RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PREEPS
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
PREEPS

Preeps are everywhere in school but my school is very small and then are about 25 people per grade. so around the end of my senior year we had to do out portfolio and they said if you got a 3 or a 4 on it (1-4 grading scale) you would be able to leave school and go to a musement park in cincinatti. so everyone tried there best and guess who the only people that got to go the PREEPS. it makes me mad to see this go on and on throught my life.. so i am outraged.. and frustrated with the school system.. and everyone else is that did not get to go.

my school is Augusta Independent in kentucky.... tell me what you think of this..MadMad
05-14-2004 12:03 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Krankes Gehirn Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Anti-Prep, Pro-Prejudice

Now, I'm not entirely sure what "PREEPS" are; I'm guessing you were trying to label those oh so "popular" teenagers(preps). I heard that one before; "You're such a prep!" "Fuck preps!" "Go to hell you prep!" etc. etc. etc. I've been called a "prep" before. And to anyone who calls me one or thinks I'm one, I like to say, "Fuck off." I'm sorry I get decent grades in school. I'm sorry I dress in a civilized manner. I'm sorry I have an intelligence that surpasses that of a five year old. I'm sorry... Wait, No I'm not. There are those who would like me to feel bad about those things and I just think, "Fuck'em." I'm not going to worry about what they have to say; I got shit to do.

Anyway, slightly changing the subject, it seems to me that most "preps" are usually the ones that have all Honor classes, are smart and witty, arrogant, and are very popular amongst the other students. If this is how it works, than perhaps those few "preps" really did do good on that "portfolio". So maybe they did deserve to go out and have fun. Maybe.

- Krankes Gehirn

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." [br]- Aristotle
05-14-2004 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Optik Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Anti-Prep

I remember news from last year, when all of my high school was in turmoil with the surfacing of an "Anti-Prep" movement. They (that is, the members of the Anti-Prep Movement) used the anarchist "circled-A" as their logo, so to speak, and were constantly disrupting the activities of said preps. I wish I could've been around to witness this first-hand, and I'm still looking for the remnants of the organizers behind it. Unfortunately, many were seniors and juniors, I believe.

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. -Che Guevara[br][br]Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law.[br]-Henry David Thoreau[br][br]In 1903 the United States Congress passed legislation that banned immigrants who advocated the overthrow of government. Wouldn't that include the Founding Fathers?[br]-bkMarcus
05-27-2004 07:43 PM
Unregistered

now hold on a second...

Preps are those who imitate teenage pop stars such as Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Hillary Duff, and so on. Then, they look down on anyone who doesn't follow their example or look up to them. This has nothing to do with intelligence. This has to do with likes, dislikes, numbers, and outcasts.

Frankly, I believe that preps should die, as I was an outcast as well. I was smarter than any of them. The only reason they hated me was because I didn't like the same things as they did and didn't worship their "in-crowd". I was bullied so much I turned suicidal in the 3rd grade.

So, yeah... I hate preps... I want revenge...
07-14-2004 01:14 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
revenge

revenge? yeah i had all sorts of revenge plans for my bullies. but i never got around to doing any of it, and i think it's better that way. i never see any of them anymore, for all i know they don't even live in this town anymore. being a prep or bully is immature, and i think revenge isn't really much better either. i did get revenge on a few ppl before, and i actually felt like crap afterwards :(

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
07-15-2004 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

I thought preps were private school students

I'm not sure when that crossed into popularity groups. Preparatory schools comes to my mind whenever someone says that.
07-16-2004 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Prep originally referred to members of preparatory schools, yes. However, as what happens with alot of words now, the meaning has changed to mean those who follow this stereotype developed by the general media. As such, preps usually act the same, talk the same, dress the same, and hate/like the same people. Preps like- Jocks/other preps/people in a position of authority (get on their good side, you can take advantage of that). Preps hate - Geeks, otakus, goths, anyone with any REAL intelligence, and so on. Basically, people you'd expect to get outcasted.

and as far as revenge, not getting it in my situation feels just as bad.
07-19-2004 10:22 AM
Unregistered

another thing... preps usually don't last long outside of high school. Usually what happens is that the support system that they relied on to get through school is gone, mainly because the popularity system doesn't transfer over well to college and real life. The preps, unlike what they would have you believe, are not the intellectual great crop of the school. They are merely weak-minded fools who cannot be themselves. They imitate this stereotype because they fear that everyone else will dislike their personality. They can also be called "trend followers", "the "ra ra" crowd", and so on. The reason people hate this group is obvious... the prep/jock crowd tends to hate everyone else for the dumbest reasons, such as not wearing abercrombie fitch clothing, not watching MTV, not liking Rap music, liking anime/science fiction, and so on.
08-13-2004 09:56 AM
Emie Offline
Rebel

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

It looks like there's a lot of prep bashing here... just thought i'd give my opinion... at my school, "prep" is another word for popular people. Some of them are rude and mean, but others are very nice people. They just are popular. Some get popular by being nice to people. Yet, people hate them because of that popularity, and the media. A lot of kids shows like to show the "evil popular person" tormenting the "cool but less popular" person. Shows make it seem that all popular people are mean, but that is not the case. A lot of people believe it is, though. 3 years ago, I was in the eighth grade. I had some "friends" who were convinced that all popular people were evil. I don't know why. But they acted like it was cool to say stuff like "death to all popular people!" and similar things. We'd talk in class, and they'd point out people that they thought should die. These were perfectly nice people, too (the "preps" ). People who I'd never seen say bad things to others or treat them badly. It just seemed scary and sad. I dunno why i got off on that topic. I just know, if someone treats you badly, that's a decent reason to not like that person. But, just like you would not like to be labeled by preps, don't label the preps as mean/stupid either. They have their own interests, and you have yours. Acceptance is good ^_^
08-15-2004 10:17 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

good point Emie. i do recall one or 2 popular people at school that were actually nice, tho unfortunately back then most of them were indeed nasty scumbags Cry

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
08-16-2004 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Oh so there's hope yet in a few 'Amerikaner'?

"Krankes Gehirn" your Gehirn is not quite krank enough, yet. To be truly pure in what you seem to be perhaps you should learn to despise your US "friends". After all Adolf Hitler RIP surely would have not wanted such a fanatic as you could be to have your fanaticism dampened by the dull american dream. Think, who are the modern day "untermenschen"?
08-30-2004 02:55 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Bigeek
Rolleyes
Laugh
Cry
Dead

Hidden stuff:
08-30-2004 08:07 AM