RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
School bathroom issues
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
School bathroom issues

Don't you just hate it when teachers are strict about going to the bathroom? I mean to the point where it is really unfair? There is one teacher who says that she will only allow students to go to the bathroom once per marking period. That's like nine weeks! Do the actually expect us to hold it in for that long?

I just wrote this because it happened to me a few times in the seventh grade. Once, I had to use it badly, and my mean science and math (he teaches math and science) teacher wouldn't even let me go! So I held it in until the bell to go to the next class rang, and I was constipated. I had to go home, the teacher said my grades were going down because of my absences (I had quite a few), and he actually wanted me to do some complicated homework. It actually hurt to sit down, and I had a stomache ache. So I went home after I called my mom, and then I had to take this big laxative pill that I almost choked on.

I had nausea, darn it! Before he left he said that he hoped "that I would feel better tomorrow". Yeah, right. I hate that guy.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
10-06-2006 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Yeah, my science teacher wanted me to finish a huge worksheet to go check my blood suger. Ha. I walked out and went home. Motherfucker. I doubt she's ever heard of a 401 plan.
10-06-2006 11:12 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

I didn't do the work either. That'll show em'. the bast'ds...

Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

10-06-2006 11:16 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Next time you have to use the bathroom, and they say 'no', JUST GO TO THE BATHROOM! Evil
Seriously, if you really have to go, then just go.
And if they try an punish you, bitch 'em out our something.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
10-06-2006 11:39 AM
Andy Offline
Rebel

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I'am a bit confused, do you mean she wanted you to finish a worksheet before you went to check your blood sugar? If she knew you were diabetic (and again I dont know if that word is spelt right >.<) and didnt let you go, that's just grade A ass-hole ness. Checking blood sugar is serious business, especially for diabetics, not being aloowed to leave class even for a medical reason is extremly wrong, I'de shoot that teacher in the face 9 times out in the parking lot Grindteeth !! Or just tell someone who could get them fired. Razz
10-06-2006 11:40 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

That's the right idea! Get them fired!

10-06-2006 11:41 AM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

It sounds vaguely illegal to me. If they ever endanger you, even if it's to the extent of crapping your pants or something, make it hard for them. Ask. If they say no, then demand. If they still won't let you go, then go anyway, and say that when you're done you will be going straight to the principal to explain why you're not in class instead (i.e., because you were forced to "break the rules" and now feel oh so very naughty). That might get you some relief.

I got nothin'.
10-06-2006 11:45 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

That'll work. I won't be in trouble with my parents anyways.

10-06-2006 11:48 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

freak-of-nature13 Wrote:Next time you have to use the bathroom, and they say 'no', JUST GO TO THE BATHROOM! Evil

This one girl just ran out when she had to go to the bathroom, and the teacher gave her detention. She showed the slip to me and it was all "Student WALKED OUT OF CLASS (Underlindes in really dramatic letters)", like it was the worst thing in the world..
10-06-2006 11:48 AM
Andy Offline
Rebel

I especially hate the kids though that go every single day in a class and the teacher gets fed up and places a limit on how many times kids can go. It ruins it for the kids, like me, who only ask to go to the bathroom when they really really need to. Instead the soon to be high school drop outs have to leave to take a walk for 20 friggin minutes and spoil it for everyone. (I really need to get my own topic rather then posting a lot of my rantings in other peoples...)
10-06-2006 11:49 AM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

That's pretty much what everybody else does. It's okay.

I got nothin'.
10-06-2006 11:54 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

That is just bull. It seems like teachers just like to punish good students because of what others did. I'm just getting sick of all that crap we have to take for others!

10-06-2006 11:54 AM
Andy Offline
Rebel

That's my biggest problem with schools (public) is just because one person screws up everyone suffers. Like if someone was cheating on a test because they wrote answers on the brim of their hat or something, now you cant wear hats. If someone sticks gum under the desk, now you cant chew gum. If someone was spilling water or something puprposly, now you cant drink in class. Cause one kid decided to be a jerk off everyone has to suffer the consequences, that's not fair.
10-06-2006 12:16 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

I feel your pain, Andy. One time when I was in seventh grade, my mean homeroom teacher made everyone in my class (including me) write a long sentence one hundred times because of two people. It was within the first week of school that year! I hated her so much...

10-06-2006 12:26 PM
Andy Offline
Rebel

That's a perfect example. Another one I have, is last year in my homeroom 2 kids kept opening a window before the teahcer came in (saying it was too hot, yet it was cold as ice in the room) the teacher came in on friday after putting up with the window being opened up since monday (they did it everyday) and they yelled at everyone. She was screaming DONT TOUCH ANYTHING IN THE CLASS ROOM THAT INST YOURS! IF YOU GUYS KEEP DOING THIS I WILL PERSOANLLY SEE TO IT THAT YOUR ALL SITTING IN DETENTION AFTER SCHOOL ALL OF NEXT WEEK IF YOU DO THIS AGAIN!!! Now I never got detention in my life, I actually never even really talk in school but I was about ready to get up and yell back at the teacher YOU IDIOT, IT'S THESE TWO JACK OFFS DONT PUNISH THE WHOLE CLASS CAUSE OF THESE DICK HEADS! Well I would have re-phrased it obviously, but I wasnt about to take crap because of some kids inability to not open windows.
10-06-2006 12:42 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

That's a good example too. My teacher punished everyone for what others did more than once. One time I missed a day and when I came back everyone had to write another hundred times for what they did when a substitute was there. I had to as well. I asked why she was doing this crap.

