RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
those Pretty little liars...
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Given 25 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
those Pretty little liars...

TRUE STORY:

Today was a great day, and I went professional golfing with my grandfather. I even got to drive the cart most of the time. We played for nearly two hours. However, There was this nice tower made of stone, built in the 1930's by the golf course, and my grandfather allowed me to play there for as long as I liked. I ascended the tower, only to meet the most beautiful group of 5 girls I have ever seen. They were taking pictures with a professional camera, so I thought "Hey, photography is art. I'm an artist. Perhaps I can connect with these humans..." I approached them, and said "Hey, I have nothing to do right now. If you don't mind, I'll just hang out with you for now."
"Fine with me," said one of the girls. A rising feeling grew inside my heart.
"My brother and I are excellent in photography. Can I take a picture?"
"Yeah, get one of all of us," said another. Near them, there was a boy who looked to be eleven or twelve, holding a skateboard. I supposed he was the brother of one of them.
"I even took a picture for a couple, at the top of the Empire State Building." Although this was true, I wanted to sound as epic as possible. So I added "They said it was perfect."
Luckily, I did snap a shot of all five of them, against the wall of the massive tower. They said "thank you" but it wasn't enough. Something inside me grew attached to this group.
We went over to a small field. They said "Let's go to our secret spot." I asked them "Where's that at?" to which one replied "Come, you'll see."
In the middle of a line of fencing, there was a gap. They entered, and I followed. There was a sharp stairway of rocks, which led to a leafy area concealed by the treetops. I overheard some of them saying "Ahh! Spiders! Ew!"
I jumped down the natural staircase and said "You're afraid of spiders? I have a pet snake at home. Sheesh."
"You have a snake?" asked the boy.
"Yeah, real nice."
The leafy area was thin; to our left was a thicket of mangroves and a small river, while to the right was a rocky cliff that stood nearly eight feet tall, overlooking the hidden path. While we trekked through the vegetation, one girl was snapping pictures of giant spiders, tree roots, and even her friends lying against a tree that bent diagonally. Despite my love for nature, such as the leaves rustling and water trickling, I still overheard the group talking about totally random stuff. I swiftly ran around all the trees near the cliff.
"The spiders are gonna get you!" a girl said in a matter-of-factly tone.
"I'm not afraid of a few spiders," I replied.
"But these spiders have venom!"
"Every spider has venom. But most spiders can't harm you, or arn't even powerful enough to inject it into your bloodstream," I corrected.
I caught up to the one in front, who was the prettiest. She sat near a metal balcony over the river, near a small rest area. Believe it or not, I noticed a strange man-made rock cave, which picnic tables were arranged in. However, the place was sealed by bars. Playfully, I said "Look, a dungeon!" which fell upon deaf ears. But I did not give up any hope; for I vowed to win the girl's heart by the end of the day. Ah, pale skin, my favorite kind of skin. I love it. They backtracked to the small field, and while they did I was talking about many different things. Sadly though, my weak mind failed me again, to hold those topics in my memory bank.
We arrived at a large tree inside the clearing. Eventually someone from the group asked me "What school do you go to?"
"I go to [Insert School Name Here.]"
"Oh, I know that place!" said one eagerly. "Do you know Sydney?"
"No," I replied. "I'm only in ninth grade. I don't know that many people. Just a few friends."
"Oh, okay."
One of them spoke up. "Where's the bathroom? I must go on an adventure to the bathroom!"
I laughed at their foolishness. In spite of how mature I was on the inside, I can never connect with people because their minds are not as well-developed as mine. But there might be some potentially smart brains within their heads. I wouldn't know for sure until I stayed with them a little longer, when they start revealing their personality. That would take a while, I thought to myself. I fished my phone from its pocket and texted my grandfather, saying "Give me a few minutes."
Continuing from our school conversation, one girl said "We're in sixth grade." A few others agreed by saying "Yeah. We are."
What kind of foolishness is this? They were clearly lying; they looked my age, and they even resemble some of the people at my school. Did they really think they can pull my leg with a lie so obviously stupid?
"You're lying," I said bluntly to them. "There's no way you're in sixth grade. You look my age."
In the middle of the dispute, the sun revealed from the clouds. I ducked for cover behind the tree and said "Hold on, I don't like the sun."
"What? Are you allergic?"
"No, I just hate it. It gives me tans. I don't want tans. They're far too average."
"That's... normal, for some people." I pressumed they were using sarcasm. Nobody has ever agreed with the statement, that I repeat often.
"Hey, can I get a picture of you?" asked a blond.
"I normally don't want my picture taken if it's going into a family album or school thing. But other than that, fine."
Clicking the camera button, she said "Okay, I'll put it on Faceboook and Tumblr instead!" I frowned, and told her how much I disapproved this.
Suddenly, two raccoons in the distance entered where we just came from. "Look, raccoons!" I shouted, as I pursued them into the Secret Spot. I stopped under a tree and looked into a cage of mangrove roots. The raccoons supposedly made a nest here. How lovely. But not as lovely as the five humans outside. I returned to the clearing.
The group headed to the small restrooms, right on the border of the swampy woods. Oh, how I loved swampy woods. They were so humid, warm, and moist- perfect conditions for my skin. It keeps it all healthy. Plus, the bonus of the sun being blocked out by the 50-foot tall trees adds to the nice combination.
I felt anxious though; with the exception of the skater kid, I was heading to a tiny restroom building, with five girls! Plus, the woods behind the lone building were a perfect place for-
I received a text from my grandfather. "Go ahead, take your time" was his reply.
