RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think criminals have more fun?
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Do you think criminals have more fun?

Do free (not in jail) criminals have more fun on average than non-criminals do you think?
11-13-2011 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
RE: Do you think criminals have more fun?

It depends on what your idea of fun is...?

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
11-13-2011 05:45 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Depends.
Good criminals who don't get caught tend to have good benefits though.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
11-13-2011 07:03 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaAA4eaQm5Wc2HSZnELcd...NxeSb2mtAb]
Criminals won't be having so much fun after I've violated THEIR law!
11-13-2011 08:27 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Full time criminals? There's almost no such thing. Those who are have to put in literally 40+ hours of work to do well, all of which is dangerous. Sure, it might be fun for a little while, but after the initial feeling of being a bad ass wears off, you're constantly trying to stay out of prison, you're constantly putting your life and freedom on the line, and you're probably constantly moving around.

Part time criminals have some fun, I guess. It's adventurous and dangerous and gives you you something beyond the daily routine...

Those who are into the paper side of things probably don't have that much "fun" but they can make some pretty good money doing something they don't hate. Like money laundering and shit.

A lot of criminals who are lower down on the totem pole tend to have shitty lives. Like, there are thousands of crack dealers who also work at McDonalds to supplement their income. They deal crack int he hope that someday they'll move up into a management position. Some of the crack dealer managers make 6 digit incomes.

Eh.

I guess guys in the mafia live like criminals, but a large amount of their job consists of doing actual work. Like, running front businesses, and moving supplies, and all of that.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
11-14-2011 01:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I somewhat agree with what most of absent said. When the bad-assery of it wears off it's back to living normally, just as a criminal that you will have adapted to.

But I don't know, I've never been in the situation so I can't say. But I will say that:

There are some criminals that have more fun than non criminals.
There are some non criminals that have more fun than criminals.

Basically, in my opinion, it won't change you.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
11-14-2011 01:37 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

My freinds brother was a drug dealer and I heard he made shittons of money and barely worked until he finnaly got caught. It depends. If youre a mafia boss or are on the top and run everything then yeah, I would have lots more fun than youre everyday jackoff.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
11-14-2011 03:07 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

My buddy makes 40k + a year selling pot. Crack's a whole different story, though, since you have to deal with importers and gangs and shit.

Blog I post to now:

11-14-2011 03:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I suppose it would depend on the crime and whether you're doing it out of choice or necessity. I have fun stealing shit in games like Oblivion and Fallout, and I'm sure that'd be fun IRL too, but I've never tried it and don't plan to.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-14-2011 05:03 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Not to mention criminals tend to have mental issues. Movies glorify shit too much.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
11-14-2011 07:02 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Criminal: A person who has committed a crime.

I'm a criminal 100x over. I don't THINK I have too many problems, though... I know a lot of other criminals too, and a lot of 'em are fucked up, but most of them are pretty cool. I don't know any violent criminals, though, and I'd imagine they are all pretty twisted. Like the people you see in prison... Eh, depends how and what you define a criminal as I guess.

Blog I post to now:

11-14-2011 07:08 AM
Fanatic

(11-14-2011 07:08 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Criminal: A person who has committed a crime.

I'm a criminal 100x over. I don't THINK I have too many problems, though... I know a lot of other criminals too, and a lot of 'em are fucked up, but most of them are pretty cool. I don't know any violent criminals, though, and I'd imagine they are all pretty twisted. Like the people you see in prison... Eh, depends how and what you define a criminal as I guess.

Well I'm a criminal too then but I was assuming we were talking about gangsters/mafia crap.

Live until you die
11-14-2011 07:11 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

^ I knew a guy that was in the mafia, and all he did was pick up a truckload of stolen goods and drive them to the mafia owned market where they would slowly sell it from a bunch of different vendors. The vendors themselves were connected to the mafia too. Also, this one guy I read about was a professional thief for the mafia, and all he did was rob rich people's houses for a living. He slipped up after taking a break for a few years and getting back in, and then got caught...

Not everyone in the mafia is violent, but I guess a lot of 'em have to be.
Btw, I'm just saying this shit to look cool lol. I know what you mean.

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 07:17 AM by Absnt.)
11-14-2011 07:16 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Pirating games/movies/music is kinda fun. So I guess we're all criminals. Razz

But I think this thread is probably not really about that sort of 'crime'.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-14-2011 08:10 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Hell yeah. Money, drugs, criminals in general tend to not give a fuck and do whatever they want on impulse, generally don't worry what happens to them or anyone else...I'd pick criminal over boring ass middle class working citizen any day.
11-15-2011 08:07 AM
Fanatic

(11-15-2011 08:07 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  Hell yeah. Money, drugs, criminals in general tend to not give a fuck and do whatever they want on impulse, generally don't worry what happens to them or anyone else...I'd pick criminal over boring ass middle class working citizen any day.

Until they fucked with me and met my gun. Criminals have fun because the government disarms innocents and creates easy victims.

Live until you die
11-15-2011 08:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  War Criminals Bush and Cheney Can No Longer Travel Outside the U.S. HeartofShadows 7 3,920 03-14-2012 03:35 PM
Last Post: Efs