RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Going to the toilet isn't a human right."
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
"Going to the toilet isn't a human right."

http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/357758/5039389.aspx
Teacher forum made me rage.
01-25-2011 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AngryCollegeDude Offline
Renegade

Given 7 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Re: "Going to the toilet isn't a human right."

Ugh sounds like some posters of the forums I've been debating on. I never understood why teachers make it a big deal to go to the bathroom during their precious lessons. I've heard a few reasons, but none of them hold up.

"They can go during break": Tell that to my bodily functions.
"But they'll use it as an excuse to skip class!": First of all, not everyone will skip class. Second of all, how does it even matter if they skip class? If they hate class enough to skip it, how is keeping them their really gonna help them?
"But it disrupts class!" Are those 2 second distractions where the kid gets up to leave class really worth not letting them go?

It's funny because teachers talk about how disrespectful some students are, but they surely don't respect the students enough to let them leave class when they need to.
01-26-2011 12:40 AM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Damn straight. So true.

I'll take a shit on the floor if I have to.
01-26-2011 11:11 AM
DragonDusk Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Hope these guys get used to cleaning up piss on the floor, because that's what they're asking for.

[Image: bender%20swag.gif]
[Image: dragonanimated_326089.gif] <-----
01-27-2011 10:00 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I remember someone posting about a guy who actually did piss on the floor in an act of protest.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-27-2011 10:05 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:"But it disrupts class!" Are those 2 second distractions where the kid gets up to leave class really worth not letting them go?
Just letting them go is less disruptive than having them ask you and then telling them "NO U CANT GO IT R DISRUPTIV"...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-28-2011 01:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AngryCollegeDude Offline
Renegade

Given 7 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:"But it disrupts class!" Are those 2 second distractions where the kid gets up to leave class really worth not letting them go?
Just letting them go is less disruptive than having them ask you and then telling them "NO U CANT GO IT R DISRUPTIV"...

You'd think they'd figure out that cleaning up after someone would be so much more disruptive, but no. In the teachers mind, students CAN control their bodily functions so that's a non issue for them. This is exactly why I hate other people thinking they know me or what's best for me more than I do.
01-28-2011 04:29 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I just go anyway. Which results in suspension.
My friend swears that she peed on the teacher's desk when she was told she could not leave the room.

Oh, and I actually saw with my own eyes the girl sitting next to me in class once pee all over her seat because she couldn't hold it anymore.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
01-28-2011 04:31 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

It's really dumb how they say you should go during the break. We aren't born with the knowledge of when we will need to go to the bathroom. That's why little kids have to wear diapers. They can't hold in their pee and poop and they don't even know when it's going to come. You learn as you get older what you feel like before you need to go and you also learn how to hold it, and people all learn this at different rates. If you're teaching 5 or 6 year olds, it's kind of amazing that they can even tell they need to go a few minutes before. My mom couldn't tell when she was 6 and she would always end up peeing in her pants and then the teacher would mock her, calling her a baby.

You never really know what level the individual in question has developed to. They usually call it some kind of disorder if the person still hasn't learned to control it when they are a teenager, but it's not really, not if they can one day still achieve typical control. Basically, to respect each person and not risk gross or dangerous situations, you have to let anyone go to the bathroom when they say they need to.

But even if you know the person can hold it, it's still none of your fucking business. You don't own the person. You can't own a person. They own themselves, and they are not obligated to follow your rules, acquiesce to your desires, listen to your speeches, do your stupid worksheets, or anything else. Anyway if someone doesn't need to pee but they want to leave anyway, it's to satisfy some NEED that they have. So you are denying them the chance to fulfill their own needs. You monster.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

01-28-2011 04:44 AM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Prince Rilian Wrote:It's really dumb how they say you should go during the break. We aren't born with the knowledge of when we will need to go to the bathroom. That's why little kids have to wear diapers. They can't hold in their pee and poop and they don't even know when it's going to come. You learn as you get older what you feel like before you need to go and you also learn how to hold it, and people all learn this at different rates. If you're teaching 5 or 6 year olds, it's kind of amazing that they can even tell they need to go a few minutes before. My mom couldn't tell when she was 6 and she would always end up peeing in her pants and then the teacher would mock her, calling her a baby.

