RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pro-School Arguments
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Funded by the american red cross....a huge ...nonprofit company....that is donated billions and billions...not from Americans..(though they do contribute)....but by corperations for tax brakes as well as good publicity

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
03-02-2007 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

Not all soup kitchens. Think of Food Not Bombs or churches.

My point is this, it is possible to have a non-governmental public school system. I never said it was possible under the current situation, I said it was just possible.

This discussion isn't very constructive. Let's go back to how can we change the school system to make it better. Possibly tomorrow I will post improvements I have thought about.
03-02-2007 02:58 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Lando Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Hey Kirby this is a quick question to you. Do you think that we will ever go vocal about the whole, Improving schools by not making them mandatory or that it will ever happen, do you think this sites is helping that cause? Thanks Cool
04-11-2007 05:16 AM
Unregistered

I don't know if people on this site will be vocal as adults but I know that this site is helping. This is the only active website that is populated mostly by students that are against school. People here have set up chapters of NYRA and created organizations for freedom.
04-11-2007 05:25 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

There are a few people being vocal about it, but not a whole lot of people (adults and such) are really listening, it seems. So SS is aimed at the students who already know something is horribly wrong, but just don't know that there are lots of other people who agree. School is still too accepted as a normal thing for the general public to really question it that much.

I'd like to write a book about it someday though. I'm sure I won't be the only one Cool

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-11-2007 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Queen Misery Offline
Defiant

Laugh Your idea of abolishing mandatory education is really bonkers! You should realise by now that no one in their right mind would ever listen to some rebellious, absent-minded yobs, who can't even spell the most simplest words at all! Laugh
04-11-2007 06:37 AM
Lando Offline
Rebel

Yeah, good luck on that book btw, maybe you can help out the next generation because its probably not gona be in ours, but I will work with you guys to help us on our journey, nice to be in the site ^_^
04-11-2007 06:38 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Queen Misery Wrote:Laugh Your idea of abolishing mandatory education is really bonkers! You should realise by now that no one in their right mind would ever listen to some rebellious, absent-minded yobs, who can't even spell the most simplest words at all! Laugh
*Laughs at Queen Miserbitch*
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAA! You're such a stupid bitch! You can kiss my ass, and then I'll shit on your face while you do it! Laugh You'd really like that, wouldn't you, shit eater?

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
04-12-2007 04:32 AM
 Thanks given by: The man
Thanatos Charr Overlord Offline
Revolutionary

',,,' ',,,' ',,,' ',,,' ',,,' ',,,' ',,,' ',,,'',,,' ',,,' ',,,' ',,,'

do you really think you can kill a overlord that even death can't kill? THERE IS NO HOPE FOR U.
[Image: thanatosed2.png] shapeshift [Image: doomcannonsy8.gif]
i will cast this galaxy into darkness.
u could have stoped me from geting the cube but now it is infused into my armor.
so THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP ME NOW
05-23-2007 01:40 AM
Towncommoner Offline
Revolutionary

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Queen Misery Wrote:Laugh Your idea of abolishing mandatory education is really bonkers! You should realise by now that no one in their right mind would ever listen to some rebellious, absent-minded yobs, who can't even spell the most simplest words at all! Laugh

Looks like you could use some "mandatory education".
05-23-2007 06:11 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru , The man
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

queen misery- if u r going to post pro-school stuff on a anti-school webste then atleast back up what you say so we can have a debate; not a childish insulting contest. Also, if anyone starts arguing about how school is great just say this one thing "How will (does if you are older) trigonamtry help e in life becasue i certainly don't want to have a job taht involves trigonomatry?" Someone answer this from there point of view becasue i can't. btw not everything about school is terrible, some teacherslet you think freely like my SS teacher this year; best techer and class ever!

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-14-2007 09:08 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

can i ask ya'll a favor? of course i can... anyways could you wah kirby did at the begging except summarize all of this forum into one Pro School Arguemnts defense taht can't be beaten by pro school peole?

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
06-19-2007 08:27 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

darthmat Wrote:can i ask ya'll a favor? of course i can... anyways could you wah kirby did at the begging except summarize all of this forum into one Pro School Arguemnts defense taht can't be beaten by pro school peole?

That's the eventual idea.

I copied it to the Answers wiki thing here...

Now if more people would add to/edit it, that might eventually happen Wink

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
06-19-2007 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

i new taht i had a good idea somewer in my head! if soukl riser wants to do it it must be brilliant... Cuckoo MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Evil

06-19-2007 09:55 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
darthmat Wrote:can i ask ya'll a favor? of course i can... anyways could you wah kirby did at the begging except summarize all of this forum into one Pro School Arguemnts defense taht can't be beaten by pro school peole?

That's the eventual idea.

I copied it to the Answers wiki thing here...

Now if more people would add to/edit it, that might eventually happen Wink

I would if I could find the underground forum, and therefore the password, to do so.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
06-28-2007 05:37 AM
alovernotafighter Offline
Defiant

Ah, I love you guys... Biggrin

This has been a good past two days...

