RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FACELESS
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
FACELESS

I'm starting an underground newspaper in my school called FACELESS. I just printed out 80 pages (that's 20 issues) on my home printer! Phew!Rolleyes
05-20-2004 05:59 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Could ya send meh a copy?Shy
05-20-2004 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Ok!

What's your email address.
(this is me, landfill but I can'r be bothered to login cos I just gotta go and burn some meths!!! :rolleyesSmile
05-21-2004 01:57 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

send me a copy too! heck even better, attach it to a post here. see the little "attachment" box at the bottom of every post form? use that Smile

try zipping it first to make it smaller. the max size is 488KB.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-21-2004 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Well, ok, but don't get your hopes up cos it's reaaaaly baaad!!!
It's just plain ascii and is mostly a load of junk. For issue 2, I might make it graphical.
Well, here it is anyway!
05-22-2004 04:37 AM
Unregistered

Oh and by the way, to view it properly, copy all the text into Windows Notepad (assuming you use windows, sorry if you don't!) and turn word wrap on. That should display it how it looks when it's printed!
05-22-2004 04:40 AM
Krankes Gehirn Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Water: Nature's Fruit Juice

If I may quote a section entitled "Exposure" from this 'newspaper':

"Think of water. one of the most plentiful substances on the planet. For a healthy diet, we need about eight servings of 240ml per day. That's about two litres. How much are they selling it to you for? 35p for just 33cl! Terrible!

How much do you think it would cost to set up up reasonable quality water dispensers around the school. Probably less than £10 per dispenser, per month. We worked out that the vending machines themselves make about £10,000 per year!

These would provide reasonable quality water, instead of the crap that they serve us in the canteen! One teacher said, "That's the only tap I trust!", talking about the tap in the tuck shop area. He revealed that it is the only tap that is connected directly to the mains water supply. God knows where the other taps come from!

We need a decent supply of water at school, because we shouldn't have to carry around almost two litres of water, on top of the extremely heavy weight of our bags, unless we want to permanently damage our shoulders!

So I urge you to boycott the extortionately priced water in the vending machines, and drink as much as you can at home, 'cause you ain't getting anything other than low-grade shit at your 'fantastic' school."

Gee willikers, Batman! Stupid people paying for overpriced crap? That can't be true! And what's that you say about carrying water? Who in their right mind would carry that much water if they could just as easily drink at home? Gee golly gosh!

"God knows where the other taps come from!"

Wait, Isn't he supposed to know everything? Hmm! Well I know where the "other taps" come from! They come from a factory on Mars. Yes it's true; we've been on Mars for thousands of years now. And we've also been harvesting water there and bottling and sending it here to be sold for extraordinary prices for hundreds of years. That's right, the reason bottle water costs so much is because it is from another planet. Mwahahaha! We do it to torment students and adults alike, because we like to see articles about water prices in crappy 'newspapers', if you can even call them that. Mwahahahaha! But now you know too much, and must be "phased out"

So I bid you farewell, Mwhahahaha!

- Krankes Gehirn

P.S.
You may want to leave the galaxy before they come. I'm currently packing as I type this and hope that OH MY GOD HERE THEY CO

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." [br]- Aristotle
05-22-2004 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

yeah, well, I never said it was good!
Embarrassed
Anyway, the next issue will prolly make more sense cos we just knocked up this one really quickly!
05-22-2004 10:45 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

well it's a lot better than the first issue of my first "underground paper" ever was.

maybe that's because i didn't make one.

alright, let me rephrase that.

it's a lot better than the first version of School Survival was back in 1999, that's for sure Wink

lookin forward to the next one. did you get any feedback from the people in school yet?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
05-23-2004 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Nope, none yet unfortunately!
I don't think our random insertion of issues in lockers tactic was very good at distributing.
On friday, we took a whole bunch of school newsletter crappy things out of their stands and replaced them with faceless issues!!!
Maybe that'll get some feedback, even if it's only from the school librarian!!! (We saw her reading a copy!) :biggrin:
05-24-2004 04:24 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

lol

did you see the librarian's facial expression while reading it? those are always fun things to see Smile

as for distributing, have you seen my zine guide yet?

anyways, here's some distribution tips copied straight from there:

Step 4: Distribution
This depends on your school. If you're just starting out, you can walk around with a pack of issues and hand it out to random people in the hallways. If you get to class early, put one on each desk (again, that depends on your teacher). You could put a pack in a good place, like in the front of the school, or on a table in a hallway. You could also put a copy on students' cars in the parking lot, depending on how your school is set up. Either way, as long as distributing your 'zine doesn't cause much disruption of normal classes, they can't stop you from continuing.

another idea i just thought of, stick one up on a bulletin board or something. so passers-by can read it there. and also so they recognize it when they see a stack someplace else so they know what they're getting.

