RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change the past
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)
How to change the past

If something bad happened in your past and you want to change it, this is your chance to find out how.

If a time machine is possible, and I'm not talking about science fiction crap, this guy is trying to build a real time machine, also Paul Davies wrote a book on how to build one http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... hi-2002-09 .

Now that we know how to build a time machine, we need to make another assumption. Since these time machines only allow you to travel to a time when it was turned on, and not before it was made, you've got to find a time machine that's already been built before the time that you want to travel back to.

If we assume the universe is infinite, then everything that can happen has happened. Therefore if a time machine is scientifically possible then an infinite number of them already exist. If you're lucky, there will be one in the observable universe and one day you could travel there. If you're not so lucky you may have to use FTL travel to find it.

So what you need is a warp drive of some sort. This isn't so science fiction anymore either.

Once you have established that a time machine is possible, and you've achieved FTL travel then you should arm yourself with a shit load of the most destructive and modern weapons you can get your hands on and travel through space. I suggest you go at a really fast speed even though you have FTL speed so that you don't age too much, as if you age too much then when you travel back in time the people there will know you're not from around there.

Be prpeared to steal or break into the time machine, be prepared to take on a bunch of aliens. Or you could trade with them somehow, or beg them to use the time machine.

Use this epic secret knowledge that I've shared wisely.
12-21-2010 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
Re: How to change the past

I remember reading somewhere ('A brief History of Time'?) that you don't necessarily need an actual machine to go back in time. All you need to do is find a way to travel faster than the speed of light.
12-22-2010 12:43 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Ayliana Wrote:I remember reading somewhere ('A brief History of Time'?) that you don't necessarily need an actual machine to go back in time. All you need to do is find a way to travel faster than the speed of light.

And if you don't want to die, you might want a machine for that.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-22-2010 01:08 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Nah to much trouble.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-22-2010 03:28 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Over the past few months I've found myself obsessed with the concept of time, often spending hours pondering the logistics of time travel.

If ever such a device is created, I want to be dropped off in the early '90s.
12-22-2010 08:37 AM
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Ayliana Wrote:I remember reading somewhere ('A brief History of Time'?) that you don't necessarily need an actual machine to go back in time. All you need to do is find a way to travel faster than the speed of light.
That's to go to the future. When you go faster, time for you goes slower, whilst the pace of time is the same for those who are not. Therefore, in what might seem like 5 minutes to you, you've actually gone traveled years ahead.

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
12-22-2010 09:07 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Am I the only person who just doesn't believe in time?

12-22-2010 11:43 AM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Oh my god oh my god nooooooooo
if he goes back in time and kills x, y and z I might cease from existing!

Basically time is a dimension, rite?
It's not that hard to manipulate I guess.
I mean, not that impossible, but still hard for miserable, powerless little bugs like humans.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif] Try it on yourself!
12-22-2010 10:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Can someone provide an ounce of proof that time exists?

12-22-2010 11:42 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Colin Wrote:
That's to go to the future. When you go faster, time for you goes slower, whilst the pace of time is the same for those who are not. Therefore, in what might seem like 5 minutes to you, you've actually gone traveled years ahead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light

Time slows down the closer you get to the speed of light. It stops once you reach it and it reverses once you exceed it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, time travel in this method wouldn't really be effective because time and aging are linked. If the rate at which we age is slowed the closer we get to C then that means the aging process will completely stop at C and reverse once exceeded. That means any time traveler who used this method would only be able to travel backwards to the day he was born. To go farther would mean death by non existence.
12-23-2010 03:20 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Something tells me someone, somewhere, fucked up and put 'time' where he should have put 'decay', and now we have all this time travel via FTL speed bullshit.

12-23-2010 03:55 AM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

AWOL: Sorry if you were just trolling (wtf am I sorry for then? You'd just be happy to get a reaction) but for your argument against time here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time#Time_as_.22unreal.22

12-23-2010 05:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

So, what I gather from that, no one knows and no one considers it important enough to spend money on? Kay, whatever.

12-23-2010 02:30 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

AWOL, you don't realize the stupidity of your post. I can't believe you would come to this kind of conclusion. I, for one, will not stand for you making up this kind of stuff. Time is serious business and I will not be told otherwise. What you don't seem to realize is that time is the very foundation on what this country was built on. We are taught teamwork, sportsmanship, and balance through chronography. Without all of this, our society and humanity as we know it would fall.

