RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Vent/Ranting Thread
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

wtf? those test results are sweet!

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
11-14-2007 07:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

They are ill-founded and not to be taken seriously, unless of course they are like the ones in here. (my sister gets shit like this... *shudder*)

[Image: 5400L.jpg]

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
11-14-2007 08:58 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I hate it when people TyPe LiKe ThIs.

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
11-14-2007 10:24 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

so i go out to the special car for driver ed today with the others, the first time in ages that we've all been there on time, and there's a sign in the window that says "if i'm not there by 3:10 the drive is cancelled. see ya tonight for class." so we waited for about fifteen minutes, and sure enough there was no sign of the teacher cause of a staff meeting or some shit. well, lucky for me my parents thought i they were supposed to pick me up at 4:30 as ususal, but there was no way i was going to spend over an hour standing around in school, so i decided to walk home. now, for me walking home means almost three miles of hills, highways, forest, mud, and crossing traffic cone lines while hoping the town park groundskeeper doesn't see me, all while carrying a heavy-ass backpack. it takes about an hour on a good day. i didn't mind; i just think of it as anarchist basic training. but then i get to the intersection near my house, and NOBODY would let me pass! over a hundred cars must have gone by, they all made eye contact with me waiting there, and they still just kept going! it wasn't a highway or anything, just a street! and the assholes couldn't wait five seconds to let a guy pass? Ranting

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
11-14-2007 10:49 AM
The One Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

i hate it when people take a video game way too seriously.. especially an online community type of game. Like WoW. I have a friend obsessed with it, we hardly do anything together anymore cause he'd rather stay at home playing on his computer than going into town or anything. No

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
- Plato
11-14-2007 11:31 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Goin out sucks, I too prefer to just stay home.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
11-14-2007 12:01 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

My mom said she was surprised that I got my work done even though she wasn't here today. I got it done because she wasn't here. None

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
11-14-2007 12:44 PM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Quote:4. It seems like school survival is becoming like school because it has people constantly calling you idiot, homo or some other thing because of whatever and the veterens always seem to be right like the populars. (

True that. Like the guy who posted that he liked school and everyone just bashed the shit out of him. Who is he hurting by liking school? How is he(or anyone who likes school) affecting you?

1. People always say that because I am against the death penalty, I am a murder sympathizer.

2. Fundamentalists really piss me off.

Hidden stuff:
11-24-2007 07:29 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I hate it when people rant too much, chill out dude!
CHILL!
I SAID CHILL!!!!!!1111oneelevenone1111!!!!!!!

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
11-24-2007 07:32 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I find many of the "veterans" to have good ideas, some of the ideas I don't agree with, but they are fundamentally good.

11-24-2007 07:50 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:Like the guy who posted that he liked school and everyone just bashed the shit out of him. Who is he hurting by liking school? How is he(or anyone who likes school) affecting you?

That guy was proven to be the same guy who was trolling the forum and spamming the Pain Series all over.

Quote:It isn't about siding with the "veterans" like their the popular kids, most of the "veterans" often gain support because most of their ideas are logical.

Some of them, yes. Some of the newcomers I would rank in the same league of logical-ness, and the only difference is that they haven't been around that long. I don't like this whole "veteran" outlook. I also don't like how some people here seem to think being a moderator is supposed to be some kind of "status" thing. It just lets you delete spam and move shit around. Wooohooo. Big deal. Get over it already! Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-24-2007 08:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

MAKE ME AN ADMIN!!!!!!
I WANT TO BE A BIG SHOT!!!!!!
I HAVE LIKE A KAJILLION POSTS AND I AM COOL SO I'M QUALIFIED!!!!!

Truley, I have no desire to be an admin or a mod, I mean if this was one of those free hosted forums it could be different, I could dispose the owner from his admin position and make my own band of admins and mods.

But that's another screwed up story for another dreary day...

