RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Violence will never bring peace
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
Violence will never bring peace

Is that right or is it just me?

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
10-19-2011 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
RE: Violence will never bring peace

Self-defense.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 12:30 PM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
10-19-2011 05:18 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Yeah Unschool nailed it.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-19-2011 05:31 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(10-19-2011 05:18 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Self-defence.

At times this works. At times it pisses off the perpetrator more.
10-19-2011 05:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Violence will never bring peace. Self-defence can bring on an absence of violence, but that doesn't necessarily equate to peace. Though I guess it depends on your definition of peace... if it's just a lack of fighting, then sure, that works. If it's a lack of a desire to fight, then self-defence doesn't quite cut it...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-19-2011 05:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

(10-19-2011 05:40 AM)Spiritus_Raptor Wrote:  
(10-19-2011 05:18 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Self-defence.

At times this works. At times it pisses off the perpetrator more.

Either way you're gonna get beat... or your gonna watch someone you know get beat. I prefer to take my chances.

Live until you die
10-19-2011 05:59 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

World Peace: A totalitarian dictator takes over the world and scraps it of any and all weapons and hires enough police to ensure no one fights anyone. Fuck yeah.

I don't think peace is really achievable, unless through some kind of ultimately agreed upon collective knowledge that we don't have yet. And even then, not everyone will agree...

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
10-19-2011 06:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:World Peace: A totalitarian dictator takes over the world and scraps it of any and all weapons and hires enough police to ensure no one fights anyone. Fuck yeah.
Well... that's kinda one way of doing it. But if he's really that totalitarian, he'll probably piss a lot of people off... and thus, they will want to fight, even if all the police make it really hard.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
10-19-2011 06:22 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

That's always true, I suppose.

Blog I post to now:

10-19-2011 06:25 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-19-2011 06:10 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  World Peace: A totalitarian dictator takes over the world and scraps it of any and all weapons and hires enough police to ensure no one fights anyone. Fuck yeah.

I don't think peace is really achievable, unless through some kind of ultimately agreed upon collective knowledge that we don't have yet. And even then, not everyone will agree...

Genetic mutations that destroy the aggressive traits in humanity, A large number of humanity is killed off and a select number is ruled by dictator in a neutral society that caters to citizenship, All life on earth is killed.

Yeah not liking most of em.

image hosting jpg
10-19-2011 06:31 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, same. Unless of course we can all download ourselves into a massive computer. (And then, hopefully, the dick who programmed it didn't put in mind control as a function.)

Blog I post to now:

10-19-2011 06:51 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Oh, yeah, sure.

Y'know, except for all those wars that brought peace. We had a really large one a while back. It was W-... W-... Wor-...

Worl-...

Word's that I can't.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
10-19-2011 06:53 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, that too. (A reasonable amount of peace, anyways.)

Blog I post to now:

10-19-2011 06:54 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Temporary peace, sure... until the next fucktard comes along and pisses a few countries off.

Hidden stuff:
10-19-2011 07:11 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-19-2011 07:11 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Temporary peace, sure... until the next fucktard comes along and pisses a few countries off.

Or the corporations get the countries to do their dirty work for them..

*Cough* iraq *cough*

image hosting jpg
10-19-2011 07:29 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(10-19-2011 06:31 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(10-19-2011 06:10 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  World Peace: A totalitarian dictator takes over the world and scraps it of any and all weapons and hires enough police to ensure no one fights anyone. Fuck yeah.

Genetic mutations that destroy the aggressive traits in humanity, A large number of humanity is killed off and a select number is ruled by dictator in a neutral society that caters to citizenship, All life on earth is killed.

Yeah not liking most of em.

Yeah......... Maybe we are better off without world peace.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
10-19-2011 09:42 AM
Fanatic

Maybe one day aggression will be bred out of existence and we will only have inborn "self-defense" mechanisms. I do think we could have an incredibly more peaceful and happy world than we do now at our current evolutionary level but absolutely not 100% peace.

Live until you die
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 12:37 PM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
10-19-2011 12:29 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

(10-19-2011 12:29 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Maybe one day aggression will be bred out of existence and we will only have inborn "self-defense" mechanisms. I do think we could have an incredibly more peaceful and happy world than we do now at out current evolutionary level but absolutely not 100% peace.

True story:

I was talking to some marine or whatever and he told me about this time he was doing some humanitarian assistance mission in Africa or whatever. He said he threw one last piece of bread out of the truck while they were driving. He saw a guy pick it up, then some crazed starving kid ran up behind the guy, chopped his head in half with a machete, and ate the bloody piece of bread.

Point being, how the fuck do you breed away aggression?

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 12:34 PM by Absnt.)
10-19-2011 12:33 PM
Fanatic

(10-19-2011 12:33 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  
(10-19-2011 12:29 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Maybe one day aggression will be bred out of existence and we will only have inborn "self-defense" mechanisms. I do think we could have an incredibly more peaceful and happy world than we do now at out current evolutionary level but absolutely not 100% peace.

True story:

I was talking to some marine or whatever and he told me about this time he was doing some humanitarian assistance mission in Africa or whatever. He said he threw one last piece of bread out of the truck while they were driving. He saw a guy pick it up, then some crazed starving kid ran up behind the guy, chopped his head in half with a machete, and ate the bloody piece of bread.

Wow I used a poor fucking choice of words. Especially considering there is a lot of nurture regarding how we turn out. What the fuck was I thinking? lol

Live until you die
10-19-2011 12:38 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-19-2011 12:33 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  True story:

Holy shit that would be an awesome video to put on the internet.
Least it shows an adult could be beaten by a kid.

image hosting jpg
10-19-2011 02:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  peace brahs Desu 14 3,280 07-16-2013 10:21 AM
Last Post: Miller0700
  Bring back all the oldfags thewake 26 8,308 04-04-2012 02:37 PM
Last Post: thewake
  lol at Peace Corps... UnschoolShqiponjë 3 1,596 07-12-2011 01:59 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  bring back bobman Desu 29 3,977 04-12-2011 11:00 PM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  Peace Sunbourn 8 1,788 04-11-2011 08:19 AM
Last Post: Leon Kinotolian
  Thinking about joining the Peace Corps Thought Criminal 12 2,257 12-15-2010 06:37 AM
Last Post: Aya
  SS peace prize Sunbourn 76 6,252 11-17-2009 09:02 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath
  Do you want to receive the Nobel Peace Prize? aaaaaaasd 15 1,829 10-26-2009 12:17 PM
Last Post: Jackass McAwesome
  G20 Protests - Police START the violence Elfy 5 1,286 04-08-2009 11:04 AM
Last Post: Leon Kinotolian
  last night of peace? Avenger 10 2,138 11-06-2008 06:07 AM
Last Post: Thought Criminal