Hidden stuff:
05-24-2004 08:02 AM
Unregistered

Yeah, I made some posters so I could put them in the teacher's registers so they read them out in form time and then put 'em up on the notice boards. I left 29 issues on top of a toilet, so anyone who goes in there will see them, but the people at my school are so stupid they'll probably just throw them all in the toilet.

I've also started post notes around the school telling people to email their locker number to facelessnews@yahoo.co.uk and we'll post them a copy. Doesn't seem to have worked yet though!

Unfortunately I didn't see the librarian's face as she read it because I wasn't part of the group who did the library distribution, but I guess it was quite funny Laugh !

I've read your 'zine guide and it was pretty good! I need to make some more propaganda to give to people!!!
05-25-2004 01:37 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

LOL @ the locker number idea! thats cute Smile

yeah, spread that good shit around Razz alrighty, everyone who reads this thread, go download that FACELESS issue and print a few copies and spread it around YOUR school, how's that for a plan? Smile

times like these make me wish i was still in school. how ironic is that?! Uhoh

Hidden stuff:
05-25-2004 12:10 PM
Optik Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Zine

Hehe, I'm working on my first underground 'zine myself this summer. It's name is going to be "Thought Criminal", a reference to George Orwell's "1984", if you didn't know already. I think there are various ways of distribution, and I really liked your idea of having people e-mail their locker number, and you'd deliver it. That's pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. -Che Guevara[br][br]Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law.[br]-Henry David Thoreau[br][br]In 1903 the United States Congress passed legislation that banned immigrants who advocated the overthrow of government. Wouldn't that include the Founding Fathers?[br]-bkMarcus
05-27-2004 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

I hope to be one of landfill's distributers soon.:biggrin: Unfournanately, our school newsletter costs .25 cents and it's still crap. There is no bin to replace the school shitletters with landfills, but hey, I could remove the American Clasifides and do a friendly swap!Laugh
05-29-2004 11:19 AM
Unregistered

hehe, cool.
I don't think anyone really read many issues cos I haven't got any emails. The people at my school are so stupid, they probably didn't understand it anyway! I think I'm gonna make some more propaganda and post it around.
06-09-2004 05:21 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

haha. ah well most people it seems don't tend to try and make contact after reading something you wrote. or thats how it is with this site anyway.

if you keep posting things around the school and people keep seeing it, eventually at some point it will catch their attention to the point that they remember about it after they leave and go home Razz

Hidden stuff:
06-09-2004 12:32 PM
Unregistered

"hehe, cool.
I don't think anyone really read many issues cos I haven't got any emails. The people at my school are so stupid, they probably didn't understand it anyway! I think I'm gonna make some more propaganda and post it around."
never think that america (or students of american schools) are stupid. you dont beleive me just look at sports shows with all there statistics. sure americans are ignorant but there brain still works. what we need to do is find rules that all students hate. for instance at my old school there was ssr (silent sustained reading) and almost 90 percent of my classroom didnt read. so it was a waste of time. if there is a program at my high school like it i will fight that first. my plan is to replace ssr with an recess like program where students can exercise or just hang out. my reason to the administration will be that obestity is taking the youth and we need to get rid of things that just wastes peoples time. i think that people will respondto this and this will lead to more social protests. like legalizing weed or stopping the war in iraq

also make isses fun write stuff like the principal is a witch and looking in her in the eyes could turn you to stone. and write a whole article of something you could do if a friend of yours gets turned into stone.
and when student council elections come up write articles telling kids to run with platforms such as free condoms distributed to the library, etc.
07-21-2004 04:52 AM