11-24-2007 08:37 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:Like the guy who posted that he liked school and everyone just bashed the shit out of him. Who is he hurting by liking school? How is he(or anyone who likes school) affecting you?

That guy was proven to be the same guy who was trolling the forum and spamming the Pain Series all over.

That really doesn't matter. I'm willing to bet that if I or anyone who is not a troll had posted that, then I would have seen the same responses to it.

My point: Bashing others for their opinions is just being a dick[/quote]

Hidden stuff:
11-24-2007 09:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I'm willing to bet that if I or anyone who is not a troll had posted that, then I would have seen the same responses to it.

I doubt it. If I remember right, the responses were fine until he started saying stupid things. There are some other people here who like school too, but we don't see them getting bitched at.

Quote:If you blatantly act like, "Hey! Don't fuck with me, I'm a big, bad Mod/Admin, I'll like totally ban you," you will be called down on it, so that status thing is just moot, and pointless.

Yeah, exactly. I think for some reason being a mod makes people feel more important, like they're a VIP here or something. I guess it's a nice feeling. I mean, I'm the admin... and that's a nice feeling, but I wouldn't say I'm any more important than anyone else here. It's nice to know you're a part of something, so I guess that's a big part of it too. I dunno. It's just annoying when people ask to be a mod/admin when we don't need any more.

So... just because I (or whoever else) doesn't make you a mod doesn't mean we don't love you or that we don't think you're "worthy" or something silly like that!!! OK?! Laugh

I know a lot of other forums have other member groups that show that a person is highly respected on that forum... I don't want something like that here. Respect isn't something you should get a little noddy badge or a gold star for. If people respect you, great, that should be its own reward. If people read your posts, they should take it at face value, not take it more or less seriously depending on your "status" or even your post count for that matter.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
11-25-2007 01:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Pfft. I'm a mod, doesn't mean jack shit. Hardly ever get to use my powers anyways. Forum kinda polices itself. Also, the idiotic flaming was stupid. Unless somebody flamed them first, then they had no fucking reason to flame them, even if they made some outrageous statement. Just disprove them and laugh.

K
S
11-25-2007 03:29 PM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I tend to get bored at school. Because of this, I tend to act a little "weird." Like this one time in my homeroom class (in which we do nothing), I put on my Van Halen CD 1984 and started dancing. Not "cool" dancing, but just goofing off. I was pretending that I was playing guitar and lip-synching (did I spell that right?) the lyrics to "Jump." That's only one of things I did. But for the past couple of months, this asshole has been saying things to me like, "Karl, you're a black MAN, right?" "Yeah." "Then why are you acting like such an asshole?" As if just because I tend to act a certain way, I shouldn't qualify as a black person anymore and recently he calling me the "blackest white guy" he's every met. Rolleyes

He dares to tell me that I don't have any respect for myself because I act like an "asshole" and all the fuck I'm doing is having a good time. He tells me that there is a difference between people laughing WITH me and people laughing AT me. Which of course, I already fucking know. When I act goofy, I'm also laughing. So that could damn well mean that people can laugh AT me and WITH me at the same time. But anyways, he goes on to say shit like, "people laugh with me because I be ripping people apart," and for those who don't know, that means to make fun of somebody. And that's what cracks me up. This know-it-all, condescending asshole is calling me an asshole for being goofy... WITH MYSELF! I don't have to pick on other people to get a laugh, nor do I have to laugh at other people to get a good laugh. I laugh at MYSELF, and I'M the only person I need for a good laugh, but I'm an asshole for that. I should start picking with other people so I can be "normal" and be a "non-asshole" huh?

Sometimes, I just want to punch him in his fucking face and squeeze his fucking head until blood comes out 'cause I can't stand when people judge me and call me an asshole for being who I want to be, and of all things, being somebody who likes to laugh at himself, as opposed to ripping somebody else to shreds. Shit, I know what it's like to get laughed at. I know how it feels to have a whole fucking hallway of people laughing at you.

