RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I CAN PROVE BIGFOOT EXISTED
Sasayaki Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
I CAN PROVE BIGFOOT EXISTED

If monkey evolved into human than what else but Bigfoot looks enough like a human physically and genetically to be the in-between? I mean from ape to human there would have to be way too many spontaneous mutations, we have different feet, amount of hair and more on the head, shorter arms, live way longer, and are different sizes.

And if something did happen to change all those genes so much so fast which it would have to to go from ape to human immediately 'cause science hasn't found anything closer to humans than apes, right? It probably won't be all positive mutations I mean that's where all those deadly genetic diseases come from right, mutations?

Although no Bigfoot bones have ever been found and no one has been able to snap a clear picture of the beast this is a pretty smart case for them, right? So therefore Bigfoot must exist otherwise there is no bridge-animal between humans and apes, and the whole theory of evolution wouldn't make sense.

Prove me wrong. I doubt you can. Giggle

~The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.
I am committed to school.
01-20-2011 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: I CAN PROVE BIGFOOT EXISTED

Except humans didn't come from apes, humans AND apes came from a common ancestor and diverged.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
01-20-2011 08:11 AM
Sasayaki Offline
Rebel

So what ancestor did humans came from? I know, I know that evolution says we all came from some mysterious first ancestor but I'm talking fast forward to now and take one evolutionary step back from man. You know the creature that is slowly mutating to humans and is the closest. I thought it was ape if anyone knows the closer one say it and I want to see it's picture than.

~The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.
01-20-2011 08:33 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

GOD CREATED US FROM MUD

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-20-2011 10:10 AM
Sasayaki Offline
Rebel

Not according to my Biology teacher though it's funny in a bad way. The overhead/slide/notes for my college in high school class are out-dated. She has us copy the notes (for the college professor's tests) but she usually says something like what she said this morning:
On Slide: Jean B-something de Lamarck proposed that organisms change by natural phenomena not divine intervention, has a vital force that changed them toward greater complexity over time and can pass traits acquired during lifetime to offspring.
Teacher: He stated that if a man becomes really buff in his lifetime then his children will be buffer babies. But studies now show that having buff parents doesn't automatically make the baby buff. There is a study were a scientist cut the tails off mice, had them mate and the offspring had tails, he cut of those tails and had them mate. He repeated the experiment many times and none of the offspring had not not acquired tails which actually disproves this.

01-20-2011 10:44 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

YOUR BIOLOGY TEACHER IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR GOD

REPENT YOUR SINS OR BURN IN HELL INFIDEL

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-20-2011 11:02 AM
Sasayaki Offline
Rebel

Ah, so you don't believe. Well let's get back on topic. Which species did man came from? Please be more specific then just common ancestor.

01-20-2011 11:12 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hu ... on_fossils
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o ... _evolution

Edumacate yourself.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
01-20-2011 11:41 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

ITT: Common misinterpretation of evolution.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-20-2011 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply