RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why should I be productive to society?
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Why should I be productive to society?

(11-17-2011 03:21 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  You wouldn't listen anyway as was the case with Derchin.

Huh?

Previously known as Derchin.
11-18-2011 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

You would logically refute her points. She's basically just respond with "nuh uh"

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
11-18-2011 09:45 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

(11-17-2011 03:21 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  The shit you say is insanely stupid. It'd be like you saying, "Gravity is EVIL and a scientist concept that ruins mankind!" I'd call you a fucking idiot. your arguments don't deserve a logical response. You wouldn't listen anyway as was the case with Derchin.

I'm not against acquiring the systematic knowledge of things!

I'm just against the philosophies, inventions, and the entire reductionist view to reality.

Yeah you can tear everything to shreds, and make it jump through hoops, and call it a scientific truth.

But truth expands beyond the 'commanding truths' of science.

And I'm damn tired of people thinking that christianity and science are enemies when really they are a phony argument.

And it seems like your the only person besides Ayliana that has to refute themselves to name calling and attacking people personally on the internet misleadingly.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2011 10:12 AM by SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT.)
11-19-2011 10:09 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-19-2011 10:09 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Yeah you can study everything and analyze it, and call it a scientific truth.

Fix'd

(11-19-2011 10:09 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  But truth expands beyond the 'commanding truths' of science.

Three things that pretty much allowed people to understand truth (So far): Philosophy, math and science.

(11-19-2011 10:09 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  And I'm damn tired of people thinking that christianity and science are enemies when really they are a phony argument.

Somewhat agree.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2011 10:17 AM by Miller0700.)
11-19-2011 10:14 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(11-19-2011 10:14 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(11-19-2011 10:09 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Yeah you can study everything and analyze it, and call it a scientific truth.

Fix'd

(11-19-2011 10:09 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  But truth expands beyond the 'commanding truths' of science.

Three things that pretty much allowed people to understand truth (So far): Philosophy, math and science.

(11-19-2011 10:09 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  And I'm damn tired of people thinking that christianity and science are enemies when really they are a phony argument.

Somewhat agree.

Commanding shit to go through hoops that's all it is.

We don't need science. It's totally fucked us over. Humans aren't even as intelligent as we were at the start of civilization.

We rely on information, information isn't knowledge. We don't know anything about the world around us the only knowledge attainable is through information.

Do you not see a problem with that? If we truly understood the earth, then we wouldn't be destroying it right now, and running on nonrenewable resources. Civilization is suicide, it's biological warfare.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 08:23 AM by SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT.)
11-20-2011 08:23 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  We don't need science.

We don't need it, but its useful.

Quote:The premise of not needing science is ridiculous, and infinitely hypocritical given that you enjoy the benefits it gives you in everyday life without even realizing it.

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Humans aren't even as intelligent as we were at the start of civilization.

Because we din't have science.

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  "We rely on information, information isn't knowledge. We don't know anything about the world around us the only knowledge attainable is through information.

WHAT. THE. FUCK

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Do you not see a problem with that?

I see a problem with your logic.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 08:56 AM by Miller0700.)
11-20-2011 08:52 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

(11-20-2011 08:52 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  We don't need science.

We don't need it, but its useful.

Quote:The premise of not needing science is ridiculous, and infinitely hypocritical given that you enjoy the benefits it gives you in everyday life without even realizing it.

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Humans aren't even as intelligent as we were at the start of civilization.

Because we din't have science.

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  "We rely on information, information isn't knowledge. We don't know anything about the world around us the only knowledge attainable is through information.

WHAT. THE. FUCK

(11-20-2011 08:23 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Do you not see a problem with that?

I see a problem with your logic.

Excuse me for my dramatic fuck up. I meant to say that humans weren't as intelligent as we were before civilization, well those of that stayed out of civilization were fine.

When I say information I'm talking about receiving knowledge as through ways of artificial intelligence and forms susceptible to corruption and bias.

Like instead of studying, and seeing things for ourselves we get our knowledge from technology, like the written word, and so, but really in the basis of the definition of what knowledge is, we don't really know these things.

It's a complex column of thought but it just demonstrates another reason we don't need industrial technology, and that it actually sets us back.

Haha, it's so funny, you have no idea what I'm talking about, but yeah my brain has gone pretty far this past months.

11-20-2011 09:03 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

As long as you don't violate anyone else's rights, you are being a productive member of society.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
11-21-2011 05:40 AM
Kim Jong Il Offline
Best Leader

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

ITT lazy burger eating slobs trying to justify their inactivity and a stupid hippie who has escaped from the 60s

[Image: north-korea.gif]
Best Country in the World Represent
11-22-2011 01:54 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

mmmmmmm burgers

No, this is Patrick.
11-29-2011 01:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Being productive youvebeenthunderstruck 16 3,257 05-27-2008 10:39 AM
Last Post: Will