There's also another reason why this fucking jack-off pisses me off and I'll probably be back to talk about it later.
11-26-2007 04:50 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Well that guy sounds like an idiot... Stabhead

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2007 05:10 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

He IS an idiot.
11-26-2007 06:32 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Malls overprice things. D:<

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
11-26-2007 06:57 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Wadekarl, there's a difference between being black and acting "black".
It's kind of funny how if you act a certain way people call you "black" and another way they call you "white". I think it's like how they stereotype people as "nerds" and "emos" and crap.
I'm white, but this one dude calls me "neon white" because I act really "white", as in the stereotype.

I really just take it with fun, in the end it doesn't matter. We all die and rot into dirt anyhow.

11-26-2007 07:51 AM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Yeah, it shouldn't really matter to me. But he gets on my fucking nerves. It's the tone of his voice. He talks as if I really am some sort of moron for acting "white."
11-26-2007 08:28 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Ask the teacher to move seats.

11-26-2007 08:31 AM
rexyke Offline
Defiant

I detest my goody-2-shoes colleagues that cringe everytime i miss a coursework, test or class. As if it's someth that'll lose me a limb. I'm doing undergrad 1st year, so I'll be stuck with them for a while. : <
11-30-2007 07:47 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

My life was much easier when there was only one R constant that had to do with my chemistry homework.

I'm too depressed to rant much further on that.

Let's do the time warp again!
11-30-2007 12:19 PM
Oceanfall Offline
Rebel

I'm pissed that:
-Because I was genuinely ill for the entire last week my school has decided to put me on academic watch and if I miss a single day between here and January next year, I'll get kicked out of the program.
-Because I've been ill too much, no one believes me anymore when I say I'm ill, instead calling me a "skiver" and constantly bugging me about what I do and where I go on the days I'm not in school (Answer: I'm in bed trying to sleep).
-I'm always procrastinating when I have something important due in, and I can't help it.
-I never seem to have any time anymore, yet I never seem to be able to get anything done.
-I sleep too much overall, therefore wasting valuable time. And I ALWAYS feel tired.
-Some of the high-achievers in my class have stopped talking to me since they put me on watch.
-My best friend is mad at me just because I prefer to stay at home on a Friday night rather than getting wasted in some club somewhere.
-I have mountains of work from all the days I've missed, tests I have to take, timed essays, art projects and all sorts of crap... yet I haven't even started.
-My dad keeps comparing me to my alchoholic mother, his brother who recently committed suicide, and the guy who did the high-school massacre thing in Finland.
-I never have time to write anymore, or do my own art... everything I do has to be some formal structured essay for school.
-Going to school every day is getting harder and harder.
-I can only see my girlfriend three months of a year, and now that time is being taken away by her school.
-I keep getting deeply depressed and find I can't do anything for days at a time.
-Everyone is shouting at me in school and outside of it for my constant unexplained failure.
-If I get kicked out of the program my dad will refuse to let me stay here and will send me to Finland to "live" with my unstable mother.
-My school counsellor was too busy trying to convert me into a nice, straight, Christian girl to actually be of any help. And she ditched me as a lost cause when I refused to be converted.
-My trouble with speaking to people makes it hard for me to make anyone understand me and makes it painful to express anything at school.
-I seem to create more problems for myself than I seem to solve them.
-Its 10:50PM, I have to finish four projects for tomorrow, and I'm sitting here writing this while my empty word document glares at me.

I am honoured by your hatred.
12-05-2007 12:48 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Wow.. Thats like having buildings on your shoulders.

1.School counselors are rarely any help.
A teacher of mine tried to send me to the schools anger management because people would talk junk and I never cared
what they would say (I listened to my mp3 while I would read).
2.I have to be in a program because last year I couldn't pass my Fcat and they wouldn't let me take my remaining math class to graduate and I have people who failed 5-7 times in there. Some of the kids jumped from the 7+8 to the 11 grade just like that.
3. No offense but your dad sounds kinda harsh. If he knows you are ill and suffering then why the hell does he give you his bullshit.
4. The oversleeping thing has happened to me and starting at 14 I noticed that from time to time I would feel tired and I felt like I had to go to sleep as soon as I got home but I listened to my mom and thought yeah it because I'am lazy.
Years later I found out that I had a condition known as sleep apnea. I have sinuses and so I cannot breath well and when I go to sleep I tend to stop breathing and so I wake up and sometimes I don't even remember (Last night I woke up 4 times).
Even now from time to time I fall asleep but now my mom doesn't bitch like she used to...
5. By friday I have to turn in 18 essays with 5 paragraphs and everything and I'am still deciding if I'am going to do it or not (I only did like 3). The ladies essay topics are so boring like what is my favorite color and how did you feel about the start of the school year.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-05-2007 01:38 AM
Oceanfall Offline
Rebel

Yeah, I've realised that about school counsellors now... they usually make you feel worse after you come out than when you went in.
My father is so caught up in his work that he is rarely at home, he travels most of the week, then occasionally comes back for a few days at a time, usually around the weekend. Therefore he does not see me when I'm at my worst, and has little understanding of the things that go on in my life, and this makes it is easy for him to believe what other people say about me concerning my attendance rate. I told him recently about the constant weariness and sheer exhaustion I feel, and after a while of listening to my complaints and with a recommendation from the school nurse (after I inexplicably fainted during school) he took me to an official clinic for a series of blood tests. The only thing they found was that at the moment I was suffering from some kind of viral blood disease, for which they gave me medication, but apart from that nothing which would explain why I feel so tired or the faintness. This has led my father to believe that I am putting on the entire thing, and recently he has been worse than usual, because he claims that all my illnesses are psychosomatic and brought on by my lazy nature and my refusal to get up in the mornings.
I don't know why it is (blood tests hardly rule out everything) but I really do feel tired and weak most of the time, and this affects my concentration levels and my ability to do work as well. I am sorry about your condition... though it might be worth investigating on my part as I have had trouble with my breathing before (when I was younger especially) I would have cases where I would suddenly find it very hard to breathe and it would take intense conscious concentration for several minutes before I could get it back under control. This was very often followed by dizziness, and my vision fading to black for a few seconds. Sometimes I have fallen over and fainted under this too. I don't know if my parents ever got it checked back then, but I remember them dismissing it as psychosomatic back then too.
Anyway... thanks for the reply... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who suffers from these kinds of things (not to mention intense procrastination - though this is often linked to my tiredness/general apathy).

12-05-2007 04:13 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

How much exercise do you normally get? Maybe being generally more fit will help...

Hidden stuff:
12-05-2007 04:19 AM
Oceanfall Offline
Rebel

SoulRiser Wrote:How much exercise do you normally get? Maybe being generally more fit will help...

Well, we have P.E. once a week in school, and if I have time I play basketball with my sister (who needs to practise daily since she's on one of the school teams), but I don't generally have time to do anything more than a few sit-ups on a daily basis. When I used to have my dog here I used to take her on an hour's walk daily... but she's in Finland now and won't be coming back with us until after the winter holiday. That could be the reason... except I usually feel even more tired after physical exercise, and I used to be on a basketball team last year, and it didn't seem to help, apart from keeping me from falling asleep right after school as I couldn't go home when I had to stay for practise.

12-05-2007 04:30 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Hmm. Also, do you tend to have large meals just before bed? Apparently that can prevent you from sleeping properly. I know school is most likely the biggest problem, just mentioning other stuff that might help a little too Smile

Hidden stuff:
12-05-2007 04:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I must vent, the crappy forums who'v been to thread maromi12d3 7 3,125 11-22-2008 09:49 PM
Last Post: random_name