RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America Is Getting Very Angry
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
America Is Getting Very Angry

And it sort of begins..

Quote:The Occupy Wall Street protests and the rise of the Tea Party movement have both changed America, but you haven't seen anything yet. You better buckle up, because America is getting very angry and as the economy continues to decline the economic protests are going to become much more frightening in the years ahead. Americans have become very accustomed to prosperity. Now that our prosperity is vanishing, people are starting to become very angry. The scary thing is that the vast majority of our population now lives in tightly congested urban areas. That makes the potential for mass rioting and civil unrest much greater. Back in 1910, 72 percent of Americans lived in rural areas. Today, only 16 percent of Americans live in rural areas. So what happens when you have millions of incredibly angry people crammed into tightly congested metropolitan areas? Well, we are about to find out.

Over the past 4 years, we have seen some unprecedented things happen in America. First we witnessed the rise of the Tea Party movement. Initially it pretty much was a true grassroots movement but now it has been mostly taken over by establishment Republicans. Now we are witnessing the rise of Occupy Wall Street. While there are some grassroots elements to it, the reality is that Occupy Wall Street seems to be pretty much controlled by the Democrats. In fact, one individual was recently told that "Ron Paul signs are not welcome here" at a recent protest.

So we have the left and the right fighting with each other like cats and dogs. The Tea Party movement and Occupy Wall Street both pretty much hate each other.

Meanwhile, those that control both political parties are enjoying the view.

But the people that are expressing their anger through protest movements such as Occupy Wall Street are not going to be content with the status quo for long.

The truth is that there is a lot of anger in the United States today, and that anger is rapidly growing. Millions upon millions of Americans are deeply upset about the economy and about our financial system.

Right now, protests by both the Tea Party movement and Occupy Wall Street have been mostly peaceful.

But that will not last indefinitely.

In fact, there are already signs that Occupy Wall Street protesters are not content with simply sitting in the park and banging on drums.

For example, protesters stormed the Senate Hart Office Building in Washington D.C. today. A handful of protesters were arrested.

Also, more than 50 protesters from the Occupy Boston movement were arrested today when they would not do what police were ordering them to do.

But most notable of all was the march to the homes of certain millionaires up in New York. Earlier today, Occupy Wall Street protesters marched to the homes of Jamie Dimon, David Koch, John Paulson, Howard Milstein, and Rupert Murdoch.

Needless to say, that is going to seriously upset some people.

The home protests were not spontaneous. The truth is that they were highly organized. Organizers such as SEIU board member Stephen Lerner have been talking about them for quite some time. In fact, you can hear him discussing plans for the upcoming protests at the homes of these millionaires back on October 3rd right here.

There is a lot about Occupy Wall Street that can be criticized (just check out this article), but one thing that Occupy Wall Street is actually doing right is that it is focusing on the role of money in politics.

The big financial powers spend hundreds of millions of dollars on political campaigns. Just check out this infographic. All of that money buys a lot of influence over the political process. If it didn't, the big financial powers would not be spending that kind of money.

But the big financial powers are not just spending money on political campaigns. It has now come out that the big Wall Street banks can order New York City police officers just like they would order pizzas. In fact, over a million dollars is going to be spent this way just this year alone.

Quote:One of the ingenious methods that has remained below the public’s radar was started by the Rudy Giuliani administration in New York City in 1998. It’s called the Paid Detail Unit and it allows the New York Stock Exchange and Wall Street corporations, including those repeatedly charged with crimes, to order up a flank of New York’s finest with the ease of dialing the deli for a pastrami on rye.

The corporations pay an average of $37 an hour (no medical, no pension benefit, no overtime pay) for a member of the NYPD, with gun, handcuffs and the ability to arrest. The officer is indemnified by the taxpayer, not the corporation.

New York City gets a 10 percent administrative fee on top of the $37 per hour paid to the police. The City’s 2011 budget called for $1,184,000 in Paid Detail fees, meaning private corporations were paying wages of $11.8 million to police participating in the Paid Detail Unit. The program has more than doubled in revenue to the city since 2002.

So expect the big Wall Street banks to be sending in orders for huge numbers of New York City cops to protect them from the half-crazed Occupy Wall Street protesters.

Sadly, if recent poll numbers are any indication, the anger of the American people is not going to abate any time soon....

*According to Gallup, the percentage of Americans that lack confidence in U.S. banks is now at an all-time high of 36%.

