RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPod Stolen
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
iPod Stolen

I had to report my iPod stolen today. Really, I lost it around Friday. I sort of looked on the bright side and assumed I misplaced it around somewhere at home but I searched rather diligently for it with no luck. So I retraced my steps all the way back to Friday where I remember looking down at my bag during class and wondering why the hell the small pocket was unzipped. I zipped it up, didn't think anything of it. Left class, got on the bus, went home, opened my bag where alas, my iPod could not be found.

My name isn't on it.

The officer at the school says a bunch of iPods have been stolen lately and he suspects they're being sold cheap on the side or something.

It makes me sad. I was near tears. I don't think it was necessarilly the fact that I now have no iPod to go with all my iPod accessories but because they were asking me who sits next to me in chemistry and who might have stolen it. I'm not used to suspecting people of this type of thing. I always assume that if I lose something it's my fault and I can't think of anyone in my class who would do something like that. I mean...I just can't imagine somebody going through the trouble of digging through my bag and stealing something right under my nose.

So yeah, it's a sad day. Seeing that it was a Christmas present from my Mom, I feel even worse about it. Because we're on a really tight budget lately and I know we can't replace it without some trouble.

Let's do the time warp again!
01-18-2007 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demonic Pyro Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Omg
Today I found out I lost a book that wasn't even mine so I've got to replace it.
It sucks it was in my desk and everything.

Anyway *hug*

:-P
That is all.
01-18-2007 09:39 AM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Aaw. Hopefully it'll show up, just keep looking for it and go check out the iPod's at your school. It might show up there with a bit of luck

"Want evidence of how deeply we've allowed the media to define our beauty? Look in the mirror. How many of you honestly believe in your own essential beauty? Isn't it wrong that we have let the bastards define human beauty for us, instead of encouraging us to look within each other for it?"
01-18-2007 09:39 AM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Did you try asking the person that sits next to you?

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
01-18-2007 10:22 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

My lab table said they'd all keep an eye out. Chris offered to kick the ass of whoever took it.

[I hate to think anyone who sits next to me took it because I help them all with homework and group labs. It was a lab day though so everyone would've been walking around and everything.]

01-18-2007 10:30 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

On the first day of school, my brother was listening to his ipod in the courtyard after lunch. This group of creepy tough-looking kids looked at it with eager eyes. My brother saw them, and he tucked it into his pocket. What I reccommend next time if you take stuff like that to school is to put it into a pocket or something, so you can feel if someone is taking it or not. I bring my nintendo ds to school all the time, and always keep it either in my pocket of my new pants, or in the front pocket of my sweatshirt. I just hope you can find it. I almost cried after I lost my favorite game. But i found it, so i hope you find your ipod soon.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
01-18-2007 12:09 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Dark_Avenger Wrote:On the first day of school, my brother was listening to his ipod in the courtyard after lunch. This group of creepy tough-looking kids looked at it with eager eyes. My brother saw them, and he tucked it into his pocket. What I reccommend next time if you take stuff like that to school is to put it into a pocket or something, so you can feel if someone is taking it or not. I bring my nintendo ds to school all the time, and always keep it either in my pocket of my new pants, or in the front pocket of my sweatshirt. I just hope you can find it. I almost cried after I lost my favorite game. But i found it, so i hope you find your ipod soon.

I remember Tetris mysteriously went missing after my brother's birthday party. Apart from accidentally breaking my kareoke machine, they dared to take my favorite game away.

I didn't cry, I fumed. Because I knew who it was and I knew he would do that type of thing but he was...we had a really nice rivalry going on. Ever since I babysat him and he locked me in the dogcage and beat my hand with a bat everytime I'd try to open the door. Suspicious

01-18-2007 12:47 PM
modest mouse Offline
Fanatic

Dark_Avenger Wrote:On the first day of school, my brother was listening to his ipod in the courtyard after lunch. This group of creepy tough-looking kids looked at it with eager eyes. My brother saw them, and he tucked it into his pocket. What I reccommend next time if you take stuff like that to school is to put it into a pocket or something, so you can feel if someone is taking it or not. I bring my nintendo ds to school all the time, and always keep it either in my pocket of my new pants, or in the front pocket of my sweatshirt. I just hope you can find it. I almost cried after I lost my favorite game. But i found it, so i hope you find your ipod soon.

