RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a nonconformist?
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)
Re: Are you a nonconformist?

It was made by a contractor the government. Not specifically the military.
As for GPS and cell phones I think the world would be a better place without them.
The way I see it is dying for a piece of land simply because you were born on it is fucking stupid, nationalism is stupid and so is militarism.
12-21-2010 03:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 1243617757571.jpg]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 1250844646373.jpg]

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-21-2010 03:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

win Laugh
12-21-2010 04:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Uh no, not win
12-21-2010 05:53 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

lol I found it amusing. Also, Mad props to that guy.

[Image: 1292879728886.jpg]
12-21-2010 07:11 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:
Thought Criminal Wrote:
MorikoMisa Wrote:Right now I'm wearing probably the most beautiful foundation and cover up combo I've ever worn (Seriously my skin looks flawless like this.) with my hair done up carefully in a thousand clips to pull it forward. Then said hair is covered by a black beanie with homosexual pins on it to cover up all the clips making it look like my hair is the same length as my brother's. And a specially stolen chest binder underneath my shit.
Pics or it didn't happen
Once my brother is off his laptop I can do so, as the one my dad has lent me won't accept that HEY THERE IS AN SD SLOT, ACCEPT MY FUCKING PICTURES! But nooooo, it hates me.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
12-21-2010 08:58 AM
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Ahh, I remember cross dressing, I lasted 4 hours n 5" heels.
*Gay Reminisce*

Napalm Sticks To Kids
12-21-2010 08:59 AM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

I crossplayed as L once...'Twas a fun, fun day full of merriment and candy.

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
12-21-2010 09:51 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

I frequently cross dress as two different people.
Samantha.
and
Samuel.

12-21-2010 10:06 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 140.jpg] [Image: 139.jpg]
Samuel this morning just after adjusting his hat and fixing his bangs. Adding the last couple drops of wash-out green dye in just the right places.
Note: The badge on his hat reads "HEAR ME OUT"

12-21-2010 11:20 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

MorikoMisa Wrote:
Hidden stuff:
Samuel this morning just after adjusting his hat and fixing his bangs. Adding the last couple drops of wash-out green dye in just the right places.
I want Samuel.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
12-21-2010 11:21 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I had a drag party once. Then my friend's mom came to the door and everybody hid in the kitchen while I answered it. She did not actually seem surprised when I answered the door in men's clothing and a drawn-on beard.

To answer the question, not really. I used to pretend like I was very punk rawk, but you can't really call yourself a punk when you're the type of person who apologizes when someone says you don't have to say sorry so often.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
12-21-2010 11:21 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:
MorikoMisa Wrote:
Hidden stuff:
I want Samuel.
Then you may be in luck, well almost! Samuel seems to spend his entire day stalking, huggling and obnoxiously flirting with males, if only because they find it hilarious. ;D

I wanna go to a drag party SO badly now.

12-21-2010 11:31 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

People tell me I am. And they tell me to stop it.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
12-21-2010 11:31 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Prince Rilian Wrote:People tell me I am. And they tell me to stop it.
Tell them to stick their tongue out and close their eyes so you can rip it out with your bare hands and shove it down their urethra (if male) or anus (if female).
MorikoMisa Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:
MorikoMisa Wrote:
Hidden stuff:
I want Samuel.
Then you may be in luck, well almost! Samuel seems to spend his entire day stalking, huggling and obnoxiously flirting with males, if only because they find it hilarious. ;D
This is very promising.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
12-21-2010 11:35 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Moriko, if you could just put on some vixen ears and a tail, plz send me pics so that I may fap study your physique extensively.

But seriously, you're pretty fucking cute. You remind me of jailbait. (in a good way)

EDIT: Also, don't leave the door open. Your parents might catch you and shit.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
12-21-2010 12:52 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:Moriko, if you could just put on some vixen ears and a tail, plz send me pics so that I may fap study your physique extensively.

But seriously, you're pretty fucking cute. You remind me of jailbait. (in a good way)

Laugh Even if they caught me wearing vixen ears and a tail they'd assume I was cosplaying some adorable animal and would walk away. They're pretty used to my odd outfits. ANd thanks, pretty sure I AM jailbait, unless you mean a specific person whom goes by the name Jailbait.

