RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug Education
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Those anti-drug commercials on telivision. Are they right? (I know they're not but some one was bound to ask) And need details too.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
09-10-2006 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Is it alright if I answer some questions?

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
09-10-2006 10:30 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Lemme see another above the influence one is the girl in her bedroom and she's like crushed to like half her size as a metephor for "peer pressure" then there's the commercial with the girl's sister saying how lazy she's become and how much fun they had until she started smoking pot.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
09-10-2006 10:41 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Yah and those commercials where those parens appear next to them and tell the kids what to do, but they dont appear when the other kids ask the kid if they wanna smoke pot, and then the narrater says if you never told them, how will they know what to do?
09-10-2006 10:44 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

I've always thought that drugs, alchool, etc. is twice as bad forme as I'm diabetic.

True or false? And some info maybe?
09-10-2006 11:00 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

I totally agree with you. I heard this guy died because he drank alcohol and he had diabetes, but it was local, so you probably didint hear it.

yat cops is on, i like seeing fucktards getting arested on television
09-10-2006 11:04 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Stabhead
09-10-2006 11:04 AM
xXThe Damnation ProjectXx Offline
Fanatic

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

how come in the commercial bout smokin pot and the parent didnt wanna yell because he thought it was hypicritacal to be yellin when he smoked pot

y didnt he like sit down and talk to her bout it

Freya Stark - “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”

[Image: untitled-4.jpg]
09-10-2006 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

BigWolf Wrote:Of course, cradle, please feel free. This is a discussion, not a dictatorship/school. Razz

FoN,

I'm pretty sure you already know this, but they exaggerate...immensely. I'm not sure exactly which ones you've seen, but what comes to mind for me is those "Above the Influence" ones.

Example: Guy in a nurse's office, has his entire fist jammed in his mouth. Nurse translates for the guy, because he's unable to speak, he just mumbles. He says that yesterday, his friends wanted him to try pot, and he did. Today, they wanted to see if he could fit his fist into his mouth. He continues to say that he's doing things that aren't him and that he's an idiot.

My first reaction = Wtf

First of all, what does smoking marijuana have ANYTHING to do with fitting your fist into your mouth? Sure, sure, I know the main focues there was peer pressure, but really...fitting your fist into your mouth? Who would even ask someone to do that? It's just stupid. And what makes him an idiot is for trying to fit his fist into his mouth and not questioning his friends' logic, but what they're trying to do is blame his idiocy on marijuana. That somehow, marijuana caused him to be more susceptible to peer pressure, and essentially giving in to peer pressure.

Any other specific commercial you'd like me to tear apart? Smile

Peace,

Wolf

Ah, the myth of peer pressure. I swear to god that people need to believe that their kids are on drugs only because of their shitty ass friends. In fact, when I was 14, my friend Pete got me smoking pot, and he got busted, and his folks wouldn't let us hang out because I was the bad influence. Bullshit. He ended up in rehab and then became a coke addict. The main reason: He didn't trust his parents because they stuck him in rehab instead of just... dealing with him, talking to him, showing him a little love. I'm still pissed. Can you tell.

Here's the truth as far as I can tell. Pot is fun. Some people get carried away with it. It makes you lazy. It can make you lazy in your ability to deal with people as well. In response to what Big Wolf said, maybe "lazy" isn't the way to put it, although I think it's apt in some cases. Rather, you get distracted from the shit that you ought to be doing. It's easy to ignore unpleasant stuff. Acid and mushrooms are okay in the right situations, but not good for all people, and very bad when you need to deal with parents and other authority figures and when you have responsibilities you haven't taken care of. Alcohol is okay, but easy to get carried away with. I wish Americans would just take it a bit less seriously, let kids have access, and then teach them not to turn into drunk idiots/assholes. Meth = bad shit. Heroin = super bad shit. I've lost way too many bros to that shit. That's the kind of shit that takes people away from everything. They may not die, but they will abandon their old lives. Me, I've done it all: TONS of pot, acid and mushrooms dozens of times, drink daily, never done heroin, but I've snorted, eaten, smoked and shot up coke. Coke is bad. It's a tease. No good can come it. However, most of the rest of it is nothing like that bad, unless you, yourself, use it like an asshole.

I got nothin'.
09-10-2006 02:03 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

My sister has heroine addiction...she lied to my mom on christmas...thats some junkie shit if ive ever heard...

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
09-10-2006 02:14 PM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

I'm really sorry to hear that. Out of all my bros in high school, only one of them ever really got his shit together. If I hadn't run off to join the military, I probably would have been there too. Not that the military was the best choice either...

I got nothin'.
09-10-2006 02:16 PM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Oh, I forgot the disclaimer:

This case only represents one person's experience. Individual results may vary.

I got nothin'.
09-10-2006 02:21 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

I haer shrooms taste like shit...i mean...er...i uh HEARD that...

09-10-2006 02:22 PM
Fanatic

dude i bet shrooms do taste like shit cuz they grow from shit

Freya Stark - “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”

09-10-2006 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Just kind of dusty and kind of bitter. I never much minded them.

I got nothin'.
09-10-2006 02:26 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Put them on a peanut butter sandwich...makes a big difference.

09-10-2006 02:27 PM
Fanatic

lol

and u would know this how?

09-10-2006 02:28 PM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Re: Drug Education

I love the way the thread died JUST AT THAT POINT.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
09-15-2009 02:55 AM