RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Metal.
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)
RE: Metal.

(01-13-2015 10:40 PM)c00ldud3 Wrote:  Deftones anyone? They kick ass.

Considering how many people consider them nu metal, they tend to get hated a lot

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
01-13-2015 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c00ldud3 Offline
King Of Fools

Given 34 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

They were always their own genre. It's a shame they are so underrated. Chino's vocal versatility is amazing.. he can sing in almost any genre.

My favorite songs off of each album:

Adrenaline: Tough choices, perhaps Birthmark.
Around The Fur: One of their best. Lhabia is my favorite.
White Pony: Their most well known album. Their best too. Change is outstanding.
Self titled album: When Girls Telephone Boys.
Saturday Night Wrist: Underrated album. Pink Cellphone ruins this album, it's terrible, never listen. Rats! Rats! Rats! is my favorite.
Diamond Eyes: probably my least favorite album by them. I like Royal.
Koi No Yokan: Poltergeist. Eargasms all over.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 11:51 PM by c00ldud3.)
01-13-2015 11:50 PM
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)

People are going to try to kill me over this **loads shotgun**
But I actually like Nu Metal, and my favorite metal band is Limp Bizkit (bring on the Jeering)

Favorite songs of each album:
3 dollar bill: Faith, Counterfiet
Significant other: Just like this, I'm broke, Nookie, Break Stuff, 9 teen 90 nine, Trust, re-arranged
CSHDFW: My generation, rollin, my way, take a look around, livin it up
Results may vary: nothing really
Gold cobra: Shotgun

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
01-14-2015 02:58 AM
Money morkel Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Metal.

Metal is loud and harsh sounding rock music with a strong beat; lyrics usually involve violent or fantastic imagery.
06-01-2015 09:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)
Metal.

I like Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Dying Fetus, Reverend Bizarre, Slayer, Belphegor, Crucifyre, Hellstorm, Marilyn Manson, and quite a few others.

I really hate Torsofuck. They not only have extremely disgusting lyrics that makes "I Cum Blood" look like nothing and a stupid band name (why would anybody fuck a torso, seriously?), but their music in general is crap.

Look no further than Raped By Elephants and see all three in one (Stupid Title, Disgusting Lyrics, Terrible Lyrically).

666 Baby Annihilator.
09-16-2015 04:37 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

I'm so metal, even these awful lyrics.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-16-2015 08:20 PM
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

I'm wondering whether or not to grace this thread with my own special brand of "superior Metal taste" elitism.
09-16-2015 11:43 PM
haiduk Offline
deathlord

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Haiduk – Demonicon [black/death]

Blackened death metal solo project HAIDUK

Watch on YouTube

Watch on YouTube

Album At:
http://www.haiduk.ca

………
04-29-2016 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Newbie Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I recently discovered Disturbed, and they became my favorite band very quickly.

Somebody is probably going to scream at me about how they're not "real" metal, and that may be true, but Wikipedia classifies them as hard rock/heavy metal... So that's enough for me.
09-09-2016 10:56 AM
Username Offline
Drunkard

Pick the odd one out: Bathory, At the Gates, Thantifaxath, Celtic Frost, Disturbed
It all depends on which Disturbed album you mean. The recent ones are shite and many would not class them as any subgenre of metal.

As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't listed in Metallum, it isn't metal.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017 02:48 AM by Username.)
09-10-2016 04:46 AM
DreamRebel Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

Given 113 thank(s) in 77 post(s)
Metal.

Sabaton! Has anybody acknowledged Sabaton?
09-12-2016 07:26 AM
patrickk Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Metal.

When talk about Metal, the only metal band i know is Metallica. LOL. I knew the industry got a lots of metal genre like trash metal, black metal, nu metal, groove metal, etc
02-19-2017 02:18 AM
HighSchoolFailure1337 Offline
Trailblazing Escapist

Given 10 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Metallum is a joke, and the site's followers are probably Metalsucks' drones. God Damn the Elitist Ones!

~HighSchoolFailure1337's Mental Health Log Says~

[img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fma/images/7/7c/Roy_mustang_angry.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160228232223[img]
06-21-2017 09:38 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Metal.

there is nothing wrong with elitism
06-21-2017 05:02 PM
Username Offline
Drunkard