*According to a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll, 90 percent of Americans believe that the economy is performing poorly and approximately 80 percent of Americans believe that it is "difficult" to find a job right now.

*According to a recent Rasmussen survey, 48 percent of all Americans believe that reductions in government spending are "at least somewhat likely" to result in civil unrest inside the United States.

*Another recent survey found that 73 percent of all Americans believe that the nation is "on the wrong track".

*According to a recent CBS News/New York Times poll, Congress has a disapproval rating of 82%.

*A recent Rasmussen survey found that 85 percent of Americans believe that members of Congress "are more interested in helping their own careers than in helping other people", and that same survey found that 46 percent of the American people believe that most members of Congress are corrupt.

*According to a different Rasmussen survey, only 17 percent of all Americans now believe that the U.S. government has the consent of the governed.

*A recent Washington Post poll found that 78 percent of Americans are dissatisfied "with the way this country’s political system is working" and that only 26 percent of Americans now believe that the federal government can solve the economic problems that we are facing.

So what does all of that add up to?

It adds up to a U.S. population that is very frustrated and that is looking for outlets for that frustration.

As the U.S. economy continues to fall apart, that frustration is going to continue to rise.

What we are seeing all across America is only the beginning. We are going to see protest movements and explosions of anger that we can't even imagine right now.

Dark days are coming for America.

You better buckle up.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archive...ment-28200

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-13-2011 02:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
RE: America Is Getting Very Angry

I'm gonna need to rescue my family that lives in the city aren't I?

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
10-13-2011 02:20 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

america:
[Image: closeup_of_mans_angry_face_10048033.jpg]
10-13-2011 03:00 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Hopefully it gets a lot worse.

Yes, I think most protesters are protesting for the wrong reasons (also most of them, atm, are just pawns of Adbusters -> Canadian anti-commerce/anti-semitic group), but this country needs to wake up before it's too late.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 03:31 AM by Liquid.)
10-13-2011 03:20 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra..._blog.html

[Image: ErickErickson.jpg?uuid=Q5lnAPQcEeCCRONahTcYzg]
10-13-2011 04:30 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-13-2011 04:30 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra..._blog.html

Lol I can't wait to see his house burn down.
I usually listen to logic but I love when self righteous people get what they deserve.
He's simply adding more fuel to the ever growing fire.

image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 04:59 AM by HeartofShadows.)
10-13-2011 04:57 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

(10-13-2011 04:30 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra..._blog.html

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
10-13-2011 06:57 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-13-2011 06:57 AM)Blobthe15 Wrote:  

I lmaoed!
Touche blobman touche!

image hosting jpg
10-13-2011 07:04 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

This comes to no shock to me.

Previously known as Derchin.
10-13-2011 11:15 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

On second thought, maybe mr.job whore should quit one of his jobs so the bottom 50% can have it.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-au...de-is-over

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
10-13-2011 11:51 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-13-2011 11:51 AM)Blobthe15 Wrote:  On second thought, maybe mr.job whore should quit one of his jobs so the bottom 50% can have it.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-au...de-is-over

And we know who ain't gonna be taxed.

image hosting jpg
10-13-2011 01:01 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

[Image: wqu23k.jpg]
10-14-2011 01:40 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Come on man when is this revolution gonna happen I have language school in 2 days...
But seriously, I don't know what this Occupy shit is about, but it's all over AnonOps and Twitter. I want a social revolution, anarchy, freedom, peace, no forced schooling. This cannot be achieved through peaceful protesting about Wall $treet. Force is used by police, pacifism fails.
For there to be peace there must be war. Hurr immah philosopher!

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 08:14 PM by Efs.)
10-17-2011 08:14 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

You'd think with more people becoming aware of the Financial Institutions dicking us over this thread would be longer
10-18-2011 12:12 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(10-17-2011 08:14 PM)Efs Wrote:  Come on man when is this revolution gonna happen I have language school in 2 days...
But seriously, I don't know what this Occupy shit is about, but it's all over AnonOps and Twitter. I want a social revolution, anarchy, freedom, peace, no forced schooling. This cannot be achieved through peaceful protesting about Wall $treet. Force is used by police, pacifism fails.
Most people I know are only "okay" with the protests because they don't use violence. If the protestors started using force, a) the police would have an excuse to go all-out on them, and b) a lot of people would start comparing them to the London riots in August and opposing them instead of being neutral.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
10-18-2011 12:30 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-18-2011 12:30 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  Most people I know are only "okay" with the protests because they don't use violence. If the protestors started using force, a) the police would have an excuse to go all-out on them, and b) a lot of people would start comparing them to the London riots in August and opposing them instead of being neutral.

