RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warren Jeffs and the FLDS
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Warren Jeffs and the FLDS

The day Warren Jeffs got arrested, I watched some news station (I think CNN) that had a few guests seperately discussing what he had done that had been so bad. I can't remember exactly what the words were, but I remember that they could also be used as discriptions of school without making any changes. Interestingly, the guests couldn't grasp why the government had been doing so little to stop Warren Jeffs.

I couldn't find any transcripts online, so just try to watch something like this; you'll find it funny.
09-03-2006 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Who's Warren Jeffs?

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
09-03-2006 08:36 PM
xXThe Damnation ProjectXx Offline
Fanatic

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

what exactly did he do all it said was sumtin bout violence ????????????//

Freya Stark - “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”

[Image: untitled-4.jpg]
09-04-2006 03:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freak Offline
Fanatic

How is a rape of girl age 14-18 and arranging a marriage between a 16 year old and a 28 year have to do with school? OK, I don't like school, and it IS a corrupted piece of shit. But I think that would be an overstatement.

09-04-2006 11:02 AM
Fanatic

freak-of-nature13 Wrote:How is a rape of girl age 14-18 and arranging a marriage between a 16 year old and a 28 year have to do with school? OK, I don't like school, and it IS a corrupted piece of shit. But I think that would be an overstatement.

so he raped a young girl and arranged a marriage for a 16 year old and a 28 year old?

Freya Stark - “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”

09-04-2006 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Do you live in the United States? It was really big in all the news stations a few days ago.

The Wikipedia article isn't really complete. Search for some news articles and interviews. I actually haven't been able to figure out exactly what he's done, but I'll explain it as well as I can: All of his followers completely believe his preaching and obey his orders. According to the rules, he has to grant people permission for a lot of things. He can do whatever he wants because everyone thinks he's God, so he (like many of his followers) has raped, abused, many women. Also, for some reason, children are abused a lot, and they fear the outside world.
09-04-2006 12:23 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Like those fucked up polygimist camps?
And his crime is basically brainwashing people to be even more moronic, and evil. Wonderful. GIVE HIM THE CHAIR!
Brainwashing should be considered a federal offence don't you think?

09-05-2006 02:35 AM
Fanatic

yea i do but ive been grounded and havent been able to watch tv or get on the comp

all i could do was read my books

09-05-2006 02:50 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

stupid mormons... Suspicious

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-05-2006 08:02 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Yes Laugh

09-05-2006 09:15 AM
Fanatic

i aint morman

my mom just thinks that tv and the comp are corruptin me

09-05-2006 10:14 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

You mean enlightening you on how corrupt, cruel, and evil the world is. How ironic.

09-05-2006 10:43 AM
Fanatic

lol

no its because the tv and shit i look at on the computer i can understand wheres shes cumin from but its just shes different from me im the black sheep of my family

my sister trina shes a wigger or whatever

me mum is a wigger/hick type deal goin on there

my dad i dont even know what hes like cuz hes complicated but he aint like me

my step sister listens to all the same shit i do and dresses like i do but sum how were still complete opposites

and the only thing i have in common wit these people is that we all smoke

and the only person i can kinda relate to is my uncle vic but hes a douche sumtimes and he has a very short intension span

09-05-2006 11:04 AM
Fanatic

hahahahahahaha

i doubt we have anything in common cuz they all single me oout and call me a satanist and shit

and the only thing we have in common is that everyone in my family smokes except for the kids under 15

09-05-2006 08:13 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

yes...but not me but then again im not related to him

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
09-06-2006 12:04 PM
Fanatic

yes

every single one of us does

except the young kids

09-06-2006 07:43 PM
Fanatic

pot is ok but its just the fact that its legal

but i meen why would u smoke pot and lose brain cells when u can smoke and hurt ur lungs

id rather be ona breathin tube instead of a special ed class

thats my opinion

09-08-2006 05:47 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

....marijuana barely kills brain cells, actually I think smoking kills more brain cells...or was it something else? I dunno...

09-08-2006 06:28 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Crimson snowfalls post made me want to throw a brick at the wall...how many times do i have to explain the effects of yellow journalism????

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
09-08-2006 12:29 PM
Fanatic

cradle Wrote:Crimson snowfalls post made me want to throw a brick at the wall...how many times do i have to explain the effects of yellow journalism????

ok maxx i said that that was my FUCKIN OPINION U BLOODY CUNT WIPE

and ciggs dont kill any brain cells at all

they just shorten ur breaths

bout it to

o and lung cancer

09-09-2006 02:05 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

See, this is why I told everyone not to pick him as a mod.

09-09-2006 11:32 PM
Fanatic

y cuz i know bout drugs

well u know what cradle i dont give a fuck any more man

every fuckin little thing i fuckin do on here u have to fuckin rip on me cuz its not the way u do it

i have my own fuckin opinions and u have urs ok

leave it at that u dumbass

09-10-2006 01:52 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

~!~CRIMSON_SNOWFALL~!~ Wrote:y cuz i know bout drugs

well u know what cradle i dont give a fuck any more man

every fuckin little thing i fuckin do on here u have to fuckin rip on me cuz its not the way u do it

i have my own fuckin opinions and u have urs ok

leave it at that u dumbass

No...I know more about drugs...Belive me...my sister is a crackhead, my mom smokes pot, as does my sister lesley, my sister has done acid, coke, you name it...

and guess what...shes told me everything about it...

and I wasn't talking about you being an ignoramus about drugs...

Quote:ok maxx i said that that was my FUCKIN OPINION U BLOODY CUNT WIPE

that's what i was talking about...Really...there was no reason to say that at all.

09-10-2006 02:05 AM
Fanatic

well i had a bad night last night including ur fredn kaley in it

she bitched me out because i was labelin her and myself

wtf

09-10-2006 02:07 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

lol...not really my friend...we never talk....

09-10-2006 02:07 AM
Fanatic

well tell that to her

she bitched me out and said that u guys werent friends with me and that everyone hated me until she said i was kewl

like everyone liked her fat bitch ass anyways

09-10-2006 02:13 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

I hated how they kept talking about Warren Jeffs as a polygamist. His being a polygamist has nothing to do with his crimes. It's just the media trying to make him out to be a bad person without actually giving any information about him. Like John Mark Karr who confessed to raping and killing JonBenet Ramsey. The media kept going back to it and back to and back to it without saying anything new at all and just kept jumping to conclusions. Then they found out his DNA didn't match, and they dropped the story pretty quickly. That's why I hate CNN.

They were talking about the most wanted list and they referred to murderers, drug dealers, AND EVEN POLYGAMISTS (gasp).
09-18-2006 01:55 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Well, the polygamy thing did kind of influence his approach to dealing with underaged girls (i.e., procuring them, virtually enslaving them, and the whole harem thing he had going on). It's not the only thing to talk about, certainly, these bastards sure do push my buttons in that regard. Jeffs can fuck who he wants, within reason. Hell, I don't care if he marries 300 women. It's the creepy molester thing he has going on that burns me.

I got nothin'.
09-18-2006 02:05 AM
Fanatic

ROFL

09-18-2006 02:54 AM