RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peoples
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Peoples

Martin Luther King, JR
Nelson Mendela?
Ghandi

Any other ones that work? I need four of the most influencial people for freedom, love, unity, ect.
(Gotta draw something)

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
10-27-2006 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demonic Pyro Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

oh, I was gonna say Alexander The Great... but that won't work, he's a king Evil

Thomas Jefferson?

:-P
That is all.
10-28-2006 05:23 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

nah, Jefferson was a corrupt slave fucker.

how about some anti slavery person, like Harriet Tubman or Sojourner Truth.
or maybe Stood-in-front-of-tank-at-Tienamen Square-guy?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-28-2006 05:30 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Stood-in-front-of-tank-at-Tienamen Square-guy?

Hahaha, great name. Laugh Good idea though. I mean..standing in front of a huge russian T-series tank takes courage and determination.
10-28-2006 06:17 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

AH! What was his NAME! I should do that by the way.
But anyone who's up in the ranks with Gandhi?

10-28-2006 07:08 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

nobody knows that guy's name, at least nobody who won't get publically executed for saying it.

the wierd thing was, both sides used that picture. the protestors used it as inspiration for civil disobediance, and the chinese government used it as a way to show the discipline and training of their troops. Wtf

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-28-2006 07:28 AM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

And Chang's Driving School uses it in advertising. Apparently the tank driver was a graduate, and believes strongly in yielding for pedestrians.

I got nothin'.
10-28-2006 07:35 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Laugh Laugh Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-28-2006 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

I got nothin'.
10-28-2006 07:45 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Clickie.

Its in there.

Happy Camper hates stretched pages with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

10-28-2006 09:01 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Mother Teresa?
Einstein?
... Does Jesus count? Giggle

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-28-2006 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I think Jesus could definitely count.

Another name that comes to mind is Margaret Thatcher. I don't know if her coming to mind is appropriate but I love her last name and her quotes. Thatcher...

Um...Confucious probably.

Let's do the time warp again!
10-28-2006 10:58 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Who started the buddhit religion.
And how do you turn the big address into a word like "here" or "clickie"
I was trying to figure that bitch out, but it wasn't working.

10-28-2006 11:19 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Elijah Muhammad?

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
10-28-2006 11:20 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Text

Without the *. ^^

Let's do the time warp again!
10-28-2006 11:41 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Oh, kick ass. :biggrin:

10-28-2006 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:stood-in-front-of-tank-at-Tienamen Square-guy?
They call him Tank Man but no one knows who it is.

Quote:Jefferson was a corrupt slave fucker
True that.

SoulRiser Wrote:Mother Teresa?
Mother Teresa doesn't deserve to be near any list of great people. She gave shelter to the sick, but that's it. She thought that suffering was holy and it would bring us closer to god. She deliberately withheld medication to stop people from getting better.
10-29-2006 01:57 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Fucking Theresa. My aunt's name is Theresa. Well my ex-aunt. I disowned her. She fucked my dad over, so did my grandma. I disowned her too.

10-29-2006 02:24 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

howd they fuck him over

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
10-29-2006 04:15 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

My grandma moved into my dad's house. And I lived with my mom, but my 2 of my brothers still lived there. And she would hide the towels, and all that shit. Then she made my dad let my aunt move in. She has two kids, no job, and was leeching off her other sister until her sister lost her apartment. Her sister (my other aunt) went to live with her b/f and my aunt moved into my dad's house.
She's would literally eat ALL the food. Which sucked because my dad stopped buying food in general and when I came to visit, I wouldn't eat anything until 7pm. And she and her kids slept on the couch in the living room. So I slept on the floor under the pool table. I stole one of my brother's blankets, and a cushion from on of the old couched as a pillow.
Everytime I took a shower I had to wash one of my shirts, so I could use it as a towel for the next day. (I don't complain about my living circumstances when I'm there. Rolleyes )
One time she told my grandma I was drinking a beer. It was a sierra mist I believe, I only drink (every) night when I'm up in the loft with my bro. Besides I don't like beer. Booze for me. Fu
She used to turn on the air conditioner in 50 degree weather, raining, with the windows open.
One time I taped the air conditioner thing over and over again. And she ran around the house screamer "DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE!" She's an obese diabetic, and apparently, it being 50 degree's outside isn't cold enough for her, she still needs the air conditioner.
Her and my former grandma used to take money and credit cards out of my dads wallet and spend a shit load of money.
My aunt stole 500$ from my brother Matt, we didn't have proof. But considering the day it was missing, she took her kids out to eat, and bought and x-box. She was pretty suspicious. She didn't have a job either.
My grandma likes lying to me. She said she had a 16 letter blood type. Oh, and that she has such thin blood, that one time all of her blood vessels popped, and she was bleeding severely internly....but she survived. Oh, and apparently her arteries are the size of a normal vein. And she needed a transplant. So now her artery goes from the size of a normal blood vessel, to the size of a normal artery, back to a normal blood vessel.

She also made my mom and dads wedding cake. (They divorced when I was 2, I have the papers)
And she wanted money for her work. Rolleyes

My brother kicked them out. My grandma had a bolt lock on her door, and he kicked the door open. And took out the towels, the soap, and shampoo.
My aunt called me a bitch and was frantic because she had to sleep at her ex's house. I told her she was a rotten little cunt, and that I had to sleep in a tent for 6 months, and she was so willing to help, she said we were dirty moochers. So I said she could go fuck herself 10x over and sideways.
I don't like people. Some are ok.... mostly you guys. But the rest are so....so.... I don't know. Fucked up.

OK, I'm done.

10-29-2006 05:29 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

eh thats nothin compared to my family

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
10-29-2006 05:38 PM