RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What games do you guys play?
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
What games do you guys play?

I like most violent shooters/wargames, especially Battlefield (1942 or Vietnam), i used to play a lot of Counter-Strike as well, but nowadays i only play that if i'm at a LAN and nobody is playing anything else Razz

i like racing games too, especially ones where you can upgrade your vehicle. like need for speed underground Smile

i really like strategy games, but i tend to forget where i put units or what i was supposed to do with them... so i kind of suck at them. i really like C&C Generals tho, for what its worth. i play it with my dad, and his computer is so slow that the game runs at 1/4 speed, which is slow enough for me to be able to concentrate on everything i need to. :biggrin:

what do you guys play, if anything? just curious Smile

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-19-2004 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

i play a lot of console games. i'm currently playing DBZ: budokai and POP:sands.
05-09-2004 08:04 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

I PLAY THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD ( RUNESCAPE ) IT IS THE COOLEST...SO IF U WANT TO TRY IT GO TO http://WWW.RUNESCAPE.COM IT IS A ONLINE GAME.. SO HAVE FUN.;D;D;D;D;D;D
05-13-2004 11:14 PM
Optik Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Games

Here's a list of games I play.

C&C Generals + C&C Generals: Zero Hour (There is a really great mod for it. I forgot what it is called. I'll have to look it up for you, SoulRiser. It balances out the factions by giving them similar unit types. E.G. Every team has aircraft, snipers, boats (for maps with water), and interesting new powers. My favorite is still the GLA. In the mod, they have the ever-so-controversial suicide plane, a stolen Apache helicopter, snipers, a "terror cell"... It's sorta like Rebel Ambush, only Terror Cells generate suicide bombers.)

Unreal Tournament 2004- I'm ADDICTED to this game.
Final Fantasy XI
Black & White- You get to be a God, good or evil. 'Nuff said.
State of Emergency
Civilization III
Tribes II

Then I have console games:
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Freedom Fighters
Halo
MechWarrior
Rainbow Six 3
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow
Soul Calibur 2
.hack//Infection

The list goes on, but those are the ones I play most often. Smilewinkgrin

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. -Che Guevara[br][br]Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law.[br]-Henry David Thoreau[br][br]In 1903 the United States Congress passed legislation that banned immigrants who advocated the overthrow of government. Wouldn't that include the Founding Fathers?[br]-bkMarcus
05-27-2004 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

rofl @ suicide plane!

i always pick the GLA too, they're such fun to play with. also really suit my defensive playing style when i play with friends in a team - i tunnel everywhere and handle most of the defense while they do the attacking.

i've been playing ut2004 a lot lately as well. i love the new vehicles and teamplay thingies. its a shame most people STILL rather play deathmatch and 1 on 1 tho. what is WRONG with these people?! Sleep

haha, black and white, damn i played that a lot. then i had to reinstall windoze and lost everything :( HOURS of creature training, poof, gone.

i play need for speed underground a lot too. i think i am capable of some impressive lap times even ;D i came 4th at a tournament at a lan recently. i was dead tired during the last few races too Razz

ok ok enuff bragging Smile

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
05-28-2004 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bringdownthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
runescape

http://www.runescape.com Cool i think some poeple already mentioned but i just wanted to say this game is addictive i play it till 2 in da mornin! wake up at 12 play some more its so addictive!Uhoh well if i ever get off that i love diablo!! but i will get off runescape in a bit because games arent fun for me unless i can hack them, and runescape is way to protected for me soooo, ok talk later Dead

"For those who believe, no explanation is nexessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
[Image: cheekstab.gif]
06-11-2004 11:02 PM
jtdavis Offline
Defiant

games

i love war games and games that require skill. games like Wolfenstine and Halo.
07-08-2004 05:30 AM
Unregistered

basiacally i like any game that will keep me occupied for hours on end! :biggrin:

i like unreal tornement at the mo im propa adicted to it!
but some other games i like are:

quake
house of the dead 2
bladerunner
tactical ops
soldier of fortune

theres loads more but i cant be assed to write em!
09-12-2004 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I suck at games like a cow sucks at pooping m&ms. Mostly all I play is the Sims, online rpgs such as Ragnarok Online, and yes... Runescape. Haven't played that for over 2 years, though. Off the computer I play DDR, and thats just about my limit on games.
09-13-2004 08:41 AM
Gaza Offline
Defiant

Runescape

What should I do on runescape I had 12,000 coins and the this bloke stabbed me in the back!CryCryCryCryCry
10-09-2004 05:27 PM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I play a bit of Halo PC (5 more days 'till Halo 2!!!) and UT. I also play Homeworld (the original), but nobody plays it anymore and single player is practically unbeatable near the end. There was this awesome LAN place near my house, but it recently closed. Any AVP2 players out there?