Sounds like their still in school.
Just wait til they graduate and it becomes their problem.

image hosting jpg
10-18-2011 02:05 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(10-17-2011 08:14 PM)Efs Wrote:  Come on man when is this revolution gonna happen I have language school in 2 days...

I don't think a violent revolution is going to happen until people are starving and have nothing to lose. I.E. We turn into pre-WWII Germany and hyper-inflation hits and the middle class is wiped out.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
10-18-2011 04:07 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

(10-18-2011 04:07 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  

I don't think a violent revolution is going to happen until people are starving and have nothing to lose. I.E. We turn into pre-WWII Germany and hyper-inflation hits and the middle class is wiped out.
And then Hitler.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
10-18-2011 05:23 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Quote:And then Hitler.

At least he fixed their economy... before he sent everyone to their deaths.

Only guy in history to completely eliminate poverty from a country, it's kinda ironic because he was also pure evil.

//

10-18-2011 07:30 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Ya know actually hitler didn't know what was going on in the camps until bout the time before his deaths which pretty much drove him nuts. Since america did the same thing with the japs I would take Hitler down a bit from pure evil and put him next to Politicians level.

image hosting jpg
10-18-2011 07:50 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Quote:Ya know actually hitler didn't know what was going on in the camps until bout the time before his deaths which pretty much drove him nuts.
Whahuh? I'm pretty sure he knew that the people were being gassed...maybe not about Mengele's experiments, but the main stuff...

Hidden stuff:
10-18-2011 07:58 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-18-2011 07:58 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  
Quote:Ya know actually hitler didn't know what was going on in the camps until bout the time before his deaths which pretty much drove him nuts.
Whahuh? I'm pretty sure he knew that the people were being gassed...maybe not about Mengele's experiments, but the main stuff...

Looking it up I guess I was mistaken.
He ordered the mass shootings and gas but I believe the oven wasn't his idea.

image hosting jpg
10-19-2011 06:23 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

@ HeartofShadows

Actually there was a legitimate theory that that was the case. It was only disproved a couple years ago.

Historians had found that Heinrich Himmler appeared to be hiding the stuff about the death camps from the German Government and even from Hitler. He kept it secret and didn't let any messages to Hitler or anyone say anything about it. ...However they recently found that Hitler would casually ask Himmler how the 'project'/'solution' was going when they met in person, they talked about it indirectly (smiling even) and the other people near them weren't able to realize what they were actually talking about. (Some of it was recorded on Audio-less video, luckily lip readers exist)

//

10-20-2011 03:49 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-20-2011 03:49 AM)Liquid Wrote:  @ HeartofShadows

Actually there was a legitimate theory that that was the case. It was only disproved a couple years ago.

Historians had found that Heinrich Himmler appeared to be hiding the stuff about the death camps from the German Government and even from Hitler. He kept it secret and didn't let any messages to Hitler or anyone say anything about it. ...However they recently found that Hitler would casually ask Himmler how the 'project'/'solution' was going when they met in person, they talked about it indirectly (smiling even) and the other people near them weren't able to realize what they were actually talking about. (Some of it was recorded on Audio-less video, luckily lip readers exist)

Well damn thats a shame.
Guess I can withdraw some of what I said but I still believe any politician or somebody with enough power would do the exact same as hitler did with no regrets or restraint.

image hosting jpg
10-20-2011 04:35 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

The whole "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" idea and all... I don't think most dictators would randomly start killing off millions of people even if they were corrupt politicians with absolute power. But eh, you never know.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 07:25 AM by Absnt.)
10-20-2011 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Hitler was a psychopath. If I was suddenly given absolute power I'd definitely make peoples lives better. Just depends on the person. Sadly many politicians are just power hungry.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
10-20-2011 07:27 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

If I was given absolute power, I'm pretty sure I would set aside like 5 billion dollars, then give the power back trollololo.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2011 07:30 AM by Absnt.)
10-20-2011 07:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Its a shame we'll never get to see both of you in action then. Nutter

image hosting jpg
10-20-2011 08:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Piggy, why are you so angry? Doc Johnson 2 2,702 07-02-2007 10:19 AM