RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Teachers
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
Worst Teachers

I know many people on this forum have had some very bad teachers, but I can only recall one. He was an exchange teacher from England and he taught music and computer. In computer class he yelled at me a lot for doing innoffensive things.

On the first day he was teaching us spreadsheets. I was used to using a different program than Excel, so when he said use sum(A1:A4), I said "actually it's not a colon, it's two periods", i.e. sum(A1..A4). He got really pissed off for some reason. Thinking about it, the way I said it was rather smug but it was no reason to get angry at me.

A few days later, the girl I sat next to was having trouble adding up a column, so I showed her the button that adds the right formula. The teacher saw and got really pissed off again. He told me not to do her work and that we are learning the programming end of the spreadsheet software. I replied with, "I know, it's just easier". Then he said all sorts of ageist crap like "I was using computers before you were in diapers".

One thing I hated about him is that when we did the web site unit, he was a total crackhead. I got like a C because I didn't put in all the things he told us to. Like flashing stuff and crazy colours. I didn't do it because that's not how you make a website. Every other webpage in the class looked like rainbow shit but mine was just green and easy to look at. We didn't even have access to any source code. We were using the editor built into Netscape...

The main thing I hated about him was that he yelled at me and insulted me in front of the whole class. He called me a bastard once, I believe. I never tried to annoy him or disrupt classes. The only thing I ever did was try to help others and do things right. Upset
11-18-2006 04:16 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I had this one fatass bitch of a teacher who always punished people (including me) for things others did. I even missed a day and she punished everyone (including me) for acting up when a substitute was there (I wasn't even there when they acted up, and I had to write 100 times with everyone else!) She says it was to teach everyone a lesson. Bullshit!

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
11-18-2006 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Wait, I thought of another asshole teacher.

I had this one French teacher that in his detentions, you had to stand with your face against the blackboard with your arms raised for 10 minutes. I got detention with him for talking in class. He got fired pretty quickly. Yay!
11-18-2006 04:24 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Well, I had an asshole teacher who tought science and math. One day I had to unleash the dragon aka take a huge dump and he wouldn't let me. I held it in until the hour was over and I was fucking constipated. Then, I had to take a big ass laxative that I almost choked on. I hated that chameleon eye virus (he has one lazy eye) infected looking bastard even more from there on in. Bad thing is, he never got fired like he deserved.

Also, my gym teacher called me and some other guys losers (this was in 6th grade) because we weren't wearing gym shorts. Fucking gym shorts! At least I get good grades in gym and I barely do anything at all. Last year in the 7th grade, I just hung around with my friend, and I got easy As.

Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

11-18-2006 04:29 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

^Same thing for me with the gym thing. 'Cept I usually get a B-.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
11-19-2006 08:48 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

During primetime, my teacher made Drew (a jock football player) hold a piece of paper with his nose for three minutes. he dropped it three seconds from finsishing and he had to do it over again for 10 minutes. he was really god damned pissed after school.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
11-19-2006 09:42 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Shit if the teaacher told me to do that I'd tell him to fuck himself. Mwahaha
Why do people insist on listening to morons?

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
11-19-2006 10:21 AM
Psionicsavior Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I had a school librarian who would tell us how her life sucks and that her child has a "learning disability", how her dog rips up her walls, how her husband is never home, how she can't believe that she ended up a school librarian, how she enjoyed getting bombed at Rangers games, etc etc. We were fourth graders at the time and she spent whole periods complaining about how life's a bitch. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of that school. What really drove me insane was that our school had won a government award that year and most parents bragged about their little egotists' test scores. ><

I had nothing to say
And I get lost in the nothingness inside of me
And I let it all out to find
That I'm not the only person with these things in mind
~Breaking the Habit~
11-30-2006 08:39 AM
smexi-shexi Offline
Defiant

teachers

i have this music teacher - who inase u wanted to knwo is gay - and i was standing outside his clasroom cuz he wasnt there yet and i was looking for my worksheet to give him in my bag and he said to everyone dont chew and obviously i didnt hear him so wen we were in class i was sitting chew and he said to me "stop chewing" and i said pardon and he totally flipped onm me and started shouting at me cuz i didnt hear him! he gave me a whole passage to write out 3 times on the cd.rom. how boring. also he insults everybody - when he was teachin us staccato which incase anyone dusnt no is a way u play the piano. he sauid to us "to make it easier for you to remember, think of natasha because staccato means short and detached just like natasha" and he insults others all the time. its uncalled for. i dropped music. x

Toose!
12-02-2006 08:06 AM
Unregistered

... excuse me? I'm not good at translating internet dialects.
12-02-2006 08:24 AM
habla Offline
Pariah

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

once i had a teacher...in second grade.. well actualy it was a sub, but he called us morons and idiots and NIGGERS?! I WAS LIKE "..." HE GOT FIRED THE NEXT DAY. HAHAH, GEWD!

