Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Similar Snowflakes
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 202 thank(s) in 147 post(s)
RE: Similar Snowflakes

May I ask what 'e2' is exactly without going there myself?

I'm just a normal functioning member of the human race and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
11-24-2016 05:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 179 thank(s) in 120 post(s)
Similar Snowflakes

You might as well take a look. The worst (?) thing on the front page at the moment is that somebody has selected a node titled "vagina" for listing in the User Picks.

http://everything2.com/title/An+Introduc...verything2
Quoted:
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 07:03 PM by vonunov.)
11-24-2016 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 94 thank(s) in 64 post(s)
RE: Similar Snowflakes

I'm flattered that you would suggest a site with a larger audience, unfortunately that isn't my goal. I have earned a relatively worthless bachelor of science in marketing, and while mostly worthless, it's credentials should assure you that if I was attempting to pursue internet notoriety than I wouldn't be posting here.

As I type this I'm sitting in a rooftop bar in Ho Chi Mihn City, Vietnam. I needed to get away from the rejection emails of fortune 500 companies, and surprise surprise, I'm staring at the headquarters of Deloitte and EY

I've been traveling in Vietnam for a few weeks now, I've seen the rice terraces of Sapa, the Limestone Islands in Ha long Bay. I got into a motorcycle accident in Hue. I looked deeply into the eyes of a new Zealand tourist with blonde hair, a Buddhist mindset, and a nose piercing that any suburban mom would point out in a condescending way. Events happen, terrain changes.. She is running from something, and I call her out on it. She asks me if I've ever truly meditated, gone outside of my own mind and become one with the living energy of the world.

Now readers, only a few weeks ago I was in Thailand, repeating words I didn't understand while incense burned and my legs slowly lost circulation. I was attempting to meditate with these Buddhist monks; not because I believe in it, but because I couldn't find a logical reason to not try.

I failed.

The goal is to stop thinking, and that isn't something Vatman turns off. My mind raced in overdrive. Gold Skin, Pad Thai, Mole on his head, look left, my leg is asleep. You get the idea.

I told the girl with the nosering that of course it's true that we are one with the universe, but to deny our individuality is unrealistic. I told her that her feet are feeling the souls of her shoes in such a way that the rest of the universe could never fathom. She was unique, connected, but unremarkably alone.

I only have a few weeks left before I fly back to the States, maybe I should stay out here longer. Running away isn't as dramatic when you have a return flight scheduled down to the minute.

What am I really trying to avoid?

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 02:49 AM by Vatman.)
01-12-2017 02:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 179 thank(s) in 120 post(s)
Similar Snowflakes

It isn't about notoriety. I don't think the place is all that popular anyway. They really seem to love this kind of thing is all.
01-12-2017 12:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply