RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just fucking lost it
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
I just fucking lost it

Just read this, and I have nothing more to add.

http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2006/09/91106.html

I got nothin'.
09-11-2006 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

wow, i had to read it. it finally came to my senses and noticed how much in pain america really is. The day america changed.

On that day of september the 11th, 2001.
nobody wqs suspecting that we were soon to be in peril
or what lay ahead in three hours time
That day of 9/11 when time stopped in its tracks to watch
Our spirits crash down on the ground.

We weeped and cried
For those who died.
But i was the one who wondered with the rest.
I never really understood why this happened.

Im lost for words
i cant explain my feelings
goodnight and goodbye
Fuck you bush.
09-11-2006 02:33 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

It caught me in a cranky apathetic mood so I have to say somewhat exaggerated.

Where are all the tears when it comes to the war that's been going on in Sudan for decades now? Is the terrorism there somehow less worthy of our attention because it doesn't effect us directly?

Pbblt.

I'm done, I promise.

Don't tag me as a supporter of Bush or anything.

Let's do the time warp again!
09-12-2006 04:48 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Yea the war in Sudan is pretty serious, but it's Sept.11, were remembering the day today, at least we aren't doing it all year.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
09-12-2006 05:03 AM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Happy Camper Wrote:Where are all the tears when it comes to the war that's been going on in Sudan for decades now? Is the terrorism there somehow less worthy of our attention because it doesn't effect us directly?

I guess it's because this is something being done in our name, those of us from the U.S. Also, I was just reading some other stuff on that site and really didn't expect it. I guess I was vulnerable or something at that point, because I just felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest. What has happened to my country, and my countrymen? I was a Marine back in the days of the 1st Gulf War, and I've got friends over there now, so I guess that's part of it for me as well. It's not that I don't feel for those on the African continent, or the world's children who live and die in obscurity, well before their times. Each such death diminishes me. It just seems like after all these centuries we would be better at alleviating misery. Guess not.

I got nothin'.
09-12-2006 05:04 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Not an attack at you Doc. I have friends over in Iraq too.

I'm just...globally sensitive or something and lacking places to vent.

That and I totally forgot today was 9/11... >.<

*bad patriot*

[This also makes my Mom's birthday tomorrow. So now I'm a lousy daughter. Bah.]

09-12-2006 08:08 AM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

No need to apologize at all. Smile I just figured if I got something out of it, somebody else might. It's sort of an adjunct to the Doc Johnson Super Kidz Mentoring Program ™ over here at School Survival. Laugh

I got nothin'.
09-12-2006 08:30 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, true, i forgot for a while. then my dad popped in our 9/11 vhs and we watched the thing happen like it was happening that moment. i watche da few specials like miracle of stairway B, and some countdown to 9/11 thing where it did minute by mintue commentary crap. I was only in 3rd grade at the time, and my teacher was out of the class room for an hour, we had one long fucking recess, im sure. When i came home, my dad was bawling like a baby.
09-12-2006 08:57 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

I remember it. I was in seventh grade. Our teacher was running late and we were getting fidgety. We were talking like crazy and Mrs. Rice came in with a radio in her hand telling us what happened. And we listened in and everyone was distracted the whole morning. Then at lunchtime we were allowed to go to Mr. Walhout's room and watch the news. Me and a couple of my friends went with most of the eighth graders. Nobody had much of an appetite but I wasn't about to give up my appetite because it was taco day. I mooched off my friends and got ten tacos altogether.

We were all pretty much in shock. Don't be fooled by my taco obsession.

09-12-2006 09:03 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Normally when i get fidgety and worried, i usually get hungry. that day was pizza day and i got three pieces. our teacher recorded it from her house, and we watched it th next day.
09-12-2006 09:06 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

we were in fifth grade, and for some reason they kept us inside(!) for recess and didn't say why. then one teacher told her kids and so there were rumors everywhere that the palestinians were nuking us. they still didn't tell us anything, and it wasn't until i got home that i actually figured out what was happening, everyone was watching tv and they explained it. i was pretty little and didn't understand all the implications of it, but it still freaked me out because i had been to the top of the towers on vacation once, and that sort of grounded it in reality for me.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-12-2006 10:17 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

I didn't here anything at school. But when I got home my friend told me. And I was like WTF!?!?

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
09-12-2006 10:29 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

My grandfather told me...but i was in third grade...so I didnt quite understand the concept of death.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
09-12-2006 10:30 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

me neither biut as we grow, we think 'Why didnt understand?" Maybe there wasnt a reason for that, but know i bet we are ready, durr. i watched like forty minutes of nine eleven footage from fox news channel. they used actual footage and ran the whole thing. World aint fair, no it isnt. But we are always forced to endure the iunendurable at reckless, tradgic times.
09-12-2006 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

9/11 is a symbol of the start of the age of terrorism. It started in the 1990s after the fall of the Soviet Union. But it took ten years until terrorists did something dramatic. We can bitch and moan about the War of Terror and how it's turning America into a police state, but the terrorists are serious and they want to kill us. Usama has been given permission to kill up to ten million people from a nuclear bomb. Nuclear. Bomb.

But 9/11 did nothing to change the people of America. Sorry if it's harsh, but it's true. People are just as fat and lazy, still destroying the environment, still tolerating idiots as presidents. I recently heard that NASA scientists have given us a ten year window to stop destroying the environment, otherwise much of the human race will be destroyed. Warning after warning we have heard, and Bush says he doesn't want to hurt the economy by joining Kyoto, not that it has done anything, most countries are going over it. Want to know what'll really hurt the economy? Manhattan underwater, crop failures, extinction of 50% of species, hurricanes, droughts, and millions of people dead.
09-18-2006 02:14 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Kirby, you are truly a ray of sunshine. Laugh

I got nothin'.
09-18-2006 03:17 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

True it is kirby, you explained what ive been trying to understand, although i understand most of it, just not that part.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
09-18-2006 03:35 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

Wow, I never thought my thoughts were that good. I thought I was just going my own way.
09-20-2006 12:39 PM
Quote this message in a reply
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

true, but you never know when someone else has the same opinions as you.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
09-22-2006 09:26 AM