You never really know what level the individual in question has developed to. They usually call it some kind of disorder if the person still hasn't learned to control it when they are a teenager, but it's not really, not if they can one day still achieve typical control. Basically, to respect each person and not risk gross or dangerous situations, you have to let anyone go to the bathroom when they say they need to.

But even if you know the person can hold it, it's still none of your fucking business. You don't own the person. You can't own a person. They own themselves, and they are not obligated to follow your rules, acquiesce to your desires, listen to your speeches, do your stupid worksheets, or anything else. Anyway if someone doesn't need to pee but they want to leave anyway, it's to satisfy some NEED that they have. So you are denying them the chance to fulfill their own needs. You monster.
Good god so much truth.

The bodily functions of an individual isn't the business of anyone except the person themselves. Teachers have this controlling nature that thinks that anything someone does they need to be apart of. OK then, why don't you wipe my ass when I'm done?

I actually have this thing where I can't take a shit anywhere but my own home. I just can't stand public toilets or going at a friends house, I feel so... open. Like someone is listening in. Pissing is another story, I can do it anywhere anytime. Teachers may make weaker students do what they want, but my bladder doesn't fucking care about maths.
01-28-2011 08:18 AM
Mondasin Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Linki Wrote:my bladder doesn't fucking care about maths.
Thats why I taught my ass how to do algebra, of course it leaves the occasional brown stain on the paper, but holding a pencil like that is hard.
01-29-2011 01:55 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I'd never thought I'd see the day when a natural bodily function was seen as unworthy, but there it is
01-29-2011 02:00 AM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Quote:Our (secondary) school have "toilet permission slips" that record the times and dates pupils get out to the toilet which allow us to spot patterns.
My top tip? I've printed these out on yellow and brown slips and if a pupil asks to get to the toilet I ask "Is it a number one or a number two? I need to fill in the correct slip". Most then say "It doesn't matter, Sir. I'll wait.".
It's fucking both, that's why I asked to use the toilet in the first place.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
01-29-2011 07:04 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Linki Wrote:I actually have this thing where I can't take a shit anywhere but my own home. I just can't stand public toilets or going at a friends house, I feel so... open.

Haha this. I've never taken a shit out of my own home, unless I'm away on holiday or something. I hardly ever go to the toilet at school either.

My school is generally alright with it, you just ask, get given a slip and go.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-29-2011 08:57 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Elfy Wrote:
Linki Wrote:I actually have this thing where I can't take a shit anywhere but my own home. I just can't stand public toilets or going at a friends house, I feel so... open.

Haha this. I've never taken a shit out of my own home, unless I'm away on holiday or something. I hardly ever go to the toilet at school either.

I'm like that too. I can only go and use a public toilet if I'm the only one in there.
01-29-2011 08:44 PM
Psychoqueen Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

If I need to piss, I need to piss. My bladder doesn't run on bell times.
01-29-2011 09:36 PM
MJSA Offline
Rebel

Firstly, just to say I love Elfy and BaronVonStrangle's GIFs in their signatures!

Okay; so the slapheadded motherfuckers who wrote the laws in the UK state, only workers get toilet rights:

Quote:"Employees have the right, in law, to a clean, private toilet with hot and cold running water, and soap."

However, article 5 of the Human Rights Declaration:
Quote:"No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."
So refusal to go to the toilet, and being forced to shit on the teachers bald shiny head floor; can be seen as degrading; due to concequncial embarrassment from brainwashed right-wing hooligans your peers.

The UN Convention for Human Rights for a Child states:
Quote:"Children have the right to good quality health care and clean water, nutritious food and a clean environment so that they stay healthy."

So by being in the same room as someone shitting on your best friends science experiment the floor.

