RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(another rant) obnoxios people
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
(another rant) obnoxios people

ok people...whats the deal with bam margera...ok...you know that heart symbol he always uses?

THATS NOT HIS!!!!! he pretty much took it from the band HIM...

so im walkin down the hallway at mi school...and you know these "im preppy but i also want to be a skater" people? well im wearin a HIM shirt with the heartogram (the symbol i was talkin about^^^) and they all go like "hey ur a posuer, your wearing the bam margera symbol on ur shirt and you dont skate!" o and another thing...WHY THE FUCK DO YOU SAY "POSUER"?!?! JUST SAY POSER!!! (i dont even like using the word) if your not french, THEN DONT SAY THE FRENCH WORD FOR IT! ITS THAT SIMPLE! by saying "posuer" when ur not french...your just "posing" as a french person...you know it just pisses me off how people can contridict themselves this badly...and not even know it...

but back to the bam margera shit...people just get so caught up in whats "new" and whats "mainstream" that they dont look at themselves and say "wow...im a complete dumbass for saying this shit"
it just pisses me off how people can go drink their "bottled water" and watch MTV...

music television my ass! the only time they play music is late at night and at the ass crack of dawn...then the rest is just "date my mom" and "perental control" "MTV, brainwashers of todays society...
mtv should stand for Massive Trauma Veiwing

just stay mindful of the stupid shit they put on TV

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
03-02-2006 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

lol..i hate people like that... Rocket
03-02-2006 06:19 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

yea me too..when i moved here to warner robins, i experienced a lot of ignorant ass people doing that to me...i got called a "posuer" and all that shi cuz i wore a volcom shirt but didnt skate as much as the other people

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
03-02-2006 06:47 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

i skate a little bit. i cant do shit, except an ollie. the other day, i waz wearin a beanie, and this prep called me a poser for wearin it.
03-02-2006 07:10 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

juss dont worry bout dem...their dooshbags for even saying shit to you bout what u wear...their gay for sayin shit bout ur clothes

03-02-2006 07:17 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

bam margera didn't steal the symbol, HIM is his favorite band and he asked them if he could use it or something. but stll, i hate those asshole "if you don't skate, youre a loser" people. i dont know about you guys, but all the skaters around here recently started wearing really tight girls jeans...its kinda gross...

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
03-02-2006 07:18 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

yea...they do that shit around here too...i go for the high socks and the really long shorts...cuz im a gangster ass muthafucka...but he kind of over uses the symbol...hes a fuckin asshole too i met him in person hes a ass...

03-02-2006 07:21 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

of course hes an asshole, hes just another dumbass who got a break on mtv.

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
03-02-2006 07:29 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

in my opinion...everything on MTV is stupid as hell...unless ur high...and bored...and someone had a gun to your head...

03-02-2006 07:34 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

modest mouse Wrote:in my opinion...everything on MTV is stupid as hell...unless ur high...and bored...and someone had a gun to your head...

my sentiments exactly. all this reality crap, is just plain stupid, people who watch it have no life whatsoever. jackass was funny, but the whole reason they stopped making it was because mtv wouldn't let the cast do what they wanted. andy milonakis is a retard, hes not funny and he ripped off a billion other original shows. also, mtv stopped playing music years and years ago, now all they play is "gangsta" rap and hiphop...

03-02-2006 07:38 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

i kinda like viva la bam tho. its funny. but i can picture him being an asshole. all rich people are assholes who dont want anything to do with others.
03-02-2006 08:38 AM
retardhick Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

does anybody know why beavis and butthead was taken off mtv? that was the best show
03-02-2006 09:12 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

they were playin it on comedy central for a while...i think they took it off because it was too good for MTV...

03-02-2006 10:33 AM
ANAL_FROST!!! Offline
Pariah

i knew that. but i bought Vol. 1 on dvd Biggrin
03-03-2006 02:46 AM