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it.
12-02-2006 08:43 AM
Unregistered

If I was a teacher I'd either be the worst or the best. I can see myself walking into a class and yelling "'SUP NIGGAZ".
12-02-2006 08:46 AM
habla Offline
Pariah

Kirby Wrote:If I was a teacher I'd either be the worst or the best. I can see myself walking into a class and yelling "'SUP NIGGAZ".

lmao, to second graders? and he wasnt like sup' he was like stoopid niggaz

12-02-2006 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Yep.
12-02-2006 09:15 AM
habla Offline
Pariah

Kirby Wrote:Yep.

gosh, i wouldnt. i'd be nice to them.

oh and anohter sub. she comes in and we watch jerry springer the whole class time and miss the assembly we were supposed to attend. she was actualy reali kewl, but she got fired too: (

12-02-2006 09:19 AM
Unregistered

That wouldn't be me being an asshole to them.
12-02-2006 09:24 AM
habla Offline
Pariah

Kirby Wrote:That wouldn't be me being an asshole to them.

..what wouldnt...ya lost me

12-02-2006 09:32 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Re: teachers

smexi-shexi Wrote:i have this music teacher - who inase u wanted to knwo is gay - and i was standing outside his clasroom cuz he wasnt there yet and i was looking for my worksheet to give him in my bag and he said to everyone dont chew and obviously i didnt hear him so wen we were in class i was sitting chew and he said to me "stop chewing" and i said pardon and he totally flipped onm me and started shouting at me cuz i didnt hear him! he gave me a whole passage to write out 3 times on the cd.rom. how boring. also he insults everybody - when he was teachin us staccato which incase anyone dusnt no is a way u play the piano. he sauid to us "to make it easier for you to remember, think of natasha because staccato means short and detached just like natasha" and he insults others all the time. its uncalled for. i dropped music. x

Please do not ingest large amounts of crack before posting.
Thank you.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
12-02-2006 09:52 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

I used to think that the 6th grade science teacher was a total ass hole because he kicked me out of class for saying "golly gee wilikers."
And then he ended up being really cool now that he forgot who I was. XD

But I think you all know about my crazy fucking math teacher... Noo

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
12-02-2006 09:56 AM
xXThe Damnation ProjectXx Offline
Fanatic

worst teacher was mrs knauer

i was chewing gum and she said spit it out and she gave me another peice for being good and i ate it and she said spit it out again and i said no u said the other peice and she took me up to the office and said i through a desk at her

Freya Stark - “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”

[Image: untitled-4.jpg]
12-02-2006 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

What an idiot.
12-02-2006 01:44 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Kirby's right. I can only guess who dumb that teacher is. Let me guess, is she so dumb she fell up the stairs? Is she so dumb she falls out of a window and goes up? Is she so dumb that she got hit by a parked car?
*Goes on with the dumb jokes*

12-02-2006 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Is she so dumb that it isn't even funny to make dumb jokes about her?
12-02-2006 03:37 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

If someone was that dumb, they would have to be mentally retarded. I don't make fun of people like that. Was that what you were trying to say Kirby?

12-02-2006 03:40 PM
Unregistered

More in a pitiful way. Like tsk tsk tsk, such a wasted mind.
12-02-2006 03:48 PM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Kirby Wrote:More in a pitiful way.
Wait, you're saying my jokes sucked?

12-02-2006 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I was talking about the idiot teacher.
12-02-2006 04:18 PM
Fanatic

Kirby Wrote:What an idiot.

actually no

shes really smart

she is the social studies teacher of all georgia

yea really gay

but she just liked gettin me in trouble and i liked calling her a bitch so it was a win win situation

Freya Stark - “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”

12-03-2006 03:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

People can be an idiot and smart.
12-03-2006 06:31 AM
Fanatic

yea

like me

i act like i am dumb as shit

but when it comes down to the point im smart

sometimes

12-03-2006 02:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the worst thing teachers have done to you? schoolsux 51 21,856 05-29-2017 02:04 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  Worst types of teachers Missile 21 8,126 09-05-2016 08:16 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Middle School Teachers v.s. Highschool Teachers Falsalm 6 5,726 01-01-2014 04:15 PM
Last Post: Falsalm