RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who here likes green day?
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
who here likes green day?

Green Day is the best band in the world. no other bands compare. anyone who doesn't agree is my enemy. Upset

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
08-12-2005 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
greenday

No greenday kinda sucks now...but i like their older stuff...None

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
08-17-2005 01:42 AM
FuckAmerica628 Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
why?

i think greenday is one of the best representations of greedy "musicans" who only care about getting there new single played over and over again on mtv and making as much money as they can by selling out their image. That doesnt irritate me as much as the people that think greenday is a punk band.the same thing goes for blink 182 or simple plan or any of those other fasionable punk bands that sell there image out and try and make people think there something there not. Im not gonna go off and say the music is bad , its just not my taste, it just seems so fake listining to billy joe rant on about george bush just like every other "fasion punk" band, it just seems over played and people arent getting the full picture of why bush's america is bad. It just seems like there hating the government because its a fasionable thing to do as opposed to accually giving a fuck about the real problems with mainstream america and trying to change it while there in the spotlight, instead they just play off it and make as much money as they can. I just think its funny when people think their a punk band when they are the complete opposite of anything relateing to that word. But hey you kids think its cool to be differnt and hate your school and your government just for the sake of being cool. Mabey you'll eventually get tired of listening to 3 power chords over and over again and some guy twice as old as you telling you about girl friends and how bored he is.
09-01-2005 01:38 PM
FuckAmerica628 Offline
Defiant

but its not that what you think doesnt matter, you can like greenday all you want and im not against you for that, Just when you have a cocky attitude and say "no other bands compare"." anyone who doesn't agree is my enemy."
shows how closed minded you are about other kinds of music. and how arrogant you are about how other people think.
09-01-2005 01:46 PM
atomicpixy Offline
Rebel

I'm not sure on greenday....

I liked 'em when hardly anyone else did then everyone liked em an they strted to suc ka bit.

I prefer older greenday.

they've turned from punk rock....to punk pop.
I prefer heavey stuff and punk ska so i dunno. humnessYes

Once i knew a monkey[br]his name was brian...[br]and he was blind, Deaf, Mute, Paraplaegic, Psycho, Legless, One armed, ambidextrous, One fingered, bad tempered[br][br]With a twitch[br]*nods*[br][br]crepsuclar pixie @ http://www.2864212.co.uk
09-05-2005 07:48 PM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

atomicpixy Wrote:I'm not sure on greenday....

I liked 'em when hardly anyone else did then everyone liked em an they strted to suc ka bit.

I prefer older greenday.

they've turned from punk rock....to punk pop.
I prefer heavey stuff and punk ska so i dunno. humnessYes

thats what i was gonna say!

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
09-07-2005 06:52 AM
atomicpixy Offline
Rebel

SEEE... i read your mind!!! :biggrin:Yes

Once i knew a monkey[br]his name was brian...[br]and he was blind, Deaf, Mute, Paraplaegic, Psycho, Legless, One armed, ambidextrous, One fingered, bad tempered[br][br]With a twitch[br]*nods*[br][br]crepsuclar pixie @ http://www.2864212.co.uk
09-08-2005 12:59 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

believe you me, i lost lost my mind a few years back. i think its at a friends house or something

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
09-08-2005 06:32 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lifeischeese Wrote:believe you me, i lost lost my mind a few years back. i think its at a friends house or something

well i know i backed up MY mind on a disk somewhere, if i had my mind installed, i might be able to remember which one... Cool

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-09-2005 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

P.I.M.P. probably stole it and is off trying to hack it or something

09-09-2005 08:16 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

FuckAmerica628 Wrote:i think greenday is one of the best representations of greedy "musicans" who only care about getting there new single played over and over again on mtv and making as much money as they can by selling out their image. That doesnt irritate me as much as the people that think greenday is a punk band.the same thing goes for blink 182 or simple plan or any of those other fasionable punk bands that sell there image out and try and make people think there something there not. Im not gonna go off and say the music is bad , its just not my taste, it just seems so fake listining to billy joe rant on about george bush just like every other "fasion punk" band, it just seems over played and people arent getting the full picture of why bush's america is bad. It just seems like there hating the government because its a fasionable thing to do as opposed to accually giving a fuck about the real problems with mainstream america and trying to change it while there in the spotlight, instead they just play off it and make as much money as they can. I just think its funny when people think their a punk band when they are the complete opposite of anything relateing to that word. But hey you kids think its cool to be differnt and hate your school and your government just for the sake of being cool. Mabey you'll eventually get tired of listening to 3 power chords over and over again and some guy twice as old as you telling you about girl friends and how bored he is.

extremely well said, by the way

09-10-2005 06:12 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Green Day kicks ass! Green Day, and Sum 41 are the best

"...if analfrost says killpress is a fag, it must be true. anal never lies. except that time he said he never ate cat shit...that liar"
-Niles Hartley

(quote edited so ppl would know who he was talking about)
12-04-2005 05:57 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

i have one Green Day CD that none of you can get. Its called "Radio Daze". Emiester bought it in a garage sale from this guy who used to know Green Day before they became famous. Emiester burned a copy of the CD for me. Its a radio broadcast of them playing right before Dookie came out.

"...if analfrost says killpress is a fag, it must be true. anal never lies. except that time he said he never ate cat shit...that liar"
-Niles Hartley

12-07-2005 08:18 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

bungalow Wrote:i have one Green Day CD that none of you can get. Its called "Radio Daze". Emiester bought it in a garage sale from this guy who used to know Green Day before they became famous. Emiester burned a copy of the CD for me. Its a radio broadcast of them playing right before Dookie came out.

well, by "before they became famous" i meant before they became really big.

-Niles Hartley

12-08-2005 11:40 AM
jaren Offline
Rebel

green day is pretty good i guess. i like the CD's dookie and american idiot.
02-26-2006 08:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

yeah. dookie kicks ass. my favorite cd by them.

Dookie- #193 On Rolling Stones Top 500 Albums Of All Time
02-27-2006 02:17 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

damn, they only put Dark Side of the Moon at #43...

02-28-2006 07:17 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

thats not too bad.

i never accually saw the list, but i just heard it in a review for dookie. im intrested in finding out what is #1.
03-03-2006 12:31 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: who here likes green day?

[Image: 351j2pw.jpg]

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
03-20-2010 11:34 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Sorry I don't listen to garbage.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-20-2010 11:45 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Green Day sux lol

[Image: glorious666.png]
03-20-2010 02:18 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Green Day was tolerable back in the early '90s.
03-26-2010 12:05 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I still sorta like them, but I haven't listened to them in at least a year.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
03-27-2010 06:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any Green Day fans out there? Missile 2 2,078 07-23-2013 08:58 AM
Last Post: Dead
  Anyone out there who likes immortal technique? undergroundrevolutionary 3 1,498 04-29-2009 06:03 PM
Last Post: undergroundrevolutionary
  Nobody likes anything besides metal or punk or rock youvebeenthunderstruck 65 14,393 04-03-2008 04:41 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Green day & anti-war bands Rebelnerd 17 6,446 12-05-2005 10:32 AM
Last Post: ANAL_FROST!!!