(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
('')_('')
09-12-2007 07:37 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

alovernotafighter Wrote:Ah, I love you guys... Biggrin

Grouphug

Hidden stuff:
09-13-2007 01:37 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

thats how it starts out.... with a ....Grouphug

then you are given a one on one.....Hug

THEN THIS HAPPENS (especially if it FoN or Kirby).... Pounce

09-13-2007 04:24 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Thats not assraping though, thats a sneak behind hug. Dur.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
09-13-2007 09:46 AM
Unregistered

No, it's consensual RANDOM BUTTSECKS.
09-13-2007 09:54 AM
 Thanks given by: The man
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

WHAT-EVER!

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
09-13-2007 09:55 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Kirby Wrote:No, it's consensual RANDOM BUTTSECKS.
Did kirby just agree with me?

09-16-2007 09:54 PM
Weses Offline
Rebel

-ohsnip-

School was the biggest mistake ever made!
10-12-2007 05:15 AM
Knobby Walsh Offline
Rebel

I have two arguments for getting an education. Yes, I'm a teacher, but I'm speaking more from personal experience and practical application (in short, what's the UTILITY of becoming educated?).

1) I've probably learned more political science and history and sociology and whatnot through my own reading and study. I've also learned a lot in school (not high school, but college and grad school) and having to teach every subject has taught me a lot.

So what I'm saying is this - it has helped me do two main things - 1) as you grow older, the more you realize how business and the government try and rip you off. Becoming educated helps you to avoid altogether or at least minimize the damage of these criminals ripping you off. You can identify their "games," learn to read the "fine print," and all sorts of things that they try to pull on unaware people.

Second, it helps you formulate logical and sound and well-researched arguments verbally and with the written word.

Of course you can learn all this stuff - like I learned a lot of it - beyond the walls of education. But it does help.

"I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they
thought it was hell." - President Harry S. Truman
12-14-2007 11:30 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Knobby Walsh Wrote:1) as you grow older, the more you realize how business and the government try and rip you off. Becoming educated helps you to avoid altogether or at least minimize the damage of these criminals ripping you off. You can identify their "games," learn to read the "fine print," and all sorts of things that they try to pull on unaware people.

learning can absolutely do this, but what if "education" in the government-funded, institutionalized sense, becomes one of those ways they rip you off? when government and business are essentially in control of what the new generation learns and thinks, the potential for abuse of power is frightening. they won't teach kids how to identify propaganda if they're the ones distributing it.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
12-14-2007 01:10 PM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra
KittyKatBlack Offline
Resident Brony

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

One of the only things I like about my Christian homeschooling is that they taught me how to identify propaganda.
12-14-2007 01:33 PM
Knobby Walsh Offline
Rebel

Rebel and Kitty - both good comments but I'll (hopefully) return a better reply later (out of time.................)

KW

"I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they
thought it was hell." - President Harry S. Truman
12-15-2007 07:28 AM
poopidoop2 Offline
Rebel

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: Pro-School Arguments

Kirby Wrote:Pro-School Arguments

Kirby Wrote:1. "If children didn't go to school, how would they socialize?"

Answer: if kids have to sit silently in class all day, how would THEY socilize.

Kirby Wrote:2. "If children didn't go to school, how would they learn to do X?"

Answer: how do you learn from taking tests everyday

Kirby Wrote:3. "If children didn't go to school, how would they become responsible adults?"

Answer: how would you be responsible if you had to be totally silent and untrusted at school, with the tricky test questions, how could you trust anybody?

Kirby Wrote:4. "You should be glad that you have schooling, what about the millions that don't?"

Answer: why not send our truancy officers over there and kidnap them just like us, would they STILL want education

Kirby Wrote:5. "School is just something that everyone has to do."

Answer: kinda like saying everyone must go to prison for 13 years just to make sure people won't get in trouble

Kirby Wrote:6. "Without a high school diploma getting (a job)/(into college) will be very hard."

Answer: if you had gone to a heavily budget cutted school, wouldn't it be hard t get a good SAT test score and get into a good job/college? .[/quote][/i]

If you are reading this, then you have no life
01-15-2008 09:35 AM
 Thanks given by: The man , Avatar Korra
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

look, school has its goods and its bads, and yeah, it needs to change, ALOT, but the very idea is not bad. humanity is flawe to hell, does that mean we should end it? of change it?

Pounce sneak hugs are awsome! not freeking buttsex!

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
01-21-2008 03:29 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

Knobby Walsh Wrote:I have two arguments for getting an education. Yes, I'm a teacher, but I'm speaking more from personal experience and practical application (in short, what's the UTILITY of becoming educated?).

1) I've probably learned more political science and history and sociology and whatnot through my own reading and study. I've also learned a lot in school (not high school, but college and grad school) and having to teach every subject has taught me a lot.

So what I'm saying is this - it has helped me do two main things - 1) as you grow older, the more you realize how business and the government try and rip you off. Becoming educated helps you to avoid altogether or at least minimize the damage of these criminals ripping you off. You can identify their "games," learn to read the "fine print," and all sorts of things that they try to pull on unaware people.

Second, it helps you formulate logical and sound and well-researched arguments verbally and with the written word.

Of course you can learn all this stuff - like I learned a lot of it - beyond the walls of education. But it does help.

Education is one thing. I'm pro-education. I'm just anti-school. Print out the UDOHR, get several highlighters ready, and highlight anything that school breaches.

You'll end up with one colourful piece of paper.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
01-21-2008 09:40 AM
 Thanks given by: The man , Avatar Korra