, and force everything to lead back to their distant powers.

" The point of science- and this may or may not be true of individual scientists- is to make the world subject to human domination. If they can abstract, and then they can predict on the basis of that abstraction, then they can try, at both the human and natural levels, to use that prediction in order to exert control...

" Think about it. I mean, what is a laboratory experiment? At the beginning one must select from the multiplicity of objects and relations that constitute the world a slice to study. How do you conduct a laboratory experiment? The first thing you do is factor out the world. You factor out emotion. You factor out ethics. You factor out nature, if you want to put it that way. You factor out cosmos. You create a situation of strict abstraction. From that, we think we can extrapolate propositions which correspond to the world and it's phenomena. Or rather, scientists think that. And these propositions do correspond to the world, so long as we ignore the actual physical world and it's context." - Stanley Arrowitz excerpt from Dreams by Derrick Jensen

Science has not benefited humans are earth at all.You may go into so called "medicinal" fields, but really they've only cured or stopped that which they have created.

I don't feel like going over this shit again so....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fN_DHh9hZYc/Tc...926135.jpg

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 06:21 AM by Miller0700.)
12-04-2011 06:20 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Quote:How does one go by "commanding the universe to jump through hoops?"
I would love to see it.

Through torturing, ripping apart, dividing, hyper-simplifying,numbering, and basically taking the objective parts of it, using that as a part of reductionistic instead of holistic approach, and making these living things subject to their intentions.

And in these cases these intentions are merely financial. Examples: prozac, vivisection, computers, sugar, television, nuclear weaponry, and many many more.

12-04-2011 06:54 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(12-04-2011 06:54 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Through torturing, ripping apart, dividing, hyper-simplifying,numbering, and basically taking the objective parts of it, using that as a part of reductionistic instead of holistic approach, and making these living things subject to their intentions.

And these places that we monitor is Light-years away, just to remind you.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 07:16 AM by Miller0700.)
12-04-2011 07:16 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-04-2011 07:16 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(12-04-2011 06:54 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Through torturing, ripping apart, dividing, hyper-simplifying,numbering, and basically taking the objective parts of it, using that as a part of reductionistic instead of holistic approach, and making these living things subject to their intentions.

And these places that we monitor is Light-years away, just to remind you.

We're monitoring those things with technologies, that were birthed through total destruction.
And what are we monitoring them for? To just be able to control more.

And if you think science isn't faith because you say it has evidence, then you are wrong because science only basis it's evidence off of

"getting things to jump through hoops on command"

If you force something to jump through hoops, and then predict that it will jump through hoops that is not truth or real evidence, the only evidence it is, is if you force something to jump through hoops on command it will most likely jump through those hoops.

12-04-2011 01:37 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:If you force something to jump through hoops, and then predict that it will jump through hoops that is not truth or real evidence, the only evidence it is, is if you force something to jump through hoops on command it will most likely jump through those hoops.

That isn't real science. That is someone trying to force an outcome to conform to their beliefs.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-04-2011 01:42 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(12-04-2011 01:37 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  And what are we monitoring them for? To just be able to control more.

And how the fuck are we gonna do that might I ask? Like I said these things a light years away. You're mistaking understanding something with dominating it and its getting really frustrating trying to tell you the difference.

(12-04-2011 01:37 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  And if you think science isn't faith because you say it has evidence, then you are wrong because science only basis it's evidence off of

That doesn't equate it to a faith.

I'm not gonna have this argument with you anymore. I'm really not.

12-04-2011 01:44 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(12-04-2011 01:44 PM)Derchin Wrote:  
(12-04-2011 01:37 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  And what are we monitoring them for? To just be able to control more.

And how the fuck are we gonna do that might I ask? Like I said these things a light years away. You're mistaking understanding something with dominating it and its getting really frustrating trying to tell you the difference.

(12-04-2011 01:37 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  And if you think science isn't faith because you say it has evidence, then you are wrong because science only basis it's evidence off of

That doesn't equate it to a faith.

I'm not gonna have this argument with you anymore. I'm really not.

You're the one who's mistaking understanding with domination. You don't force something to jump through hoops on command to understand it. To understand something you must observe and immerse yourself with it.

Understanding isn't subjecting it to your will or tests, or experiments, that's control.

Getting things to jump through hoops on command isn't faith, but if you believe that the results "boost your claim to truth" and that is the only truth, thus forth that is faith.

Scientific truth, is true in it's only realm and method of going about the world, and it is centered around a religious cult of beliefs concerning reality.

So fuck off.

12-04-2011 02:06 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(12-04-2011 02:06 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  You're the one who's mistaking understanding with domination. You don't force something to jump through hoops on command to understand it. To understand something you must observe and immerse yourself with it.

And that's what there doing. Oh my god, how do you not realize this??

(12-04-2011 02:06 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Getting things to jump through hoops on command isn't faith, but if you believe that the results "boost your claim to truth" and that is the only truth, thus forth that is faith.

And again you don't get it. Its not faith if you have evidence to back you up. You're confusing faith with wishful thinking.

(12-04-2011 02:06 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Scientific truth, is true in it's only realm and method of going about the world, and it is centered around a religious cult of beliefs concerning reality.

Do I have to bring out the facepalm link again?

(12-04-2011 02:06 PM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  So fuck off.

You fuck off.

12-04-2011 02:13 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

SHOTGUN heart, how is "science capitalism"? lol?
Are you a hippy?

Technology isn't some "CONSPIRACY THAT'S LEAD BY FASCISTS AND COOPORATIONS WHO ARE GAHN TAKE OVER THE WORLD IF WE DONT GROW OUR HAIR LONG AND SMELL LIKE SHIT."

God I can't even be stuffed arguing.

12-04-2011 06:04 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

fucking humans, how do they work

Honestly I don't understand your stance SHOTGUNHEART, maybe something due to how everyone in society shits on you and you find enjoyment walking in woods or something, but other than that... though I'm also too lazy to read through the wall of text, maybe I will later.

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 06:07 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
12-04-2011 06:06 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Did shotgunheart really have to infect this thread?
12-04-2011 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unemployment benefits in united states have ended today laichi 11 2,604 12-09-2010 11:27 AM
Last Post: Raikuron
  The benefits of fiction. Gaiyara 5 1,496 03-04-2009 07:28 PM
Last Post: dragon