As I approached the bathroom, one of the girls asked me to "come over here". As I approached her, I sensed a dark aura, one so strong it made my ribs shake. "What is it?" I asked. As I asked, I questioned myself, Could this be the leader of the group?
"Look. I don't want you with us. Leave now."
My heart sank. Yep. Definately the leader. Instantly, a nasty grudge gripped me with the claws of a heck-spawn. In a split second, a million tons of anger, hatred, and... love... smashed upon me at once.
"I'm not gonna listen to you," I told her boldly. "I do what I want."
I walked ahead without another word. I met up with the other four in front of the Men's side of the bathroom, an oddly peculiar place. The remainder of the group took turns taking pictures of themselves in different poses. However, I was standing about five feet from the one with a camera. "Get your darn foot out of the way!" she demanded. Rolling my eyes, I stepped back.
In a few minutes, they stopped the random snapshooting. When the leader cought up, they began the trial of courage that I feared so much; embarrassing questions. Only this time, they all were asking questions at the same time.
"[Insert Embarrassing Question Here]?"
"What?" I asked in surprise. "I'm not answering that."
"I'm not answering that."
"I'm not answering that either."
"Okay, listen," began one of them, "If you don't answer our questions, you're gonna be forced to leave."
"Fine. Ask away," I answered.
"No."
"No."
"Yes."
"....I'm not answering that." I had just sealed my fate with these humans.
"Okay, you're boring us. Get out of here," demanded my favorite.
"No, I don't feel like it," I retorted. When some background people left, they all faced me. I gulped.
"Hey," said one in a very luring tone, "Wanna get 'flashed'?"
"Yeah, wanna get 'flashed'?" repeated others.
"Well, sure, why not?" I replied with an inside smirk.
But sadly, being the dull humans they are, they unknowingly drifted from the subject and randomly began talking stupidity once more. Again, I felt hatred for the average human brain. They did, however, continue into the swampy woods. As I passed through the entrance, my ears were battered by the harsh insults and threats by the leader; not that I cared. I stepped onto the boardwalk over a pond divided by mangrove roots. I saw an empty Skittles wrapper floating in the water. As we proceeded down the boardwalk, a girl asked me "What's your name?"
"Evan," I said proudly.
"Evan's an ugly name," she replied. Again, she was just trying to insult me.
"Well, I'll change it to Evan when Im 18."
"Edwin? What?" she asked in confusion. Crud, I hate when people never hear me out.
"No, right now my name is Brandon. But I hate it," I explained.
"Why would you change it to an ugly name?"
"That's your opinion. What matters for me is my own," I said. Then I got another text from my grandfather. He wrote "Are you still alive?" I answered back "No, I'm dead. Ha." sarcastically.
But on the inside, I really was.
We noticed an opening leading deeper into the woods without a trail. One of us stepped in, and she said "Wow! I feel like I'm on an adventure!" How childish they acted. If I wanted an adventure, I'd go on a real one. Nevertheless, I couldn't resist exploring an unknown place. But my nimble feet went too fast. I went a step too far, and instantly I heard the stomping of ten feet receding into the woods.
Oh, those arrogant fools. They think they can outsmart me...
I burst through the shrubbery without clearing it away with my hands, and in an instant, I was back in the group.
"I see what you guys are trying to do. Figures," I spoke, half to myself.
A minute later, we exited the forest and returned to the bathroom. There was a minor stairway over a hill, between the bathrooms and the rest of the park. As soon as I stood at the top of the stair, I turned around. I noticed they all had me cornered. Gosh Darnit.
"Look!" the leader yelled. "It's my birthday! And you're ruining it!"
"I'm being a good person here!" I said, defending myself.
"No! You! Are not! You're annoying! Just leave! We don't want you here!" Behind her, one of them told me through a whisper "Hey, kiss her!"
"I will slap you!" she threatened.
"Hey, don't make me stay here longer! You're being the bothersome person here!" I defended, again.
"Oh, is that a threat? It better not be."
"How old are you anyway?" asked a group member.
"I'm fourteen, why?" I answered.
"See, we're eleven! We're too young for you!" Again. A complete lie. They only wanted me gone. Then she said "Pedophile!" These were the most dim-witted humans ever.
"No, I'm not a pedophile," I replied.
"Well..." she began, thinking of another lie, "We like pedophiles!"
"Hey, I hear your grandmother. She's calling for you." AGAIN WITH THE LYING!
"As a matter of fact, my grandfather told me to take my time."
"Will you leave now?!" An internal panic surged through my mind like a lightning bolt.
I stood there. Suddenly, my body just froze. I was tired of this constant battle. I didn't even have time to breathe. With my strong mind-wall finally torn down, my multi-functional brain switched to the Pity Mode. A tear ran down my cheek.
"You know what?" I began. They froze as well under my menacing glare, asking "You're crying?" But I continued. "I have spent a huge deal of my life, trying to get more friends. Most of my friends are boys. But I want friends that are girls too. Gosh, is it really that difficult?"
"....Oh." A pause. "Well... to be blunt with you..."
I faced down, ready for what she had to say. Nothing happened. I looked up. They were gone. I faced to my right, and they were far away, near a boat-rental place by the river. They ran away so quickly because they were attracted to the athletic biker boys who were hanging out there. Typical. They always go for the athletic ones. It made no sense, how they freaking sprint to the average biker, while an Epic, artistic, and caring person such as I, get nothing for being so awesome.
I got another text message. "Get her name and number and let's rock and roll," said my grandfather.

Dragging myself across the long sidewalk, I replied "I failed. Again."

THE END.
(basically, my day was split into two halves: Good and Bad, good being my golfing experience.)

Educational Freedom Organization
My Website (old stories that'll make your eyes bleed)
My Steam
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 02:31 AM by scientistB.)
11-06-2011 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply