RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homework
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
Homework

Personally, I rarely ever do it, because it's a waste of my time. They usually never grade it on accuracy, so I jsut put down a bunch of fake answers. If it IS based on accuracy, I do it after school, before I go home.

Also, my math teacher is probably going to be pissed at me for not doing like 5 assignments, but he can go shove it.

Maybe if he didn't assign 70 problems for homework everyday, and if his schedule made any goddamn sense AT ALL, I might do some of it. Till then, I just make up reasonable sounding answers so I get the grade.
01-25-2007 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schooler Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I rarely didn't complete homework. Not because I'm a nerd or I love school ( hey, I'm a member of this site), but just to make sure I can discuss it with friends and teacher so that I understand the lesson and go to school peacefully. Our teachers don't grade homework. Razz

I'm not against homework, I'm against EXCESSIVE HOMEWORK. They think we have like 5 hours everyday to do homework.Cuckoo
What are we??? Nerdtards??? NO. Rolleyes

I've spent 10 years in school. This is my last year Wink
01-25-2007 08:13 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

stop stereotyping nerds, beeotch! not all of us love homework.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-26-2007 01:03 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:stop stereotyping nerds, beeotch! not all of us love homework.

I'm a nerd, and i can't phucking STAND homework.
Just because I don't do the same crap as all the other morons doesn't mean they can fill up my schedule with their crap.
01-26-2007 09:35 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Im a nerd, and homework is bearable. But im really close to going SNAP! AGH!!!

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
01-26-2007 09:52 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

homework is shit. it screws up evenings cause little kids have tantrums, it hits you when you're most tired, it takes up free time for doing other things, and it just reeks of sheer, paternalistic arrogance that they consider themselves so important that they can control what you do in your free time, in your OWN HOME.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-26-2007 09:56 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

BigWolf Wrote:Wolf doesn't do homework (you've read my other thread) and let's his stance on homework be known. Smile

Also, rarely ever does it, and if he does, rarely puts much effort into it, yet gets A's and B's on all tests/quizzes. He also has a 3.6 GPA and high state testing scores. Smile

School is flawed, and that's simple proof.

Damn straight! (high five)
01-26-2007 10:08 AM
payback123 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi, I'm new to this site (hope you don't mind me intruding) but I completely agree about homework, I've just been at school for 7 hours, the last thing I want to do is something school related, at my house no less.
02-04-2007 04:02 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

that's exactly it... it's the simple fact that they force it on you after hours
02-04-2007 04:39 AM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Homework sucks. I have some due tomorrow that I plan to start (and finish) tomorrow morning.

And hi, Payback. Welcome

"Want evidence of how deeply we've allowed the media to define our beauty? Look in the mirror. How many of you honestly believe in your own essential beauty? Isn't it wrong that we have let the bastards define human beauty for us, instead of encouraging us to look within each other for it?"
02-04-2007 12:32 PM
Fanatic

"Homework sucks. I have some due tomorrow that I plan to start (and finish) tomorrow morning."

lol, that's the spirit. i've started essays 20 minutes before they were due. 65. bitch.
02-04-2007 12:34 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

payback123 Wrote:Hi, I'm new to this site (hope you don't mind me intruding) but I completely agree about homework, I've just been at school for 7 hours, the last thing I want to do is something school related, at my house no less.

Welcome to SS, you're not intruding... that's homework's job Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-04-2007 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
payback123 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Thank you

And the worst part is now my teacher is giving us a sheet to give to our parents with a sticker saying that we either completed or didn't complete the assignment as if somehow I was back in grade 2, apparently a simple phone call can't do the trick.

"Great Job Billy!, do you want the turtle sticker or the lion?"
02-08-2007 11:57 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Hehe.

I hate homework. My parents say "ITS YER JOHB". Bah. I didn't get hired, I was forced. And what justification do YOU teachers have to give me useless work that will amount to jack shit over MY weekend? And yes, it IS the student's weekend. Students have to put up with more shit then you ever have in this day and age. So fuck you, I'm not wasting my weekend with your work.
02-08-2007 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)

Most of my homework is voluntary of which I only do math. My chemistry teacher is cool though. She assigns homework everyday but she has said that it is not there just to make work for us, it is there if we feel we need practice. She actually understands that people learn in different ways and she doesn't care if we don't do those questions.

My school starts at 8am and goes till 2:30pm, minus one hour for lunch means only 6.5 hours of school. 6.5 hours by five days means 32.5 hours a week. I work fifteen hours a week so that brings it up to 47.5 hours. Meaning I do not have a forty hour work week, I have almost 10 hours more. And I'm supposed to do homework? I completely agree with the sentiment that my free time is MY free time, not the schools.
02-08-2007 01:25 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

hear hear
02-08-2007 02:31 PM
0bliiVioN Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

My maths teacher is cool now. He promised on Wednesday that he'll never give us homework on Fridays, even if we act like fuckin psychos Mwahaha . That's a pretty schweet deal.

So we don't have to worry about getting impossible math homework to complete over the weekend from him, but our other teachers are evil (bad evil) like that. They give us too much homework for the mer-hey, I just realised we have trhe answers to the questions in the back of our maths text book Evil

But cheating is meh.

"Want evidence of how deeply we've allowed the media to define our beauty? Look in the mirror. How many of you honestly believe in your own essential beauty? Isn't it wrong that we have let the bastards define human beauty for us, instead of encouraging us to look within each other for it?"
02-08-2007 08:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Homework sucks! Homework is a WASTE OF TIME! Barricade 27 14,178 07-15-2015 03:27 AM
Last Post: sswbm