RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a fun fact
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
Here's a fun fact

I have a friend who is jobless as I am. He has a high school diploma (but isn't brainwashed/memory rat; he's a cool guy) AND college classes to his credit. Useful ones, I assume. He recently told me that throughout the last year, he sent at least 150 applications to different places all over the city/state (not sure which, didn't ask).

None. NONE hired him. I'm willing to bet it wasn't due to a failed impression, because when it comes to working, this dude is pretty diligent and serious about it. Not stuck-up or arrogant, thankfully.

If he tried that many goddamn applications and got no positive results, how the fuck am I, a dropout who still can't even afford his GED and has no college classes, supposed to get a job? LUCK?!

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
12-22-2010 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Re: Here's a fun fact

What career field was he trying to get into?

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-22-2010 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

My best friend, who has a bachelor's degree in biology and is taking classes to get teacher certification, hasn't been able to get a job either.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
12-22-2010 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:What career field was he trying to get into?
I don't think he's gunning for any field in particular right now. Just needs the money is all, like god knows how many of us these days do.
Prince Rilian Wrote:My best friend, who has a bachelor's degree in biology and is taking classes to get teacher certification, hasn't been able to get a job either.
Damn.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
12-23-2010 05:56 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Yea, but some jobs are harder to get then others these days...

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-23-2010 06:13 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Leon, you don't realize the stupidity of your post. I can't believe you would come to this kind of conclusion. I, for one, will not stand for you making up this kind of stuff. Work is serious business and I will not be told otherwise. What you don't seem to realize is that work is the very foundation on what this country was built on. We are taught teamwork, sportsmanship, and balance through working. Without all of this, our society and humanity as we know it would fall.

I'm glad to be part of such a unique empire and I will fight to the death for it. It's in my spiritual being to come to the aid of those who need it. To be questioned is to be dishonored and you should know that by now. We are all insignificant in this universe, and if nothing matters that means that everything matters. An example of my understanding can be seen in the book "Go, Dog. Go!" When the dog hits the red light, he stops. This can be compared to many things in modern-day life, such as when you get your girlfriend pregnant because you forgot to wrap it, or when you decide your kid is too ugly to keep. Everything gets better, however, when you hit that green light, and it's smooth sailing ahead.

Some people do not make it to this green light and eventually take their own life. I am saying it is not the right thing to do; stick with what is hard and you will be rewarded in the end. No matter how hard life is or how bad your love life is, what you can do is all you can do, and that's all that matters from a realistic standpoint.
12-23-2010 02:54 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:Leon, you don't realize the stupidity of your post. I can't believe you would come to this kind of conclusion..
Fu Seriously man, your standing up for the imperialistic crap that only helps school. Look at it this way, at least this guy had a diploma and credits, but no. "You might have the skills, but you still need a useless piece of paper from college to prove yourself." I can't stand this crap. Most of us here joined because we hated school. I finally joined after the most sickening thing happened to me. I cannot stand those beurocratic hypocrites sitting on there asses while we do mindless paperwork to turn us into drones. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. I cannot describe the unimaginably infinite anger, rage, and misery I feel because of this and you.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
05-21-2011 06:39 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Phrozen_Soul Wrote:
BobManPerson Wrote:Leon, you don't realize the stupidity of your post. I can't believe you would come to this kind of conclusion..
Fu Seriously man, your standing up for the imperialistic crap that only helps school. Look at it this way, at least this guy had a diploma and credits, but no. "You might have the skills, but you still need a useless piece of paper from college to prove yourself." I can't stand this crap. Most of us here joined because we hated school. I finally joined after the most sickening thing happened to me. I cannot stand those beurocratic hypocrites sitting on there asses while we do mindless paperwork to turn us into drones. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. I cannot describe the unimaginably infinite anger, rage, and misery I feel because of this and you.

get fucked && learn to recognise trolls

fucking facepalm

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
05-21-2011 06:58 AM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I don't care if he is a troll. I'll let them slide on most things but not this. Just for thinking this he should be flogged. How is that sh*t even allowed? That was going against every single thing i have ever whole heatedly believed in, and he get fucked, that stupid monkey luddite.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
05-21-2011 07:48 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Phrozen_Soul Wrote:I don't care if he is a troll. I'll let them slide on most things but not this. Just for thinking this he should be flogged. How is that sh*t even allowed? That was going against every single thing i have ever whole heatedly believed in, and he get fucked, that stupid monkey luddite.
welcome to trolling 101 im your guide comrade
trolls attempt to get emotional responses from normal internet users such as your post please recognize and ignore trolls
05-21-2011 07:53 AM