12-21-2010 01:08 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

MorikoMisa Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:Moriko, if you could just put on some vixen ears and a tail, plz send me pics so that I may fap study your physique extensively.

Laugh Even if they caught me wearing vixen ears and a tail they'd assume I was cosplaying some adorable animal and would walk away. They're pretty used to my odd outfits. ANd thanks, pretty sure I AM jailbait, unless you mean a specific person whom goes by the name Jailbait.
You have other outfits? If so, I'd like to see them. Giggle
Post moar.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
12-21-2010 01:13 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

She has nudes, y'know... Not that I'm gonna give 'em to you, but eh.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-21-2010 02:40 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

when the fuck did this thread turn into discussions about drag parties
12-21-2010 09:11 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I am in the process of deriving nutrition from a rather warm bagel.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
12-21-2010 09:21 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:
MorikoMisa Wrote:Laugh Even if they caught me wearing vixen ears and a tail they'd assume I was cosplaying some adorable animal and would walk away. They're pretty used to my odd outfits. ANd thanks, pretty sure I AM jailbait, unless you mean a specific person whom goes by the name Jailbait.
You have other outfits? If so, I'd like to see them. Giggle
Post moar.
Well mostly just other boys outfits, need pictures of those ones. And some rave-like girl outfits for the homosexual dance parties I go to. Used to have rabbit and cat ears that I wore a lot, but the cat ear headband broke and my dog (Funny enough her name is Bunny.) chewed up the rabbit ears.

12-21-2010 09:41 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

MorikoMisa Wrote:my dog (Funny enough her name is Bunny.) chewed up the rabbit ears.

Jealous bitch?

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-21-2010 11:21 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

It seems you have to be confident in yourself to be a nonconformist, if I was I'd actually try not to go to school and would pirate shit more often, I guess the best definition I can give to nonconformist is someone who does whatever the hell they want and isn't easily stopped by other people's ideals, someone who works for their own ideals...

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-22-2010 07:53 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

AWOL Wrote:
MorikoMisa Wrote:my dog (Funny enough her name is Bunny.) chewed up the rabbit ears.

Jealous bitch?
That's the first thing I though when she did that. That and 'SCRAWNY LEGGED BITCH TWIT!"

12-22-2010 10:43 AM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

I am a nonconformist.
Half against my will.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif] Try it on yourself!
12-22-2010 11:15 PM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

The time I read Omnivore's Dilemma was the time I crossed the threshold of nonconformity - never again will I be one with the mold.
12-23-2010 05:13 AM
schoolsuxak47 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Short Answer: Hell yeah!
Long Answer: I believe that conformitism is stupid, because you lose a little bit of who you effin are! Conformitism, in general, is being who yu aren't. heck, i'd rather be alone and depressed than being a conformitist. conformitists are just pathetic losers who do not know the cold, hard, uneasying truth about the school system and what it was originally intended for. They are just blindly following the crowd's idea of "not weirdness" by blindly following trends, having the most up- to- date things, wasting their money and time on things that could be better spent. They are also smart alacs, and believe everything they say is true, and the only thing that is out there. now picture this in your head: an aisle with only 1 kind of soap on it's shelves. this is the conformitist's idea of the world. now picture this in your head: an aisle, with all kinds of soaps, some colorful, some plain, some for bathing, some for pets, some for dishes. this is our, the anticonformitist's idea of the world. the world is NOT, i repeat, NOT one kind of soap, there are many different kinds of soaps, many different kinds of people.

"If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going"
> Winston Churchill
"I Have Not Failed, I've Just Found 10,00 Ways That Wont Work!"
> Thomas Alva Edison
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
>Albert Einstein
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
> A Sign In Albert Einstein's Princeton Office
07-22-2011 09:32 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

nonconformist = conforming :troll:

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
07-22-2011 09:42 PM
Crow Offline
Revolutionary

schoolsuxak47 Wrote:conformitism
Confused

I'm so sick of all these people but I'm scared to be alone...
07-22-2011 11:04 PM