RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait a minute..what the hell just happened?
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Wait a minute..what the hell just happened?

So we have people ranting and raving about how school is so bad. We have stories of protest. How about hearing some stories of specific bad events? Don't limit it to school. I have parents who are assholes too.

To start it off:
Last year there was an LA teacher who joked around with her students and almost everybody liked her. Almost. For some unfathomable reason, she decided to pick on a select group of students, one of which was me. Anyway, one day I was waiting in the lunch line for my serving of glop. The aforementioned teacher decided to have lunch from the lunch line too. She muscled her way into line directly in front of me. I knew her as a joker, but was unsure if she was joking or not, so I resisted her shoving. She left abruptly, and I didn't know what to think. I finished getting my lunch. As I was walking to a table, the vice principle motioned for me to come talk to him. He then proceeded to lecture me on how my behavior was considered "assualt" and how that kind of behavior could be reported the police. He left me standing there confused. I walked back to my table and ate my lunch. I looked over a few muntes later and saw the vp and the teacher looking at me and laughing. For the rest of that year, the same teacher picked on me, called my parents and reported that I was being "lethargic" in class whenever I wasn't looking at her, and basically was an asshole to me for the whole year. She SCREAMED at me on several occasions, although she never told me what she was specifically screaming about. Just what the hell is going on? School in general is pretty bad, and now we have teachers holding grudges on students for no apparent reason.

Sorry if this was a little long.

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
11-05-2004 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
umm...

"Lethargic" huh :biggrin: two years ago I had a teacher who called me "lethargic boy" as a nickname, I hated it. You know what would be weird? If it was the same teacher! She is somewhere in California right?
11-06-2004 03:49 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Forgot to include my name

By the way this is James.
11-06-2004 03:51 AM
Unregistered

life is cheese are u a "string " cheese fan or is that just a sillly name if u r though we should talk about forming some sort of organization for student political revolution on cheese tour please postr a repsose or email cheeserollover@hotmail.com
piece now
11-06-2004 04:07 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Actually, I like all cheese except string cheese. And, the evil teacher was in Colorado. I won't mention her name, she might hunt me down and kill me. I know too many James's.

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
11-06-2004 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

If this really did happen...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

EDIT: shortened long line of "hahahahahahahahahahaha" x 999
11-07-2004 01:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wait, wait, wait. Who the fuck impersonated me? bulgarianlion 11 2,375 04-03-2012 06:31 AM
Last Post: Mælstrom
  1 minute till the end of the world Thought Crimnal 4 1,530 05-22-2011 10:48 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  10 minute mail aaaaaaasd 3 1,194 01-06-2010 03:56 PM
Last Post: nostaw
  Can't wait for my R4DS to arrive! KitsuneSefam 11 2,104 10-25-2007 10:08 AM
Last Post: Darthmat