RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to stop from falling asleep
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
How to stop from falling asleep

I really need to know good ways of staying awake in class. My biology class is the most boring class I have had in my life. Everyday I start to doze off and then wake up. At least one person falls asleep in my biology class every two or three days.
11-11-2006 02:39 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Demonic Pyro Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Idk about that sorry...
I cann't fall a sleep in school unless the whole day was boring...
Even If I didn't sleep the night before somehow I'm alert at school.....

:-P
That is all.
11-11-2006 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Same with me. Once I stayed up until about six after the summer break and I was still completely woke at school.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
11-11-2006 02:43 PM
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I used to have contests with my friend Tim. The person who caught the other guy falling asleep got to hit him. Hard. in the ribs or the shoulder. We used to wake other people up as well. THUD!

I got nothin'.
11-11-2006 02:48 PM
Demonic Pyro Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

LMAO
I would get free hits at all my friends...
GLORIOUS!
Mwahaha

:-P
That is all.
11-11-2006 02:50 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Me too! They would better be prepared for hard roundhouse kicks...

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
11-11-2006 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

Since biology is easy and I never take notes anyway, I'm going to let myself fall asleep and save the effort of staying awake for better classes.
11-11-2006 03:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Well jesus, you could've figured that BEFORE you wrote the topic. Rolleyes

And every class, except for math, you can just use common sense on the quizzes. ...if it's multiple choice it's hellla easy, man.
Take health for example: (I remember this from a quiz last year)
What is one thing that condoms do NOT protect against?
1. Pregnancy
2. Herpes
3. HIV/AIDS
4. Bad taste in music (Sorry couldn't remember last one)

3 is the answer. I know this, because Tyler knows this.

*Condoms do not protect against HIV/AIDS, because the virus is smaller then the holes in the condoms

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
11-12-2006 05:44 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

yeah they do! i mean, sometimes they can malfunction but thats usually because they rip a little or people don't put them on right, stupid stuff like that. the problem is that all it takes is a tiny hole. but if you put them on right and it's intact, it does protect from HIV.

the answer is #2, because that's spread by direct skin contact, not just by sperm. areas can have herpes that aren't covered by the condom.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
11-12-2006 05:47 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

*Point for RebelNerd
Jesus christ, man. Everyone's sapposed to PONDER ON IT FIRST. Rolleyes Then after an hour or two, THEN you completely rip the bullshit out of what the teacher told us.

11-12-2006 05:50 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

.....I see no one caught the Fight Club reference. Cry :waah:

11-12-2006 06:34 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Freak-of-Nature14 Wrote:.....I see no one caught the Fight Club reference. Cry :waah:

I am Jill's complete lack of surprise.

Let's do the time warp again!
11-13-2006 12:50 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

i havent caught the reference. So sad.....so very sad..

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
11-14-2006 03:16 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Haha, good one HC.

11-14-2006 07:46 AM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I started noticing last year that I felt awake in the morning but started feeling tired after attending a boring class. There are two parts to the problem that I noticed:

Your likelyhood to get tired and the severity of your drowsiness is related to how little you sleep every day. You'll still get tired in class even if you sleep the recommended nine hours, but you won't be so tired as if you sleep three hours.

The class is boring, so make it interesting by reading something. You'll probably get caught reading book-format texts, but you won't get caught reading printouts on standard-sized paper. You can find more stuff to read here and here.
11-15-2006 04:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  911 Dispatcher Falls Asleep During Emergency Call In Maryland batboy138 5 2,530 05-24-2012 11:09 PM
Last Post: The Shadowman
  The school Dis. of Phila. finally falling apart... SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT 2 2,277 04-26-2011 11:54 AM
Last Post: Geeksta
  Falling Apart tock172 15 4,558 09-30-2007 03:52 AM
Last Post: Suicidal-kun
  Falling behind Alucard483 40 11,256 11-07-2006 11:31 AM
Last Post: Alucard483