Playing video games is awesome, but MAKING them is even more fun, if you have the patience. If you want to learn how, google "game maker" and click the first link. Download the program and some tutorials. Once you get the basics, making games is incredibly easy, if time consuming.

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
11-05-2004 12:08 PM
cevilgenius Offline
Defiant

My rank of games:
1) Day of Defeat (half-life mod, I play this almost religiously)
2) Counter-Strike Source (half-life 2 mod)
3) Half Life 2
4) Battlefield 1942
5) Rainbow Six 3
6) Everything else included with Steam

I don't go much into console games, I've only played FFX and MGS2 frequently on my PS2, and have yet to get MGS3 (too lazy to get a copy).

Norm
12-04-2004 03:44 PM
MikEms Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

i luv first person shooters the most , especially if they have a lot of adventures and exploring modes - anything that keeps my mind busy hehe

games are a great stress reliever - violence or not , be they pc games or games away from the pc , u basically play games 2 have some fun in the end

so go out there and enjoy Smile

we are all unique in one way - being different - me
03-29-2005 05:05 AM
Human V. 2.0 Offline
Revolutionary

Just a few:
1. Deus Ex: Invisible War
2. Deus Ex, Greatest Game Ever
3. Half-Life
4. Half-Life 2
5. CS 1.6 (Screw Steam!)
6. Empire Earth
7. Full Spectrum Warrior
8. Far Cry

++++++[br]Me, Me, Me - Agent Smith[br]++++++
11-09-2005 03:57 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
Daym

The resemblence in Me and Soulrisers intrests in games shocks me,matey.No fooling,I used to be in one hell of a clan on BF1942,but that went away after BFV came out and we lost touch =(

Star Wars Galaxies was great,while i still had moeny,but i cancelled my account,it was too much like a daily thing and yu had to pay monthly...

Any game that lets me make custom cars is good in my book:Midnight Club 3, NFSU 2 and 1, stuff like that. Gran Turismo 4 is another good one.

Strategy games? Age of Empires, Empire Earth,and Rome: Total War. (Me and me mate brian are Roman RTS freaks =D )

FPS:Undoubtly,my favourite game EVER is Half Life 2. That game is amazing. After beating it in 4 days,i stood speachless. The game is revolutionary. Simply Amazing.

Counter Stike Sources is good,as well as Garrys Mod (For HL2)

BF1942,BFV,BF2,UT04,UT03,Goldeneye for N64 (Old....uh...School),
Battletanx (Third Person tank game from 3DO,Classic)

And as a final note, the worst game I've ever played is probobly Tak 2 (Brians Brother plays that alot..) But i hate platformers anyway..
12-18-2005 12:40 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Toucanman Wrote:The resemblence in Me and Soulrisers intrests in games shocks me,matey.No fooling,I used to be in one hell of a clan on BF1942,but that went away after BFV came out and we lost touch =(

awww... yeah, i still think old 1942 was the best (especially with the DesertCombat mod).

Toucanman Wrote:Any game that lets me make custom cars is good in my book:Midnight Club 3, NFSU 2 and 1, stuff like that. Gran Turismo 4 is another good one.

yeah, i like all the need4speed games. most wanted is really fun (except for the bugs in the game and the catch-up)

Toucanman Wrote:FPS:Undoubtly,my favourite game EVER is Half Life 2. That game is amazing. After beating it in 4 days,i stood speachless. The game is revolutionary. Simply Amazing.

MikEms finished it in like 2 days, but then again, he's special Razz

Hidden stuff:
12-18-2005 10:56 PM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Bf1942

Agreed,Soulriser. I also thought that Battlefield Vietnam was more like a retail mod then a real game. It's good,but not revolutionary,same graphics and such..
12-19-2005 10:33 AM
evlclowndude Offline
Rebel

I like frst-person shooters and stratagy games like: Halo, Halo 2, Half-life, Half-life 2, morrowind, and many others...