I only like DS's because you can go into picochat and draw pictures and make slideshows so that they look animated. XD

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees through narrow chinks of his cavern."
01-18-2007 12:47 PM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

haha, I love that shit XD. I entertain myself for hours on end after midnight. I did that AND play my quite addictive pokemon ranger. God damnt yhat game is EVIL!!! i had hand cramps for three days. (Don't ask WHy i still paly pokemon games) It was my writing hand too.

Anyhoo, I think you should just look like you dont care about it, and people may be fooled. What i do is make a subtle yet noticable scratch you can find on objects. Make a certain mark that identifies when something is YOURS. Maybe soemone will show up one day listening to it or something like that. I found lots of things that way. My former-friend abby took my wallet, my game, my binder, my money, my pencils, and a lot more. i put marks on them, and I got her. That little bitch. My rantings wont help, but I hope I proved a point or sometihng small at least.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
01-18-2007 02:11 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

hey, pokemon games are fun!
01-18-2007 02:14 PM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

I like that one that breathes fi-no, I like that evil cat, whatever his name was (it's been a while since I even watched the show)

"Want evidence of how deeply we've allowed the media to define our beauty? Look in the mirror. How many of you honestly believe in your own essential beauty? Isn't it wrong that we have let the bastards define human beauty for us, instead of encouraging us to look within each other for it?"
01-18-2007 04:40 PM
Madness Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Weve had alot of stuff, ipods, phones etc stolen in our classroom too. Luckily i dont leave stuff thats worth anything on my worktable.
01-18-2007 08:34 PM
xSeducedx Offline
Rebel

someone stole my virginity a few days ago...

Have You Had Your [$educed]® Today?
01-19-2007 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

xSeducedx Wrote:someone stole my virginity a few days ago...

Did you ever find it again?
01-19-2007 10:49 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

/rimshot
01-19-2007 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

You lost it in class? That's one I've only heard in erotic fiction.
01-19-2007 11:52 AM
Quote this message in a reply
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

Laugh
That's a good one.

01-19-2007 11:55 AM
Fanatic

does EVERY post of kirby's have to entail some mention of erotica...
01-19-2007 12:00 PM
xSeducedx Offline
Rebel

yeah... in math class. all those numbers and shapes... GOD i love school! Biggrin

01-19-2007 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

you LOVE school? get off the forums...

nah, kidding. if you actually love school though it's strange that you're here

i used to like math. stress "used to"
01-19-2007 12:05 PM
xSeducedx Offline
Rebel

well actually, yes, i do hate school... it's just math that turns me on... like i said, all those numbers and shapes... *sigh*

01-19-2007 12:07 PM
Fanatic

oh. right right right.

the only thing i liked about school was debates
01-19-2007 12:08 PM
xSeducedx Offline
Rebel

Oooo... debates are sexi!

Please tell me more...

01-19-2007 12:11 PM
Unregistered

[Image: sex-is-fun.jpg]
01-19-2007 12:13 PM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

xSeducedx Wrote:Oooo... debates are sexi!

Please tell me more...

Funny, I would've thought your signature thing would be 'I wanna suck on your lollipop'.

01-19-2007 12:27 PM
xSeducedx Offline
Rebel

"I wanna suck on your lollipop."

Really? May I ask why?

01-19-2007 01:01 PM
Unregistered

It is suggestive of fellatio but is more erotic than your current signature.
01-19-2007 01:03 PM
xSeducedx Offline
Rebel

ick... Yuck

well my current sig isn't suppose to be suggestive... you had to be there.

01-19-2007 01:05 PM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

xSeducedx Wrote:"I wanna suck on your lollipop."

Really? May I ask why?

It's a song

01-19-2007 01:15 PM
Unregistered

It's better than "Let me suck your penis."
01-19-2007 01:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  11 YEARS Stolen ! Number11 10 3,173 06-03-2009 12:08 PM
Last Post: Thought Criminal
  THREAD STOLEN Weses 14 2,905 01-29-2008 07:26 AM