My seventh grade teacher: I did that to teach the kids respect.

Me (in mind): Teach kids respect? Rephrase that for me. Oh, you say that punishing innocent kids for what other kids did is teaching them respect? WTF is wrong with you, you slave driving fat sack of crap?

10-06-2006 12:51 PM
Andy Offline
Rebel

That same thing happened to me to! I was not in school the day our English class had a substitute last year and from what I heard our class was terrible, refusing to do any work and back talking the teacher. The next day I came in she gave us like a 20 minute speech and a big thing of work to do. I went up to her, when she was clearly in no mood to talk to any student, and told her I was absent. She said well I'am sure you would have done the same thing. I was like what @_@ I'am a good kid, I do my work and I dont talk to anyone unless we're aloud to. I didnt actually say that but just went uh oh and sat back down. Then she gave me this look like "Dont get smart with me" I was like wtf are you looking at bitch? I'am not a bad kid and I didnt even cause a problem so buzz off. She was a nice teacher though so I didn't really think to much about it. I just thought it was unfair that yet again I was being punished for something others did.
10-06-2006 01:01 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Teachers...they never learn, and they never change. Alright, sometimes they do, but still, you get the point.

10-06-2006 01:03 PM
Andy Offline
Rebel

I think teachers should not be hired just because they've gone through the schooling needed, they should have certain types of people skills and be nice. Half the reason kids hate schools so much is because teachers always have a bad attitude.
10-06-2006 01:09 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

You're right. They should only allow teachers here if they know that the teachers will be absolutely nice.

10-06-2006 01:10 PM
Andy Offline
Rebel

Still if teachers are too nice then get taken advantage of. Gah school is messed. Just ban it from the country already! START THE RIOT!!!! *thinks of various KMFDM songs as they oddly fit very well with anti school plans*
10-06-2006 01:12 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

No more school! No more school!

10-06-2006 01:13 PM
Andy Offline
Rebel

Exactly. Preach the words to everyone!
10-06-2006 01:19 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Me: Come on, everyone! No more school! No more school!

Everyone: No more school! No more school!

10-06-2006 01:20 PM
Andy Offline
Rebel

Ha, yeah that's how it should be. We'll have to start our own topic on this matter. Well I'am off for the night, feeling pretty tired and the wonderous joy that is school is tomarrow. But it's friday and a long weekend. AND Mortal Kombat Armageddon is coming out Tuesday, so sleeping gets me there quicker. 5 days left, alright!
10-06-2006 01:23 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Alrighty then. Good night. Man, I'm lucky I missed so much school this week, and I'm getting a half day tomorrow. Can't wait for MKA either. I'll try to get it ASAP.

10-06-2006 01:25 PM
Demonic Pyro Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I hate that, but now the teachers have sign out forms, and if the guy before you isn't back You can't go. Which is dumb because some people you know just are going to go and talk, it still sucks.

:-P
That is all.
10-06-2006 08:46 PM
Mom Offline
Renegade

freak-of-nature13 Wrote:Next time you have to use the bathroom, and they say 'no', JUST GO TO THE BATHROOM! Evil

I agree. Don't ASK to go to the bathroom, TELL them you are going.
Seriously, they cannot punish for having to perform a bodily function.
10-06-2006 10:53 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, you're right. They're just trying to force us to hold it in because they're trying to turn us into robots.

10-07-2006 01:21 AM
Andy Offline
Rebel

Well I got to stay home today Smile but I'am sick :(. I dont care though, now I have a 4 day weekend Biggrin. A few teachers I have, especially my studies (free periods) have kids wait to go out one at a time. The kids that go out first take like half the period to come back.
10-07-2006 01:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Teacher Refuses to Let child go to bathroom. Makes her sit in shit. HeartofShadows 21 17,581 01-21-2017 05:23 AM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  Obsessed With Bathroom Usage Evan92 35 11,823 06-28-2014 07:51 AM
Last Post: zerostyle
  Teacher tries to deny me my right to go to the bathroom! Dirtbikemike 19 10,406 03-30-2012 11:50 PM
Last Post: aCol
  bathroom paulhudd 8 2,668 02-21-2010 08:12 AM
Last Post: DragonDusk
  Is new, has issues with school, will now proceed to rant Hel 20 3,389 02-05-2010 09:05 AM
Last Post: Absnt
  Denying bathroom use?! jaded110 69 11,654 08-10-2008 05:28 AM
Last Post: iLabby
  My School Issues Demonic Pyro 22 8,754 01-06-2007 09:38 AM
Last Post: Demonic Pyro