"Do it again!!! Exept this time proof-read and use better descriptions!!" screamed the sinester fiqure behind the desk.
12-20-2005 12:20 AM
Arethi Offline
Defiant

i really like neverwinter nigths online and i was a bit addicted to wolfenstein enemy territory but thats over now.
i like first person shooters and some rpgs and some strategy games

I don't support bunny I'm just being payed 0.o
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

the methode is like a walking stick, the free mind walks by itself. - Godfried Bomans
09-24-2006 05:48 AM
R00t Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I've got a new list:

Hitman: Codename 47, Black And White 2, Starcraft / Brood War, Age of Empires 2, Age of Empires 3, Anarchy Online, Command and Conquer: The First Decade, Splinter Cell / Pandora Tomorrow / Chaos Theory, Half-Life / Opposing Force / Blue-Shift / 2 / Episode One, Counterstrike / Source, FarCry, Operation: Flashpoint, Ghost Recon / Advanced Warfighter, Rainbow Six / Rogue Spear / Raven Shield, Deus Ex / Invisible War, and finally, Silent Hill / 2 / 3 / 4.
09-24-2006 06:06 AM
Demonic Pyro Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I play FPSs, Simulation, and RPGs...

FPSs:
Halo (ofcourse)
Close Combat: First To Fight (based on game used to train marines Biggrin )
007 Nightfire (Multiplayer, me vs 9 computers Evil
I still kick there asses Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha

Simulation:
Star Trek Armada (1 not 2)
Age Of Mythology Gold Edition
Sims 1
Sims 2

RPGs:
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Repulic (1 and 2)
Fable: The Lost Chapters (I get demonic with huge horns, Dark Platemale, Demonic Helm, and the Sword Of Eons Evil )
Guild Wars
Runescape every now and then...

:-P
That is all.
09-25-2006 11:49 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

i have fable: the lost chapters, i am a good angel. not sure what weapons but i think im like 54 in that game. Oh well.

I mainly play rpg games, im here alot so runescape now and then, pokemon xd (dont ask, its just something to waste my time) and other rpg's. I might get okami if we get a ps3, because my dad wnats one.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
09-26-2006 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I would play video games but I sold my Gamecube, my DS got stolen, and my PC sucks. It doesn't even have AGP! I'm stuck with a crappy 2.2 GHz Celeron, 512 MBs RAM, no DVD, and a PCI Nvidia FX5200.
09-26-2006 12:07 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

thats sad. my old neighobr, zakk, his uncle mike was notorious for stealing zakk's nice things

For example, his greenish gold gameboy sp, and gave it to his daughter. Zakk went to appleton and got it back, luckily.
His gameboy micro, he gave it to his daughter yet again. Zakk's older sister saw it in mike's room, she told zakk about it because she forgot to steal it back. Things also include, some of his games, a nintentdo 64 (he has two, no three of them), a play station, a cellphone, another ds, and umm a keyobard i think.

09-26-2006 12:22 PM
R00t Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Kirby Wrote:I would play video games but I sold my Gamecube, my DS got stolen, and my PC sucks. It doesn't even have AGP! I'm stuck with a crappy 2.2 GHz Celeron, 512 MBs RAM, no DVD, and a PCI Nvidia FX5200.

Hey! You're just an inch below me.
I have a 2.01 Ghz, 512 MB, AGP Radeon 9800.
And I got lucky. I got a DVD slot.
09-26-2006 01:01 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

i think i have much higher, for my dad is the ultimate computer geek. He sold most of his cooling equiptment and got a really teenie weenie motherboard that kinda sucks.

09-27-2006 11:37 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

ChaosSplintered Wrote:Hey! You're just an inch below me.
I have a 2.01 Ghz, 512 MB, AGP Radeon 9800.
And I got lucky. I got a DVD slot.

Sorry guys, but I must Raise the bar.

AMD Athlon 64 3500 AM2 Processor Overclocked to 2.6ghz
PCI-Express x16 PNY nVidia GeForce 7600GT at 560 Core clock
Dual-wielding 1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800
200GB Maxtor HDD
DVD Drive
BIOSTAR Motherboard w/ nforce 4

Bitch.

Cool
09-27-2006 08:14 PM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

i have no clue what my comp runns on. i just know its good

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
09-28-2006 05:26 AM
Unregistered

ChaosSplintered Wrote:Hey! You're just an inch below me.
An inch? At least you can upgrade your video card!
09-28-2006 12:23 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

im sure my comp runs on the newest nvidia motherboard.....it will, because my dad is ordering new equipment after taxes.

09-29-2006 07:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I tried to play Metroid Prime games, but I can't even get into it. True Strasserist 1 2,311 01-25-2015 01:16 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  How do you play your games? Faby 17 13,578 11-16-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  The games forum lacks serious games... aaaaaaasd 17 4,382 03-24-2010 01:36 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  RTS games/MMORPG games aewanko 9 3,758 12-19-2008 11:28 AM
Last Post: arthasmenethil