Statistics:
Quote:43% of school toilets were described as smelly
84% were only cleaned once daily or less
1 in 3 schools restricted access to toilets during breaks
Half the schools had toilet door/partitions that were too low and over two-thirds of schools had too large a gap at floor level. 89% did not have partitioned urinals.
1 in 4 schools did not have sufficient locks on doors
One in 3 secondary schools had no or insufficient toilet paper
23% did not have hot or warm water and 14% did not have cold water
One in 3 secondary schools had no or insufficient toilet paper
23% did not have hot or warm water and 14% did not have cold water
31% of secondary school toilets had no soap (with a further 27% not having enough)
14% of secondary schools did not have any toilet seats at all and a further 21% had missing seats
Almost 6 in 10 schools did not have any disabled toilets
Toilets in 5% of primary schools and 55% of secondary schools showed signs of vandalism
40% of secondary schools showed evidence of smoking in the toilets
84% had drinking water facilities in the toilet area

*SPAM TASTES NICE*
There is a dedicated site for this; I will blog about tomorrow on my blog.
*SPAM ALL EATEN*

About wanking at school; someone at my last school cut a whole in his pocket and wanked while the hot French teacher taught us how to speak SnailLanguage.

Let me know if this violates any of this forums rules. Anyway I am off to fuck a curry.

*TOO SPICY!*

PERSONAL BLOG: http://junade.com
TWITTER: mjsa96 http://twitter.com/mjsa96
Random site I run: http://www.techiegeeky.com

I am 14, people class me as a "emo geek"; I don't give a shit what they think.
01-31-2011 08:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jamiej Offline
Defiant

Anyone have there new pics .. Biggrin
07-07-2011 03:03 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

jamiej Wrote:Anyone have there new pics .. Biggrin

WTF?

Quote:If i'm doing direct whole class teaching - no one goes (Unless it's really obvious they're going to wet themselves - you can normally tell.)

That is so fucked.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
07-07-2011 04:00 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

AngryCollegeDude Wrote:If they hate class enough to skip it, how is keeping them their really gonna help them?
This alone should convince people that school should not be mandatory. Why the hell doesn't it?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-07-2011 04:07 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Heh, makes me wonder how much you have to forget about being young to be this much of an asshole.

Admittedly, I probably had a particularly nervous personality when I was elementary school aged, but I'd have to be pretty desperate to ask once when I knew the teacher would probably yell or bitch about why I hadn't gone earlier, so it's pretty ridiculous for the teacher to expect that people are going to ask twice or be pretty obvious about it if they really need to go.

And now I'm all grown up and everyone wonders why I'm so nervous about asking for things that are perfectly reasonable. :D

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
07-09-2011 05:51 AM
Horrid Dreamer Offline
Raw fish person

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I agree with you all, my bodily functions don't give a shit about maths (and neither do I).

A week ago, I asked the teacher to go to the toilet during maths. He said no, and asked me why I didn't go during lunch. I told him I didn't need to go then, but I do now, so would he let me go please?
...no. He just told me off for being a 'smart ass'.

So fucking stupid.

Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?
-Marilyn Manson
07-11-2011 12:31 AM
Rosemary16 Offline
Rebel

AngryCollegeDude Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:

You'd think they'd figure out that cleaning up after someone would be so much more disruptive, but no. In the teachers mind, students CAN control their bodily functions so that's a non issue for them. This is exactly why I hate other people thinking they know me or what's best for me more than I do.

Teachers should probbably expect pee on the floor, cocca on the desks, the floor, or wherever the students decide to put it. And the teachers should expect to be peed on, because they may even tell you that there are no restrooms at all.
Ranting Ranting

Student rights:

Students have the right to go to the restroom and go pee or cocca whenever they need to. Students also have the ability to drink water, go sharpen their pencil, and be in a safe classroom. Students may not abuse these rights, and teachers may not abuse, torture, humuliate, degrade or assult students.
Students have the right to the freedom of speech excluding cuss-words. Students also have the right to run away from the staff if the student feels like the staff are abusive, tortures him/her, humiliates him/her, degrade him/her, or put him/her in an unsafe envirnment in which the teacher is physically aggressive.

But as you know, a teacher would say that it is a bunch of baloni, a pile of crap, an abusive statement of teacher's rights or something of that nature. Tripleevil
07-12-2011 05:58 AM
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:

It's probably more disruptive when it's on the floor

War is stupid.
07-19-2011 04:00 PM
Crow Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

thatdope1 Wrote:Some kid shit all over the floor at my school during state testing.

Oof. Poor guy...

I'm so sick of all these people but I'm scared to be alone...
07-20-2011 06:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My school's going down the toilet fast.... James Comey 13 8,017 11-04-2013 04:38 PM
Last Post: xcriteria