RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY?
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
WHY?

Ok, I only know the basics of politics (ex. Bush sucks, the governments corrupted, Cheney's a monster, Bush Cheated, then a little more details on the subjects) so I'll probably so something syupid and not real. Well, we're all are/going to be taxpayers rights. So we pay for EVERTHING right? Well why the hell are they making the disicions(sp?) I mean how far are we in debt be cause of Stupid? I know Bush is in favor of rich people and is completely ruining the economy of our country and fucking up the rest of the world(you know doesn't it seem like that the presidents know a days are all more powerful than anyone else inth e world?) So why are we sitting on are asses and let thme scandel money that we payed for on stupid shit like the war in Iraq??? Suspicious Confused
03-09-2006 02:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HappyJ Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Because America is a Partial Democracy. Most people who say things like this ( I used to until i did some reasearch) don't realize how many decisions that the president ande people who are in politics make every day. Seriously, If the government was a complete democracy, and the people were forced to vote on every single thing that went through the government system, nothing would get done because noone would be able to goto work, people would die from sleep and food deprevation. There are literally hundreds of decisions that are made a day, Now I don’t know about you but I certainly don’t want to be sitting in a voting box for ¾ of my life…
03-09-2006 05:20 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

it's better that sitting in a multi-billion-dollar deficit hole for ALL of your life...

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
03-09-2006 05:40 AM
HappyJ Offline
Renegade

Well people as a whole are dumb. Do you really want [steryotypical] hillbillies (no offence to anyone) voting on issues that use long words?

I again state this is not meant to offend anyone

Even so, The american people can't handle all of the decions that go through the government every day. Besides, there are things that the government knows and does that the american people don't know about, and its for the better, even if you dont think so, it IS better off. Some of the things that go on behind closed doors should stay behind closed doors, otherwise we would be in a paranoid state of alert 24/7
03-09-2006 06:26 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

HappyJ Wrote:Well people as a whole are dumb. Do you really want [steryotypical] hillbillies (no offence to anyone) voting on issues that use long words?

I don't know. Do you really want 16, and 17 year olds voting on issues when they can't spell, and know shit about politics? Alot of people in general will say no. But people on this board will say yes. We can't discriminate against people on basis of thier ignorance, then champion for someone elses rights.
03-09-2006 08:23 AM
HappyJ Offline
Renegade

Ayliana Wrote:Do you really want 16, and 17 year olds voting on issues when they can't spell, and know shit about politics? Alot of people in general will say no. But people on this board will say yes.

Umm actually, I would say no, Why let them vote on it if they can't even understand what it is their voting on. Yes some select few teenagers (mostly people who are intelligent enough to hold a conversation.. AKA. almost anyone signed up for this forum) are intelligent enough to understand this and vote on things like that but just because theres a select few (probobly less than 10% of the teenage population) doesn't mean that their going to let everyone vote, and their not going to make an exception for the select few, why, because life sucks...
03-09-2006 08:32 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

alyiana, we're not discriminating. we're doing the opposite. we're saying that everyone should vote.

and for those of you hwo think voting should be done by only those qualified, let me ask you this: who will be the ones deciding who's qualified?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
03-09-2006 08:59 AM
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

i definitly wouldn't trust most of the kids my age to vote responsibly...

and for the deficit and us having to pay for it, etc: bye bye alls, i'm a-movin' to canada!

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
03-10-2006 07:24 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

i hate it when people tak about voting "responsably" it just sounds wrong. who are we to propose rules based on our opinions of someone else's voting decisions? it may appear irresponsable to us but it's still their decision. even if they vote for the kkk or some fucked up shit like that, it's still THEIR decision.

03-10-2006 07:53 AM
HappyJ Offline
Renegade

Rebelnerd Wrote:i hate it when people tak about voting "responsably" it just sounds wrong. who are we to propose rules based on our opinions of someone else's voting decisions? it may appear irresponsable to us but it's still their decision. even if they vote for the kkk or some fucked up shit like that, it's still THEIR decision.

Thats not what voting irresponsibly is. If you agree with the KKK and you vote for them thats responsible voting. irresponsible voting is you dont watch the media, you dont know whats going on, someone tells you that theres a vote, so you run to the voting booths, and pull random levers... basically. Or vote for someone just because they look better than another person, tahts voting irresponsibly. Responsibilty at the polls has nothing to do with who/what you vote for/against, its all about how much information you have on the subject.
03-10-2006 09:18 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Quote:i definitly wouldn't trust most of the kids my age to vote responsibly...
and for the deficit and us having to pay for it, etc: bye bye alls, i'm a-movin' to canada!

Well can we here AGEISM and STEREOTYPING! Well I pretty much agree with HappyJ.
03-10-2006 11:06 AM
HappyJ Offline
Renegade

freak-of-nature13 Wrote:Well can we here AGEISM and STEREOTYPING! Well I pretty much agree with HappyJ.

Ya know, for years now i've been wondering if Humans are still evolving and if so, in what way. Thank you, You just made me have REVELATION.. well a realization atleast. Yes humans are evolving, but in a bad way. Ageism and Steryotyping, no maytter how much we try and stop it, has evolved to be human nature...
03-10-2006 11:41 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

HappyJ Wrote:Or vote for someone just because they look better than another person, tahts voting irresponsibly.

that's not just teens, look at nixon vs. kennedy. i know it turned out they were right, but still...

03-10-2006 11:42 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lifeischeese Wrote:i definitly wouldn't trust most of the kids my age to vote responsibly...

neither would i, nor would i trust most of the people my parent's age to vote responsibly, nor would i trust most people my grandparents age to vote responsibly... fact is, all most people know is the 'promises' the politicians make, there's not enough real information on those bastards out there...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-10-2006 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freak Offline
Fanatic

ok this is what presidents do for their electial campaign:
1. Say they'll do everything for the neviroment
2. less tax cuts
3. More crimial justice
4. Be harder on teens
5. and God Bless America and all the other bullshit they spred around.

I like that South Park video was completely correct. In every election its allways between a Douche Bag and a Turd Sandwich
I think the Ultra-hippie(Nater(sp?)) would do good as president no matter what Kerry and him should have won against Bush but he has to cheat doesn't he??? Well they lie to get into office, what would you do if you could have gotten the (sopposedly) best job in America? And why hasn't any lone assasinated BUSH!!!!! Fu

Ok BTW: If any type of government official in here, then I am NOT saying that I was going to assasinate that basta..excuse me. That dumbas.. I...uh..mean Bush yeah and I wasn't hinting to anyone that they should do it (hint...hint..) Razz
03-11-2006 07:35 AM
HappyJ Offline
Renegade

freak-of-nature13 Wrote:And why hasn't any lone assasinated BUSH!!!!!

Thats the only reason i watch his speeches. in hope.. i mean.. uhh.. worry?
03-11-2006 08:22 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

i watch them to laugh at his mistakes and mispronunciations. some are pretty classic. "switchgrass!" "moo-lahs! (mullahs)" "misunderestimated".

03-11-2006 09:22 AM