I'm glad to be part of such a unique empire and I will fight to the death for it. It's in my spiritual being to come to the aid of those who need it. To be questioned is to be dishonored and you should know that by now. We are all insignificant in this universe, and if nothing matters that means that everything matters. An example of my understanding can be seen in the book "Go, Dog. Go!" When the dog hits the red light, he stops. This can be compared to many things in modern-day life, such as when you get your girlfriend pregnant because you forgot to wrap it, or when you decide your kid is too ugly to keep. Everything gets better, however, when you hit that green light, and it's smooth sailing ahead.

Some people do not make it to this green light and eventually take their own life. I am saying it is not the right thing to do; stick with what is hard and you will be rewarded in the end. No matter how hard life is or how bad your love life is, what you can do is all you can do, and that's all that matters from a realistic standpoint.
12-23-2010 02:55 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

AWOL, just because time may work in ways different than how we perceive it doesn't mean that time doesn't exist. Maybe our perception is completely wrong, maybe everything is the opposite of how it seems, but we can still see things happen before and after other things. Maybe that's not what "time" really is, at least in the weird cosmic metaphysical sense, but it can still be real.
You used the word "decay" earlier. Well, decay implies a change. Change takes time. It has to. If something changes states, then one state had to happen before the other. So, like I said, maybe our perception is totally fucked up but there's no logical reason to write off the existence of time just because we don't fully understand it.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
12-24-2010 02:08 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

You have three synchronized clocks, you leave one at the airport, and put two on two separate planes. Fly the two planes around the planet twice. The two clocks on the planes will have a different time then the clock in the airport, thus proving that time is relative and the faster you go, the slower time goes.

Theoretically, if you travel faster than time, time will start reversing for you... No one has, or can prove this though. Mathematically, It should work though...

Although, I've spent years trying to disprove this shit... I've come up with hundreds of could-be-problems and possibilities when contemplating time.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-24-2010 03:26 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

If I could go back in time, I would kill the founding fathers and jack off on the constitution. thus putting my on par with most american politicians today, and i would probably be elected president for such an act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
12-24-2010 04:25 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

At the speed of light, time stops completely. So to travel faster than time you need to travel faster than light. The faster you go, the more energy it takes to accelerate you, and it takes infinite energy to travel at the speed of light. Photons can because of their zero rest mass, but anything with mass (you) can't get that fast. So through relativistic physics it isn't possible. Quantum mechanics may open up possibilities for time travel, but it would only be on a really small scale, and wouldn't be able to influence anything
01-22-2011 03:24 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

BENDING SPACE = BEST MEANS OF SPACE TRANSPORTATION MOTHERFUCKERS.

Blog I post to now:

01-22-2011 03:26 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Relativity allows bending space through gravitational distortion, but travel into the past still shouldn't be possible.
01-22-2011 03:28 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

^ I agree.

Blog I post to now:

01-22-2011 04:25 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

I don't fucking know. Where's your weirdass mathematical proof?

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-22-2011 04:30 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

k?

Blog I post to now:

01-22-2011 04:32 PM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

^ Oh my god! My credit card number!

01-26-2011 03:54 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Jonno Wrote:At the speed of light, time stops completely. So to travel faster than time you need to travel faster than light. The faster you go, the more energy it takes to accelerate you, and it takes infinite energy to travel at the speed of light. Photons can because of their zero rest mass, but anything with mass (you) can't get that fast. So through relativistic physics it isn't possible. Quantum mechanics may open up possibilities for time travel, but it would only be on a really small scale, and wouldn't be able to influence anything
Laugh This actually made sense to me now.

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-26-2011 10:23 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

If traveling at the speed of light stops time, it will only stop time for you, not for everyone else. From this we can conclude that time is relative to the person perceiving it... which means... wait, that's already a mindfuck. Laugh

If time is relative to the person perceiving it, doesn't that mean that everything else is relative too, since we base pretty much everything on the concept of time?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-28-2011 10:20 AM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Time is relative, so is distance. But this is only because the speed of light is constant. But these subjective effects only observable at very high energy levels.
01-28-2011 05:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Did you cry in the past 48 hours? stevehein 8 2,999 02-16-2015 03:37 PM
Last Post: Dikont5
  Looking back at the past James Comey 3 3,189 03-03-2014 04:27 PM
Last Post: James Comey